GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (m2w), 319 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,170
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119990
07/25/05 10:30 AM
07/25/05 10:30 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
...I hate all of you assholes, equally.
AHHHHH....THERE it is!!!!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119991
07/25/05 10:37 AM
07/25/05 10:37 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Almost as bad as the news department hyping a story.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119992
07/25/05 10:49 AM
07/25/05 10:49 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Dan Rather, just shut up and retire already.

Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119993
07/25/05 11:50 AM
07/25/05 11:50 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
The problem with the debates Plawrence is getting tired of, is that they are worthless. Both sides--both--go in already with an answer, and with not an inch of openness in their mind. They shed their opinion and jump on anybody who tries to change it.

Plawrence is the most patient and, as far as writing goes, most lucid debater in his arguments. He is logical and profound at opening up massive holes in others' arguments, which are always avoided, sidestepped, ignored.

As much patience as he has, however, I can't see why he would enjoy banging his head against the political wall as much as he has. If I were him, I would be pissed off with fellow liberals also, but then I'd take a step back and ask--what are they seeing that I'm not? The answer would be that they're seeing what a whole load of stalemating bullshit this kind of business is.

Political debates are tit-for-tat with no openness involved. Perhaps that is because most of the debating is from Americans (that would be citizens of the United States of America). A note to be taken: the sun moves round the Earth, not your country. Narrow-minded isolationism isn't just affecting your foreign policies, but also your "debates" within your own politics.

Thanks for reading,
Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119994
07/25/05 11:58 AM
07/25/05 11:58 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Ouch.

Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119995
07/25/05 12:07 PM
07/25/05 12:07 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Jesus fucking Christ. All of this bullshit is just stupid.

U CONSERVATIVZ R STOOP!D CATHOLIKZ HOO HAYT GAYZ N LYKE W@R!!!!11!

U LIBERALZ R PUZZIES HOO SMOK3 DRUGZ!!!11

Frankly and honestly, both sides are being hypocritical whiners at the moment. Both accuse the other of the same thing, and both are guilty.

I hate all of you assholes, equally.
Couldn't have said it any better myself!

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119996
07/25/05 12:13 PM
07/25/05 12:13 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
... He is logical and profound at opening up massive holes in others' arguments, which are always avoided, sidestepped, ignored....
If you call, "How would you feel if you were the parent of a pedophile..." an example of logical and profound argument capable of opening up massive holes, then you are in far worse shape.

While I agree with all that many self proclaimed liberals are really nice people who mean well at all times...that admirable trait simply does not make for a decent argument. And it is why their side is losing, losing, LOSING!!!!

I will say ONE thing for DonFerro who's posts I now look forward to...he is not afraid of expressing the true feelings of himself as well as the extremists of his party. He does not hide under a cloak of friendliness and wishy washy emotions. He tells it like it is, and he freely admits that this is the WAY he is. And while posts from him HAVE been scarce lately...he did not bother to announce his retreat with the complaint that nobody's helping him out.

So let her rip, DonFerro !!! And the one useful result of this entire thread is that the self-imposed retirement of another may have at least beckoned you from out of the woodwork.

For a while, anyway.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119997
07/25/05 12:19 PM
07/25/05 12:19 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
The problem with the debates Plawrence is getting tired of, is that they are worthless. Both sides--both--go in already with an answer, and with not an inch of openness in their mind. Plawrence is the most patient and, as far as writing goes, most lucid debater in his arguments.

A note to be taken: the sun moves round the Earth, not your country. Narrow-minded isolationism isn't just affecting your foreign policies, but also your "debates" within your own politics.

Thanks for reading,
Mick
But that's why they are called debates. Because both sides go in with what they think are the answers. And if it's your opinion that debates are worthless. then that is fine. To me they are not worthless. Civil debates can be educational and open minded people can learn from them. Your generalizing everyone as not being open minded is wrong. There are several members here that I think always debate with respect and are open minded in their debates. I've seen people like Plawrence, The Italian Stallionette, Afsaneh, Don Cardi and a few others post and debate in a respectful manner.

As for your remark about my narrow minded isolationist country, well you seem to have come here with the answer already, so why bother. :rolleyes:

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119998
07/25/05 12:23 PM
07/25/05 12:23 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Since you are a 'non-Conservative' who's decided that you're doing 'virtually' all the work yourself...I'm not surprised to see that you feel that way.
Touché.

I didn't realize how that sounded when I wrote it.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #119999
07/25/05 12:31 PM
07/25/05 12:31 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
And retire already! :p :p

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #120000
07/25/05 12:34 PM
07/25/05 12:34 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
And retire already! :p :p

Don Cardi
This is like the Cher retirement.... :p

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #120001
07/25/05 12:47 PM
07/25/05 12:47 PM
North East England
Joolsie Cappucetti Offline
Made Member
Joolsie Cappucetti  Offline
Made Member
North East England
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
As an outsider to the American political scene I wouldn't fall into either catagory of Republican V Democrats or Conservative V Liberals. My view of issues differs from an issue to issue basis. Nothing is black or white especially considering politics. I hate seeing two sides fight and argue and it's the same people all the time. Some manage to keep it civil and others don't.

Come on guys. Let's just get naked and cuddle. We can all be mates.
Hear hear Turi

The point of debating is surely that you bring your pre-formed ideas to a discussion, you speak, you listen, you try to reason with people, you supply evidence for your point of view. At the end of it all, even if neither side has changed their mind, you are all at least more educated than you were before you started. And you got to express the way you see the world. This might work. It would be so much more satisfying and constructive.

Soapboxes, namecalling, dismissal of people's arguments before giving them a fair hearing... Why would Plaw or anybody else want to stick around for that?

The most important thing as far as I can see, is yes, being brave and stating your opinions, however unpopular they may be - but being grown up enough to express them in a respectful manner. I'd rather read a hundred tentative political posts from TIS than a single line from an unnecessarily offensive post. I'm just can't see how being rude or pedantic makes anyone's point of view more valid (or more appealing to consider) JMO

Senator, we are both part of the same hypocrisy
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #120002
07/25/05 01:02 PM
07/25/05 01:02 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I am so very sorry to see that this thread has deteriorated so far beyond its original intent. I must agree with PLaw about being tired of the more political threads. It seems that one cannot post their opinion without being called a murderer or unpatriotic or, worse, a LIBERAL . It gets rather sickening after awhile, as if those of us who have such views might as well pack a bag and get ready to be eating dinner with Hitler at Satan's table.

PLaw, I hope that you don't retire, because I feel that certain freedoms deserve defending, and those who make iintelligent and thought-provoking statements in their defense are needed.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #120003
07/25/05 01:06 PM
07/25/05 01:06 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Hell, I think I saw this dead horse moving. Lets kick it around some more and see what happens.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #120004
07/25/05 02:02 PM
07/25/05 02:02 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Hell, I think I saw this dead horse moving. Lets kick it around some more and see what happens.
I'll bump it, hehe.

Since this has also turned into a bit of a "kiss Plaw's ass" thread, allow me to say that I love Apple. Whether she is green or red. :p

Re: I'm Thinking Of Retiring, My Fellow Liberals #120005
07/25/05 02:07 PM
07/25/05 02:07 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Thanks, guys. The last two posts prove that this has run its course and now its time to say, "goodbye".

Goodbye. (and closed).

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull