GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 343 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,429
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118360
07/25/05 12:59 PM
07/25/05 12:59 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by dontomasso:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] These bastards MUST be incinerated.

Don Cardi
How do you find out which ones should be incinerated and which ones should not be? Who should decide this? [/b][/quote]I know that I would love to have 5 minutes alone with one of them. Wouldn't you?

When one is caught red handed, dead to rights, plotting to kill people, making bombs to commit acts of terrorism, funneling money to known terrorist groups or trying to kill people in the manner that they do, then what do you think we should do to them, counselor?

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Well DC, does this include people who wear heavy coats in the summer?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118361
07/25/05 01:05 PM
07/25/05 01:05 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
When one is caught red handed, dead to rights, plotting to kill people, making bombs to commit acts of terrorism, funneling money to known terrorist groups or trying to kill people in the manner that they do, then what do you think we should do to them, counselor?

Don Cardi
Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
Under those circumstances...a few bullets to the head.
If you are going to quote me Don T, then please don't take things out of context by omitting the complete conversation. I think that if you put your ORIGINAL answer ( see above ) to my question back into the equation, it makes the others see what you originally said what should be done too. :rolleyes:

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118362
07/25/05 02:08 PM
07/25/05 02:08 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
Originally posted by Double J:

"The police shot dead one man, whom, if he was a suicide bomber, would've killed hundreds, including the police."

This I cannot believe, on this basis we're all potential suicide bombers. Pretty BIG "if" eh Double J??

Nice to know in the home of the brave and the land of the free wearing a heavy coat in summertime is now a capital offence.
Mmm. So if you were on the train, or your loved one was killed on the train by a suicide bomber who the police didn't stop, would you then be asking why they didn't stop him when they had the chance?

Hindsight is 20/20, and you're seeing perfectly. How were they supposed to know he wasn't a suicide bomber? If he hadn't darted for the subway car, I doubt he would've been killed.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118363
07/25/05 05:19 PM
07/25/05 05:19 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I don't think many people will disagree that if a real suicide bomber was killed in this fashion with a real threat to harming the public there'd be a problem.

It's bad intelligence. Bad intelligence led to this mans death. It's very sad and regretable. I personally don't blame the police with the guns. They did what they thought they had to do in the heat of it all. Though uniformed officers should have been used. If I came from a Brazilian ghetto and I had plain clothes people aiming guns at me and shouting in a language I don't understand I'm doing a runner too. If uniformed coppers had guns aiming at me I'm not moving an inch.

I have a freind in the police that actually informed me today the supposedly shoot to kill policy isn't the official protocol for the police to follow. Apparantly warning shots and rubber bullets are to be fired first. The police are going to get sued and lose.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118364
07/25/05 05:22 PM
07/25/05 05:22 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Apparantly warning shots and rubber bullets are to be fired first. The police are going to get sued and lose.
True, but when you look at the context of the situation, was protocol prudent in this case, at that time? I mean, if they fire warning shots, or rubber bullets, and he still detonates the bomb (if he was a terrorist), it's all over anyways. I think the police will at least have a case, though I suspect they probably will lose, knowing how today's systems work.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118365
07/25/05 05:29 PM
07/25/05 05:29 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[b]Apparantly warning shots and rubber bullets are to be fired first. The police are going to get sued and lose.
True, but when you look at the context of the situation, was protocol prudent in this case, at that time? I mean, if they fire warning shots, or rubber bullets, and he still detonates the bomb (if he was a terrorist), it's all over anyways. I think the police will at least have a case, though I suspect they probably will lose, knowing how today's systems work. [/b][/quote]What if he was carrying a concealed hand grenade with no pin?

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118366
07/25/05 05:36 PM
07/25/05 05:36 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Well, that's been my point all along. The police didn't know whether he was a terrorist or not, and consequently, acted on their best judgement, and with the prejudice that was determined by the bombings.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118367
07/26/05 04:48 AM
07/26/05 04:48 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline OP
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[b] Originally posted by Double J:

"The police shot dead one man, whom, if he was a suicide bomber, would've killed hundreds, including the police."

This I cannot believe, on this basis we're all potential suicide bombers. Pretty BIG "if" eh Double J??

Nice to know in the home of the brave and the land of the free wearing a heavy coat in summertime is now a capital offence.
Mmm. So if you were on the train, or your loved one was killed on the train by a suicide bomber who the police didn't stop, would you then be asking why they didn't stop him when they had the chance?

Hindsight is 20/20, and you're seeing perfectly. How were they supposed to know he wasn't a suicide bomber? If he hadn't darted for the subway car, I doubt he would've been killed. [/b][/quote]If, if, if ,if if...we having a saying in Ireland "If your granny had've had balls, she'd have been your grandad!"

There is one question no-one has raised. On 7th July a bus was blown up in London killing, I believe, 13 people. On 21st July, a terrorist tried to blow up another bus and failed. On 22nd July Mr de Menezes left his flat, got on a bus, entered a tube station and was shot, as it turns out, seven times in the back of the head and once in the back. The question is this, how come he was not a threat on the bus?? and yet became a threat as soon as it looked like he was going to buy a Tube ticket??

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118368
07/26/05 04:53 AM
07/26/05 04:53 AM
S
Senza Mama Offline OP
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Quote:
The police didn't know whether he was a terrorist or not, and consequently, acted on their best judgement, and with the prejudice that was determined by the bombings.
The people of London must be frightened enough by suicide bombers living in their midst. It's a pity we have to add to their fears with an armed police force acting on ignorance, mis-information, poor intelligence and prejudice. :rolleyes:

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118369
07/26/05 10:36 AM
07/26/05 10:36 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Sorry. You run from the cops, and dive on a train, days after a suicide bombing, and I'm blowing your ass away. It's as simple as that. No convictions about it.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118370
07/26/05 10:39 AM
07/26/05 10:39 AM
S
Senza Mama Offline OP
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Quote:
Sorry. You run from the cops, and dive on a train, days after a suicide bombing, and I'm blowing your ass away. It's as simple as that. No convictions about it.
Hopefully you never have a career as a law enforcement officer

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118371
07/26/05 10:44 AM
07/26/05 10:44 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b]The police didn't know whether he was a terrorist or not, and consequently, acted on their best judgement, and with the prejudice that was determined by the bombings.
The people of London must be frightened enough by suicide bombers living in their midst. It's a pity we have to add to their fears with an armed police force acting on ignorance, mis-information, poor intelligence and prejudice. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]I fear the same thing everyday as I walk through the Port Authority Bus Terminal. 1) Will I be standing next to a bomber, 2) will I happen to make a wrong move and be mistaken for a bomber, or the person next to me and I happen to be in the path of bulletts.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118372
07/26/05 11:54 AM
07/26/05 11:54 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
That is right, just what the terrorist want. FEAR!

Then everyone should fight on what should be done about these scumbags. One group turning to the Government and saying keep us safe, you must keep us safe, it is your duty. While another group of (insert your own word here) is crying don't outstep your bounds or infringe on my rights. I don't want to live in a police state. oh, but put yourselves between those nasty bombers and me. Risk your life's so I can walk around without any problems. Of course I will go right along bitching about everything you try and do, because that is the way (blanks) are.

They bomb Egypt and its hotels to drive away the people. They left in droves along with the dollars that make livings for so many people. Cripple the way of life for everyone. Take down the major players at the base. The almighty Dollars.

Remember how two men crippled a whole city by shooting people at random. No one would go out to eat, shop or walk along the streets. Business were hurting and big time at that.People lost their jobs. Tourist would keep on driving rather then stay in that area. Others would duck down while pumping gas and then just take a half tank because they didn't want to be out to long in the line of fire.
The price we paid on 9/11 will live on and on thru fear by so many. That is right, just what the terrorist want. FEAR!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118373
07/26/05 01:14 PM
07/26/05 01:14 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
[b] Sorry. You run from the cops, and dive on a train, days after a suicide bombing, and I'm blowing your ass away. It's as simple as that. No convictions about it.
Hopefully you never have a career as a law enforcement officer [/b][/quote]Probably better, I'd shoot first, and ask questions later.

I'm pray we don't have a day where the cops don't shoot, and a terrorist blows himself up. I can hear the outpouring of condemnations towards law enforcement for not stopping him/her.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118374
07/26/05 03:08 PM
07/26/05 03:08 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Probably better, I'd shoot first, and ask questions later.

I'm pray we don't have a day where the cops don't shoot, and a terrorist blows himself up. I can hear the outpouring of condemnations towards law enforcement for not stopping him/her.
I hope I would never have to make that choice. But if it was him or me, You bet your ass I wouldn't think twice.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118375
07/26/05 03:21 PM
07/26/05 03:21 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I still have not heard any consistent accounting of what happened. There are all kinds of stories out there, and I dont know how anyone can state an opinion until we know the facts. Is there anyone who can say with certainty what the facts were here? And if so how is it the London cops were saying one day that the dead guy was "definitely connected" with the attacks when they had to know this was a fabrication.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118376
07/26/05 03:27 PM
07/26/05 03:27 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
I still have not heard any consistent accounting of what happened. There are all kinds of stories out there, and I dont know how anyone can state an opinion until we know the facts. Is there anyone who can say with certainty what the facts were here? And if so how is it the London cops were saying one day that the dead guy was "definitely connected" with the attacks when they had to know this was a fabrication.
Spoken like a true lawyer.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118377
07/26/05 06:01 PM
07/26/05 06:01 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Double-J
I'd shoot first, and ask questions later.
Why am I not surprised to hear that.

I do so like a reasoned, rational approach to counter-terrorism!

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118378
07/26/05 06:21 PM
07/26/05 06:21 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Fatherson
If I owned a store and a person came in with a large winter coat on in the middle of July with the temp hitting 90 plus, would I watch him as he when about my store. Damn Stright and I would watch to see if he was stealing too
Sure you'd watch him ... anyone would, it's only sensible. But would you shoot him? That's the point.

No-one's saying that the police shouldn't react at all to suspicious individuals, but only that they act proportionately and rationally. We need a policy of, and the means for, incapacitation and capture so that potential terrorists can be interrogated, yielding information. Wars are won by intelligence, not by tit-for-tat shootings.

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118379
07/26/05 06:33 PM
07/26/05 06:33 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
Sure you'd watch him ... anyone would, it's only sensible. But would you shoot him? That's the point.

No-one's saying that the police shouldn't react at all to suspicious individuals, but only that they act proportionately and rationally. We need a policy of, and the means for, incapacitation and capture so that potential terrorists can be interrogated, yielding information. Wars are won by intelligence, not by tit-for-tat shootings.
Yup, I would have shot him. If he came thru my check point, didn't stop and tried to avoid the checkpoint, when confronted he ran,with three other agents also on the move and then ran to a train which I know was the targets of Terrorists during a large volume time period with thousands of people. Yup, I admit I would have shot the poor bastard. Yes, right in the head where I know there would be no explosives to set off.

so I guess everyone better be careful, because I may just be one of those sick bastards with a gun, looking for scumbags. So if its 90 plus outside, you better leave your coat at home!

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118380
07/26/05 07:01 PM
07/26/05 07:01 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:

No-one's saying that the police shouldn't react at all to suspicious individuals, but only that they act proportionately and rationally. We need a policy of, and the means for, incapacitation and capture so that potential terrorists can be interrogated, yielding information.
Two days after major terrorist bombings, a man already under surveillance ignores police warnings to stop, and proceeds to dash towards a subway car, which is where one of the suicide bombings have occured.

Proportionally and rationally, what the hell is that supposed to mean? Should they have sat him down and invited him for tea? You talk about incapacitation, how do you know it would've worked, had he been a terrorist? What if he had detonated his payload?

You wanted the police to react in a situation that defied convention and rationality, where the split-second decision could've meant the death of a potential terrorist or the death of hundreds.

I want the members in this thread to explain to me what the police should've done when the man didn't stop running, went through thee subway checkpoints, and dove onto a subway car? What should they have done, proportionally and rationally?

Quote:
Wars are won by intelligence, not by tit-for-tat shootings.
Please, this isn't a vendetta killing. The London police didn't just round up some random man and killed him, they shot him because there was a legitimate chance he could've been a suicide bomber.

For that matter, incarceration is not good enough for these terrorists. I read an article the other day quoting one of the Guantanamo detainees who said that "as soon as he got out, I'd kill more Americans the first chance I could."

In fact, from the Washington Post:

Quote:
At least seven former prisoners of the United States at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have returned to terrorism, despite gaining their freedom by signing pledges to renounce violence.

One of the two former prisoners killed is Maulvi Abdul Ghaffar, a senior Taliban commander in northern Afghanistan who was arrested about two months after a U.S.-led coalition drove the militia from power in late 2001.

He was held at Guantanamo for eight months, then released, and was killed on Sept. 26 by Afghan security forces during a raid in Uruzgan province. Afghan leaders said they believed he was leading Taliban forces in the southern province.

Or from the AP...

Quote:
In the face of criticism of its prisoner policy, a senior official at the Pentagon in the past described the juveniles as enemy combatants who despite their age were "very, very dangerous people" who "have stated they have killed and will kill again."

But the Pentagon said on Thursday that senior officials had decided to free the three because they were no longer a seen as enemies in the U.S. "war on terror."
Is this how you win a war? :rolleyes:

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118381
07/27/05 07:04 AM
07/27/05 07:04 AM
S
Senza Mama Offline OP
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J: [quote].
Two days after major terrorist bombings, a man already under surveillance ignores police warnings to stop, and proceeds to dash towards a subway car, which is where one of the suicide bombings have occured.[/QB][/quote]It is interesting that the full facts of this case have yet to come out. As yet there has been no CCTV footage released of Mr de Menenzes running anywhere. But somethings are not in dispute. Mr de Menenzes was not under surveillance. It was not 90 degrees plus, remember this was before 10:00am in the morning. The victim was not wearing a heavy winter coat. He was wearing what is known here as a "puffa jacket". Though these are bulky they are in fact quite light. It would be unusual to wear one on a summer's day but his man was from Brazil. I well remember the looks I got walking around Barcelona in a T-shirt in February while the locals were overcoats and scarves. I thought it was quite warm. They thought it was freezing! He did not break through any checkpoint.

The police found an address in one of the unexploded bombs. When they arrived at this address they found that it was an apartment block with 9 apartments. They were searching one apartment when Mr de Menenzes emerged from an apartment above on his way to work. The police decided to follow him. That was the extent of the surveillance and intelligence.

Why did Mr de Menenzes run?? Well it's a bit hard to ask him now.

Of course the question nobody can answer is...why didn't they shoot him on the bus???

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118382
07/27/05 02:16 PM
07/27/05 02:16 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
The police have caught one of the terrorist that failed to blow up a bomb the other week! found him hiding in Birmingham, good news to say the least.

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118383
07/27/05 03:55 PM
07/27/05 03:55 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:

Of course the question nobody can answer is...why didn't they shoot him on the bus???
Did he run from the police and onto a bus? I swore it was a subway car..?

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118384
07/28/05 04:33 AM
07/28/05 04:33 AM
S
Senza Mama Offline OP
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[b]
Did he run from the police and onto a bus? I swore it was a subway car..? [/b][/quote]Yes he was shot on the Tube (Subway), but he had got to the Tube station by bus. My question is, given that there had been a bus blown up on 07/07 killing 13 and an failed attempt to blow up a bus the previous day, and given the police believed this man to be a suicide bomber, how could the police be sure he wasn't going to detonate the bomb on the bus? Maybe there is a straight forward answer to this.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118385
07/28/05 07:55 AM
07/28/05 07:55 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Just curious.

How forthcoming are the London police in these matters? Do they share their investigations with the media? I wonder if the U.S. new agencies or world agencies get a watered down version.

Just wondering.

What if you were deaf and your wife just sent you a text message to meet her at the hospital, she was in labor. You start running for the next train. You don't hear the police yelling at you to stop.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118386
07/28/05 09:36 AM
07/28/05 09:36 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
MaryCas,

The Police here are very measured about what they tell us - they do let us know what is going on, but only after a certain amount of time has passed and so as to not jeapodize the investigation. A fair amount of the info that we get in the media is from 'unconfirmed' sauces - and we normally hear a few different versions of the story before the truth comes out.

I think that the US news agencies sometimes give out more information than our own - for example, there were a number of photgraphs released yesterday from abc news that the UK networks bourght off them.

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118387
07/28/05 02:08 PM
07/28/05 02:08 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Just curious - what if a terrorist runs on a subway train, and the police don't stop him when they have the chance because they are afraid of political/legal repurcussions, and the terrorists detonates his bomb and kills 100's of people?

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118388
07/28/05 04:01 PM
07/28/05 04:01 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Quote:
Just curious - what if a terrorist runs on a subway train, and the police don't stop him when they have the chance because they are afraid of political/legal repurcussions, and the terrorists detonates his bomb and kills 100's of people?
Since it's a "terrorist" running on to the train, I'd say that the police didn't do a good job.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118389
07/28/05 04:03 PM
07/28/05 04:03 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
[b] Just curious - what if a terrorist runs on a subway train, and the police don't stop him when they have the chance because they are afraid of political/legal repurcussions, and the terrorists detonates his bomb and kills 100's of people?
Since it's a "terrorist" running on to the train, I'd say that the police didn't do a good job. [/b][/quote]Yeah and if he had room to run "on the train" then it wouldn't be rush hour, so he would not be much of a terrorist.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull