GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 300 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,161
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118210
07/07/05 06:53 PM
07/07/05 06:53 PM
North East England
Joolsie Cappucetti Offline
Made Member
Joolsie Cappucetti  Offline
Made Member
North East England
Tony, I hope you are okay. It must have been such a shock for you to be in London when this happened. I'm just glad you are safe and sound.

I am astounded. I cannot believe that Al Quaeda have flaunted their stupidity quite so spectacularly. I am struggling to realise that they have done this during the G8 summit - a meeting which addresses the injustices and inequalities of the world, and which calls on westerners to redistribute wealth to those dying of poverty. Al Quaeda's rationale for anti-american and anti-western feeling was always that capitalism is corrupt, our bank accounts come before our moral values, and that we are resisting the message of Islam.
How many Muslims have Al Quaeda massacred in the name of Islam?
How many people across the world gave their heart and soul to the Live 8 events, only to find the public feeling and media focus suddenly redirected (rightly so) onto London's suffering?
How much more progress could the G8 have made if they did not have to deal with the aftermath of this latest terrorism?

I could never, ever condone terrorism - however, until today I always thought that it was at least based upon some consistent complaint, however misguided. Now I see the horrifying truth, that this is all madness. Al Quaeda is mad, and vicious. And very very stupid.

Sorry for the rant everyone but it's the weirdest atmosphere over here at the moment. Glad to hear Turi, Capo and everyone are safe.

Senator, we are both part of the same hypocrisy
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118211
07/07/05 08:39 PM
07/07/05 08:39 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I am so sad at this,i have friends in london and have no way of reaching them as im 12,000 miles away ,i knew this was going to happen,it was just a matter of time.Luckerley my family 100 miles away.

I glad everybody else on the boards from london is OK

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118212
07/07/05 08:45 PM
07/07/05 08:45 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Joolsie Cappucetti:
Tony, I hope you are okay. It must have been such a shock for you to be in London when this happened. I'm just glad you are safe and sound.

I am astounded. I cannot believe that Al Quaeda have flaunted their stupidity quite so spectacularly. I am struggling to realise that they have done this during the G8 summit - a meeting which addresses the injustices and inequalities of the world, and which calls on westerners to redistribute wealth to those dying of poverty. Al Quaeda's rationale for anti-american and anti-western feeling was always that capitalism is corrupt, our bank accounts come before our moral values, and that we are resisting the message of Islam.
How many people across the world gave their heart and soul to the Live 8 events, only to find the public feeling and media focus suddenly redirected (rightly so) onto London's suffering?
How much more progress could the G8 have made if they did not have to deal with the aftermath of this latest terrorism?

I could never, ever condone terrorism - however, until today I always thought that it was at least based upon some consistent complaint, however misguided. Now I see the horrifying truth, that this is all madness. Al Quaeda is mad, and vicious. And very very stupid.

Sorry for the rant everyone but it's the weirdest atmosphere over here at the moment. Glad to hear Turi, Capo and everyone are safe.
Amen man. I dont want to start anything political here, but I completely agree, and I hope others around the world are as enlightened by this horrible day as you are.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118213
07/07/05 08:49 PM
07/07/05 08:49 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
[quote]Originally posted by Joolsie Cappucetti:
[b] Tony, I hope you are okay. It must have been such a shock for you to be in London when this happened. I'm just glad you are safe and sound.

Amen man. I dont want to start anything political here, but I completely agree, and I hope others around the world are as enlightened by this horrible day as you are. [/b][/quote]This is why we must continue the fight against terrorism. We have to hunt them down and bring them all to justice.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118214
07/07/05 09:58 PM
07/07/05 09:58 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I just received a call from Don Cardi, who is on a holiday with his family. He wanted to make sure our UK friends were ok, and asked that I posted for him, and let you all know that his thoughts and prayers are with you. Like everyone else, he was shocked and saddened by this tragedy. If anyone knows the full terror of this kind of thing, it's surely him.

I'm sure you'll be hearing from him soon.

TIS

Btw, have all of the UKers been accounted for here on the BB?????

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118215
07/07/05 10:25 PM
07/07/05 10:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Sad day for our British members here at BB.NET. The only thing I can say in comfort is that I'm glad London didn't suffer as much damage, in terms of structurally and in bodies, as did NYC and D.C. back in 2001.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118216
07/08/05 12:28 AM
07/08/05 12:28 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Comparison of 9/11, London Attacks

A comparison of the timelines for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in New York and Washington, and Thursday's bombings in London. Times listed are local; London is five hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time.

Sept. 11, 2001

8:46 a.m. — Flight 11 hits the World Trade Center's north tower.

9:03 a.m. — Flight 175 crashes into the south tower of the World Trade Center.

9:37 a.m. — Flight 77 hits the Pentagon.

10:03 a.m. — United 93 crashes in Pennsylvania, 125 miles from Washington.

July 7, 2005

8:51 a.m. — London Underground train explodes 100 yards into a tunnel near the financial district.

8:56 a.m. — Explosion near the King's Cross station in north London.

9:17 a.m. — Explosion near Edgware Road station.

9:47 a.m. — Double-decker bus explodes near Tavistock Square.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118217
07/08/05 01:31 AM
07/08/05 01:31 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
God bless all the victims, and the families of the victims of this cowardly attack.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118218
07/08/05 02:46 AM
07/08/05 02:46 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Hopefully some "law abiding citizens" in Italy will prevent anything from happening there.
I don't understand what you mean. Would you please explain it to me?

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118219
07/08/05 02:53 AM
07/08/05 02:53 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
[b]Comparison of 9/11, London Attacks [/b]
Sorry, but.... point being? What, they were both in the morning? :p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118220
07/08/05 03:13 AM
07/08/05 03:13 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
My prayers are with the good people of the UK for a swift recovery in body, mind and spirit. Thanks to our UK paisani for checking in.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118221
07/08/05 06:32 AM
07/08/05 06:32 AM
Oslo, Norway
Al.Neri Offline
Made Member
Al.Neri  Offline
Made Member
Oslo, Norway
I really hope this incident won't affect the great job G8 (hopefully) will do for Africa and poverty in general. Please don't let the fear of terrorism ruin our lifes.

Do you know who I am? I'm Moe Greene! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders!
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118222
07/08/05 05:18 PM
07/08/05 05:18 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I learned today someone asked Rudy Giuliani what was the best way to deal with the aftermath of the 9/11 conflicts and he basically said to return to normality ASAP. Well that is what London has been doing today giving a big FUCK YOU to terrorism. Whilst everything can't be back to normal just by the tapping of shoes Londoners are sure as hell trying their best.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118223
07/08/05 05:33 PM
07/08/05 05:33 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I guess this is putting the term, "The British stiff upper lip" to good use. Way to go I say. Someone on one of the cable newscasters had a headline something to the fact, "Is this the best you could do? We are not impressed." Not to belittle or diminish the severity of it. But just to stress that Britain has been through so much, be it with the IRA, that they've survived, and they will survive this too.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118224
07/08/05 05:46 PM
07/08/05 05:46 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
I guess this is putting the term, "The British stiff upper lip" to good use. Way to go I say. Someone on one of the cable newscasters had a headline something to the fact, "Is this the best you could do? We are not impressed." Not to belittle or diminish the severity of it. But just to stress that Britain has been through so much, be it with the IRA, that they've survived, and they will survive this too.
Yeah you're right Beth. I don't even like London but if I get reason to go any time soon I'll be there.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118225
07/08/05 05:51 PM
07/08/05 05:51 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
It will take more than some terrorist low lifes to break London/the UK/ the States/ the Free World!
We will not be beaten by these "people"..
I have friends & family in London & thankfully everyone is OK!
My thoughts are with those who have lost loved ones..& those who have been hurt!
God Bless them all!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118226
07/08/05 09:10 PM
07/08/05 09:10 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I heard that some people were still trapped underground. Have they gotten out yet!?

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118227
07/09/05 04:22 PM
07/09/05 04:22 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
This just came across on MSNBC website. I sure hope it turns out to be a false alarm.

web page

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118228
07/09/05 05:43 PM
07/09/05 05:43 PM
Virginia Beach
Don of Dons Offline
Wiseguy
Don of Dons  Offline
Wiseguy
Virginia Beach
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by Don of Dons:
[b] served my time in iraq a few monthes ago for a year.
Thank you [/b][/quote]whenever someone says that, i never know quite how to respond. but your welcome. all i do is what im told.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118229
07/09/05 05:44 PM
07/09/05 05:44 PM
Virginia Beach
Don of Dons Offline
Wiseguy
Don of Dons  Offline
Wiseguy
Virginia Beach
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[b] sure am, posted in germany now, served my time in iraq a few monthes ago for a year.
God bless (and welcome to the boards). [/b][/quote]thankyou very much. its about time I found a group of people that have such a love for the godfather, and/or other mafia related medias.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118230
07/09/05 05:46 PM
07/09/05 05:46 PM
Virginia Beach
Don of Dons Offline
Wiseguy
Don of Dons  Offline
Wiseguy
Virginia Beach
Quote:
Originally posted by Aziatic:
[b]served my time in iraq a few monthes ago for a year.
In which city? Around Bagdad? [/b][/quote]yes sorta, north of baghdad actually. I was in baqubah, then in november of 04 we were in fallujah.

but baqubah is about 30k north of baghad, in the sunni triangle

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118231
07/09/05 11:55 PM
07/09/05 11:55 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I just received a call from Don Cardi, who is on a holiday with his family. He wanted to make sure our UK friends were ok, and asked that I posted for him, and let you all know that his thoughts and prayers are with you. Like everyone else, he was shocked and saddened by this tragedy. If anyone knows the full terror of this kind of thing, it's surely him.

I'm sure you'll be hearing from him soon.

TIS

Btw, have all of the UKers been accounted for here on the BB?????
Thank you for making the post for me TIS.

I just got home this evening and I am really glad to see that our U.K. Friends are all ok! I was really worried about the great members from this board that live in the U.K.

May GOD bless you all and protect you all from any more of these horrendous attacks. My heart goes out to you all.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118232
07/11/05 05:18 AM
07/11/05 05:18 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Bella Mafia - You still online with us? Have you been able to get in touch with your family?
Sorry for not replying sooner, they let us leave work early and I ended up walking a few miles accross London to a safe point where my dad picked me up in his car. We then had to wait a while until we could get a signal on our mobiles before I could reach my fiancé, then we ended up driving back into the centre to pick him up.

I managed to check that all other friends/family were ok, fortunately no-one I know seems to have been hurt.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones, and to those who are facing an agonising wait until the bodies can be identified.

Yesterday we had a ceremony to mark 60 years since WW2 ended, and I think that was very fitting - we didn't back down then and we won't now. Its Monday morning now and everyone is back at work, it'll take more than a bunch of fanatical religious halfwits to bring this country down.

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118233
07/11/05 08:48 AM
07/11/05 08:48 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Mafia UK:
it'll take more than a bunch of fanatical religious halfwits to bring this country down.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118234
07/12/05 12:48 PM
07/12/05 12:48 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
From CNN.com

LONDON, England -- British police said on Tuesday they believed it was "very likely" that at least one of the bombers responsible for last week's terrorist attacks in London died in the explosion near Aldgate station.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke, head of the Anti-Terrorist Branch, told a news conference officers were trying to establish whether four men suspected of carrying out the bombings had all been killed.

One man has been arrested and six arrest warrants issued following a series of raids around Leeds in West Yorkshire, 310 kilometers (190 miles) north of London, in connection with the investigation, Clarke said.

Police had forensic evidence linking the four men -- three from West Yorkshire -- to the scenes of all four of last Thursday's bomb blasts on the underground and bus networks, he added.

One of the men from West Yorkshire had been reported missing by his family. Property belonging to him had been found at the site of the Tavistock Square bus blast.

Clarke said that all four had arrived in London by train at King's Cross station on the morning of the attacks.

British army bomb disposal experts earlier carried out a controlled explosion to gain access to a house in the Hyde Park area of the city.

Hundreds of residents from surrounding streets had to be evacuated as armed police took up position outside the house.

Police also raided five other houses in the Leeds area and closed Luton railway station to recover a vehicle suspected of being involved in the attacks.

West Yorkshire Police said that Metropolitan Police detectives backed by local officers had mounted a "pre-planned, intelligence-led operation."

Clark confirmed that material had been seized and that measures had been taken to prevent any danger to the public.

Meanwhile Bedfordshire police said they had closed Luton railway station, 50 kilometers (30 miles) north of London, to recover a car suspected of being involved in the attacks.

"Police believe the vehicle may be connected to the terrorist attacks in London on July 7 and will be examined in the car park for safety reasons before being taken away to a secure location," police said in a statement.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair told BBC radio the raids were "directly connected" with Thursday's bomb blasts which killed at least 52 people.

He told BBC radio: "There have been a series of searches carried out in Yorkshire. Those searches are still going on. There's very little else I can say at the moment, but this activity is directly connected to the outrages on Thursday."

Tuesday's raids were the first reported operation in a crime investigation described by British Prime Minister Tony Blair as "among the most vigorous and intense that this country has ever seen."

"We will pursue those responsible -- not just the perpetrators, but the planners of this outrage, wherever they are. And we will not rest until they are identified and, as far as humanly possible, brought to justice," Blair told the House of Commons on Monday.

Blair and other relevant ministers were being kept informed of Tuesday's operation, the Prime Minister's official spokesman told PA.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118235
07/12/05 12:59 PM
07/12/05 12:59 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
From [b]CNN.com

LONDON, England -- British police said on Tuesday they believed it was "very likely" that at least one of the bombers responsible for last week's terrorist attacks in London died in the explosion near Aldgate station.

[/b]

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118236
07/12/05 09:38 PM
07/12/05 09:38 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
Hey, sorry for not replying earlier, i'm fine, it's all very sad indeed, hearing stories of the poor people who luckily survived on the tubes and the bus and seeing people looking for their loved one's who could be alive

hopefully we'll fully recover from this and tighten up, show these arseholes that they aren't gonna win.

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Re: "Major Incident" in London #118237
07/12/05 10:11 PM
07/12/05 10:11 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface.1:
hopefully we'll fully recover from this and tighten up, show these arseholes that they aren't gonna win.
You all will go on with your lives, no question about it! It's what you HAVE to do. You'll never forget it, but you will go on. That is one of the ways to defeat terror. It's a damn shame that others around the world don't "get it" the way that Bush and Blair do when it comes to fighting terroists and terrorism.

These bastards must be destroyed, no matter what the cost. And thankfully people like Bush and Blair understand this. Thankfully Bush and Blair are concerned about the future of our children and grandchildren when it comes to terrorism and tyranny! Because if we do not fight terrorists and countries that harbor, support or practice tyranny, then these motherF**kers will keep on bombing and killing people around the world.

Bottm line is that they are out to destroy the "infidels" :rolleyes: , and the hate that they harbor is just plain evil. Think about it, here are people, supposedly human, who teach their own children to hate and kill other human beings. This is exactly why democracizing the middle eastern area of the world is extremely important in this war on terror. If the good people of that region of the world are made to see that they do have the right and the opportunity to live freely, hopefully they will realize that the hate that their dictators and religious fantatics have displayed to them as a normal way of life is really not the way life should be. Yes, I will say it again and again, when it comes to understanding what has to be done to stop this insanity and save the future for our children, Bush and Blair are definately the right men for the job.

I am glad to hear that you are ok. It still breaks my heart and at the same time angers me when I see those images of how your great country was blindsided and attacked. Think about it: Two great nations that try to spread freedom and democracy, both sneakily attacked by those who despise freedom and democracy!

Sneaky, coward scumbag terrorists! I would give anything to have a face to face fist fight with just one of them. But it would never happen, because they are not brave enough to go face to face!

May your country and mine always stand side by side in both defending and spreading democracy around the world!

Here is a link to a timeline of plots and attacks carried out by Al Quaida:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4677978/

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118238
07/13/05 01:19 PM
07/13/05 01:19 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
These bastards must be destroyed, no matter what the cost. And thankfully people like Bush and Blair understand this. Bottm line is that they are out to destroy the "infidels" :rolleyes: , and the hate that they harbor is just plain evil. Think about it, here are people, supposedly human, who teach their own children to hate and kill other human beings. This is exactly why democracizing the middle eastern area of the world is extremely important in this war on terror.
I understand where you are coming from and as this war continues to go on I am starting to agree with you that these terrorists need to be taken out, but my question is, how do you do it? Sure, you can take out all the head men right now but what about the next generation? As you've described these a$$holes teach their children their own hate and beliefs. This is a religion to these people and a religion is one of the hardest things to probably change about a person. The scary thing about this war is that for every 1 terrorist you capture or kill, another 1 will just take his place because he or she was brought up to believe that what they are doing is "right." Do you see where I'm coming from? It's a vicious cycle that I don't know has an end to it

Re: "Major Incident" in London #118239
07/13/05 01:37 PM
07/13/05 01:37 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
The answer that you are looking for is right in the post that I made which you quoted.

I believe that one of the most strategic moves that could be made in this fight on the war on terror is to try and educate and democratize the people of that region so that as time goes on and new generations are born they will KNOW that the way of of life is not to hate and kill.

Yes, this is a tough war and a diffucult one to one for the reasons that you have brought up, but it is not impossible and the one thing that we must remain steadfast in is the democratization and education of the Iraqi people.

WHEN we are successful there I believe that the good people of the same cutures and in the surrounding areas of that region will begin to thirst for the same freedoms and see that terrorism is NOT a religious way of life as they have been taught throughout the years.

The alliance MUST stay the course.

And as you've said yourself, catching the leaders will not stop terrorism. That is why I get so disgusted when I hear the critics say that "we haven't caught Bin Laden but we are in Iraq." Believe me, I would love for us to catch Bin Laden and have him brought to justice. But if anyone believes that catching Bin Laden will win the war on terror, then they are thinking very foolishly.

Catching these terrorists is very important. But educating and democracizing the people of that region is just as important and may be even more important in our fight to defeat terrorism and fanatacism.

"If there must be trouble then let it be in my day, so that my children shall know peace." - Thomas Paine

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull