GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 75 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,396
Posts1,060,113
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who Do They Really Represent?? #15983
07/05/04 05:13 PM
07/05/04 05:13 PM
Sicily, NYC
Santino Felice Offline OP
Made Member
Santino Felice  Offline OP
Made Member
Sicily, NYC
Even though the Godfather had its own story...chatacters in the godfather show alot of resemblance of real life mobster.

1. Corleone Family - Gambino Family
2. Moe Green - Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel
3. Hyman Roth - Meyer Lansky

This always fascinated me (of course to post for this you must know your real mobsters).

If you think other characters represent real life mobsters...PLEASE POST! confused confused

"Well you just do what I tell you to do! Goddamn it! If I had a wartime consiglieri -- a
Sicilian -- I wouldn't be in this shape! Pop had Genco -- look what I got." - Sonny Corleone
Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15984
07/05/04 05:29 PM
07/05/04 05:29 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline
Underboss
USA
luca brasi- willie moretti

micheal corleone- bill bonanno

vito corleone- frank costello

rosatto bros.- gallo bros.

joey zaso- john gotti

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15985
07/05/04 06:08 PM
07/05/04 06:08 PM
London,UK
kasanova Offline
Made Member
kasanova  Offline
Made Member
London,UK
Of course, Johhny Fontaine clearly resembling Frank Sinatra

Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15986
07/05/04 06:30 PM
07/05/04 06:30 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Santino, this question has been asked many times. Mario Puzo said that he drew on only two scenes from his own experience in writing “The Godfather”: guns being passed between apartment windows, and a widow evicted because of a dog. But many of the characters in both the book and the Trilogy are drawn from real life:

Close fit: Johnny Fontane = Frank Sinatra;
Hyman Roth = Meyer Lansky; Moe Green = Bugsy Siegel: Johnny Ola = Vincent (Jimmy Blue Eyes) Alo; Joey Zasa = Joe Columbo/John Gotti; Rosato Brothers = Gallo Brothers.
Stretch fit:Vito Corleone = Frank Costello; Emilio Barzini = Vito Genovese; Frankie Pentangeli = Joe Magliocco; Peter Clemenza = Frank Labruzzo (Bonanno Family); Sal Tessio = Gaspar DiGregorio (Bonanno Family); Fredo Corleone = Thomas Gambino; Luca Brasi = Willie Moretti.
No fit: Michael Corleone, Tom Hagen.
Hope this helps.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15987
07/05/04 08:15 PM
07/05/04 08:15 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Originally posted by kasanova:
Of course, Johhny Fontaine clearly resembling Frank Sinatra
Resembles??

-Italian singer

-Skinny

-Girls screaming over

-Getting in a war picture

-Used to work for a band leader

-Connected to the mob

-Scar on face

With this factors its better then a DNA. On this side of the pond we would use the term "He's a dead ringer for Sinatra" grin lol

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15988
07/05/04 08:52 PM
07/05/04 08:52 PM
Sicily, NYC
Made Member
Made Member
Sicily, NYC
Thanks Turnbull helped alot. Was Lucky Luciano resembled by anyone?

"Well you just do what I tell you to do! Goddamn it! If I had a wartime consiglieri -- a
Sicilian -- I wouldn't be in this shape! Pop had Genco -- look what I got." - Sonny Corleone
Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15989
07/05/04 10:19 PM
07/05/04 10:19 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Turnbull,

I believe that Vito Corleone was a composition of several mob leaders. Genovese, Profaci, Bonnano, etc. I remember reading somewhere that when Puzo wrote the character of Vito, he took different aspects from these Mob Leaders, ie : Mutiple Son's, Olive Oil Business, A grand Wedding Party, A quiet and humble Don, etc., and molded them into one character : Vito Corleone. Do you recall reading or hearing that Puzo made Vito from all these different characteristics from these several mob bosses?

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15990
07/06/04 12:51 AM
07/06/04 12:51 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Don Cardi, I don't recall reading that Puzo deliberately intended Vito Corleone to be a composite, but he certainly was. Vito was the biggest olive oil importer in America (like Joe Profaci); had a son that he was bringing along in the business (like Joe Bonanno); on his way up assassinated an old-time boss (in a restaurant) who had been supported by Al Capone (like Salvatore Maranzano); was never jailed (like Carlo Gambino), and (Santo Felice, please note:) was tight with a Jewish partner (like Charlie Luciano). I said he was a "loose fit" for Frank Costello simply because he had more of Costello in him than the others--rejected drugs, had gambling and unions as his rackets, was the most politically powerful Don in his era, retired after being shot.

Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15991
07/06/04 11:58 AM
07/06/04 11:58 AM
Sicily, NYC
Made Member
Made Member
Sicily, NYC
I agree with everything except for the jewish partner, i believe in the movie his jewish partner which was Hyman Roth represented Meyer, because wasnt Lucky italian??

Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15992
07/06/04 08:31 PM
07/06/04 08:31 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Both Charlie Luciano and Meyer Lansky grew up on the Lower East Side of NYC. Luciano ran a gang of Italian kids who preyed on others. One day they accosted Meyer Lansky, who was four years younger than Luciano, and demanded money. "Go f*** yourself," replied young Meyer. From that day forward, they were pals.
Later, both Luciano and Lansky were proteges of the famous Arnold Rothstein, "king of the gamblers," the biggest gangster in NY in the Twenties. So was Frank Costello, who became Lansky's closest ally later on. When Luciano needed a hit squad to assassinate his boss, Joe Masseria, he called on Lansky to organize it; and he called on Lansky again to organize the hit squad that murdered Salvatore Maranzano. With the "Moustache Petes" out of the way, Luciano formed "The Commission," and he invited Lansky to sit with them as a de facto consigliere. Lansky later brokered the deal between Luciano and the US Government in which Luciano's 35-year sentence for white slavery was commuted to exile in Italy.

Re: Who Do They Really Represent?? #15993
07/06/04 08:43 PM
07/06/04 08:43 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Santino Felice:
I agree with everything except for the jewish partner, i believe in the movie his jewish partner which was Hyman Roth represented Meyer, because wasnt Lucky italian??
Santino,
You misinterperted Turnbull's comparison. He was NOT saying that Luciano was Jewish, what he was saying was that LIKE Luciano having a Jewish partner in Lansky, Corleone had a Jewish partner in Roth. Therefore he was comparing Corleone to Luciano.

An interesting footnote to Turnbull's ("OUR MOB HISTORIAN ") post : The way that Lansky brokered the deal for Luciano's release from prison to his exile to Italy was that the U.S. Government needed help in wartime with "security" at the U.S. ports which were run by The Mob, and they also needed help when they landed troops inside of Italy. So being the genius that Lansky was, he made a deal with the governement offering his associates help in these areas in return for the release of Luciano, hence eventually agreeing on Luciano being exiled to Italy.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull