GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chin_gigante), 291 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,597
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Religion #111719
05/19/05 08:01 PM
05/19/05 08:01 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Well, what did you expect?
We cant have tons of Political topics and not a single one about religion.....
Its like Salt without Pepper!

Personally Im not a believer, nor do I believe theres anything after death, but how about you:

1) Do you believe in Heaven/ Hell ? What do you think happens when we die?

2) Is there a 'next world' for animals as well? say Dogs for example..

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: Religion #111720
05/19/05 09:16 PM
05/19/05 09:16 PM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
I dont follow any religion in particular even if I was raised like catholic,I tend to think in myself like an eternal seeker. I dont know if a heaven/hell exist for real, I think its here in earth, in life, our life can have both of them, I tend to belive more in karma type of philosophy, I guess we come here for learn, sometimes our lessons are more tough than others people, well not all the students are the same and I do belive our actions have consequences. About animals, I hope they have some place to go, b/c I really love my dogs and animals in general. Like I said in my previous setences, I`m an eternal seeker, Im not even sure if a god exist or not, sometimes, I want to belive and the other half I see the world is full of shit and I think why if a god exist let this happend to that poor people, I only know, I wanna know, so thats show me, I´m nothing in this huge world full of people even if sometimes we tend to think we are the masters of our existence I`m not so sure anymore.

Angie.

" What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"

" Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people and I
Want to see life"- there is a light that never goes out by The smiths.
Re: Religion #111721
05/19/05 09:28 PM
05/19/05 09:28 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
IMHO I think that when it comes to discussing one's religious beliefs, it is like walking a very thin line. Personally I think that this is one subject that should not be debated. Everyone has different religious beliefs and therefore someone may offend someone else by saying the wrong thing about what another's religious belief is. When people debate politics, movies, etc., for the most part they are debating an issue that they may not really take to heart. Heck, how many times during political debates do some of us get really pissed off and the debate turns into a flame war! And that's just a political belief! So imagine debating a religious belief, something that a person was brought up on and belives in with all their heart and soul? Nah, no offense Fame, but I'm not touching this one. I just have too much respect for people's persoanl religious beliefs and I do not feel that ANYONE should ever tell another what they should and should not believe in as far as thier spirtitual beliefs go! Not telling anyone else here not to post, for that is not my right, and it is your freedom to post what you want, but I am speaking for me, personally.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Religion #111722
05/19/05 10:08 PM
05/19/05 10:08 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Nobody should tell anyone what to believe or not to believe, this thread is to read different opinions about the issue above - you just say what you think about it, youre not telling others what to think.

And why should anyone fight in this forum anyway? We are all Godfather fans - we should know something about Honor and Respect, the name of the family stays clean!

And DC...offended by you?Jou kiddin me or what?
You are a GREAT man, Don Cardi, and you always mean well!

Rock On!

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: Religion #111723
05/19/05 10:14 PM
05/19/05 10:14 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Fame:
And why should anyone fight in this forum anyway? We are all Godfather fans - we should know something about Honor and Respect, the name of the family stays clean!

Your a good man Fame! You are right, there is no reason for anyone on here ever to fight. But unfortunately sometimes we all do. You and I both know that someone will say something stupid about another religion and I am afraid that all hell will break loose. So with all due respect, and in hopes of not offending you, I'm gonna abstain from this one.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Religion #111724
05/19/05 10:41 PM
05/19/05 10:41 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
The only thing I will say about this subject is:

yes there is a heaven and a hell. If we have done what God has expected of us according to his word(bible) then we will go to heaven. If not then we are bound for the torment of hell.

This is just my personal beliefs. I will not shove my views down anybodys throats.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Religion #111725
05/20/05 12:21 AM
05/20/05 12:21 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I am a Christian. I'm not any specific Protestant religion, just Christian. I believe in God, and I believe Jesus Christ is our Savior. I've read the Bible, I try to apply some of its lessons to my everyday life. But, being a Christian, I'm definitely not a Bible thumper. If someone who is un-religious is having a tough time in life, I'll recommend prayer, but I'll recommend it with the reasoning that it helps me. I try not to judge people, because in my faith, there is one judge, one jury, and He is the Lord. Who the hell am I to judge anybody. Those who don't believe, its not my concern. Those who do, its not my concern either. I don't look down on those who have no faith, who have no religion. I believe religion is one of many choices that an individual has to make on his or her own. I choose to believe.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Religion #111726
05/20/05 01:42 AM
05/20/05 01:42 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
No religion here.

Heaven and Hell don't exist.

You just rot in the ground.

Just my beliefs, don't agree? That's fine by me.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Religion #111727
05/20/05 01:44 AM
05/20/05 01:44 AM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I believe in God and that Jesus was his son.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Religion #111728
05/20/05 02:37 AM
05/20/05 02:37 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I'm gonna sustain from this one.
You're gonna keep it going, huh? I see how it is.... :p

Next time, perhaps abstain from it...

Fame - Topics like this are almost destined to be closed. It's been discussed before, many times. But I see what you mean, and perhaps this will be the exception. But I doubt it....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Religion #111729
05/20/05 07:52 AM
05/20/05 07:52 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]I'm gonna sustain from this one.
You're gonna keep it going, huh? I see how it is.... :p

Next time, perhaps abstain from it...

[/b][/quote]If I ABstain, then I cannot jump back in if it turns into a war of words! If I SUstain, then I leave the door open for myself to get right back in! :p

Actually I thank you for pointing out my typo. That is why you are The Don!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Religion #111730
05/20/05 07:54 AM
05/20/05 07:54 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
This is a topic that EVERYONE has an opinion about. There's no right or wrong answers but there will be a lot of contrasting opinions.

Me, I'm a non believer. I think our lives have as much significance as the bit of bacteria growing in my coffee mug, the ants in my garden and the endless cows slaughtered for us to eat. I don't think just because we are intelligent enough to think about the afterlife that there is one.

I like to think the whole universe is like a blood vessel to some other larger universe. Maybe a living being and our lives and universe is highly irrelevent to the whole scheme of things.

But I'm a complete idiot. What do I know.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Religion #111731
05/20/05 07:56 AM
05/20/05 07:56 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
No religion here.

Heaven and Hell don't exist.

You just rot in the ground.

Just my beliefs, don't agree? That's fine by me.

The Doc
Here,Here totally agree,The only religion i have is Football(soccer) and Music and Films

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Religion #111732
05/20/05 09:16 AM
05/20/05 09:16 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
I've definelty explored all types of religion and I do believe in Heaven and Hell. Of course I also believe there is alot more to it than we will know in our lifetimes. I truly admire individuals with a strong sense of Faith and I hope I can reach the point someday where possesions and security mean less to me than non-worldly things. I consider myself to be a Christian.

Then again, like Turi said: "But I'm a complete idiot. What do I know."

Re: Religion #111733
05/20/05 06:37 PM
05/20/05 06:37 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Y'all probably won't believe this -- seeing as how "fleshly" I am -- but

(1) Yes. Heaven or Hell. and

(2) I think animals will definitely be a part of the New Earth (in Eternity Future). "Heaven" won't be our ultimate final home, if you believe the Bible: the New Earth will be. And there are plenty of references in the Good Book that speak of animals in the new earthly kingdom (e.g., "the lion shall lay down with the lamb," "the beast from the wild shall be led by a child," etc.). Now, on the issues of whether or not our dead pets and the like will be there, the Bible is silent.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Religion #111734
05/20/05 11:01 PM
05/20/05 11:01 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Good topic.

I believe that Jesus Christ is our savior. I pray a lot. It gives me hope. I love going in my room and closeing the door and just talking to God. I love it! I feel at peace with myself when I'am doing it. I also pray to the Virgin Mary a lot. Jesus cannot say no to his mother so you have to pray to her for help. Just like the story about the wedding at Cana. The wedding was going good but then they ran out of wine. Jesus was not yet ready to show his powers, but Mary went to him and asked him to help. Jesus could not refuse her because he loved her so much so he turned water into wine for the guests at the wedding. Just because his mother asked him. So you have to pray to her and she will ask her son to grant your request.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Religion #111735
05/20/05 11:14 PM
05/20/05 11:14 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
While we're on the topic:

1) No, I don't believe in Heaven and Hell

2) I think instead of our "souls" actually going to a location (i.e. Heaven or Hell), I think we have a feeling wash over us. We are no longer living but I think there is a sweet serenity that washes over our "souls" and bodies. I don't know how to describe it, so I won't.

P.S. Nice post, Don Smitty. Though we may not necessarily agree, you've presented your message clearly and respectably.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Religion #111736
05/20/05 11:17 PM
05/20/05 11:17 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Before he died Albert Einstein was trying to prove that there was life after death. I wonder how do you prove something like that?

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

Re: Religion #111737
05/21/05 01:29 AM
05/21/05 01:29 AM
Texas
R
Robert DeNiro Offline
Button
Robert DeNiro  Offline
R
Button
Texas
I believe we are all destined to hop on a comet that will pass the earth by in about 7 years. In order to get on this comet, we will all need to lock ourselves into a compound, wear all white dressing, nike shoes, and consume poison to kill ourselves. Thats the only way we can make it onto the comet that will take us to heaven.

If you are interested in this school of thought, please post an email address and I'll tell you more

Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you, but dont ever take sides with anyone against the family again
Re: Religion #111738
05/21/05 02:18 AM
05/21/05 02:18 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I have no beliefs one way or the other when it comes to heaven/hell. Now others do and that's fine by me, but the one thing I hate is when people try and force their religious beliefs on others.

That almost happened to me once. My cousins first husband was born again, and he started talking about religion to me. And my cousin spoke up and told her husband don't even go there. Or you'll make him(referring to me) extremely mad.

All my uncles/aunts/cousins are pretty much religious they all attend church every sunday. But one thing that I respect about them is they respect my personal views about that. Case in point awhile back after a Saturday night concert I stayed over at an uncles place. That Sunday they all got ready to attend church. My uncle came down and told me where they were going, and that they did not expect me to go with them.

Heck I refuse to attend funerals/weddings because they both involve church.

Now if anything I said offended anyone here then please accept my apologies in advance.

Re: Religion #111739
05/21/05 06:20 AM
05/21/05 06:20 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
I have no beliefs one way or the other when it comes to heaven/hell. Now others do and that's fine by me, but the one thing I hate is when people try and force their religious beliefs on others...Now if anything I said offended anyone here then please accept my apologies in advance.
No apologies are necessary here, Ice! As Geoff says under this categorey, if folks don't like the topic or particular members, they can ignore them. I just wanted to respond mainly to your first statement. As I said, as carnal as I am, I'm no one to preach. But what you have to understand about Christians in particular, is that they do have a mandate to spread the Gospel. In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus Himself made that clear.

I'm guessing your thoughts on that are probably a lot like mine: It's not the fact that people share their faith, but rather, how they share it. Far too many believers have a self-righteous, holier-than-thou approach and basically beat others over the head with the Bible. Truth be told, that's what turned me OFF from Christianity for years...that, and hypocrisy. Of course, by certain believers, I myself would be judged a hypocrite. I mean, hey, look at my avatar! And I know folks have seen how racy I can get in my posts. (There's even a poll on who's nastier, me or Part! ) But these are precisely the self-righteous type of believers to which I'm referring. What they fail to grasp is that Christ didn't come to convert "righteous" people; He came to transform sinners, and I certainly qualify! The holier-than-thou crowd neglects the grace of God in their techniques and in their lives. They forget that they, too, were just as vile and filthy in God's eyes as the worst sinner you can dream up, I don't care how "goody-goody" they were/are.

That's not to say that once converted, we're free to sin all we want. I readily confess that I'm not up-to-par on the moral level as I should be. But the difference is, the self-righteous won't admit their flaws. Jesus didn't condemn people who cursed (He hung out with Peter, who had a sailor's mouth on him!), or prostitues, or drunkards, or even homosexuals. Now, He didn't condone their behavior either. But my point is, what He did rail against and the sin that riled Him up more than any other was self-righteousness. The 4 Gospels are full of examples.

I guess what I'm saying, Ice, is that while you may not agree with what Christians believe and don't like them speaking out about their faith, try to understand that they believe they have a mandate to share it. Now, if one gets in your face and bashes you over the head with the Bible, you have my permission to kick his ass...In fact, I'd probably help you!

Re: Religion #111740
05/21/05 07:24 AM
05/21/05 07:24 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Nice post Snake!

Here goes what I think about the original question:
1- Yes, I believe there is Heaven and Hell.
2- There might be animals there but not necessarily our pets, but I'm not sure.

Just to give you my reasoning without getting into any specific religion, I think Heaven and Hell only means to those who have spirit and are able to make a choice, which is only human.

Have you ever seen a wolf blaming himself for slaughtering sheeps which he even didn't wanted to eat? I've not seen one with conscience which I read as spirit. Conscience always judges us inside, blames us and drives us insane when we do wrong.

There is no such a thing for animals, they go by their instincts. Scorpion stings, that's in him, there is no punishment for him doing what he does nor there is a reward if he doesn't. But we have this prophet inside and we know very well what's right and what's wrong so there is Heaven and Hell for us. It can be just inside like a spiritual punishment/serenity or some other form we still don't know and we would find out after death.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Religion #111741
05/21/05 09:00 AM
05/21/05 09:00 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
I forgot to answer the second part. Yes, I believe animals go to Heaven. More specifically I believe All Dogs Go To Heaven Animals never committed original sin, therefore their is no need for them to be baptist/christenend/etc. I figure if my dog doesn't make it in to Heaven, then I've got no shot at all.

Re: Religion #111742
05/21/05 09:44 AM
05/21/05 09:44 AM
NJ transplant in Wisconsin
Johnny Stiltz Offline
Made Member
Johnny Stiltz  Offline
Made Member
NJ transplant in Wisconsin
1 There is a heaven and a hell -You go to heaven by having an active relationship with Jesus Christ -if you dont have this you are going to the other place

2 i think there are animals in heaven BUT i dont know if they ALL will

as a Christian we are to OPEN the Bible and show people JESUS and the way to HIM not CLOSE the bible and beat them on the head til they think our way !!!!

Johnny Stiltz
"Take the gun leave the canolis with me "
Re: Religion #111743
05/21/05 10:14 AM
05/21/05 10:14 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
Animals never committed original sin...
Then how did they end up on Earth?! (j/k)

Re: Religion #111744
05/21/05 10:16 AM
05/21/05 10:16 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
[quote]Originally posted by Krlea:
[b]Animals never committed original sin...
Then how did they end up on Earth?! (j/k) [/b][/quote]If u believe the word of the Bible, God tells Adam that animals were put on the earth to serve men.

DS

Re: Religion #111745
05/21/05 10:21 AM
05/21/05 10:21 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Well, if you noticed; that was a joke. j/k=Just Kidding.

Re: Religion #111746
05/21/05 10:44 AM
05/21/05 10:44 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Focus, D.S., focus !

Re: Religion #111747
05/21/05 05:23 PM
05/21/05 05:23 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Yeah, it'll be closed because people take extremes to extremes. I'm very extreme in my atheism, but would never judge a believer in an overly biased way because of it. Others, alas, are not like this, and feel that they're opinion is fact. Wrong.

What do I believe?

That religion is a substitution for truth. To live by religion is to live in falseness, in utter falsity. Worshipping powers too intangible to be questioned, touched, felt. I appreciate it can help people through bad times, but if people can't get through bad times in an honest and truthful way, then religion is in a sense the cause of the world's endless unsocialness, unequal distribution of wealth, war, suffering, and religion also plays upon people's fears.

I can't help but laugh at people who take the Bible literally. Noah's Ark, for example: who on God's fine green heavenly Earth would have travelled to the Arctic to invite Peter the Polar Bear and his wife along to the trip? Who would have gone to the African Plains to fetch Larry the Lion and his fiancée? The Bible is fiction which contradicts itself time and time again. The reason why Christianity has two sides of the divide: Catholicism, Protestantism.

Either way, I despise religion for what it causes (war). Religion never produces. It destroys. It can often heal, but what does it heal? It's all aritificial.

But I don't know of one incident on this board or in general real life where a discussion like this has converted people to either the Dark Side or atheism.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Religion #111748
05/21/05 05:54 PM
05/21/05 05:54 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
I don't believe in any Religions

Think john Lennon put christianity best for me: "Christinity will go. It will vanish amd shrink. I needn't argue about that. I'm right and will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now. I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or christinity. Jesus was alright but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twistingit that ruins it for me."

I pretty much agree with all of that and not because i find John Lennon a messiah but because I think it's more true than anything in the Bible.

and yes i do realise i will get abuse for this but it's my views on religion if you don't like it then tough.

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull