GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (ThePolakVet, m2w), 297 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107478
04/17/05 10:08 PM
04/17/05 10:08 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
A registered sex offender was charged on Sunday with the murder of a 13-year-old Florida girl who had been missing for nearly a week. Her name was Sarah Lunde. Her body was found in a pond about one-half mile from her house on Saturday after a massive search by police and volunteers .This is a sad day for eveyone who has a family and small kids, or anyone who knows anyone with kids. I want to say that we must do something as a society to put a stop to all these sex offenders getting out of prison and going and killing kids or sexually hurting them. Maybe these people need to stay in jail or need more help or something, but it seems that everyday in the newspaper u read about another little girl or boy who has been hurt or killed by one of these animals.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107479
04/17/05 10:15 PM
04/17/05 10:15 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
That is so terribly sad. Does it seem like there have been a lot of this lately?? Was this girl taken from her home too? That's damn scary!

I agree, something should be done. I hear some so-called experts say that this is something that isn't curable and others say with treatment it is, but it is impossible not to feel anything but contempt. And, if it is something treatable, shouldn't these scumbags still be punished?

I just know if it were my daughter, I don't think it's something I could get over without losing it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107480
04/17/05 10:52 PM
04/17/05 10:52 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I'm a firm believer that there are certain people on this Earth that should not have the right to breathe the air that I, or any other good, honest, hard working human being breathes. The people on that list are as follows, and in order:
1) Child molesters/rapists
2) murderers
3) terrorists

There are not harsh enough punishments for child molesters, though, which makes it that much worse. Terrorists can be sentenced to death for treason. Murderers for...well...murder. Child molesters? A slap on the hand, and the label of "sexual predator/offender". I believe that capital punishment should be exercised against these bastards, the same as with murderers and terrorists. If not the death penality, let the sumb*tches spend the rest of their sad, miserable lives in prison. I feel offended as a human being to share the same constitutional rights with these animals.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107481
04/17/05 11:09 PM
04/17/05 11:09 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Very well said.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107482
04/18/05 01:53 AM
04/18/05 01:53 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
There are bigger questions here.....

"What, as a society, do we do with those people who are unable to control their actions and are mentally unfit (be they sex offenders, murderers, or whatever) to live freely in our society?"

Should they be imprisoned, or should they be "treated" in some manner?

If they are not "treatable" or "curable", what should be done with them?

Is "insanity" ever a valid defense for committing a crime?

Aren't all criminals "insane" to some extent?

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107483
04/18/05 02:29 AM
04/18/05 02:29 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
One bullet in the forehead. No need for a trial or wasting taxpayer money to house this guy for the rest of his life. He admitted guilt, shoot him and get it over with.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107484
04/18/05 05:28 AM
04/18/05 05:28 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

"What, as a society, do we do with those people who are unable to control their actions and are mentally unfit (be they sex offenders, murderers, or whatever) to live freely in our society?"

IF we can identify criminal tendencies that are CLEARLY genetic, science may come up with solutions to tackle this problem right at birth. But social behaviour is a result of Genes+Environment. Thus acquired criminal behavior should be punishable,once our knowledge of genetics becomes more refined. Till then our existing laws are good enough. Insanity thing is highly prone to misuse and abuse in today's time.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107485
04/18/05 08:45 AM
04/18/05 08:45 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
But if you kill a man for murder, because you feel it to be just, and consider yourself a judge to decide who can live in this world, are you much better than him? And what do you deserve?

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107486
04/18/05 09:26 AM
04/18/05 09:26 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I don't know how these parents go on with their lives. I would imagine that the only way they can, is to be strong for their other children. I can't imagine losing one of my children and ever wanting to open my eyes on another day.

As for this case, it seems that he knew the child because he had dated her mother. It also seems that her older brother came home and found her missing and the front door open, but they didn't report her missing for a few days because they assumed she was at a friend's house. I also understand that this girl had a history of running away. God knows what her life was like. I know that, personally, I insist on knowing where my children are every moment. Does that mean that they won't lie and go somewhere that they're not supposed to? I know that I did.

I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with these people, but how can we expect to keep our children safe? These predators are obviously being released without being "rehabilitated". I would imagine that, as parents, we need to be more careful about who we let into our lives and around our children. As Hannibal said, "We covet what we see every day."

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107487
04/18/05 09:28 AM
04/18/05 09:28 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
I'll tell you what's really scary about these sex offenders, the numbers. I looked up my town in the Michigan sex offender registry and there were four on my street. Two of them for raping children.

I'm in the process of moving so I looked up my new neighborhood and there are three on my street, one of them only a few houses down.

The only problem is that people who get convicted of statuatory rape for having sex when they're sixteen or seventeen with their sixteen or seventeen year-old girl/boyfriends. These people shouldn't be on there.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107488
04/18/05 09:53 AM
04/18/05 09:53 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Hi CK

I always heard of this "sex offender" list, so I thought I'd see how many are in my area. I put in my zip code and it said there are 24 registered sex offenders. That's scary! Do you have to pay the $10 fee to get the more detailed report, as to where they live???

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107489
04/18/05 09:58 AM
04/18/05 09:58 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
I don't think these retarded fruitcakes should be punished with deaht penalty, pleaded as guilty, insane, mentally unfit, court, etc.. They should see torture. I would be happy if that girl's father gets a nice machete and smashes it down onto his whole body until the douchebag screams blood...

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107490
04/18/05 10:00 AM
04/18/05 10:00 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
TIS - $10.00 fee? No, on our it gives there full address, the case number from their conviction, what offense they committed, and sometimes even a photograph. It's done by the State of Michigan. There was a big movement a little while back to get it pulled off the net because it was causing problems for the sex offenders (getting chased out of areas, threats, etc.) but I guess that never happened. Good thing too, I think this is a very possitive thing to have, especially for parents.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107491
04/18/05 04:40 PM
04/18/05 04:40 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
I looked up the list also and there are 4 that live next to me. Better leave my family alone.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107492
04/18/05 05:28 PM
04/18/05 05:28 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
A registered sex offender was charged on Sunday with the murder of a 13-year-old Florida girl who had been missing for nearly a week.
God damn it! This really hurts me... I mean, my Dad swore he'd never do it again!

God, I love being an asshole.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107493
04/18/05 05:44 PM
04/18/05 05:44 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
(Good thing you love being one, 'cause I fail to see the humor.)

Aaaanyway, no mercy, no quarter. He gave away whatever civil "rights" he had to pursue life when he choked the life out of that little girl. My 2 cents.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107494
04/18/05 06:00 PM
04/18/05 06:00 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Which is what makes it funny to me... Humor is just so cliche now-a-days, it seems the biggest laughs come into play when one feels incredibly awkward as a result. Just take a look at the slew of hidden camera shows in the past five years. (Tom Green, Jackass, Trigger-Happy, etc.)

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107495
04/18/05 06:47 PM
04/18/05 06:47 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Ted Nugent dispenses MY kind of justice!

Now, if I got to witness this, that would be something to laugh about!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107496
04/18/05 06:51 PM
04/18/05 06:51 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Which is what makes it funny to me... Humor is just so cliche now-a-days, it seems the biggest laughs come into play when one feels incredibly awkward as a result. Just take a look at the slew of hidden camera shows in the past five years. (Tom Green, Jackass, Trigger-Happy, etc.)
I don't get what you mean when you say humor is cliche, care to explain?

I'm not sure that I agree with you about the biggest laughes coming from awkward situations. What is the real value of Tom Green, Jackass, and Trigger Happy TV? They're good for a quick laugh (oftentimes not even that), and that's about it. There's nothing of real value there as opposed to some of the better satirial comedy out there.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107497
04/18/05 08:10 PM
04/18/05 08:10 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

What we should do is stop protecting these people with a degree of anonymity. It seems like every month we get new letters informing us of a sex offender moving into the school district. Printing their pictures and such is not enough. They have to be monitored with extreme scrutiny so that they are not able to do the same thing again. Currently, the information we are provided (at least in my area) does little more than serve to keep people paranoid about these people being allowed to be reincorporated into society.

It is blatantly clear that these sexual predators are not being dealt with appropriately. Perhaps, on the more radical end of the spectrum, castration and sterilization is in order for a convicted offender. We also need closer electronic surveillance.

Before decidedly reproaching my comments in their extreme nature, let's keep in mind these people waived their rights to a 'normal' life when they chose to break the law. These people need to be stopped, and we need to stop catering to the lawlessness.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107498
04/19/05 02:47 AM
04/19/05 02:47 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
[quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] Which is what makes it funny to me... Humor is just so cliche now-a-days, it seems the biggest laughs come into play when one feels incredibly awkward as a result. Just take a look at the slew of hidden camera shows in the past five years. (Tom Green, Jackass, Trigger-Happy, etc.)
I don't get what you mean when you say humor is cliche, care to explain?

I'm not sure that I agree with you about the biggest laughes coming from awkward situations. What is the real value of Tom Green, Jackass, and Trigger Happy TV? They're good for a quick laugh (oftentimes not even that), and that's about it. There's nothing of real value there as opposed to some of the better satirial comedy out there. [/b][/quote]It just seems like everyone is trying to be the jester now adays. They're all funny guys. Don't get me wrong, I like a jokster more than anyone, but once I hear the same joke 50 times from 50 different people, we all just lose the point.

Now, I have a pretty broad sense of humour, and I do agree that those shows are more of a quickie if anything, but think about any modern comedic act. Why did people find South Park so funny when it first hit the market? Because we were shocked to see an obese eight year old boy use the n-word on cable television. (That show really is no longer of any value to me though... They really aren't funny anymore.)

And as mentioned, I enjoy being an inconsiderate asshole :p . (Kidding)

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107499
04/19/05 07:44 PM
04/19/05 07:44 PM
Texas
Patches Offline
Underboss
Patches  Offline
Underboss
Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
I'll tell you what's really scary about these sex offenders, the numbers. I looked up my town in the Michigan sex offender registry and there were four on my street. Two of them for raping children.

I know what you mean. I look our town's registry every once and a while, and I swear they must all congregate on the side of town I live on.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107500
04/19/05 07:51 PM
04/19/05 07:51 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
It's a sad world we live in today. I cannot imagine the pain that family must be going threw.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107501
04/19/05 09:39 PM
04/19/05 09:39 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Long Lost,
I still fail to see any humor in this. We're talking about the murder of a child by a sexual predator. I don't understand why you would feel compelled to try and make fun. Is it funny? That this man she knew and apparently trusted, a man she let into her home? That he grew angry with her, strangled her, and then threw her in a pond, like so much garbage? Which part is the funny part? Can you explain it to me? You feel compelled to find humor in that situation? You find that you can laugh at the "awkwardness" of your remarks? That's probably the most vile and disgusting thing I've ever heard. How old are you? Are you just a stupid kid? (I hope) If not, then your mental age needs some maturity. I pray to God that you never have to experience this kind of loss, especially such a horrible and public loss.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107502
04/19/05 10:44 PM
04/19/05 10:44 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
My belief is that people like that can NEVER be rehabilitated! It's in them to do those kind of things! Their sick minds lust after young children and that is what gets them off!
I did not post an opinion over in the other "death Penalty" topic, for I really believe that there is no black and white answer for supporting or being against the death penalty. But when I hear or read stories like this, a part of me says that there is no room for these bastards, that hurt young children, to live in this world! Rehabilitate my ass! How many times have we seen a story where some sick bastard sexually abuses or kills a child, and we find out that the scumbag did it before, went away, got that so called rehabilitaion and then was deemed by some moronic person to be fit to go back out into society? No one can ever convince me that a child molester can be "cured" or "rehabilitated" from having those disgusting feelings and urges to sexualy molest a young child!!!! No, there is absolutely no room in society for a perverted bastard that gets their rocks off by having sex or killing a young child! People like that do not deserve a second chance! What they deserve is to be removed from the face of the earth so that they can NEVER touch another child ever again! This topic really disgusts me to no end!

This is the best cure for child molesters :

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107503
04/19/05 11:07 PM
04/19/05 11:07 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
People like that do not deserve a second chance! What they deserve is to be removed from the face of the earth so that they can NEVER touch another child ever again!

Don Cardi
My thoughts exactly.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107504
04/20/05 01:55 AM
04/20/05 01:55 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:

Rehabilitate my ass! How many times have we seen a story where some sick bastard sexually abuses or kills a child, and we find out that the scumbag did it before, went away, got that so called rehabilitaion and then was deemed by some moronic person to be fit to go back out into society?
Don Cardi
DC you are so correct!

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107505
04/20/05 09:18 AM
04/20/05 09:18 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I don't know if it's because the news has made this a more prevalent issue, but it seems that my children have been coming home from school every day for the past week or so with a note about some sex offender that has moved into our school district. Kind of freaks you out.

Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107506
04/20/05 10:36 AM
04/20/05 10:36 AM
Detroit
TonyD Offline
Underboss
TonyD  Offline
Underboss
Detroit
I don't care whether they have the feelings and urges ... I care whether they are acting on them. A person sees a gold watch in a store that they'd just love to have ... they could steal it when the clerk is not looking ... but they don't ... why? ... because they are civilized. Policing peoples actions is one thing ... policing peoples desires is totally another.

Sex offenders notwithstanding ... how about carjackers, drug dealers, etc ... why not have them on a registry? In the case of drug dealers, I'd venture to say that they are a *much* greater cost to our society and lay waste to the lives of *hundreds of thousands* of children ... consider just how many ways drug addiction destroys the lives of children and kills them ... overdoses, gang violence, burglaries, robberies, broken families, lost jobs, school drop-outs, HIV from needle sharing, drive-by shootings ... the list goes on and on and on and on.

Why is it that we are so affected by stories about sex crimes? ... it is because of SEX.
Sometimes it's not even a crime about sex and we *still* manage to make it a sex crime.
In the story of the guy in florida who strangled the 13yr old and dumped her in a pond ... the guy was not a convicted child molester; he was an adult rapist. Yet every single time it was reported, the news media here in Detroit lead the story by insinuating the "sex" angle ... "sex offender" plus "13 year old" plus "murder" equals = sensational story.
The fact is, all reports I've read so far indicate he got in an argument with her and killed her ... Plain old murder.

It kills me how this sort of stuff gets peoples attention yet, here in Detroit we have children being killed on a daily basis and it barely makes the local news, much less the national news.
Two weeks ago I was on Joseph Campau Ave shopping, and two hours later on the very spot where I had been a 12 year old was hit by a stray bullet.

If we want to put an end to this stuff the answer isn't going around executing people or locking them up ... it has to do with taking care of children ... and I mean the very people who we are prosecuting but when THEY were children. Preventing this stuff from happening ... shootings, sex crimes, murder, carjacking, drug offenses etc; is a matter of molding children to become adults who don't do that stuff.
I'm fond of saying: It's easier to make and keep good wine than to turn vinegar back to wine.
The problem is there is no will to do whats necessary to stem crime ... we just want to "fight" crime and "be in people's faces". The much harder task is to bring up children to become law abiding, tax paying citizens. *That* is STOPPING crime ... not "fighting" crime.

"we are bigger than US Steel" ... Hyman Roth and Meyer Lansky
Re: Sex Offender admitts to killing fla. girl #107507
04/20/05 12:30 PM
04/20/05 12:30 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by TonyD:
I don't care whether they have the feelings and urges ... I care whether they are acting on them. A person sees a gold watch in a store that they'd just love to have ... they could steal it when the clerk is not looking ... but they don't ... why? ... because they are civilized. Policing peoples actions is one thing ... policing peoples desires is totally another.

Sex offenders notwithstanding ... how about carjackers, drug dealers, etc ... why not have them on a registry? In the case of drug dealers, I'd venture to say that they are a *much* greater cost to our society and lay waste to the lives of *hundreds of thousands* of children ... consider just how many ways drug addiction destroys the lives of children and kills them ... overdoses, gang violence, burglaries, robberies, broken families, lost jobs, school drop-outs, HIV from needle sharing, drive-by shootings ... the list goes on and on and on and on.

Why is it that we are so affected by stories about sex crimes? ... it is because of SEX.
Sometimes it's not even a crime about sex and we *still* manage to make it a sex crime.
In the story of the guy in florida who strangled the 13yr old and dumped her in a pond ... the guy was not a convicted child molester; he was an adult rapist. Yet every single time it was reported, the news media here in Detroit lead the story by insinuating the "sex" angle ... "sex offender" plus "13 year old" plus "murder" equals = sensational story.
The fact is, all reports I've read so far indicate he got in an argument with her and killed her ... Plain old murder.

It kills me how this sort of stuff gets peoples attention yet, here in Detroit we have children being killed on a daily basis and it barely makes the local news, much less the national news.
Two weeks ago I was on Joseph Campau Ave shopping, and two hours later [b]on the very spot where I had been
a 12 year old was hit by a stray bullet.

If we want to put an end to this stuff the answer isn't going around executing people or locking them up ... it has to do with taking care of children ... and I mean the very people who we are prosecuting but when THEY were children. Preventing this stuff from happening ... shootings, sex crimes, murder, carjacking, drug offenses etc; is a matter of molding children to become adults who don't do that stuff.
I'm fond of saying: It's easier to make and keep good wine than to turn vinegar back to wine.
The problem is there is no will to do whats necessary to stem crime ... we just want to "fight" crime and "be in people's faces". The much harder task is to bring up children to become law abiding, tax paying citizens. *That* is STOPPING crime ... not "fighting" crime. [/b]
Your point is well taken, and you make some very valid points in certain parts of your statement. However you compare apples to oranges in trying to give an analogy with a perverts sexual desires towards a young child and a person's desire to have a gold watch! If I desire to have a gold watch and steal it from a store, it is no doubt a crime to do so. I have lost control of myself in doing so. However in that kind of a crime I have NOT physically effected someone or caused them menatal problems because I shoplifted that watch! Again, I am not defending a crime like that, but it does not compare to a sick bastard who physically does abnormal things to a young child who's mind and bodies are developing. That sick bastards actions have now both mentally and physically effected a child for the rest of their lives! And the desire to have sex with a child is not a normal desire. It's just plain sick!
You say that you don't care if they have feelings or urges as long as they don't act on them. Well let me ask you this then ; You have a child in school. It turns out that one of the aids or custodians working in that school sexually molested a young child and then did 10 years in prison, was "rehabilitated" and then deemed fit to go back out into society. This person gets a job at your daughter's school. The person has not done anything wrong since the opriginal crime. You know damn well that this person still has desires for young kids but has so far shown self control over those desires. Do you still want that person watching over or staying around your daughter? I don't think so! Again, my feeling is that a pervert who molests and has sexual desires for a young child will ALWAYS have those desires. And even if they are in control of those desires I do NOT want them around my, or any kids for that matter! They're animals anyway, so let them lose their souls!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull