GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (BarrettM, FireHawk, 2 invisible), 317 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,982
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,130
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3690
06/07/06 12:39 PM
06/07/06 12:39 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
You've all listed some really funny parts in the trilogy.

But my all time favorite has to be the whole flashback scene at the end of GFII with Sonny cursing the Japs for dropping bombs on his fahter's birthday, and Fredo innocently exclaiming " They didn't know it was Pop's birthday!" lol Casale delivers that line with such innocence, and the look on Caan's face is priceless! Then Sonny swatting at Fredo's arm when he reaches across the table to congratulate Mike for joining the military! lol

I think that FFC really did a great job with that scene of expressing what it was like in real life, growing up in a large Italian family, with all of you sitting around your grandmother's table for a sunday dinner.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3691
06/07/06 09:33 PM
06/07/06 09:33 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Originally posted by Don Cardi:

But my all time favorite has to be the whole flashback scene at the end of GFII with Sonny cursing the Japs for dropping bombs on his fahter's birthday, and Fredo innocently exclaiming " They didn't know it was Pop's birthday!" lol Casale delivers that line with such innocence, and the look on Caan's face is priceless! Then Sonny swatting at Fredo's arm when he reaches across the table to congratulate Mike for joining the military! lol
I change my answer to that. Fredo's line is funny, I'll put the Zasa car one in a close second.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3692
06/08/06 11:08 AM
06/08/06 11:08 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
The scene in Havana where Fredo is introducing everyone is pretty funny...him going on with all these judges and politicians, telling Mike that one of them does a "mean cha cha cha" and then announcing to the table that they should try "some of them local drinks," like a Cuba Libre. At that point Sen Geary, who we (and the Corleones) know secretly frequented a house of ill repute brashly says "I want one of those red headed Cubanas," Which Fredo says , "That you've got con gusto."

BTW how is it that Fredo, who did not know the term for banana daiquiri was the same in English and in Spanish know about Cuba Libres and was able to say "con gusto?"

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3693
08/14/06 12:09 AM
08/14/06 12:09 AM
Connie Corleone Offline
Wiseguy
Connie Corleone  Offline
Wiseguy
The part when Michael shuts the door on Kay in Part II makes me laugh. Obviously I think it's Diane Keaton's acting/reaction that's funny rather than the situation in the movie.

Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3694
08/14/06 10:53 PM
08/14/06 10:53 PM
Detroit
TonyD Offline
Underboss
TonyD  Offline
Underboss
Detroit
What's your name?
Suchowsky. Hyman Suchowsky.
He's gonna dump that; I call him Johnny Lips.

The scene when Mike says he'll "kill them both" and Clemenza, Tessio and Sonny are overcome with laughter (I can't help but laugh with them).

"we are bigger than US Steel" ... Hyman Roth and Meyer Lansky
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3695
08/16/06 01:24 PM
08/16/06 01:24 PM
Chicago
BarrytheBull Offline
Made Member
BarrytheBull  Offline
Made Member
Chicago
The part that always makes me laugh is when Don Vito slaps Johnny and tells him to "act like a man!!!" and then mimicks Johnny crying......then they show Tom in the background laughing at Johnny......That is such a classic scene.
I also laugh at Tom's reaction to Sonny banging Lucy Mancini in the bathroom, when Tom tells him that his dad is waiting for him downstairs......LOL

The Bull!!!

"...you straightened my brother out??"

"Give him a living, but never discuss the family business in front of him."
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3696
08/17/06 06:48 PM
08/17/06 06:48 PM
California
WildTrout Offline
Wiseguy
WildTrout  Offline
Wiseguy
California
There is all sorts of subtle humor, such as in I, when Michael explains to Kay how "Luca Brasi held a gun to his head and my father calmly explained that either his brains or his signature would appear on that piece of paper." The look Kay gives him back is priceless.

Yes! That's my favorite humorous part as well. The way her expression changes is fascinating.

But if Clemenza can figure a way to have a weapon planted there for me then I'll kill 'em both.
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3697
08/19/06 07:49 AM
08/19/06 07:49 AM
Serbia and Montenegro
segnorina Offline
Button
segnorina  Offline
Button
Serbia and Montenegro
Originally posted by Connie Corleone:
The part when Michael shuts the door on Kay in Part II makes me laugh. Obviously I think it's Diane Keaton's acting/reaction that's funny rather than the situation in the movie.
I'm not sure how much it was funny to me. I think it is quite strong, a mother leaving her children and cold-hearted Micheal...

You were right about one thing. I have been watching. Couldn't help myself. Watching, waiting, holding my breath. But I'm no puppeteer Kevin, I don't make things happen. Doesn't work like that. Free will, it's like butterfly wings, one touch and it never gets off the ground. I only set the stage. You pull your own strings.
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3698
09/07/06 05:15 PM
09/07/06 05:15 PM
S
Silent Offline
Associate
Silent  Offline
S
Associate
Originally posted by klydon1:
I think the funniest moments involve Fredo:

1. At Connie's wedding, a tipsy Fredo sort of introduces Michael to Kay after Michael introduces her to Fredo.

2. His little corny entrance dance into the hotel room in Vegas as the band plays.

3. "I like Havana. Havana's my kind of town. Do we know anyone in Havana?"

4. Congratulating Michael for joining the service.

and, of course,

5. "I'm smart. Not dumb, like everybody says."
yeah ... one of my favoritez is when Michael is asking Fredo question in Neveda and Michael tellz him that he has alwayz taken care of him (Fredo) and then Fredo replyz ... TAKEN CARE OF ME ! Michael YOUR MY KID BROTHER ! ... lol

Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3699
09/08/06 08:29 AM
09/08/06 08:29 AM
Germany
Sammy_The_Fish Offline
Wiseguy
Sammy_The_Fish  Offline
Wiseguy
Germany
I don't think anyone's mentioned this before- one of my favorite bits of humor, and one of those little bits of buisness that seperate the good from the great-
In GF2, during the flashback to the Festa, Vito goes to see Don Fannucci ("It looks like there's $100 under my hat." etc...) When Don Fanucci gets up to leave, he does that cheek pinch/smack on Vito's face. Vito never reacts to this until Fanucci leaves the cafe, and then De Niro swipes his fingers across his face (in that very "Don Vito" manner) and then checks the tips of his fingers, as if he's loooking for a streak of blood or (more likely) checking to make sure he got all of Fannucci's slime off. The look on De Niro's face is priceless, and it gets me every time.

Sammy The Fish orange

Say it to his face, just one time!
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3700
09/08/06 08:47 AM
09/08/06 08:47 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Just another example of DeNiro's brilliant acting abilities. Nothing is said by him at that point, and yet his facial expressions say it all.

IMO one of DeNiro's best pieces of acting in a non-speaking scene is in the movie 'Sleepers'. He plays Father Bobby, a priest. In it there is the scene where Jason Patric's character 'Shakes' goes to Father Bobby to tell him all about the abuse that he and his friends took when they were kids incarcerated in the detention home for boys. If you watch DeNiro's facial expression in that scene, as Shakes is giving him the details of abuse they took as boys, without ever uttering one word DeNiro brilliantly transforms from this concerned priest, to a sickened, disgusted and angered man. All these mixed emotions conveyed by DeNiro, and felt by the viewer, without his ever having to say one word.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3701
09/08/06 11:45 AM
09/08/06 11:45 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Facial expressions are indeed frequently more poignant than any dialogue.

My favorites are Vito's expression as Luca stumbles through his awkward thank you at Connie's wedding; Michael's hateful glare at Kay when she admits to the abortion; and young Vito's look of concern after he unwrapped the package Clemenza had asked him to hold in GII.

Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3702
09/10/06 12:35 PM
09/10/06 12:35 PM
Germany
Sammy_The_Fish Offline
Wiseguy
Sammy_The_Fish  Offline
Wiseguy
Germany
Another great laugh is in GF1 when Michael and the bodyguards first arrive at Vitele's cafe and everything Fabrizio says, Calo echos the last few words of each sentence-
"..tentare il diavolo..."
"...tale a bocca..."
"...averla visto lei?"

Say it to his face, just one time!
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3703
09/13/06 11:11 AM
09/13/06 11:11 AM
New York City
TommyCorleone1967 Offline
Wiseguy
TommyCorleone1967  Offline
Wiseguy
New York City
One of my favorite funny Godfather scenes occurs in the original movie. It's Sunday dinner at the Corleone house and everyone (sans Vito, who is upstairs in bed resting after coming home from the hospital) is at the dinner table.

This is not verbatim but it's what I remember:

Sonny: Those N---- up in harlem are having a good time with those policy banks, driving those Cadilac's

Carlo: I knew that was gonna happen when they started making big money.

Connie: Papa never talked business at the table.

Carlo: Shut up Connie!

Sonny: Don't you ever tell her to shut up.

Mama Corleone: Santino, don't interfere.

Carlo: Sonny, Tom, I'd like to talk to you about doing more for the family.

Sonny: We don't discuss business at the table.

A close second is in II when Hyman Roth tells Michael: "We're bigger than U.S. Steel."

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3704
09/19/06 08:34 PM
09/19/06 08:34 PM
Connecticut
finsnasty84 Offline
Button
finsnasty84  Offline
Button
Connecticut
Originally posted by Raymondo Corleone:
I just love it when Sonny bites his fist after seeing Connie's face. I can't imagine being so angry that I had to bite my own fist :-)
Remember in GF 3 when vincent bites his fist in the office after the zasa altercation.

That was funny too.

I also like the guy singing the song at the mic in GF 1.

What about Clemenza's real life brother dancing really corny at the wedding.

gdfella
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3705
09/30/06 08:50 PM
09/30/06 08:50 PM
Toronto, Ontario
D
dontommasino Offline
Underboss
dontommasino  Offline
D
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario
1) When Luca Brasi stumbles through the speech (I'm aware that was a blooper and they kept it in) and the look that Brando gives him is pretty funny.

2) When Don Vito slaps Johnny and Tom is just sitting there in the corner laughing.

3) Signor Roberto apologizing to Don Vito for the apartment problem. Vito and Genco have a good laugh at Roberto's expense.

Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3706
09/30/06 09:37 PM
09/30/06 09:37 PM
New Jersey
Obsessed With The GodFather Offline
Capo
Obsessed With The GodFather  Offline
Capo
New Jersey
Their are many. but i always thought this to be funny!

Tom to Woltz

I'm German-Irish....

Woltz
Well let me tell you something my Kraut Mick friend, I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won't know what hit you!

Tom: Mr. Woltz, I'm a lawyer, I have not threatened you.

Woltz:
I know almost every big lawyer in New York, who the hell are you?
That who the hell are you is just too funny! lol lol

Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash Fan!
Re: Favorite Funny Bit #3707
10/02/06 08:46 AM
10/02/06 08:46 AM
MA
C
chenille Offline
Wiseguy
chenille  Offline
C
Wiseguy
MA
hi all... long time reader here ..this is a great thread.I always got a kick out of young Vito and Genco going to the opera/play where the actor on stage gets word after about 2 minutes that his "mama morte".(forgive spelling..I know there is another word in there somewhere).I love when the audience gasps..they had absolutely no chance to get emotionally involved with any of the chracters...maybe its not funny but at least noteworthy!!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull