GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 52 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Where The Buffalo Roam (Bill Murray) New DVD #98100
02/14/05 11:15 PM
02/14/05 11:15 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
I am one of the biggest Hunter S. Thompson fans around. One of my favorite films is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I also love the documentary on him called Breakfast With Hunter. I saw a film a couple of years ago called Where The Buffalo Roam starring Bill Murray as Thompson. I thought it was fantastic. Though the VHS version that was available at the time had the original music soundtrack replaced with a studio band sounding horrible like elevator music. The original soundtrack has choice pieces from Thompson including Bob Dylan, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Neil Young, but this was all replaced. And in a lot of scenes, the change was EXTREMELY noticable. People, including myself, petitioned to have a DVD version released with the original soundtrack, well, a DVD was realeased, with the elevator music. That went out of print, so we petitioned again to get a good music version, well, on Feb. 1 2005 they released a new edition. I bought it in a heart beat. AND DAMN UNIVERSAL BECASUE IT STILL HAS THE ELEVATOR MUSIC!! No extra features at all, bad soundtrack still. What a joke, people are so pissed, again, including myself. The just released DVD is already out of print less than 2 weeks after its release.

My question is this: Did this bother anyone else about the DVD? And how much do you guys also hate stupid production companies out to fill their fat, fart tainted wallets?

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Where The Buffalo Roam (Bill Murray) New DVD #98101
02/14/05 11:22 PM
02/14/05 11:22 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I really want to get into the Thompson films, not so much the books. 'Fear and Loathing' is on Criterion, which is a reason for it being a pain for me to get.

And yes, I also have extreme hatred for production companies who butcher films.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Where The Buffalo Roam (Bill Murray) New DVD #98102
02/14/05 11:46 PM
02/14/05 11:46 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
I can't stress how great these films are. The books are better but the films do it a GOOD justice. DO NOT buy the regular edition Vercetti, the Criterion is SO good. It's got 2 documentaries with Thompson, interviews with the cast, interviews with the original Dr. Gonzo, Oscar Zeta Ocosta, who is feared to be dead since 1976. And SOOO much more, including commentary for the film by cast, director and THOMPSON! Get it and you wont be dissapointed!

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Where The Buffalo Roam (Bill Murray) New DVD #98103
02/14/05 11:48 PM
02/14/05 11:48 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I never consider getting a lesser edition, although that might change with the Passion of the christ and "Man on Fire."

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Where The Buffalo Roam (Bill Murray) New DVD #98104
02/15/05 12:33 AM
02/15/05 12:33 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline OP
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline OP
Underboss
Folsom Prison
That's good, because the Criterion Collection may be costly, but its really worth it. I'm still so pissed about this damn DVD.

The Doc

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull