GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, Mafia101, 1 invisible), 56 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,761
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96723
02/02/05 08:03 AM
02/02/05 08:03 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
By Anthony Boadle, Reuters

HAVANA (Feb. 1) - Cuban President Fidel Castro said on Tuesday the only way the United States could overthrow his communist government was by the nuclear destruction of Cuba.

Castro, whose one-party state was recently labeled an "outpost of tyranny" by U.S President George W. Bush's administration, said Cuba would resist an American invasion like Vietnam.

Since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, Castro has repeatedly accused the Bush administration of wanting to invade Cuba to oust him. U.S. officials say the charge is rubbish.

"I hope I'm wrong ... but if they make the mistake of attacking and invading this country, I recommend Mr. Bush had better launch 50 nuclear weapons and exterminate us all," Castro said in a speech.

"We prefer to die in heaven than to survive in hell," the 78-year-old leader told delegates to a literacy conference.

Castro said he watched Bush's second inaugural speech last month and reiterated his view of the danger Cuba faced. "I saw the face of a crazed man," he said.

"I assure you this country could be exterminated," he said.

The United States broke off diplomatic ties with Havana after Castro's seized power in a 1959 revolution and aligned Cuba with the former Soviet Union in the midst of the Cold War.

Hostility between Washington and Havana has escalated under Bush, who stepped up U.S. support for Castro's opponents and criticism of human rights abuses on the island.

During confirmation hearing last month, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called Cuba, along with Burma, Belarus and Zimbabwe, "outposts of tyranny" that needed to be watched.

Washington has become increasingly worried about Castro's close alliance with leftist President Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, a major supplier of oil to the United States.

Castro said Venezuela had guaranteed oil supplies to Cuba, but he denied exporting Cuba's communism to Venezuela, where more than 20,000 Cubans doctors and teachers have been sent to work in slums.

"I do not advocate the Cubanization of other countries," he said.

Castro, standing up in military uniform for half of his four-hour speech even though he is recovering from a broken knee, said Cuba had long prepared to defend itself from U.S. invasion.

"Extermination by weapons of mass destruction is the only way," he said. "We are not afraid."

"Nobody was frightened here when hundreds of nuclear arms were pointing at this country in 1962," he added, in reference to the missile crisis in which Washington and Moscow came to the brink of nuclear war over Soviet missiles deployed in Cuba.
-----

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96724
02/02/05 08:29 AM
02/02/05 08:29 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Lets call his bluff.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96725
02/02/05 10:15 AM
02/02/05 10:15 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
I think there was a good reason Castro wasn't concerned in 1962, he knew Khrustchev would pull out as soon as the US did anything... what an ass.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96726
02/02/05 10:58 AM
02/02/05 10:58 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Ya but can't "death" also defeat him?

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96727
02/02/05 11:11 AM
02/02/05 11:11 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Ya but can't "death" also defeat him?
I was just thinking the same thing. Anyhow, who cares about someone who talks four hours? I can't believe he is acting so childish to risk his people's lives with such stupid comments, but then I'm very familiar with this type of gov.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96728
02/02/05 12:09 PM
02/02/05 12:09 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96729
02/02/05 01:44 PM
02/02/05 01:44 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Cuba is but a stone in the pond. 5 nuclear warheads? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. I agree with an above post. Let's call his bluff. Hell, 78 years old? Break his other knee, take his cane, and throw a firecracker at him.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96730
02/03/05 01:50 AM
02/03/05 01:50 AM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Hahaha. A single regiment of the US Army would knock Castro's government out... and that's hardly being facetious. A nuclear attack, please.... send some Rangers or SEALs down there and clear up his head. He's still arrogant at almost 80 years old.... he does know the US has the capibility to strike anywhere on the planet within 15 minutes, doesn't he?

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96731
02/03/05 03:28 AM
02/03/05 03:28 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Castro said he watched Bush's second inaugural speech last month and reiterated his view of the danger Cuba faced. "I saw the face of a crazed man," he said.
He's saying Bush has the face of a crazed man? Obviously he's never taken a look in a mirror.

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96732
02/03/05 11:08 AM
02/03/05 11:08 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Actually, if he had a mirror, wouldn't he see an ancient "has-been" that has no strategic threat to the U.S. at all for over a decade?

Indeed, his banana army would collapse pretty quickly if the U.S. ever invaded.

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96733
02/03/05 04:00 PM
02/03/05 04:00 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Sounds like the old fart is mouthing off to get more attention. Maybe we should let him post here on the boards. He would fit right in with some who have no real lives and post here talking trash and hunger for someone to talk with.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96734
02/03/05 08:23 PM
02/03/05 08:23 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
A little off topic, but did you guys see that video of Castro falling off the stage? Hilarious.

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96735
02/03/05 09:42 PM
02/03/05 09:42 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
That's horrible, man.

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96736
02/03/05 11:55 PM
02/03/05 11:55 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
That's horrible, man.
Yeah, it kind of is, but Castro has it comming. He hasn't exactly been the kindest person in world history, just ask his own people.

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96737
02/03/05 11:59 PM
02/03/05 11:59 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
CK--Check out this article I posted on here a week or so ago. Click -Pat

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96738
02/05/05 04:09 PM
02/05/05 04:09 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
I think a good fart would blow cuba away.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96739
02/06/05 07:29 AM
02/06/05 07:29 AM
Ireland
Pax Soprana Offline
Button
Pax Soprana  Offline
Button
Ireland
If the Cubans are willing to fight for freedom then I dont think even the US could beat them. It might take a while but the Cubans would win. Its happened throughout history the people who are more committed to their cause will eventually pull through.

"I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his dick in his hand, alright?"
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96740
02/06/05 09:06 PM
02/06/05 09:06 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
PS - I think that's a very romantic notion, but I disagree for a few reasons. First, Cuba doesn't have the reasorces or support to fight a long war against a technologically superior enemy. Second, I don't think the Cuban people would be very dedicated to fight to defend Castro. And third, Cuba isn't very big, and it's and island which makes it much more vulnerable to a good strong embargo. It's hard to fight without bullets, or medicine, or food, or gasoline, or... well, you get the point. Dedicated or not, Cuba wouldn't stand a chance.

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96741
02/06/05 09:26 PM
02/06/05 09:26 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Ck--I would bet that the majority of Cuba backs Castro. The few who flee can't represent them all. -Pat

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96742
02/06/05 09:53 PM
02/06/05 09:53 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Pat - We're not talking about a "few" who are fleeing, we're talking about thousands who are fleeing. All yoy have to do is look at the Cuban community in Florida, especially Miami to see the vast amount of people who have already successfully escaped from Cuba. Or check out how many people came over during the Marial boatlift.

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96743
02/07/05 04:09 PM
02/07/05 04:09 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Cuba isn't much of a threat. Why bother?

Besides, if and when Castro falls, and there was talk of ending the embargo -- I wonder how Florida sugar growers would react to that? (research THAT Patrick).

Castro certainly no angel being a doctrinaire Marxist, and Cubans have to some degree or another, suffered under him, but they've also built a pretty decent medical system. And their sugar industry is hot. Castro's literacy program was quite effective. There are far worse places to be than Cuba.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96744
02/07/05 07:14 PM
02/07/05 07:14 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Ck--I would bet that the majority of Cuba backs Castro. The few who flee can't represent them all. -Pat
Where do you get this from? What has he done for them that would give them reason to back him?

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96745
02/07/05 07:15 PM
02/07/05 07:15 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
Quote:
Originally posted by Pax Soprana:
If the Cubans are willing to fight for freedom then I dont think even the US could beat them. It might take a while but the Cubans would win. Its happened throughout history the people who are more committed to their cause will eventually pull through.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96746
02/07/05 07:48 PM
02/07/05 07:48 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] Ck--I would bet that the majority of Cuba backs Castro. The few who flee can't represent them all. -Pat
Where do you get this from? What has he done for them that would give them reason to back him? [/b][/quote]What has he done? Cuba has FREE heatlh care and FREE education. Castro overthrew that asshole Batista and made life better for poor Cubans. Is it time for change? Yes. Should Castro be remembered as man for the people? Hell yes. You always seem to talk a lot of crap on Castro and Cuba, but never show any kind of evidence. Care to share some now?

Damn US embargo

Re: Castro Says Only U.S. Nuclear Attack Can Defeat Him #96747
02/07/05 11:56 PM
02/07/05 11:56 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Very nice move here.

Cuba Bans Smoking in Many Public Places
By ANDREA RODRIGUEZ, AP

HAVANA (Feb. 7) - The country known for it high-quality cigars banned smoking of all kinds in public places Monday, as the Cuban government acknowledged the health risk of tobacco.

Smoking will be banned in restaurants, except in designated areas, and cigarette machines also will be removed. The law will also suspend sales of cigarettes to children under age 16 and at stores less than 100 yards from schools.

According to government statistics, four of every 10 Cubans smoke, and 30 percent of the 15,000 deaths from preventable cancers each year can be linked to smoking.

News of the ban was first announced last month, when it was published in Cuba's National Gazette by the Commerce Ministry.

The resolution said the move was "taking into account the damage to human health caused by the consumption of cigarettes and cigars, with the objective of contributing to a change in the attitudes of our population."

Tobacco is the communist-run island's third-largest export - producing an average of 150 million hand-rolled cigars worth about $200 million a year - and is recognized worldwide for its quality.

"We are going to suffer, but we weren't born smoking," parking attendant Enrique Perez said in an outdoor parking lot Monday, a burning cigarette dangling from his hand. "It's good to give up the vice."

But some Cubans didn't seem to know, or care, and continued to light up their black tobacco cigarettes in enclosed areas now designated as nonsmoking.

"I won't give you my name," a woman worker in an office building in Old Havana said as she stubbed out her filterless cigarette in a hallway ashtray by the elevator.

Some said the prohibition will be hard to enforce, especially because the government has not said what penalties the new rule could carry.

"How will they convince the people if they don't say what the fine is?" asked Rolando Duran, a 40-year-old who acknowledged to smoking occasionally at social gatherings.

Nevertheless, Duran said he welcomed the new rules, as did numerous ex-smokers.

"Smoking kills," said former smoker taxi driver Eduardo Bossa, who said he was happy that he could now prohibit his fares from lighting up in his cab.

Cuban President Fidel Castro, who gave up smoking years ago, once joked about giving away boxes of cigars, saying, "The best thing to do is give them to your enemy."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull