GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 250 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,881
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,580
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 319 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91447
08/11/05 06:49 AM
08/11/05 06:49 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Vito's Legacy:
An intriguing, sometimes tedious, yet satisfying film that demands repeat viewing.
Yeah...in fact I'm waiting for my second watch....

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91448
08/11/05 07:39 AM
08/11/05 07:39 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Long Lost Corleone, thank you for the Punch-Drunk Love recommendation. I've seen Hard Eight (Sydney; 1996), and it's a wonderfully staged modern film noir with a menacing foreboding, and the acting is a treat. Can't wait for you to see it. I have Boogie Nights ready to watch in my room, too.

Irishman, I agree with New York Stories (1989). Three of the best "New York" directors combine to make a gross mishit of a film. Scorsese experiments and fails with a sour romance story; Allen's featurette is merely an elongated sketch of a Jewish mother joke; and inbetween them, Coppola's short is a dreadful mess full of crass acting and a Godawful script.

Thanks for reading,
Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91449
08/11/05 07:41 AM
08/11/05 07:41 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Love Actually ** (1st time)
2003, Curtis, GB
Four weeks to Christmas, various people, from the new Prime Minister to an eleven year old boy, enjoy the highs and suffer the lows of being in love.
Far-fetched, multiple-story romantic comedy, too long for what it contains and too short for how much it tries to fit in, with every miracle in the world happening in the final moments; its script and delivery are, however, very fresh, and it fulfills its intentions well.

Mick

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91450
08/12/05 10:10 AM
08/12/05 10:10 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b]Irishman, I agree with New York Stories (1989). Three of the best "New York" directors combine to make a gross mishit of a film. Scorsese experiments and fails with a sour romance story; Allen's featurette is merely an elongated sketch of a Jewish mother joke; and inbetween them, Coppola's short is a dreadful mess full of crass acting and a Godawful script.[/b]
I asked Don Vercetti this because I thought he had seen the movie but do you know the name of the song that Nick Nolte's character plays when Rosanna Arquette comes back? I believe it's the last song of the segment as well.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91451
08/12/05 11:06 AM
08/12/05 11:06 AM
The free Iraq
Aziatic Offline
Underboss
Aziatic  Offline
Underboss
The free Iraq
Just watched "Leon" again and its a great movie. One of my fav pieces of european directors. Everything is great about this movie and I cant think of any big flaws. 9/10

I have The "Wizard of Oz" and Fellini's "8 1/2" and "La Dolce Vita" ready to watch on my PC...I can't wait...

Quote of the Moment:

"Fredo - you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."
Michael Corleone

My DVD Collection | My Showroom
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91452
08/12/05 11:19 AM
08/12/05 11:19 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
BUFFALO SOLDIERS

CODE 46

I'll review those movies eventually.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91453
08/12/05 03:32 PM
08/12/05 03:32 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Lost In Translation **** (6th time)
2003, Coppola, US/Jap
Two Americans in Japan, one an actor, the other a lonely wife over on her husband's business, meet up and enjoy each other's company.
Underplayed, affecting tale of two people stuck in marital problems and finding unconsumated comfort in each other; it is a refreshingly minimalistic approach fuelled by excellent performances.
Top 30;
Best film of the decade?

Mick

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91454
08/12/05 03:34 PM
08/12/05 03:34 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Better then your precious Irreversible and Gladiator?

I still need to see it. Right now my vote for 2003's best is Elephant.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91455
08/12/05 03:35 PM
08/12/05 03:35 PM
The free Iraq
Aziatic Offline
Underboss
Aziatic  Offline
Underboss
The free Iraq
Quote:

[b]Top 30;
Best film of the decade?

Mick [/b]

*Adds it to his have-to-watch-list*

Quote of the Moment:

"Fredo - you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."
Michael Corleone

My DVD Collection | My Showroom
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91456
08/12/05 03:46 PM
08/12/05 03:46 PM
Dublin, Ireland
Vito's Legacy Offline
'Family' Man
Vito's Legacy  Offline
'Family' Man
Capo
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Best film of the decade?
Well, it BETTER be up there somewhere on the list! Me and two friends really like this film too.

"Mr. Corleone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately..." wink
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91457
08/12/05 03:51 PM
08/12/05 03:51 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
By the way, Irishman, I can't help with the New York Stories song. Not right now at least. I'd have to see it again.

Mick

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91458
08/12/05 04:52 PM
08/12/05 04:52 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Quote:
[b]Lost In Translation **** (6th time)
2003, Coppola, US/Jap
Two Americans in Japan, one an actor, the other a lonely wife over on her husband's business, meet up and enjoy each other's company.
Underplayed, affecting tale of two people stuck in marital problems and finding unconsumated comfort in each other; it is a refreshingly minimalistic approach fuelled by excellent performances.
Top 30;
Best film of the decade?

Mick [/b]
Wow a bold statement for a film that I find to be in agreement on minimalistic and yet more importantly uneventful

In no particular order

Gladiator
Traffic
A beautiful Mind
LOTR The Two Towers
The Pianist
Seabiscuit
Snatch
Almost Famous
Memento
High Fidelity
City of God

I put these all ahead of Lost In Translation which in a few years will become Lost in Memory

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91459
08/12/05 05:04 PM
08/12/05 05:04 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Lost in Memory? Is time a measure of greatness? Yes, it is, I think. If a film is as applicable to society and the world in years to come as it is when it is made, then it must be considered great. I think. And therefore, I can't see the themes, relationships, situations and characters depicted in Lost In Translation ever losing their impact or significance. The pace of the film is beautiful; uneventful, yes--as uneventful as life itself.

My contenders for film of the decade are, in order of release date/alphabetical order...

Amores perros/Love's a Bitch
Gladiator
Memento
Traffic
Irréversible/Irreversible
Lost In Translation
Dead Man's Shoes
Incredibles, The

Mick

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91460
08/12/05 05:21 PM
08/12/05 05:21 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Quote:
Incredibles, The

Mick
I need to add that one to my list, Truly one of the best

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91461
08/12/05 07:40 PM
08/12/05 07:40 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Elephant - (Gus Van Sant;2003;USA) - ****
An observation of several teens in a high school, two of which are planning a horrible massacre.
As I said this is a painfully true film that not only works as a social commentary, but a film about pointless, innocent, deaths. The minimalist approach works brilliantly, along with the tracking shots that go with many characters. The best of 2003.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91462
08/12/05 08:43 PM
08/12/05 08:43 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Ok but who votes the winner? And when does the week "officially" end so other "contestants" can have a chance to enter?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91463
08/12/05 11:06 PM
08/12/05 11:06 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
***NOT A REVIEW OF THE WEEK NOMINEE***

Kung Fu Hustle

As most know I've been into Asian movies since the release of the Kill Bill movies. The previews for this movie didn't do anything for me even though I had heard some good things about it. I believe this is the first "Asian comedy" I've seen and I did enjoy it. The camera work (such as pan shots and certain sequences that were zoomed in) were nicely used. I also like the time period the movie was in (I'm guessing early 20th century. Possibly the 20s or 30s?). The main bad guy did a good job as well but the major flaw that I had with it was the overuse of CGI! Wow, Don Vercetti and I actually agree on something (that too much CGI can ruin a movie) and I think this is the best example I could find. I don't think the comic book movies overuse it but this seemed to. Other than The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, I think this is the movie with the most CGI in it that I've ever seen

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91464
08/13/05 07:08 AM
08/13/05 07:08 AM
Dublin, Ireland
Vito's Legacy Offline
'Family' Man
Vito's Legacy  Offline
'Family' Man
Capo
Dublin, Ireland
On the Waterfront (Third time)
Regardless of whether it was made so as it vindicate those who 'ratted' on their peers during the McCarthy era, the story of OTW - an ex-prize fighter turned longshoreman struggles to stand up to corrupt union bosses - has dated well and can now be viewed today beyond the context in the era in which it was produced in. Much has been said of Marlon Brando's preformance as longshoreman (and ex-boxer) Terry Molloy and rightfully so - Brando comes across as a complete natural in the role, and the widely renowned "I coulda been a contenda" scene is pivotal in our affection for the character, and understanding how his failed dreams got him to where he was - and Brando and Rod Steiger, playing Charley, brilliantly convey it with real heart.

As good as Brando is, it would be amiss not to mention the well-cast supporting roles, particularly Karl Malden are the morally righteous Father Barry who is continually determined to make a stand against Johnny Friendly and his gang despite all opposition. Eva Marie Saint also brings an innocent - and beautfiul - quality to her Edie Doyle, reluctantly falling for Terry at first, and comforting him in his time of need. The on-screen couple, as Terry and Edie, share a genuine chemisty. Lee J. Cobbs is also wonderfully mean-spirited and cruel as Johnny Friendly, and his final confrontation with Brando is just one of the many great moments in an emotionally up-lifting ending.

Kazan's confident direction is complimented nicely by Leonard Bernstein booming and magnificent musical score. A true classic of American cinema.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91465
08/13/05 07:14 AM
08/13/05 07:14 AM
Dublin, Ireland
Vito's Legacy Offline
'Family' Man
Vito's Legacy  Offline
'Family' Man
Capo
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Don_Andrew:
Chinatown (1974, Polanski)

"You´re a very nosy fellow, kitty-cat, huh?"

Private Eye Jake Gittes is hired by a woman to investigate her husband's alleged affair, but when the woman turns out to be a fake, Gittes becomes entangled in a huge web of corruption, fraud and crime.

Chinatown features template acting, especially on the parts of Nicholson and Dunaway. Polanski delivers an amazing film that is a timeless classic, and one of the best ever. Screen legend John Huston also gives a short but sweet performance as Mrs. Muhlray's father, the twist ending is very surprising.

*****/5

"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown."
A great crime film to be sure, but has anyone seen the sequel The Two Jakes? I've seen it on my video store shelf, and it's intrigued me everytime I look at it. Worth a look?

(And BTW, the twist in Chinatown is definitely one of the best I've seen. It genuinally succeeds as one of those "OH MY GOD! WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?!" moments).

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91466
08/13/05 07:18 AM
08/13/05 07:18 AM
Austin, TX
suspect_5 Offline
Underboss
suspect_5  Offline
Underboss
Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
***NOT A REVIEW OF THE WEEK NOMINEE***

Kung Fu Hustle

As most know I've been into Asian movies since the release of the Kill Bill movies. The previews for this movie didn't do anything for me even though I had heard some good things about it. I believe this is the first "Asian comedy" I've seen and I did enjoy it. The camera work (such as pan shots and certain sequences that were zoomed in) were nicely used. I also like the time period the movie was in (I'm guessing early 20th century. Possibly the 20s or 30s?). The main bad guy did a good job as well but the major flaw that I had with it was the overuse of CGI! Wow, Don Vercetti and I actually agree on something (that too much CGI can ruin a movie) and I think this is the best example I could find. I don't think the comic book movies overuse it but this seemed to. Other than The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, I think this is the movie with the most CGI in it that I've ever seen
The more Asian movie that you’ll watch you’ll start to notice something, they don’t care about CGI the way we do. In America it is all about how seamless can you make it how “real” can you get it to look. Whereas in Asian movies they just seem more interested in just getting a visual representation on the screen. I can’t even count how many HK or Japanese movies I’ve seen with what would be considered horrible CGI over here, it is like they don’t care. I just chalk it up to cultural differences, their films aren’t always trying to say or do the same things that you’re used to American films doing. Plus I think that it really adds to the fell of a number of films like So Close and Kung Fu Hustle where if you find yourself concerned about the look of the CGI you are really not feeling the movie like it was intended.

--------------------------------------
This signature has been sanatized for your protection - The Staff
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91467
08/13/05 07:38 AM
08/13/05 07:38 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Vito's Legacy:
[quote]Originally posted by Don_Andrew:
[b] Chinatown (1974, Polanski)

"You´re a very nosy fellow, kitty-cat, huh?"

Private Eye Jake Gittes is hired by a woman to investigate her husband's alleged affair, but when the woman turns out to be a fake, Gittes becomes entangled in a huge web of corruption, fraud and crime.

Chinatown features template acting, especially on the parts of Nicholson and Dunaway. Polanski delivers an amazing film that is a timeless classic, and one of the best ever. Screen legend John Huston also gives a short but sweet performance as Mrs. Muhlray's father, the twist ending is very surprising.

*****/5

"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown."
A great crime film to be sure, but has anyone seen the sequel The Two Jakes? I've seen it on my video store shelf, and it's intrigued me everytime I look at it. Worth a look?

(And BTW, the twist in Chinatown is definitely one of the best I've seen. It genuinally succeeds as one of those "OH MY GOD! WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?!" moments). [/b][/quote]Well, I haven't seen The Two Jakes, but I've heard that it was one of those 'uneccesary' sequels, though I need to check it out myself...

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91468
08/13/05 07:55 AM
08/13/05 07:55 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
My review of Chinatown, which I wrote for the MFA Top 100 a while back...

Chinatown
Dir. by: Roman Polanski
Year: 1974
Running time: 125 minutes

“You’re a very nosey fella, kitty-kat, huh? You know what happens to nosey fellas? Huh? No? Wanna guess? Huh? No? They lose their noses.”

1974 was a brilliant year for film. The Godfather Part II revisited many of our favourite characters and storylines, and won an Oscar for it in the process. The Conversation was released, a smaller film from Coppola but just as equally unmissable. And Roman Polanski directed the provocative, evocative, virtuoso tour de force Chinatown.

In the sun-baked, dried-out, hot and roasting pre-war Los Angeles of the 1930s, Jake Gittes (Jack Nicholson), a private eye who makes a living of snooping after straying spouses, is hired by Evelyn Mulwray to find out with whom exactly her husband is having an affair. But then he finds that he hasn’t been hired by Mrs Mulwray at all. And then, when Mister Mulwray is found dead in a reservoir, Gittes finds himself in a shadowy world full of intrigue, deceit, incest, corruption, knives, noses, and watery murders.

The labyrinthine detective-story plot of Chinatown, as complex as it is, is one of its main strengths (of which it has many). It’s one of those exceptional work-of-genius stories, reminiscent of both Chandler novels and film noir, a wonderfully woven mystery that intrigues the viewer as it twists and turns towards its unforgettable ending. Definitely one that is appreciate increasingly the more it is watched.

Nicholson is often hailed as one of the great actors, and his talent is as evident here as it would be in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975/Forman). To the streetwise private eye, he brings tremendous onscreen persona, doing whatever he can to find out what he must in order to make a living. The quick transition from his angry outburst in the barber’s to the subsequent laughing at the “screw like a Chinaman” joke is a stark example of the variety he gives the role. On the other hand, Faye Dunaway brings an exceptional complexity to the character of Evelyn Mulwray, who at first, like all film noir female leads, is the suspect, before becoming the victim—and the secret she’s hiding is very dark indeed. Huston is haunting as the deranged maniac, “a very dangerous man.”

Polanski has always been a master of setting. His deliberate direction, besides carrying along the gripping plot of personal and political graft, also captures the desperate and desolate atmosphere of 1930s LA with brilliant precision. Jerry Goldsmith’s score, albeit not seeming appropriately jazzy enough to begin with, certainly grows on you with each viewing, and is perfectly reminiscent of 1940s film noir. Even the Technicolor cinematography, which is normally contrary to film noir theory, is printed under a muted orange filter, which captures the era and setting magnificently. But it is arguably Richard Sylbert’s film. The production designer’s accuracy is apparent throughout, from the cars to the clothes, buildings both exterior and interior, even down to the barber’s chair. As brilliant as it is overall, it’s the authenticity that stands out.

And as fantastic as Robert Towne’s Oscar-winning script is as a whole, the film is made up of many overly measured memorable scenes. Look out for Polanski as the knife wielding “midget” in a tremendously menacing turn. Dunaway’s highlight comes in the “sister…daughter…sister…daughter” (slap! slap!) scene, while the orange growths pursuit is directed with manipulative surprise, as the horse chases after Gittes in his reversing car. And then there’s the ending…

Mick

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91469
08/13/05 01:04 PM
08/13/05 01:04 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Sin City

This was my 3rd time viewing this film and I think it's safe to say it's my favorite comic book movie of all time (with only the original Spider-Man being #2) and it's easily my favorite movie of 2005! The cast was excellent with Bruce Willis, Benicio Del Toro, Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Nick Stahl, Michael Madsen, etc were all great! Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez did a fantastic job directing! The script was very entertaining and added a good mix of humor to it. I couldn't find a single thing wrong with this movie and am highly anticipating it's sequel next summer. I'm waiting for the special edition to come out later this year/early next year, but for those who haven't seen it, it's DEFINITELY worth the rent!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91470
08/13/05 07:45 PM
08/13/05 07:45 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Quote:
[b]Long Lost Corleone, thank you for the Punch-Drunk Love recommendation. I've seen Hard Eight (Sydney; 1996), and it's a wonderfully staged modern film noir with a menacing foreboding, and the acting is a treat. Can't wait for you to see it. I have Boogie Nights ready to watch in my room, too.[/b]
I've yet to see Hard Eight, But I've wanted to for so long, and plan to tonight. It's the first time I've been excited to see a movie ahead of time in quite a while--Anderson has yet to dissapoint me.

As for Boogie Nights, be sure to get a watch soon. Excluding Hard Eight, as I've yet to see it, it is his second best behind Magnolia, and Magnolia is quite a hard film to beat. Anderson manages to mix a great deal of humor into Boogie, but at the same time does a wonderful job at making sure it doesn't cause the audience to overlook the great deal of emotion and drama involved. It really is one of the modern greats, which is unfortunately often ignored, as people are told about the constant comic relief and hear about the plot, and assume it's all one big joke; And it's far from that. Boogie will probably be the one time you aren't ashamed of admitting to viewing a Marky Mark film. :p And if Anderson can successfully make Whalberg act, he could make virtually anyone act.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91471
08/13/05 11:05 PM
08/13/05 11:05 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Hoop Dreams

First let me start off by saying that I didn't know this movie was a documentary (I thought it was just a regular movie). It ran a litte long (170 minutes) but I did enjoy it. It follows 2 high school basketball players who's dream it is to play in the NBA for 5 years (there freshman year in high school to there freshman year in college).

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91472
08/13/05 11:23 PM
08/13/05 11:23 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I tried to read your reviews Irishman, but they are too long. Can you just review your movies in just one sentence? Please?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91473
08/13/05 11:45 PM
08/13/05 11:45 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Just a random post whore for a moment, here's an itneresting coverart list of AFI's top 100.

http://dvdbeaver.com/film/Misc/afi100.htm#afi

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91474
08/14/05 12:37 AM
08/14/05 12:37 AM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
The AFI list is a joke. Raging Bull is 24th on the list! And Once Upon a Time in America isn't even on there at all!

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91475
08/14/05 12:41 AM
08/14/05 12:41 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Raging Bull only in the 20's? I think that's good enough for it.

The list has good/great movies, although some better ones are missing. Tootsie?!

Here's a MUCH BETTER list for movie buffs to go off of, and it's ALL films, not just American.

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_top100films.htm

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #91476
08/14/05 12:48 AM
08/14/05 12:48 AM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Interesting list...I like it a lot better than AFI's. I can understand putting Citizen Kane ahead of The Godfather in terms of American movies, but Vertigo, 2001, and The Searchers too? The only one out of those I've seen is Vertigo and while I don't think it's better than The Godfather it's definitely close. It makes me want to see those other 2.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Page 56 of 319 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull