GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 214 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,698
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,225
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,391
Posts1,060,052
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 260 of 319 1 2 258 259 260 261 262 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429665
08/27/07 09:19 PM
08/27/07 09:19 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
I don't know in what sense the word was used by RRA, but one thing I know is that the hype for Snakes on a Plane was started and sustained by internet forums. Its growing popularity before its release was largely by word of mouth. But the problem was no had seen its preview or anything. The punchline by Samuel Jackson is funny indeed, and that was the only thing people knew before watching it. That it turned out bad (IMHO) is not shocking. The director had made 'cellular' and 'Final destination 2' before this. Neither of them are considered great works. What then was the rationale behind extra hype? Plane load of snakes? Samuel Jackson's dialogue? So the hype was negative in a way. Liking the movie after watching it is not negative. It is a matter of taste. I guess.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #429687
08/27/07 11:29 PM
08/27/07 11:29 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
But I'm trying to understand what the word "geek" means and why it is used in a negative way. If I'm a fan of a movie and it makes me a "Snakes on a Plane" geek, then that's what I am. In the same sense RRA is a movie geek because he is obviously a huge fan of movies. I'm also a music geek. There are sports geeks. There are political geeks. If being a fan of something someone else doesn't like then each and every one of us are geeks.

Unless you hate everything.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429688
08/27/07 11:55 PM
08/27/07 11:55 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Unless you hate everything.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: long_lost_corleone] #429692
08/28/07 12:54 AM
08/28/07 12:54 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Emo "Hate" geek.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429693
08/28/07 01:28 AM
08/28/07 01:28 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Actually what is the definition of a geek? RRA basically said people who like Snakes on a Plane are geeks, and it was said in a negative way. What does it mean to be a geek? And why is it a bad thing?

Let me rephrase what I mean.

SNAKES ON A PLANE was hype without anything to hype with except a title.

And its nothing more than the most expensive Sci-Fi Channel Movie of the Week, and they weekly make movies that....ok, they just plain SUCK. SNAKES sucked.

I'm a movie geek, but I apparently call moronic fanboys "geeks," like my people in my region seem to call idiots "redneck," though everyone in East Tennessee is a redneck.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #429748
08/28/07 10:28 AM
08/28/07 10:28 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I watched THE QUEEN tonight... and was wondering why it wasn't titled THE QUEEN, DURING THAT WEEK (Diana died).... wtf?

I do, tho, wonder what our resident Brits thought about it....

Yet to see it JG!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #429755
08/28/07 11:07 AM
08/28/07 11:07 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I watched THE QUEEN tonight... and was wondering why it wasn't titled THE QUEEN, DURING THAT WEEK (Diana died).... wtf?

I do, tho, wonder what our resident Brits thought about it....

Yet to see it JG!

Don't bother, its shit..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: DE NIRO] #429816
08/28/07 08:23 PM
08/28/07 08:23 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
BLADES OF GLORY 1/2
(First Viewing)

In 2002, two rival Olympic ice skaters were stripped of their gold medals and permanently banned from men's single competition. Presently, however, they've found a loophole that will allow them to qualify as a pairs team.

More marketing and star power than it is a funny movie. I have to admit, the draw of both Will Ferrell and Jon Heder is tempting (especially since I enjoyed Heder's last film, the overlooked SCHOOL FOR SCOUNDRELS). And while this film has it's moments, it's not Ferrell's or Heder's finest work. Ferrell is a comic genius IMO but he didn't really show me anything new this time around.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #429825
08/28/07 08:50 PM
08/28/07 08:50 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
We watched Snakes on a Plane the other night. Yes, it was an awful movie. It was predictable. It was ridiculously far-fetched, and it's characters were about as well-developed as a roll of film unfurled in the sunlight. The dialogue was as bad as bad can get. It was all those things. And I LOVED it. I squirmed and jumped and shrieked at all the times that I was supposed to. And I laughed when I was supposed to, too. It was one of those guilty pleasures, like a Fluffernutter, and about as empty of any worth, too.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #429832
08/28/07 09:21 PM
08/28/07 09:21 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I didn't think "Snakes On A Plane" would get this much attention. I tend to agree with you SB.

I am glad I didn't pay to see it, but it was one of those predictable, corny, unbelieveable, farfetched stories that simply put, was fun to watch. \:\) Sometimes you are in the right mood and frame of mind to kick back and watch a "nothing" type movie. This was fun. The fact that I would cringe at snakes made it a little more creepy to me, even though these snakes seemed exceptionally powerful.

Back when my kids were in Middle school or so, we'd rent scary movies every weekend. After seeing the biggies, we probably saw every lousy scary movie there was, but I have fond memories of some of them and so do my girls.

One short story video (I think Stephen King with 3 stories in one)was about a lady who hits a hitchiker accidently if I'm not mistaken. The hitcher haunts her every move saying, "Thanks for the ride lady." Ha ha - corny, but every time myself or my daughter's give a ride to each other for any reason, the other always say, "thanks for the ride lady." Don't know why that stuck but it did.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #429847
08/28/07 09:52 PM
08/28/07 09:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I love doing stuff like that with the girls. One day when my oldest daughter was home sick from school, on the way home from the doctor we stopped and rented a bunch of the Halloween movies.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Sicilian Babe] #429850
08/28/07 10:09 PM
08/28/07 10:09 PM
California

California
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I love doing stuff like that with the girls. One day when my oldest daughter was home sick from school, on the way home from the doctor we stopped and rented a bunch of the Halloween movies.

Yes it is fun isn't it? We are talking about having a "girls day" soon and watching some movies they loved while growing up. I can't even tell you how many times we saw Ferris Bueller, Footloose, Pretty In Pink and all the movies of that era. I think had I had boys instead of girls, a whole different batch of movies would be in my memory.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #429851
08/28/07 10:15 PM
08/28/07 10:15 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I know what you mean. LOVE Footloose, and so does my daughter. Those days are such nice breaks from reality, aren't they??

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Sicilian Babe] #429870
08/29/07 12:23 AM
08/29/07 12:23 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
See! SB and TIS have nailed it. That's exactly what I was trying to say. Snakes on a Plane IS horrible. There's no deeper meaning to the movie. But it is still really fun in a stupid way. It is absolutely mindless which is a nice change of pace every once in a while.

For those of you who didn't like the movie, or won't watch it, I completely understand. I'm a rarity. I actually like those crappy SciFi channel monster movies. I love to laugh at how horrible the acting is, and how fake the monsters look, etc... So I enjoy the poor film making because it makes me laugh. But there's a reason those movies aren't popular, it's because they are indeed bad. And Snakes on a Plane happens to be one of the best of the bad movies.

Seriously I'm happy I'm not the only one though because I might feel the need for therapy or something.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429873
08/29/07 01:23 AM
08/29/07 01:23 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
For those of you who didn't like the movie, or won't watch it, I completely understand. I'm a rarity. I actually like those crappy SciFi channel monster movies. I love to laugh at how horrible the acting is, and how fake the monsters look, etc... So I enjoy the poor film making because it makes me laugh.

That's why I like so many of the grindhouse movies I've seen. They're so horribly done, you can't help but laugh. And do I even need to drop KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE into this discussion?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #429877
08/29/07 02:14 AM
08/29/07 02:14 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Killer Clowns from Outer Space is near the top of my Blockbuster Online list. I've never seen it. My family of course looks at the list and keeps asking me why it's so high on the list, but as soon as I say "It's one of the stupid movies I like... " they roll their eyes and say "oh one of those movies".

But yes Irish, the Grindhouse movies are basically along the same line as the B-Movie Horror flicks like the multitude of SciFi channel crap. It's fun because it's so bad.

Those who get it, get it. The rest seem to be close-minded, condescending, Oscar-loving "geeks".... or, they are people who just don't have time because life keeps them from watching crap. The latter makes more sense to me because they have families to take care of, and bills to pay.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429883
08/29/07 03:05 AM
08/29/07 03:05 AM
Tennessee
AngelaMarie Offline
Underboss
AngelaMarie  Offline
Underboss
Tennessee
I recently saw the Bourne Supremacy and was disappointed. I loved the first two films. I found it unreasonable that Bourne would want revenge on the CIA.... and we needed more on the romance between Bourne and Nicki... we hardly got to see any of that, and no flashbacks or anything! Poorly done.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: AngelaMarie] #429918
08/29/07 09:06 AM
08/29/07 09:06 AM
California

California
 Originally Posted By: AngelaMarie
I recently saw the Bourne Supremacy and was disappointed. I loved the first two films. I found it unreasonable that Bourne would want revenge on the CIA.... and we needed more on the romance between Bourne and Nicki... we hardly got to see any of that, and no flashbacks or anything! Poorly done.

I saw it a couple weeks ago and just loved it!!! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. They never showed and romantic connection between Bourne and Nicki in the previous films, as far as I'm concerned. However, in this case, I was just as happy putting romance in the back seat and allowing for all the action. Just my opinion!!!! ;\)

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/29/07 09:06 AM.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #429937
08/29/07 12:09 PM
08/29/07 12:09 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
 Originally Posted By: AngelaMarie

I saw it a couple weeks ago and just loved it!!! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. They never showed and romantic connection between Bourne and Nicki in the previous films, as far as I'm concerned. However, in this case, I was just as happy putting romance in the back seat and allowing for all the action. Just my opinion!!!! ;\)

TIS

In the original drafts, the Bourne/Nicki romance connection was made absolutely clear in that they both were an item before Bourne went amnesiac on her.

Ultimately, Greengrass was wise to dump it. Its still subtly clear in their scenes and dialogue ("You don't remember, do you?") so Greengrass can make THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM the best of the trilogy without story-junk getting in the way of the narrative. Plus, the audience at my screening LOVED Julia Stiles' smile at the end.

As for AngelaMarie's contention, I would argue this.

If Marie had lived, Bourne wouldn't have gone searching for his past. He says so in IDENTITY. But since she got skull-capped, he gets his revenge on the killer, but the pain stays. He apologizes to the poor girl whose parents he knocked off, but the pain stays.

So its part of this whole chain of events for him to get "revenge" by going home and knocking down the walls of the CIA.

Or, he's curious. Perhaps Bourne always knew that he willingly was engineered into an ass-kicking machine, but how does he know for sure? Its like those adopted kids who just can't put away trying to know who their real parents were.

But as soon as Bourne gets hooked up with the journalist, his war intensifies.

Its no longer the CIA mistakenly thinking he's gone rogue, or the CIA mistakenly thinking he killed agents in Berlin, its the inner-cabal of the CIA effectively going rogue themselves, killing anyone that gets in their way(even their own agents) and Bourne just fucks them up the ass.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #429949
08/29/07 01:32 PM
08/29/07 01:32 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
(First Viewing)

An alien (Klaatu) with his mighty robot (Gort) land their spacecraft on Cold War-era Earth just after the end of World War II. They bring an important message to the planet that Klaatu wishes to tell to representatives of all nations. However, communication turns out to be difficult, so, after learning something about the natives, Klaatu decides on an alternative approach.

One of the best science fiction movies I've ever seen. And the special effects, for 1951, were very impressive. I loved the ending where the people of Earth are left with a choice and I thought it was cut at the appropriate time. Michael Rennie was so smooth and composed as the alien Klaatu. Likewise, the robot Gort was a menace not to be trifled with, even though he didn't have a line of dialogue. When you are able to put that fear and uneasiness into the audience without diglogue, you've done your job very effectively.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #429985
08/29/07 04:14 PM
08/29/07 04:14 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
(First Viewing)

An alien (Klaatu) with his mighty robot (Gort) land their spacecraft on Cold War-era Earth just after the end of World War II. They bring an important message to the planet that Klaatu wishes to tell to representatives of all nations. However, communication turns out to be difficult, so, after learning something about the natives, Klaatu decides on an alternative approach.

One of the best science fiction movies I've ever seen. And the special effects, for 1951, were very impressive. I loved the ending where the people of Earth are left with a choice and I thought it was cut at the appropriate time. Michael Rennie was so smooth and composed as the alien Klaatu. Likewise, the robot Gort was a menace not to be trifled with, even though he didn't have a line of dialogue. When you are able to put that fear and uneasiness into the audience without diglogue, you've done your job very effectively.

Good review. Not as good as SPIDER-MAN 3, but ok. \:D

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #430018
08/29/07 08:33 PM
08/29/07 08:33 PM
California

California
[quote=ronnierocketAGO Plus, the audience at my screening LOVED Julia Stiles' smile at the end.

I didn't know whether to touch upon the ending because I didn't know if I'd spoil it, but I loved it. \:\) I was in a packed audience and you could feel the excitement/tension build as the news story about Borne was playing. Seeing Stiles face was perfect. \:\)

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/29/07 08:34 PM.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #430031
08/29/07 09:25 PM
08/29/07 09:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
[quote=ronnierocketAGO Plus, the audience at my screening LOVED Julia Stiles' smile at the end.

I didn't know whether to touch upon the ending because I didn't know if I'd spoil it, but I loved it. \:\) I was in a packed audience and you could feel the excitement/tension build as the news story about Borne was playing. Seeing Stiles face was perfect. \:\)

TIS

Well, you could simply use [spoiler] text-function, or you can do what I do: I dance around them. If someone that DIDN'T see the movie read my review, they wouldn't get it.

But someone that did? Yup they get it.

I would also add that somehow, Greengrass makes the gimmick of BOURNE ULTIMATUM being built around the New York City ending of BOURNE SUPREMACY actually work.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #430032
08/29/07 09:38 PM
08/29/07 09:38 PM
California

California
I loved when Bourne broke into the office of the CIA director that was after him and was on the phone with him. The CIA director says to Bourne that he is in his office. Bourne says, "that's not likely". When the CIA Dir. says "why", Jason says, because if you were in your office we'd be talking face to face." I don't know, I just loved the whole thing. Oh, and I agree with the NYC ending is perfect. Any movie filmed in NYC is a plus IMHO. I'm all ready for a 4th installment. \:p

TIS

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #430033
08/29/07 10:13 PM
08/29/07 10:13 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I loved when Bourne broke into the office of the CIA director that was after him and was on the phone with him. The CIA director says to Bourne that he is in his office. Bourne says, "that's not likely". When the CIA Dir. says "why", Jason says, because if you were in your office we'd be talking face to face." I don't know, I just loved the whole thing. Oh, and I agree with the NYC ending is perfect. Any movie filmed in NYC is a plus IMHO. I'm all ready for a 4th installment. \:p

TIS

On THE DAILY SHOW, Damon said that if a 4th BOURNE movie happens, it'll be called THE BOURNE REDUNDANCY.

I guess you could work something out, but its not essential. Its pretty obvious, without being pretty obvious, that the couple get back together and disapear.....Landy gets promoted probably(Director perhaps?) after helping to cause that whole cabal collapse with consequences all the way up to the White House*, and that CIA finally learns the lesson to just....try...to...fuck...with....Jason....Bourne.

*=One can only wish.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #430071
08/30/07 08:20 AM
08/30/07 08:20 AM
California

California
Of course it's not essential, and usually after three, if not even by two, sequels go downhill. I guess for me this is probably the only trilogy that I can't choose which one I like best. It'll probably be just as well to leave it at three, but money talks and this film was such a success, I think at some point there will be a 4th. Whether or not it'll continue to be successful, who knows. \:\/

TIS

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #430218
08/30/07 11:44 PM
08/30/07 11:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE CRYING GAME
(First Viewing)

An unlikely kind of friendship develops between Fergus, an Irish Republican Army volunteer, and Jody, a kidnapped British soldier lured into an IRA trap by Jude, another IRA member. When the hostage-taking ends up going horribly wrong, Fergus escapes and heads to London, where he seeks out Jody's lover, a hairdresser named Dil. Fergus adopts the name "Jimmy" and gets a job as a day laborer. He also starts seeing Dil, who knows nothing about Fergus' IRA background. But there are some things about Dil that Fergus doesn't know, either...

I will certainly take my hat off to Jaye Davidson. He gave the best female performance by a male I've ever seen. Granted the only ones coming to mind right now are Robin Williams as Euphegenia Doubtfire in MRS. DOUBTFIRE and Dustin Hoffman as Dorothy Michaels in TOOTSIE, but he still did a great job. Although I saw it coming because that was the only fact I knew about the movie going into it but it was pretty obvious as well. The first time I saw his hands onscreen I could just tell. Also, for those who have seen it, did you ever think Jody and Dil were brothers rather than lovers? In the beginning of the film we're lead to believe (or at least I was), these characters were lovers. But towards the end of the film, I saw a closeness that rather than sexual in nation was a brotherly relationship. Anyone else see that?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #430382
08/31/07 03:38 PM
08/31/07 03:38 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
The Falls *
Directed by Peter Greenaway. This is an extreme endurance test, running nearly 3 hours and 15 minutes. Like his shorts that I reviewed before, here again he narrates 92 stories of people affected by VUE(Violent Unknown Event) whose names contain the word "fall" against the backdrop of images. However, the difference is that it is not a short (infact unbearably long). Any novelty in technique is quickly offset by tiresome (although somewhat funny) narration. It is a pity, as his images (note: they are,for a good amount, static) are really beautiful and show his mastery over visual technique. Coming back to the content, it is very similar to his earlier shorts - ornithology, water bodies, flight, maps etc. He also refers to his own works many times and the film is aware of its own existence in relation to other works.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #430421
08/31/07 07:51 PM
08/31/07 07:51 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Of course it's not essential, and usually after three, if not even by two, sequels go downhill. I guess for me this is probably the only trilogy that I can't choose which one I like best. It'll probably be just as well to leave it at three, but money talks and this film was such a success, I think at some point there will be a 4th. Whether or not it'll continue to be successful, who knows. \:\/

TIS

I can see Universal trying to continue on without Greengrass and Damon, and perhaps even as a new DTV franchise.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #430591
09/01/07 03:50 PM
09/01/07 03:50 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I watched THE OUTSIDER (2005) last night, a documentary about James Toback making WHEN WILL I BE LOVED (2004, w/ Neve Campbell, Dominic Chianese, Mike Tyson), and absolutely fell in love with this non-mainstream writer/director! Not sure how I missed him until now -- he wrote Bugsy -- but his degenerate attitude is awesome! Now I gotta see all his films..... \:D Apparently he's a favorite of Harvey Keitel, who stars in FINGERS (1978) with Michael V. Gazzo

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Page 260 of 319 1 2 258 259 260 261 262 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull