GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 376 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,378
Posts1,059,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Live or Die Alfredo #9038
06/01/04 04:00 PM
06/01/04 04:00 PM
miami
Intenzo Offline OP
Capo
Intenzo  Offline OP
Capo
miami
We all know what Michael does in thee end of GF2 but i just what to see what all of you would have done.

Live

or

Die

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Re: Live or Die Alfredo #9039
06/02/04 12:01 PM
06/02/04 12:01 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
I assume by Alfredo, you mean Fredo, whose real name was Frederico.Anyhoo, he deserved to die, for reasons I, and many other members, have stated many times. He could never accept his place under his younger brother. Enemies would figure this out, and use Fredo as a way to get to Mike, and Fredo would always want to get ahead of his brother.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Live or Die Alfredo #9040
06/05/04 12:59 AM
06/05/04 12:59 AM
Rhode Island
AllAboutTheFamily Offline
Made Member
AllAboutTheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Rhode Island
Very true, DSC, Fredo was very weak and dumb, but killing good old Fredisco was the begining of the downfall of the Corleone family.

Yes, Fredo almost got his brother killed, and yes Fredo would always be jealous, but he was Micheal's brother, and unless Fredo directly held a gun to Micheal's head, killing your brother is going to far.

When Micheal found out Fredo was the traitor, he should have spoken with Fredo about it. Not yell at, or argue with with, just speak with him. Then Micheal would find out that Fredo was a victim too-Fredo had many problems going for him.

Now don't get me wrong, Fredo was a weak link and staying in the family would definately not work. But, if I was Micheal, I would keep him as a brother but out of the family. Kind of like what Sonny did to Micheal, in the beginning. Fredo would have no part in any business, and probably would hardly really talk with Micheal, but it would leave for a much happier ending.

But then again, The Godfather would not be The Godfather, if it was full of happy endings. And come on, who here really would think that Micheal would like to talk his assasination attempt out?

But anyway, thats just what I would have done, if I had been in his situation.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun."-Billy Joel
Re: Live or Die Alfredo #9041
06/05/04 03:22 AM
06/05/04 03:22 AM
Toronto, Canada
UnderBoss Offline
Capo
UnderBoss  Offline
Capo
Toronto, Canada
Good point AATF, personally, I think it was Michael's mania that caused him to do this. He was convinced of his ideology "Kill them all and let God sort them out", but it shows how this ideology being inflexible would not work. Vito by contrast would have come up with a more amicable solution no doubt being reasonable and just and been more patient and informed about his decision. This I think is one major difference between Vito and Michael.

Re: Live or Die Alfredo #9042
06/08/04 03:20 PM
06/08/04 03:20 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
Well since Michael was filled with regret in Part 3, I think, and his character thinks, he should have let him live.

Even though Fredo was in a plot to have Mike killed - there is a debate to whether or not he knew that Michael was going to be assassinated.

"I killed my father's son."

That says it all. I like that the movie killed him off to add to the moral struggle, but I would have let him live. He is my brother after all. I would have kept him out of the family. Kind of like a witness protection thing.

Re: Live or Die Alfredo #9043
06/08/04 05:21 PM
06/08/04 05:21 PM
Rhode Island
AllAboutTheFamily Offline
Made Member
AllAboutTheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Rhode Island
Originally posted by DeathByClotheshanger:
Well since Michael was filled with regret in Part 3, I think, and his character thinks, he should have let him live.

Even though Fredo was in a plot to have Mike killed - there is a debate to whether or not he knew that Michael was going to be assassinated.

"I killed my father's son."

That says it all. I like that the movie killed him off to add to the moral struggle, but I would have let him live. He is my brother after all. I would have kept him out of the family. Kind of like a witness protection thing.
No doubt, Micheal hated himself for killing Fredo. It sure makes a good addition to the storyline, but had I been Don...

I just realized that, if I was Don, I might have killed Fredo.

If I was just an average joe off the street, well I would never have killed my own brother. But Micheal was no average Joe off the street. He was in charge of the most powerful, should I say, business in the country. He grew up knowing that if he had a problem, killing everyone involved would make the problem go away. Now, of couse Vito was not like that, but he was ruthless in many ways. He killed people and growing up in that environment can do a lot to a child. You can't blame Micheal entirely, but you can still blame him for a lot.

You see, If I was Don, I would probably be ruthless. I would have no problem killing people, and if I had a brother like Fredo, killing him would be no big problem. Of course, its not every day that even a Don kills his brother, but its not everyday that a Don's brother tries to kill him.

Many people expect Dons to be gentle, nice people, like Vito was showed in many ways. But Dons are not like that. Now, okay, Micheal was probably more ruthless then many Dons, but not as much as most people would expect.

I don't know, I don't personally know anybody in the mafia, but if you really look at it, its true.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun."-Billy Joel

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull