GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 273 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,106
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8841
05/27/04 01:02 PM
05/27/04 01:02 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline OP
goombah  Offline OP

Anytown, USA
In Part III while in Sicily, Michael & Kay have a good, long talk and "clear the air" about their past. Michael explains himself to Kay and the reasons for his actions that we see in GFII. While I don't believe that they would have gotten back together as a couple, I do believe they were both doing a lot toward mending their relationship. Then Calo comes in to deliver the news of Tommasino's murder to Michael. Kay witnesses the exchange and knows that Michael is okaying Calo to avenge Tommasino's murderer. She comments, "It never ends."

Even worse, I would venture to say that Kay most likely blamed Mary's death on Michael, at least to some degree.

My question is had these two events not occurred, do you think Michael & Kay would have had a civil relationship again? I doubt that Kay would have left her 2nd husband, but it was obvious that she still had strong feelings for Michael. We are left to assume that Michael probably rarely, if ever, heard from Kay again since the time of Mary's death to Michael's death at the end of the film.

Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8842
05/27/04 01:16 PM
05/27/04 01:16 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
In my opinion their relationship is already mended by the time the movie begins. In his letter we hear him reciting to his children at the opening, he mentions that their schooling had been managed by their mother. Also, Kay is a guest at the reception following his being honored by the church. They somewhat reasonably discuss their concern for lives & futures of their children. Far different attitude from the 15-20 years earlier when Michael didn't even want to see her face. They are no longer in love, but have already reconciled.

And of COURSE Kay blames Michael for Mary's death, and rightfully so...don't you see that look she gives him?

But of course...all of this stuff, including Michael's 'It wasn't me, Kay...' speech...was manufactured specifically to ensure Diane Keaton a prominent role in the movie. For it to even remotely succeed, they had to have as many of the original cast present as possible.

Oh, if only they had given Duvall the salary he wanted!!! But I digress...

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8843
05/27/04 03:03 PM
05/27/04 03:03 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by goombah:
I doubt that Kay would have left her 2nd husband, but it was obvious that she still had strong feelings for Michael. We are left to assume that Michael probably rarely, if ever, heard from Kay again since the time of Mary's death to Michael's death at the end of the film.
I agree 100%.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8844
05/27/04 03:30 PM
05/27/04 03:30 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline OP
goombah  Offline OP

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
In my opinion their relationship is already mended by the time the movie begins. In his letter we hear him reciting to his children at the opening, he mentions that their schooling had been managed by their mother. Also, Kay is a guest at the reception following his being honored by the church. They somewhat reasonably discuss their concern for lives & futures of their children. Far different attitude from the 15-20 years earlier when Michael didn't even want to see her face. They are no longer in love, but have already reconciled.Apple
I don't think they were on good terms at the beginning of III. Mainly because Kay was very bitter toward Michael and that they hadn't seen each other in 8 years. Kay talks about dreading Michael and how Michael's life was a sham. She scolded Michael, "This is greatness? You know Michael, now that you’re so respectable I think you’re more dangerous than you ever were. In fact, I preferred you when you were just a common Mafia hood."

Not until Michael agrees to let Anthony go pursue the musical career does Kay even act civil toward Michael.

Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8845
05/27/04 04:09 PM
05/27/04 04:09 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I think the scenes between Pacino and Keaton are the best in the movie.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8846
05/27/04 05:06 PM
05/27/04 05:06 PM
Rhode Island
AllAboutTheFamily Offline
Made Member
AllAboutTheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Rhode Island
Kay and Micheal loved each other. The always did and always will. Both of them, deep down inside know that but its these things that Micheal has grown up with, these values that make him, only on the outside, a ruthless killer. In GF3, I don't think Kay likes Micheal any less when she sees him close the door on her again, she just was remided that, well once a corleone, always a corleone. At the end though, Micheal is out of the business and at the opera, you can really see them getting along. If Kay hadn't been married, I do think a strong realtionship would have formed. However, when Mary was shot, Kay probably did feel a lot worse about the business. Kay, all these years in the mafia life, never really lost a loved one and this probably hit her like a cannon. But Kay had to realize Micheal's struggle to get out of the business...but the facts are, she didn't.

But anyway, I do believe that if Mary's death hadn't occered thenm they would be extremely close friends.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun."-Billy Joel
Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8847
05/28/04 03:04 PM
05/28/04 03:04 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
I alway's thought that Kay and Michael are "soul mates" but they are incompatable in living together. Each of them hates the idea of one hating the other. In all, I don't think they would ever get together.

Although Mike is essentionally a loner and somewhat selfish, Kay knows that Michael loves his children, but she never knew to the extent until she saw Mike craddle Mary in his arms and yelled out. I don't think Kay blames Mike for her death because it is obvious that the bullet was meant for Michael, not Mary. Plus she commented to Mike how "dangerous" is it for him to be in Sicily.

Send the car for me too, mama
Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8848
05/29/04 06:54 PM
05/29/04 06:54 PM
pacino'sgirl Offline
Wiseguy
pacino'sgirl  Offline
Wiseguy
i agree. i think micheal and kay were soulmates. i also think keaton and pacino are too but thats another topic(its sad they couldnt have worked it out in real life.) i do think that if kay wasnt married to douglas that they would have eventually got back together. i think in an odd way mary's death might have brought them either closer/ or farther apart. they still had anthony so they were still going to be at events for him. also no one else would understand what kay was going through better than micheal and vice versa. cause no one can truly understand what its like to loose a child unless you have experienced that tragedy.

Michael Corleone: My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
Kay Adams: What was that?
Michael Corleone: Luca Brasi, held a gun to his head, and my father assured him, that either his brain or his signature would be on the contract.
Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8849
05/31/04 01:14 PM
05/31/04 01:14 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
Originally posted by pacino'sgirl:
i agree. i think micheal and kay were soulmates. i also think keaton and pacino are too but thats another topic(its sad they couldnt have worked it out in real life.) i do think that if kay wasnt married to douglas that they would have eventually got back together. i think in an odd way mary's death might have brought them either closer/ or farther apart. they still had anthony so they were still going to be at events for him. also no one else would understand what kay was going through better than micheal and vice versa. cause no one can truly understand what its like to loose a child unless you have experienced that tragedy.
I agree.

Send the car for me too, mama
Re: Were Michael & Kay on the way to reconciliation? #8850
06/06/04 01:45 AM
06/06/04 01:45 AM
washington dc
sonof70s Offline
Button
sonof70s  Offline
Button
washington dc
Michael and Kay spoke openly about many things in Sicily, including Apollonia. Had Kay (and Mary and Anthony) known about Apollonia all along, or do you suppose they were learning about her for the first time?

"...for old times' sake?"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull