GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (U talkin' da me ??, chin_gigante), 215 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,438
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? #1087357
04/09/24 11:43 AM
04/09/24 11:43 AM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
We know that many mob guys love to drink, its part of the lifestyle. Go out with the guys, hang out in social clubs, get fucked up and chase women.

But on the other hand, there have been some guys that chose not to drink. Could have been that they felt it was bad for business, or maybe they just didn't like how it made them feel.

Anyone come to mind that you can think of? Michael Franzese seems like the type of guy that wouldn't have consumed alcohol very often.

What about Gotti? Was he a big drinker?

Anthony Casso from what I remember hardly ever drank alcohol unless he was out for dinner with his wife. Never mixed business with getting drunk.

Last edited by RushStreet; 04/09/24 12:09 PM.
Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087358
04/09/24 12:08 PM
04/09/24 12:08 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Sonny Franzese supposedly wasn't a big drinker.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: MafiaStudent] #1087359
04/09/24 12:11 PM
04/09/24 12:11 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by MafiaStudent

In that business I honestly think it would be stupid to drink anything that messes with your judgement and awareness of what is going on around you.

Some guys can handle the booze and still be in control. But for many, it just isn't a wise choice.

I know its a fucking movie but lets look at HEAT as an example. Robert Deniro's character never consumed alcohol and always hung out in diners drinking coffee for a reason.

Last edited by RushStreet; 04/09/24 12:13 PM.
Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087360
04/09/24 12:13 PM
04/09/24 12:13 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Originally Posted by RushStreet

In that business I honestly think it would be stupid to drink anything that messes with your judgement and awareness of what is going on around you.

Some guys can handle the booze and still be in control. But for many, it just isn't a wise choice.

Totally agree with that.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: MafiaStudent] #1087361
04/09/24 12:17 PM
04/09/24 12:17 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss

Totally agree with that.

Plus brings unwanted attention onto yourself. How about if you get pulled over and busted for a DUI or an alcohol related offense? It makes you vulnerable and a liability that you may end up being a RAT.

Thats a broken fuckin rule in my opinion to put yourself in that situation.

This is what brought down Tommy Pitera. Frank Gangi was arrested for DUI and ended up talking and ratting.

Last edited by RushStreet; 04/09/24 12:30 PM.
Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087365
04/09/24 02:55 PM
04/09/24 02:55 PM
G
Giacomo Offline
Made Member
Giacomo  Offline
G
Made Member

Totally agree with that.

Plus brings unwanted attention onto yourself. How about if you get pulled over and busted for a DUI or an alcohol related offense? It makes you vulnerable and a liability that you may end up being a RAT.

Thats a broken fuckin rule in my opinion to put yourself in that situation.

This is what brought down Tommy Pitera. Frank Gangi was arrested for DUI and ended up talking and ratting.

Same with Chuckie Merlino in Philly. Got busted for DUI down the shore, tried to bribe the cop by giving him his gold watch, got nailed for both the DUI and bribery.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087366
04/09/24 03:07 PM
04/09/24 03:07 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
Chuckie Merlino is a good example. He was demoted from his underboss position because of his heavy drinking.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087367
04/09/24 03:14 PM
04/09/24 03:14 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Italy's Toto Riina and Serbia's Arkan...still, two of the most ruthless crime bosses that ever existed on international level....

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087368
04/09/24 03:19 PM
04/09/24 03:19 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
If a guy is drinking too much and making bad decisions I'd have to say at one time I'd have to have someone get rid of him. Just way too much of a risk to keep him around.

Even if you demote him that isn't going to stop him from going around like a fucking moron and getting fucked up. Too much of a liability.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: Toodoped] #1087369
04/09/24 03:26 PM
04/09/24 03:26 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Toodoped
Italy's Toto Riina and Serbia's Arkan...still, two of the most ruthless crime bosses that ever existed on international level....

There are also plenty of Islamic crime bosses who never drink or maybe some wine (haram)

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: Hollander] #1087370
04/09/24 03:33 PM
04/09/24 03:33 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
If a guy is drinking too much and making bad decisions I'd have to say at one time I'd have to have someone get rid of him. Just way too much of a risk to keep him around.

Even if you demote him that isn't going to stop him from going around like a fucking moron and getting fucked up. Too much of a liability.

Well, one of Chicago's most infamous bosses Jack Cerone was an abusive alcoholic (even the feds knew) but still, he was a capo since the late 1940's until he became official boss in 1967 and later he was underboss until his imprisonment in 1986, although back in 1970 he had to take the fall for Ricca and went to jail.....

Originally Posted by Hollander

There are also plenty of Islamic crime bosses who never drink or maybe some wine (haram)

Lol thats true, although I personally never heard about a non-drinking (muslim) Albanian crime boss....terrorist leaders maybe, but not crime leaders....for example, one known Albanian muslim crime boss from the village of Grchec was arrested in Dubai few days ago and his main picture is while being in some restaurant and holding a huge glass of cognac

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087371
04/09/24 03:38 PM
04/09/24 03:38 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Yes it's probably one of the most broken rules in Islam. Alcohol in the Arab world is often a shadowy affair of secret backstreet liquor stores and breweries run by Christians, I read . But compromises ensure that both drinkers and non-drinkers are served.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: Hollander] #1087372
04/09/24 03:43 PM
04/09/24 03:43 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Yes it's probably one of the most broken rules in Islam. Alcohol in the Arab world is often a shadowy affair of secret backstreet liquor stores and breweries run by Christians, I read . But compromises ensure that both drinkers and non-drinkers are served.

Thats also spot on since their legacy and youth accepted the Christian/western type of life and right now their main problem is also cocaine, smack, hookers and booze. Currently the world's best hookers are in Dubai (including famous singers, actresses etc.) possibly because most of the crime bosses from around the world hide in that same area...

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087373
04/09/24 03:45 PM
04/09/24 03:45 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Let's be honest; alcohol is poison. If you enjoy a drink and if you want to drink, that's entirely up to you. I rarely consume alcohol, but every once in a while I'll have a drink myself as well. But if you're being honest and you cut the crap you'll have to admit that alcohol is something that actively poisons you. When you're sober and you're around someone who even had a slight drink too many it's clear to see that the person in case is functioning on even less than a third of his/her normal mental as well as physical capacity. It's just painful to watch. I've known plenty of people that are quite intelligent while sober, but who turn into absolutely pitiful mentally impaired morons after only a few drinks.

I realize I'm coming across like some kind of anti-alcohol activist, but I'm not and I still do have a drink myself every now and then. I just like to call it out for what it is: poisonous garbage. And when I'm sober I find it easier to deal with people that are high on cocaine than it is to deal with someone who had a few drinks.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: Hollander] #1087374
04/09/24 03:51 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss

Lol I've come across many criminals from a Muslim background throughout the years (Moroccan, Turkish, Kurdish, Albanian, Algerian) and I don't think I've met one that didn't drink alcohol. Most were high on weed half of the time and more than a handful snorted almost as much coke as they were selling.
Go to for instance a Moroccan wedding and you'll find a strict traditional wedding going on indoors while young hoods are getting drunk outside on the parking lot from liquor they hid in the trunk of their car lol.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1087375
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Let's be honest; alcohol is poison. If you enjoy a drink and if you want to drink, that's entirely up to you. I rarely consume alcohol, but every once in a while I'll have a drink myself as well. But if you're being honest and you cut the crap you'll have to admit that alcohol is something that actively poisons you. When you're sober and you're around someone who even had a slight drink too many it's clear to see that the person in case is functioning on even less than a third of his/her normal mental as well as physical capacity. It's just painful to watch. I've known plenty of people that are quite intelligent while sober, but who turn into absolutely pitiful mentally impaired morons after only a few drinks.

I realize I'm coming across like some kind of anti-alcohol activist, but I'm not and I still do have a drink myself every now and then. I just like to call it out for what it is: poisonous garbage. And when I'm sober I find it easier to deal with people that are high on cocaine than it is to deal with someone who had a few drinks.

Plenty of personal Relationships have been ruined due to the fact that decision making becomes seriously fucked up under the influence for many. It happens every single day in the world in regards to alcohol.

My grandfather and grandmother opened a bar together. He was drinking and giving away all the profits so she gave him the choice to quit drinking or get a divorce. He literally would have an entire bar of people and buy them rounds all night long without charging them.

Last edited by RushStreet; 04/09/24 03:53 PM.
Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1087376
04/09/24 03:55 PM
04/09/24 03:55 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

Nicely said and I personally agree with your statement. But I drink 3 to 4 beers almost everyday and so does that make me an alcoholic? In some way "yes", and in other way "no". Drinking hard liquor or wine every day is poison as you already said and its only a matter of time when someone will end up six feet underground, but believe it or not some people really function under the influence of booze. For example, again believe it or not, the world's best surgeons and pilots are mainly heavy drinkers. Again, I agree on everything you said but I have to disagree on the booze vs cocaine situation. You can never see a drunk guy having an epileptic seizure in front of you and also blood coming out from his nose, while on the other hand...I think you know what Im saying?!

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1087377
04/09/24 03:57 PM
04/09/24 03:57 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Lol I've come across many criminals from a Muslim background throughout the years (Moroccan, Turkish, Kurdish, Albanian, Algerian) and I don't think I've met one that didn't drink alcohol. Most were high on weed half of the time and more than a handful snorted almost as much coke as they were selling.
Go to for instance a Moroccan wedding and you'll find a strict traditional wedding going on indoors while young hoods are getting drunk outside on the parking lot from liquor they hid in the trunk of their car lol.

Haha when they are back in Marrakesh, Casablanca or Istanbul it's the same or even worse with all that hashish.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087378
04/09/24 04:03 PM
04/09/24 04:03 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss

Plenty of personal Relationships have been ruined due to the fact that decision making becomes seriously fucked up under the influence for many. It happens every single day in the world in regards to alcohol.

My grandfather and grandmother opened a bar together. He was drinking and giving away all the profits so she gave him the choice to quit drinking or get a divorce. He literally would have an entire bar of people and buy them rounds all night long without charging them.

Impulse control goes to shit on alcohol. My uncle was a big time alcoholic. Guy was loaded with cash, but the idiot spent all of his money on gambling, hookers and BMW's (he managed to crash about seven times - and I mean crashed as in totaled).

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: Toodoped] #1087380
04/09/24 04:12 PM
04/09/24 04:12 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss

Nicely said and I personally agree with your statement. But I drink 3 to 4 beers almost everyday and so does that make me an alcoholic? In some way "yes", and in other way "no". Drinking hard liquor or wine every day is poison as you already said and its only a matter of time when someone will end up six feet underground, but believe it or not some people really function under the influence of booze. For example, again believe it or not, the world's best surgeons and pilots are mainly heavy drinkers. Again, I agree on everything you said but I have to disagree on the booze vs cocaine situation. You can never see a drunk guy having an epileptic seizure in front of you and also blood coming out from his nose, while on the other hand...I think you know what Im saying?!

I do agree that some types of drinks are worse than others. And some people certainly can hold their drink better than others.
For instance, you ever had to deal with a woman who had two glasses of port wine? It's like she turns over-emotional while at the same time acting like she's in some kind of zombified state. It's horrible.
Dealing with your average guy who downed half a bottle of liquor is even worse. Many turn into drooling bumbling wrecks that are a spasm away from pissing and shitting their pants at the same time. Just pitiful.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087384
04/09/24 04:21 PM
04/09/24 04:21 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Light beer for me such as Michelob Ultras always seem to keep me well grounded and never have any issues with impulse control.

If I start doing shots, well Im a loose cannon. I can't remember the last time I did shots as they also make me feel horrible the next day.

Last edited by RushStreet; 04/09/24 04:22 PM.
Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1087385
04/09/24 04:25 PM
04/09/24 04:25 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

I do agree that some types of drinks are worse than others. And some people certainly can hold their drink better than others.
For instance, you ever had to deal with a woman who had two glasses of port wine? It's like she turns over-emotional while at the same time acting like she's in some kind of zombified state. It's horrible.
Dealing with your average guy who downed half a bottle of liquor is even worse. Many turn into drooling bumbling wrecks that are a spasm away from pissing and shitting their pants at the same time. Just pitiful.

Lol +1 especially about drunk women and drunk guys pissing in their pants

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087387
04/09/24 04:32 PM
04/09/24 04:32 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Light beer for me such as Michelob Ultras always seem to keep me well grounded and never have any issues with impulse control.

If I start doing shots, well Im a loose cannon. I can't remember the last time I did shots as they also make me feel horrible the next day.

Beer cant get you in trouble (im talking about 5 or 6), but 10 shots of tequila sometimes can take you to the lowest point of your life

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087388
04/09/24 04:45 PM
04/09/24 04:45 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

If you are young you want to try everything, I live in a university town our future "elite" drink a lot lol.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: Toodoped] #1087389
04/09/24 04:53 PM
04/09/24 04:53 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss

Beer cant get you in trouble (im talking about 5 or 6), but 10 shots of tequila sometimes can take you to the lowest point of your life

Almost impossible to lose control on 5 or 6 beers. I don't drink that much anyway, usually just 2-3.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087441
04/10/24 02:58 PM
04/10/24 02:58 PM
I
Iceveins Offline
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline
I
Made Member
Carmine Galante rarely drank.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: Iceveins] #1087442
04/10/24 03:12 PM
04/10/24 03:12 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Iceveins

Isn't it interesting that most of the best mob guys never were big drinkers? That tells you something.

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087467
04/11/24 06:40 AM
04/11/24 06:40 AM
Stockholm
G
goldhawkroad Offline
Made Member
goldhawkroad  Offline
G
Made Member
Stockholm
Anthony Mirra didnt touch the stuff and he was a huge earner for the Bonnanos in his day. Also as viscious as they come. Not a boss I know..

Last edited by goldhawkroad; 04/11/24 06:58 AM.
Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: Hollander] #1087470
04/11/24 09:32 AM
04/11/24 09:32 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
If you are young you want to try everything

Speak for yourself. Most of my friends growing up stuck to alcohol. I don't think any of them actually tried coke or any of the super hard stuff. You sound like you grew up around a bunch of losers

Re: Mob bosses who chose not to drink alcohol?? [Re: RushStreet] #1087471
04/11/24 09:34 AM
04/11/24 09:34 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Iceveins

Isn't it interesting that most of the best mob guys never were big drinkers? That tells you something.

The same applies to successful people for the most part. They are not big drinkers. The only exceptions are the porn industry and the music industry lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull