GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,424
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: RushStreet] #1084984
03/08/24 11:00 AM
03/08/24 11:00 AM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
You mean 40+ people and indictments every couple years?

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: Mafia101] #1084985
03/08/24 11:04 AM
03/08/24 11:04 AM
B
Big_Tuna93 Offline
Capo
Big_Tuna93  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted by Mafia101
You mean 40+ people and indictments every couple years?

No.

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: RushStreet] #1084986
03/08/24 12:31 PM
03/08/24 12:31 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Merlino just put up a new episode last night, so the podcast is still going on.

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: RushStreet] #1084987
03/08/24 12:37 PM
03/08/24 12:37 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Here is the Youtube clip of the new episode, Merlino's co host's uncle, who seems a bit crazy, was the guest. I like Merlino and support the podcast and what he is doing, but I think they are all a bit crazy. Merlino mentions his father walking into the kitchen of their home and sticking a fork in his head, and says "You can't do that to kids nowadays" as if having a fork stuck in his head as a kid was a good thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPIT9QBrsc

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: jace] #1084990
03/08/24 02:29 PM
03/08/24 02:29 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
Here is the Youtube clip of the new episode, Merlino's co host's uncle, who seems a bit crazy, was the guest. I like Merlino and support the podcast and what he is doing, but I think they are all a bit crazy. Merlino mentions his father walking into the kitchen of their home and sticking a fork in his head, and says "You can't do that to kids nowadays" as if having a fork stuck in his head as a kid was a good thing!

It should tell you a lot about his character. Everyone has good in them, but a lot of these die hard street guys have sort of lost their humanity. He's a perfect example of that

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: jace] #1085031
03/08/24 09:02 PM
03/08/24 09:02 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Here is the Youtube clip of the new episode, Merlino's co host's uncle, who seems a bit crazy, was the guest.

He’s got a button

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: RushStreet] #1085033
03/08/24 09:34 PM
03/08/24 09:34 PM
South Jersey
S
ShotgunTheRifle Offline
Button
ShotgunTheRifle  Offline
S
Button
South Jersey
LOL 0 - 2 Rush.

First with the Merlino retired thread and then claiming the the podcast is off.

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: Giacalone] #1085042
03/08/24 10:47 PM
03/08/24 10:47 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacalone

It should tell you a lot about his character. Everyone has good in them, but a lot of these die hard street guys have sort of lost their humanity. He's a perfect example of that

But Giacalone, he thinks it was good that his father was rough with him, in the same way he thinks it was good that the nuns he had in school as a kid used to hit him and the other kids on the hand with rulers. He says it because he says we lack discipline in bringing up kids these days. Now, obviously, it did not work on him, but he seems oblivious to that. He has very conservative views on things, making him in an odd way in line with the people who would tend to want him in prison. HIs father sticking him with a fork------that to me is way off, but he acts like it was normal. At least that was my impression, the comment went by fast in the podcast. He also still needs a better microphone. He better stick a fork in the sound engineers head if this continues. wink

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: jace] #1085043
03/08/24 11:06 PM
03/08/24 11:06 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss

But Giacalone, he thinks it was good that his father was rough with him, in the same way he thinks it was good that the nuns he had in school as a kid used to hit him and the other kids on the hand with rulers. He says it because he says we lack discipline in bringing up kids these days. Now, obviously, it did not work on him, but he seems oblivious to that. He has very conservative views on things, making him in an odd way in line with the people who would tend to want him in prison. HIs father sticking him with a fork------that to me is way off, but he acts like it was normal. At least that was my impression, the comment went by fast in the podcast. He also still needs a better microphone. He better stick a fork in the sound engineers head if this continues. wink

I agree with you 100%. I also agree with Joey that kids today lack discipline, but I disagree with him that violence is the way to go. Joey had a nutty dad and a nutty mother. It really is no wonder he is the way he is, but it's hard to blame him. To him, violence is normal. He was smacked every single fucking day by this mother. He said so himself.

If he had grown up with parents who had shown him a little more love, he would've never chosen the street life. He'd probably be one of the biggest stand-up comics in the nation. The guy is hilarious. I mean that as a compliment

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: Giacalone] #1085055
03/09/24 07:47 AM
03/09/24 07:47 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss

I agree with you 100%. I also agree with Joey that kids today lack discipline, but I disagree with him that violence is the way to go. Joey had a nutty dad and a nutty mother. It really is no wonder he is the way he is, but it's hard to blame him. To him, violence is normal. He was smacked every single fucking day by this mother. He said so himself.

If he had grown up with parents who had shown him a little more love, he would've never chosen the street life. He'd probably be one of the biggest stand-up comics in the nation. The guy is hilarious. I mean that as a compliment

Oh please! Everyone should be beaten as a child. This is how you learn and become a decent human being. My father used to beat me with a hammer wrapped in cloth

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: RushStreet] #1085161
03/10/24 08:23 AM
03/10/24 08:23 AM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Suspected Philadelphia mob boss Joseph (Skinny Joey) Merlino’s firestorm-starting podcast, The Skinny, will no longer be financed by Hollywood actor Kevin Connolly (Entourage, The Notebook) and his Action Park Media company. What this means for the future of the buzzy pod is unclear at this moment.

On-line personality Jeff Nadu, formerly of Barstool Sports, broke the news of the Merlino and Connolly camps parting ways Tuesday afternoon on his The Sitdown true-crime socials. Merlino, who lives in Florida these days and claims to be retired from his time as a mafia shot caller, shocked the masses back in the late summer when he teamed with Action Park Media to launch his pod and social-media brand.

https://gangsterreport.com/breaking...siness-relationship-how-is-pod-effected/

I have to think that they don’t need Connolly’s money to record a show. They could do this in their basements.
Yes they might not travel around and rent fancy cars, but surely they can press record and do a little editing and post videos.
If Joey is enjoying the attention and sees how he can make money with these shows, he will absolutely continue.

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: RushStreet] #1085170
03/10/24 02:22 PM
03/10/24 02:22 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
The assertion that Merlino was told to end the podcast or that Connoly was approached is total bullshit. He didnt need Connoly any longer and wants to be on his own. Although he and Connoly are cool with each other.

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: RushStreet] #1085175
03/10/24 03:56 PM
03/10/24 03:56 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
I agree with Lenox 100 percent.

Last edited by Scalish; 03/10/24 03:57 PM.
Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: RushStreet] #1085214
03/10/24 09:06 PM
03/10/24 09:06 PM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
I agree with Lenox also, it’s a good podcast and doesn’t need Connoly.

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: Millspgh] #1085249
03/11/24 01:29 PM
03/11/24 01:29 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Millspgh

He doesn't need anyone, but quality productions usually cost a little bit. It can be extremely beneficial to have a backer

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: Giacalone] #1085250
03/11/24 01:39 PM
03/11/24 01:39 PM
B
Brovelli Online content
Made Member
Brovelli  Online Content
B
Made Member
Originally Posted by Millspgh

He doesn't need anyone, but quality productions usually cost a little bit. It can be extremely beneficial to have a backer

I know nothing for sure but I would assume the production is paying him to do the podcast and they then want to cash in on advertising. Without production they’d be getting paid themselves so as long as they can be bothered to go out and seek advertisers themselves they can do fine.

Re: Joey Merlino's Podcast cut off. [Re: ChiTown] #1085449
03/13/24 05:28 PM
03/13/24 05:28 PM
G
Giacomo Offline
Made Member
Giacomo  Offline
G
Made Member
Merlino is 62.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull