GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (furio_from_naples, Toodoped, Turnbull), 356 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,427
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Merlino show getting better [Re: Lenox] #1084648
03/03/24 07:38 PM
03/03/24 07:38 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Merlino knows a lot of things, but he will never tell, to avoid being labelled as a rat. Since he doesn't want to share any information about the mob, what's the appeal of his podcasts to people interested in the subject? No idea...

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Merlino show getting better [Re: Dwalin2011] #1084670
03/03/24 09:11 PM
03/03/24 09:11 PM
B
Brovelli Offline
Made Member
Brovelli  Offline
B
Made Member
Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
Merlino knows a lot of things, but he will never tell, to avoid being labelled as a rat. Since he doesn't want to share any information about the mob, what's the appeal of his podcasts to people interested in the subject? No idea...

I'm interested just by the nature of this being pretty significant with the only "active" made member to speak publicly. He's probably never going to say anything of any real substance but I'll give it a listen now and again in case he slips up lol. Some people are loving on him, in my opinion because they dream of being gangsters and idolize him.

Re: Merlino show getting better [Re: Brovelli] #1084671
03/03/24 09:14 PM
03/03/24 09:14 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Brovelli

I'm interested just by the nature of this being pretty significant with the only "active" made member to speak publicly. He's probably never going to say anything of any real substance but I'll give it a listen now and again in case he slips up lol. Some people are loving on him, in my opinion because they dream of being gangsters and idolize him.

. Honestly I don’t know why some would pick Joey to idolize. I mean two of his “highlights” was getting shot in the ass and that his wife was banging other street guys in full view. Not exactly a great legacy

Re: Merlino show getting better [Re: Lenox] #1084672
03/03/24 09:19 PM
03/03/24 09:19 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Stanfa is still alive at 83 now serving at FCI Schuylkill in Minersville, Pennsylvania.

Most recent pic of Giovanni.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hollander; 03/03/24 09:31 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Merlino show getting better [Re: JCrusher] #1084675
03/03/24 09:54 PM
03/03/24 09:54 PM
B
Brovelli Offline
Made Member
Brovelli  Offline
B
Made Member
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by Brovelli

. Honestly I don’t know why some would pick Joey to idolize. I mean two of his “highlights” was getting shot in the ass and that his wife was banging other street guys in full view. Not exactly a great legacy

I don’t know if it’s specific to Joey or if any mobster on the planet started a podcast they would lap it up. No opinion on him from me one way or the other but I do find him funny, got that quick wit you’d expect

Re: Merlino show getting better [Re: Lenox] #1084683
03/03/24 11:02 PM
03/03/24 11:02 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I see the word "Idolize" is the key word of the haters. Go ahead, but the Merlino podcast is great. I don't worship anyone, but I love the interviews. I don't know why others like it too, but for me I like seeing the view from the other side,
WHICH WE HAVE NEVER GOTTEN TO HEAR. We hear form rats who work for the government, we hear from reporters and podcasters who get everything they know from prosecutors and rats, but this time we hear the other side, and it reveals plenty.

Why do people hate it? Do you all want to go on through life hearing only one side, or are you on that side yourself. I think many people have swallowed anything the government told them and it's gotten into their heads so strongly they can't deal with the truth.

Re: Merlino show getting better [Re: Lenox] #1084688
03/03/24 11:52 PM
03/03/24 11:52 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
But Merlino doesn’t actually say anything about the “other side” he belongs to. He doesn’t admit being a mafioso, he doesn’t say what he thinks about the mafia, he doesn’t try to defend their positions and the points his fellow gangsters may or may not have. I agree it would be interesting to actually learn something about the “other side” and its positions. But he doesn’t reveal anything.
That he hates rats and the situations when they tell lies about others, we all get it. But if those rats/informants are lying about their co-defendants, then what would be the true facts instead, according to Merlino? He can’t answer that question and describe the facts though, without risking to be labeled as a rat.

So, you can admire him if you want (that’s your business after all), but you can’t deny that Merlino’s podcasts don’t contribute to our knowledge of the mafia, other than letting us know that he hates informants, which was already clear from the beginning.

To me, any new information or insight into the workings of the mafia and the mentality of the mafiosi by Merlino would be welcome. The problem is, he isn’t going to provide it, because that would make him a “rat”.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 03/03/24 11:53 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Merlino show getting better [Re: Lenox] #1084690
03/04/24 12:13 AM
03/04/24 12:13 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Dwalin, you totally missed my points. He gives the side of a defendant up against a prosecution where the judges side with he prosecution (Not allowing tapes non ben introduced by the defendant is an example) He tells how informers lie, ma nd get away with it. He explains how witnesses were coached to lie in testimony.n He shows all off this, and you want him ton say he's in the mafia, nothing more?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull