GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, 2 invisible), 299 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,101
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,672
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison #1084264
02/28/24 04:56 PM
02/28/24 04:56 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Colombo Crime Family Captain Sentenced to 51 Months for Long-Running Labor Union Extortion and Other Schemes.

Earlier today, Wednesday, February 28, 2024, Vincent Ricciardo, also known as “Vinny Unions,” was sentenced to 51 months in prison, $350,000 in forfeiture and $280,890 in restitution by United States District Judge Hector Gonzalez at the federal courthouse in Brooklyn, New York, for his participation in the long-running extortion of a senior official of a Queens-based labor union (the “Labor Union”) and other criminal schemes he carried out as a captain in the Colombo crime family of La Cosa Nostra. Ricciardo pled guilty to racketeering in July 2023, and admitted to his participation in the extortion of the Labor Union and various conspiracies to commit money laundering, loansharking and fraud in connection with workplace safety certificates.

Vincent Ricciardo is the tenth defendant sentenced in the case for conduct in connection with the scheme to infiltrate and divert funds from the Labor Union and other schemes. Four defendants still await sentencing.

Breon Peace, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York and James Smith, Assistant Director-in-Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York Field Office (FBI) announced the sentence.

“This prosecution represents our continued commitment to combatting organized crime and prosecuting the individuals who seek to enrich themselves at the expense of hardworking union members and their employers,” stated United States Attorney Peace. “Today’s sentence holds Vincent Ricciardo accountable for his long-running extortion scheme, as well as for his yearslong participation in the wide range of crimes committed by the Colombo crime family.”

Mr. Peace expressed his appreciation to the New York City Police Department, the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office, the Nassau County Police Department, the New York City Department of Investigation, the U.S. Department of Labor, and the Department of Justice’s Organized Crime and Gang Section for their valuable assistance in the investigation.

As set forth in court filings and facts presented during the sentencing proceedings, Vincent Ricciardo and his co-conspirators committed a variety of crimes – including extortion, loansharking, fraud and drug-trafficking – to enrich themselves and to promote the continued operation of the Colombo crime family. The Colombo crime family’s administration, including then-boss Andrew Russo (who passed away during the pendency of the case), underboss Benjamin “Benji” Castellazzo and consigliere Ralph DiMatteo, as well as captains Theodore Persico, Jr. and Richard Ferrara, and solider Michael Uvino, agreed to use extortionate means, including threats of bodily harm, to force the senior union official to give over a portion of his salary and ultimately to make decisions that would financially benefit the Colombo crime family’s administration. This included pressure from the defendants to force the trustees of the Labor Union’s associated healthcare benefit fund (the “Health Fund”) to select vendors who were associated with the Colombo crime family and handpicked by some of the defendants. Among other goals, the crime family’s administration sought to divert more than $10,000 per month from the Health Fund’s assets to themselves.

In one consensually recorded conversation, Vincent Ricciardo threatened to kill the senior union official, stating that the senior union official would continue to obey him because he knew Ricciardo would “put him in the ground right in front of his wife and kids, right in front of his fucking house, you laugh all you want pal, I’m not afraid to go to jail, let me tell you something, to prove a point? I would f*****g shoot him right in front of his wife and kids, call the police, f**k it, let me go, how long you think I’m gonna last anyway?”

In addition, Ricciardo and fellow Colombo crime family members Castellazzo, DiMatteo, Persico, Ferrara and Uvino joined with others — co-defendants Albert Alimena, Erin Thompkins and Joseph Bellantoni — who assisted other labor unions and health funds to devise a scheme to launder money from Health Fund contracts and vendor payments. These defendants attempted to re-bid Health Fund vendor contracts for claims administration, pharmaceuticals and other health services to persons and companies affiliated with Bellantoni, and to select a company run by Alimena as the Health Fund’s third-party administrator.

Vincent Ricciardo also worked with Bonanno crime family solider John Ragano, who was also known as “Bazoo” and the “Maniac,” in a scheme to issue fraudulent workplace safety training certifications from two occupational safety schools Ragano purported to operate in Long Island. Rather than provide workplace safety trainings required to obtain Occupational Safety and Health Administration certification, Ragano, along with John Glover and Domenick Ricciardo, falsified paperwork submitted to the U.S. Department of Labor and other government agencies which represented that hundreds of workers had completed construction safety training courses when they had not. Vincent Ricciardo plotted to funnel various Union workers to Ragano’s schools for fraudulent certifications and used the facilities to conduct meetings involving members of La Cosa Nostra.

Nine defendants were previously sentenced. Persico, Jr., who the government alleged was slated to be the family’s next crime boss, pled guilty to racketeering and was sentenced to 60 months’ imprisonment and restitution in the amount of $280,890. Underboss Castellazzo pled guilty to money laundering conspiracy and was sentenced to 15 months’ imprisonment. Consigliere DiMatteo pled guilty to racketeering and was sentenced to 36 months’ imprisonment and restitution in the amount of $280,890. Solider Michael Uvino pled guilty to racketeering and was sentenced to 41 months’ imprisonment, forfeiture of $66,000 and restitution in the amount of $280,890. Associate Domenick Ricciardo pled guilty to racketeering and was sentenced to 28 months’ imprisonment, forfeiture of $25,000 and restitution in the amount of $280,890. Alimena and Bellantoni pled guilty to health care fraud conspiracy and received two years’ probation and fines of $20,000 each. Ragano was sentenced to 57 months’ custody, as well as forfeiture of $500,000. Four defendants await sentencing, including Colombo crime family captain Richard Ferrara and associate Thomas Costa.

The government’s case is being handled by the Office’s Organized Crime and Gangs Section. Assistant United States Attorneys Devon Lash, Michael W. Gibaldi and Andrew Reich are in charge of the prosecution.

The Defendant:

VINCENT RICCIARDO (also known as “Vinny Unions”)
Franklin Square, New York

Other Defendants:

ALBERT ALIMENA
Pompano Beach, Florida

JOSEPH BELLANTONI
Massapequa, New York

BENJAMIN CASTELLAZZO (also known as “Benji”)
Manahawkin, New Jersey

THOMAS COSTA
West Islip, New York

RALPH DIMATTEO
Merrick, New York

RICHARD FERRARA
Brooklyn, New York

JOHN GLOVER
Queens, New York

VINCENT MARTINO
Medford, New York

THEODORE PERSICO, JR. (also known as “Teddy”)
Brooklyn, New York

JOHN RAGANO (also known as “Bazoo” and the “Maniac”)

DOMENICK RICCIARDO

ERIN THOMPKINS

MICHAEL UVINO
Garden City, New York

E.D.N.Y. Docket No. 21-CR-466 (S-1) (HG)

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: NYMafia] #1084266
02/28/24 05:05 PM
02/28/24 05:05 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
I thought Castellazzo's nickname was "The Claw"....maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: MafiaStudent] #1084269
02/28/24 05:26 PM
02/28/24 05:26 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by MafiaStudent
I thought Castellazzo's nickname was "The Claw"....maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

He had several nicknames. His friends and mob associates didn't call him "The Claw." It was Benji, or as he was more commonly known as, "Benny"

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: NYMafia] #1084273
02/28/24 06:23 PM
02/28/24 06:23 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

ELDERLY COLOMBO CRIME FAMILY CAPO “VINNY UNIONS” GETS 4+ YEARS BEHIND BARS FOR LABOR EXTORTION

(NYDailyNews)

A deteriorating Colombo crime family capo who terrorized and extorted a labor union leader for decades was sentenced to more than four years in federal prison for racketeering.
Vincent “Vinnie Unions” Ricciardo, 78, was sentenced in Brooklyn Federal Court Wednesday for his role in a union shakedown scheme that resulted in the takedown of the entire leadership of the Colombo crime family.
The withering wiseguy, who needs a wheelchair to get around and needs around-the-clock access to oxygen and suffers from congestive heart failure, has already served 30 months behind bars awaiting prosecution. He was the last of the indicted Colombos to plead guilty last year.
His lawyer, Elizabeth Macedonio, stressed that his time in the Hudson County Correctional Facility in N.J., has been brutal, punctuated by three bouts of COVID and several emergency room and hospital visits — including a shock treatment, over his protests, when he had an irregular heartbeat episode.
She asked Judge Hector Gonzalez he be sentenced to time served and released to the care of his wife in North Carolina.
“When Vincent Ricciardo was arrested in 2021, he put his shoes on and he walked out of the house. He’s no longer able to do that,” Macedonio said, adding that his health has deteriorated so badly that he needs a chair in the shower because it hurts too badly to stand up.
Gonzalez settled on 51 months, along with an order he pay restitution and stay out of any union business for 13 years.
Ricciardo vowed he was through with his long involvement with organized crime. “Judge, I’m done. Nothing in my body is working,” he said. “I’m not going to last that long. … My body can’t take it any more. My mind can’t take it. I just want to retire to North Carolina with family.”
Ricciardo played a central role in the mob’s attempt to seize control of a Queens labor union, and starting in 2001, he personally made sure that one senior labor official paid him a $2,600-a-month “pension.” The official complied for 20 years, only missing three payments, and was terrified that Ricciardo would hurt his family or kill him, prosecutors said.
And Ricciardo was overheard on a wiretap bragging about putting the screws to the official.
“[He] knows I’ll put him in the ground right in front of his wife and kids, right in front of his fucking house, you laugh all you want pal, I’m not afraid to go to jail, let me tell you something, to prove a point?” Ricciardo said in a 2021 conversation, according to court filings.
Gonzalez factored Ricciardo’s health into his decision, but he called it “troubling” that the mobster made no apologies and expressed no remorse during his statement to the court.
He also said he was grappling with the fact that Ricciardo had already been convicted twice before for similar crimes, and he knew his health was deteriorating and he had congestive heart failure while he committed his crimes.
“None of that mattered to him. He knew he was sick and he knew that if he got caught this is where he’d end up,” the judge said.

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: NYMafia] #1084281
02/28/24 08:02 PM
02/28/24 08:02 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
most of these guys are from long island.

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: NYMafia] #1084315
02/29/24 09:21 AM
02/29/24 09:21 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Have all the defendants in this case been sentenced yet? Is it over?

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: NYMafia] #1084316
02/29/24 09:30 AM
02/29/24 09:30 AM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Maybe read your own post and you'll find the answer lol

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: Mafia101] #1084333
02/29/24 03:05 PM
02/29/24 03:05 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Mafia101
Maybe read your own post and you'll find the answer lol

“Classy is when you have a lot to say, but you choose to remain silent in front of fools.”

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: NYMafia] #1084353
02/29/24 07:26 PM
02/29/24 07:26 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
“Classy is when you have a lot to say, but you choose to remain silent in front of fools.”
[/quote]

I will be using that quote for the next 2 years......

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: Lenox] #1084373
03/01/24 05:30 AM
03/01/24 05:30 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Lenox

I will be using that quote for the next 2 years......
[/quote]

Kinda hits the nail right on the head, doesn't it, Lenox. LOL

Re: Colombo Crime Captain Gets 4-1/4 Years In Prison [Re: NYMafia] #1084540
03/02/24 05:45 PM
03/02/24 05:45 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
When you get out Vinny Unions, focus on organized retail theft.. that isn't prosecuted in NYC !!!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull