GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 252 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,901
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,328
Posts1,058,715
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084207
02/27/24 04:33 PM
02/27/24 04:33 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Another New England satellite for the Joe Colombo Family has just been added....Boston, MA

Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084339
02/29/24 03:40 PM
02/29/24 03:40 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

As of today, Thursday, February 29th....

27 Families, 215 satellite locations, 400+ made guys and associates....and counting!

If you don't mind me saying so, it's a very unique kind of expose'

Last edited by NYMafia; 02/29/24 03:48 PM.
Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084382
03/01/24 08:35 AM
03/01/24 08:35 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted by NYMafia

27 Families, 215 satellite locations, 400+ made guys and associates....and counting!

Any of you guys have any insight on who the Colombo and Gambino point guys are in New Orleans? And are they working together, or separate entities?

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: LaLouisiane] #1084389
03/01/24 12:04 PM
03/01/24 12:04 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by LaLouisiane

Any of you guys have any insight on who the Colombo and Gambino point guys are in New Orleans? And are they working together, or separate entities?

To my knowledge, neither family traditionally ever really had a presence in N.O. Although, during the 1980s or so, I did read that several guys, led by a fellow named Tufano or T u f a r o (if memory serves me,) had relocated down there and was somewhat active. Supposedly this guy was connected to the Colombo crew and was a narcotics dealer.

Now whether there's any truth to those assertions is something else altogether. (I, personally, have no such knowledge about it. I never researched it. I'm just relating what I once read.)

Another instance (I vaguely remember) was a few guys around the Joe Gallo faction of the Gambinos fooling around with gambling in N.O.
--
As far as the Gambinos go, during the 1980s some guys around Ozone Park, Queens with "Ronnie One Arm) were highlighted for some activity in Tampa, FL.

Last edited by NYMafia; 03/01/24 12:07 PM.
Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084391
03/01/24 12:15 PM
03/01/24 12:15 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Id love to know more about Reno, Nevada. That place must of had some serious action over the years.

Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: RushStreet] #1084392
03/01/24 12:29 PM
03/01/24 12:29 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by RushStreet
Id love to know more about Reno, Nevada. That place must of had some serious action over the years.

Throughout this expose' I list Reno on a number of occasions, showing which families and crews were active there. (Chicago was one of them)

Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084393
03/01/24 12:35 PM
03/01/24 12:35 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted by LaLouisiane

To my knowledge, neither family traditionally ever really had a presence in N.O. Although, during the 1980s or so, I did read that several guys, led by a fellow named Tufano or T u f a r o (if memory serves me,) had relocated down there and was somewhat active. Supposedly this guy was connected to the Colombo crew and was a narcotics dealer.

Now whether there's any truth to those assertions is something else altogether. (I, personally, have no such knowledge about it. I never researched it. I'm just relating what I once read.)

Another instance (I vaguely remember) was a few guys around the Joe Gallo faction of the Gambinos fooling around with gambling in N.O.
--
As far as the Gambinos go, during the 1980s some guys around Ozone Park, Queens with "Ronnie One Arm) were highlighted for some activity in Tampa, FL.

I was listening to an OG Podcast episode with Scott and James and they mentioned something about it. Maybe they will see this thread and give more insight, I know they are on here.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084396
03/01/24 12:49 PM
03/01/24 12:49 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Years back, several key Profaci/Colombo bigwigs, namely capos Enrico (Harry) Fontana and Nicoline (Peanuts) Sorrentino migrated down to Tampa and semi-retired there. I know that Fontana held a lucrative interest in a dock-warehousing business on the Tampa docks since at least the early 1960s. And I know that the old Profaci and Trafficante families were also very close. So I'm sure those factors played into it as well.

Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: RushStreet] #1084566
03/02/24 10:13 PM
03/02/24 10:13 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Any crews from Louisville, Kentucky? Im sure there was during prohibition.

Look up Filippo Gentile, he was a bootlegger that operated from Louisville, and had operations to Lexington, Newport, Cincinnati, and over the Indiana boarder, some of his people operated night houses, had gambling in Central and part of the western regions of the state. Knew Al Capone, Paul Ricca, Frank Nitti, Frank Costello, Willie Moretti, Frank Todaro, Gaetano Gagliano, Tony Gagliano, Thomas Lucchese, Vito Bonventre, Salvatore Profaci, list goes on, he use to hide mobsters from other cities when they had too much heat or if they needed to get away from the public. I feel he was made, fought deportation all the way up to 1935 and was finally deported. He was the silent owner of the famous S Hilton Hotel in Louisville. When he was deported, Cleveland and Genovese family associates swooped in and took control of Newport and all surrounding areas, Chicago associates gain control or Louisville, and I can not find anything on Lexington to indicate that LCN had operations there after Gentile deportation.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084567
03/02/24 10:21 PM
03/02/24 10:21 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
New Orleans had good relationships with Lucchese and Genovese families for the longest time, NO went through Vito LaSalle brother to Stefano LaSalle and Ed Costiglia brother to Frank Costello to pass messages to New York. Later when Carlos Marcello had lost his power and members in his family started to make deals with both the Colombo and Gambino families in allow them to operate in Louisiana. As for made members I think Lucchese had a man down there for awhile before he transferred to NO, than Marcello became boss, and he transferred either back to Lucchese or Tampa after he moved to Florida. I am sure someone will know more about that.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084697
03/04/24 07:42 AM
03/04/24 07:42 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

We since added a few more satellites

Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: NYMafia] #1084749
03/04/24 09:15 PM
03/04/24 09:15 PM
H
Havana Offline
Button
Havana  Offline
H
Button
Originally Posted by Hollander
Thanks NYM we know Frank Colacurcio was born to immigrant parents from southern Italy, Colacurcio was the eldest of nine children, and worked on his father's vegetable farm in Seattle. He was a powerhouse in Seattle and Vancouver.

Yes he was. But from what I've read about him, his "illegal" rackets were almost exclusively confined to topless/nude bars, B-girl clip joints and related prostitution activities...and of course, the tax-evasion schemes that went along with that.

I don't ever remember him getting involved with gambling and other types of "traditional" mob-styled rackets. Have you?

Haven't those non traditional activities along wit the tax evasion been part of the mob's portfolio for a long enough time to be considered traditional;?
What about guys that were very active with bootlegging and all that went with it when they were younger and then invested that money into legal or semi legal businesses including financing guys for some of the more illegal stuff like the gambling whether it be in the form of loan sharking or just plain helping guys out to get started in illegal businesses or even legal businesses of their own?

Re: Live: Mafia “Satellite” Crews Across the U.S.A [Re: Havana] #1084762
03/05/24 08:20 AM
03/05/24 08:20 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Havana
Originally Posted by Hollander
Thanks NYM we know Frank Colacurcio was born to immigrant parents from southern Italy, Colacurcio was the eldest of nine children, and worked on his father's vegetable farm in Seattle. He was a powerhouse in Seattle and Vancouver.

Yes he was. But from what I've read about him, his "illegal" rackets were almost exclusively confined to topless/nude bars, B-girl clip joints and related prostitution activities...and of course, the tax-evasion schemes that went along with that.

I don't ever remember him getting involved with gambling and other types of "traditional" mob-styled rackets. Have you?

Haven't those non traditional activities along wit the tax evasion been part of the mob's portfolio for a long enough time to be considered traditional;?
What about guys that were very active with bootlegging and all that went with it when they were younger and then invested that money into legal or semi legal businesses including financing guys for some of the more illegal stuff like the gambling whether it be in the form of loan sharking or just plain helping guys out to get started in illegal businesses or even legal businesses of their own?

Hello Havana,

I'll try and answer your question, and explain what I meant, the best I can, ok.

Many mob guys commit tax-evasion offenses because it goes hand-in-hand with their other activities; bookmaking, shylocking, narcotics, etc. But, "tax-evasion" per se, is not exclusive to the Mafia. A solid cross section of people from all walks of life commit tax-evasion, from businessmen to politicians to average Joe's on their yearly income-tax returns. That is not the exclusive domain of the mob, or within their "portfolio" as you say the same way we consider gambling and shylocking, labor-union racketeering, etc., understand?

Secondly, even topless bars and prostitution (although some mob guys have engaged in these activities,) are not necessarily "Mob Rackets" per se, because there have been, are currently still are, many more people who operate nude bars and prostitutes in cities all across the U.S., (NY & NJ included) who have no organized crime affiliation whatsoever.

Last edited by NYMafia; 03/05/24 08:24 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull