GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 365 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078916
01/03/24 01:36 PM
01/03/24 01:36 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
What about Little Allie Boy Persico....

He ended up like his father Carmine Persico with a life sentence..

How was his reign as Acting boss on the streets?? I've never heard about it.

He was incompetent enough to make mistakes that landed him a life sentence.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078936
01/03/24 07:55 PM
01/03/24 07:55 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
The Colombos are a complete mess. They're yet another example of why a Mafia family should NEVER EVER EVER fight over a leadership title.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078954
01/03/24 09:04 PM
01/03/24 09:04 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
@NYM and @Hollander

Thanks for the info!!!

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: Toodoped] #1078958
01/03/24 09:56 PM
01/03/24 09:56 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Toodoped
One of Accardos sons was a hippie during the 60s, something which allegedly made the old man mad

LOL I guess it was the other son.

June 11, 1964
Chicago Mobsters Convene at Accardo Wedding; Holiday Atmosphere Prevails as Son of Gangland Figure Marries Miss Utah of '61
Credit...The New York Times Archives
See the article in its original context from

This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them.
Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems; we are continuing to work to improve these archived versions.
CHICAGO, June 10 — The cream of the underworld gathered today for gangland's biggest social event of the year.

The occasion was the wedding of Anthony R. Accardo, 29 years old, son of Anthony (Big Tuna) Accardo, leader emeritus of the Chicago crime syndicate, to Janet Marie Hawley, 23, a former beauty queen and airline stewardess from Green River, Wyo.

A holiday atmosphere prevailed as more than 200 persons attended the ceremony in St. Vincent Ferrer Roman Catholic Church in suburban River Forest, where the Accardos live in a new 16?room house.

Another hundred or so persons, including agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Chicago police intelligence detectives, newsmen and curious townfolk, swarmed outside the church.

Jt was the first time in memory that those who count in the underworld had attended a public function without shielding their faces from photographers. There were no snarled threats at policemen. No tires squealed as mobsters sought to elude investigators.

Instead of covering his face, the father of the bridegroom walked proudly from the church, a handkerchief neatly folded in the breast pocket of his jacket.

Also immaculately dressed and exuding dignity were Paul (The Waiter) Ricca, an old friend of the senior Accardo, who also lives in River Forest, and Jackie (The Lackey) Cerone, a onetime errand boy for Accardo now promoted to loan shark.

The wedding party and immediate family were driven to the Accardo home in a caravan of four black limousines, one of which bore a windshield sticker from the Fraternal Order of Police and a bumper shield with the legend “National Association of Sheriffs.”

A champagne breakfast was served in the Accardos’ $150,000 ranch home, which is nestled behind a tall new redwood fence. The big event of the day, however, was an evening reception at the Villa Venice, a lavish and expensive roadhouse in Northbrook. More than 400 persons attended it.

The bride's father, Patrick Hawley, owner of a Wyoming, cattle ranch, said he was paying for the Villa Venice party.

Miss Hawley won the title of Miss Utah in 1961. Her husband is a partner in a travel agency in Oak Park, adjacent to River Forest.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: Zavattoni] #1078970
01/04/24 04:16 AM
01/04/24 04:16 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
What about Little Allie Boy Persico....

He ended up like his father Carmine Persico with a life sentence..

How was his reign as Acting boss on the streets?? I've never heard about it.

He was incompetent enough to make mistakes that landed him a life sentence.

He made street boss his cellmate Ralph DeLeo that was a know rat.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull