GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, BarrettM, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,446
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,405
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… #1078516
12/30/23 05:06 PM
12/30/23 05:06 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Since certain posters enjoy pondering unique questions, here’s an interesting one for you…

If a son is deemed a ne’er-do-well, and is too incompetent to succeed his father within the family unit, especially a Mafia family unit, because the father knows his son just doesn’t have what it takes to become a leader or to even succeed in life…what happens to him?

Through the years we’ve heard about a few of these types of guys. But there are many others out there that fly under the radar.

We may have heard their names or know they’re related to a certain mob guy. But we really have no idea what these empty bags really do with themselves each and every day.

So, the question is, what happens to a mobster’s son if he is determined to be the equivalent of a Cosa Nostra nincompoop, who is a complete embarrassment to his dad?

Is he put out to pasture? Is he given a little help to find an alternative way to eke out a living for himself?

Or does he just wallow away in limbo? Meandering around aimlessly day after day, growing more frustrated by the day, causing mischief, feigning relevancy and just existing and living vicariously off his father's reputation, money and accomplishments?

Invariably, playing off his surname, jerk-offs like this will usually have a few other stumble bums and stray cats who robotically follow them around aimlessly, doing their bidding, because they too, haven’t a single clue in life about what’s what. But they’re just too stupid to know any better.

Hummmm…I wonder?

…Any thoughts about who might fall into this category?

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/30/23 05:44 PM.
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078523
12/30/23 06:10 PM
12/30/23 06:10 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Not made, but Fat Andy's son has to have the top spot. Not sure of the spelling. Ruggiano? He has channel where he talks of his redemption, he sounds like a complete dope.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078524
12/30/23 06:13 PM
12/30/23 06:13 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

And feel free to choose the son of a member from any family across the entire country, even a guy in Italy or another country for that matter. It doesn't have to be a NYC family, per se, like the Gambino, Bonanno or Lucchese Clans, or even an American crew.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078525
12/30/23 06:15 PM
12/30/23 06:15 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I think if a father understand that his son isnt fit for the life should manage to find him a legit job. But most fathers ruined his son lives:Patriarca jr was forced to retire,Gotti jr made some jailtime.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078530
12/30/23 07:10 PM
12/30/23 07:10 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

And it really doesn't matter if the fella you're thinking about was a so-called made guy, associate, or the guy is just some delusional legitimate sucker who happens to be related to somebody. The son of somebody. Here or abroad...Go ahead and name em.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078531
12/30/23 07:15 PM
12/30/23 07:15 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia
And it really doesn't matter if the fella you're thinking about was a so-called made guy, associate, or the guy is just some delusional legitimate sucker who happens to be related to somebody. The son of somebody. Here or abroad...Go ahead and name em.

. Interesting topic NYMafia. Honestly there are a lot of examples of incompetent sons big mob figures. I think of Bill Bonanno as a smart guy who didn’t belong in the life. Junior Gotti definitely didn’t belong in the position he was in especially so young and fast. Nicky Scarfo jr is another one I can think of but with a crazy father like that who knows if he had a chance anyway

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: JCrusher] #1078541
12/30/23 08:24 PM
12/30/23 08:24 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by JCrusher

. Interesting topic NYMafia. Honestly there are a lot of examples of incompetent sons big mob figures. I think of Bill Bonanno as a smart guy who didn’t belong in the life. Junior Gotti definitely didn’t belong in the position he was in especially so young and fast. Nicky Scarfo jr is another one I can think of but with a crazy father like that who knows if he had a chance anyway

I agree JC. Through the years there's been many good examples we could point out of incompetent sons who only gained their underworld "position" because of the influence of their fathers. Not because they earned it, or deserved it, in any way, shape or form.

On another note, how about some of the other sons of mob guys, who were deemed so useless and/or unhinged, that their fathers knew right from the start never to even bring these mental cases around or ever introduce them to "La Strada" - "The Street" in the first place, out of fear that the kid would fuck up and embarrass their old man?

I'm sure there's more than a few of those types of sons around also...I imagine they just put em out to pasture. lol

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078544
12/30/23 08:32 PM
12/30/23 08:32 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Well put Jace, I hate mobsters-turned preachers, it's so fucking cringy. Michael Franzese & John Pennisi are 2 other examples. Just quit the bullshit.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078545
12/30/23 08:37 PM
12/30/23 08:37 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
It's also important to not automatically assume that a guy fits into that category just because his father was a legendary mobster. Someone on Facebook tried to make that claim against Alphonse Trucchio, and I honestly believe that Alphonse Trucchio has what it takes to be a wiseguy in his own right, even if he can't match his father. From everything I've read about the guy, he's true Cosa Nostra although he ended up shelved.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078546
12/30/23 08:39 PM
12/30/23 08:39 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
If we wanna be technical Junior Gotti was the true Teflon Don, even though he wasn't exactly a full-fledged don like his father. The government really lost against him. And since he walked away, there's nothing they can really do anymore.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078548
12/30/23 08:46 PM
12/30/23 08:46 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
There are many made guys that didn’t make it to high school let alone advanced degrees .

Fat Andys son sounds like an uneducated street guy …. Very sharp with rules and street knowledge but when he speaks its that kid that dropped out in 6th or 8th grade.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078549
12/30/23 08:49 PM
12/30/23 08:49 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
I don't know about incompetent, but Junior Patriarca was forced to resign under penalty of death. He was not respected. His father was a legend. It was impossible for him to live up to that.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078550
12/30/23 08:58 PM
12/30/23 08:58 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Junior Patriarca found himself in a position he didn't ask for. I have nothing against him. He never talked, that says a lot these days.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: Serpiente] #1078551
12/30/23 09:01 PM
12/30/23 09:01 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Serpiente
There are many made guys that didn’t make it to high school let alone advanced degrees .

Fat Andys son sounds like an uneducated street guy …. Very sharp with rules and street knowledge but when he speaks its that kid that dropped out in 6th or 8th grade.

Speaking "The King's English" was never a requirement in joining the mob. Yet, make no mistake about it. Through the course of history there have been many very very sharp guys in the mob...who, in fact, could arguably be called brilliant.

That said, Ruggiano and most of the other guys mentioned don't fall into that category. lol.
-
But aside from sons who "were" and "are" capable as street guys, or the sons who chose to go another way and became extremely successful as legitimate businessmen.

There were, and currently are, many knuckle-draggers and largely dense sons who joined the mob, who only receive a measure of respect because of their fathers, not because they're such smart or "capable" mob guys.

And, of course, then there are all the sons who are neither successful as mob guys or legitimate guys - I call them the "ungraded class" - who never made it either way...and just putz around feigning importance and relevance. Guys who put on a show for the public and they're friends, but who are largely mental or emotional cripples...who were gently nudged to the side by their fathers.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078554
12/30/23 10:29 PM
12/30/23 10:29 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Allegedly, Quiet Dom Cirillo gave the OK for his own son to be whacked after he raised his hand to Vinny Basciano.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078557
12/30/23 10:41 PM
12/30/23 10:41 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
But Quiet Dom is true Cosa Nostra, the oath says Family before family.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078576
12/31/23 12:16 AM
12/31/23 12:16 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In Italy sons of bosses always follow in their father's footsteps, very few choose another direction lol. Sure some are not fit to be the crown prince, but what can you do they were born into the Mafia.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: CNote] #1078585
12/31/23 06:24 AM
12/31/23 06:24 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by CNote
Allegedly, Quiet Dom Cirillo gave the OK for his own son to be whacked after he raised his hand to Vinny Basciano.

True. From what I've read about the situation, Dominick's son was a half a mental case, an arrogant guy, who I think may have been a little "off" in the head. He's typical of the type of guy I mentioned as the "ungraded class" of sons who are just not capable people, period. Regardless of what they try and accomplish in life.

From what I gathered, Cirillo's kid, I forget his first name but wasn't it also Dominick? This kid would just meander around their Bronx/Yonkers neighborhood, "existing" and making a nuisance of himself and causing trouble where he could. And because of his surname and his dad's "perceived" clout, got away with a lot of BS through the years.

Neighborhood people would generally just look the other way and let it go. But as the kid got older and grew more frustrated with his own miserable life, he started lashing out more and causing problems.

It got to a point that certain people in the Bronx and Westchester didn't care about who his father was anymore, they were not gonna allow this imbecile to abuse them. (CNote, as you mentioned above, and if I remember correctly, the Bonanno Family's Vinny Basciano, or his kids, were among those who had come into direct conflict with Dominick Cirillo over this.)

The end result? This kid disappeared off the face of the earth...never to be seen again.

There was much conjecture whether members of the Bonanno Family had killed him, or other street guys did. Or whether enough formal complaints came in about the kid that Quiet Dom himself and the Genovese crew had ordered his kid's death, etc.

There are several other sons of mob guys up around the Bronx and Westchester Counties that fall into the same general category. Sons who have become "crosses to bear" for their dads over the years.

But this phenomena is not exclusive to the Bronx or Westchester. There are wiseguys throughout all five boroughs and beyond, throughout all Cosa Nostra, who bear this same cross.

For that matter, this problem is not even exclusive to the mob. Fathers in all walks of life have had to sometimes contend with nincompoops as sons. Lol. I guess it just sometimes goes with the territory.

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/31/23 06:26 AM.
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078588
12/31/23 07:40 AM
12/31/23 07:40 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by CNote

True. From what I've read about the situation, Dominick's son was a half a mental case, an arrogant guy, who I think may have been a little "off" in the head. He's typical of the type of guy I mentioned as the "ungraded class" of sons who are just not capable people, period. Regardless of what they try and accomplish in life.

From what I gathered, Cirillo's kid, I forget his first name but wasn't it also Dominick? This kid would just meander around their Bronx/Yonkers neighborhood, "existing" and making a nuisance of himself and causing trouble where he could. And because of his surname and his dad's "perceived" clout, got away with a lot of BS through the years.

Neighborhood people would generally just look the other way and let it go. But as the kid got older and grew more frustrated with his own miserable life, he started lashing out more and causing problems.

It got to a point that certain people in the Bronx and Westchester didn't care about who his father was anymore, they were not gonna allow this imbecile to abuse them. (CNote, as you mentioned above, and if I remember correctly, the Bonanno Family's Vinny Basciano, or his kids, were among those who had come into direct conflict with Dominick Cirillo over this.)

The end result? This kid disappeared off the face of the earth...never to be seen again.

There was much conjecture whether members of the Bonanno Family had killed him, or other street guys did. Or whether enough formal complaints came in about the kid that Quiet Dom himself and the Genovese crew had ordered his kid's death, etc.

There are several other sons of mob guys up around the Bronx and Westchester Counties that fall into the same general category. Sons who have become "crosses to bear" for their dads over the years.

But this phenomena is not exclusive to the Bronx or Westchester. There are wiseguys throughout all five boroughs and beyond, throughout all Cosa Nostra, who bear this same cross.

For that matter, this problem is not even exclusive to the mob. Fathers in all walks of life have had to sometimes contend with nincompoops as sons. Lol. I guess it just sometimes goes with the territory.

Also Frank Bommarito from Detroit gave the ok to kill with an overdose his son Carlo

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078591
12/31/23 09:16 AM
12/31/23 09:16 AM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Why anyone would want their son to be involved is beyond me. Especially when there are legit jobs that pay more crime free. If you want your son to still hang out with you know the guys you work with that's completely fine. He doesn't have to be involved in the bullshit to do that. Let him be a legit businessman.

The guys I know who are connected still let me hang out at there social clubs even though Im not a mobster. We go out to dinner, talk about normal topics about life in general. They dont look down on me cause Im legit. They actually respect me more to be completely honest.

Last edited by RushStreet; 12/31/23 09:20 AM.
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: RushStreet] #1078592
12/31/23 09:50 AM
12/31/23 09:50 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Why anyone would want their son to be involved is beyond me. Especially when there are legit jobs that pay more crime free. If you want your son to still hang out with you know the guys you work with that's completely fine. He doesn't have to be involved in the bullshit to do that. Let him be a legit businessman.

The guys I know who are connected still let me hang out at their social clubs even though Im not a mobster. We go out to dinner, talk about normal topics about life in general. They dont look down on me cause Im legit. They actually respect me more to be completely honest.

. Absolutely. A famous quote was when Gotti told Chin that his son was just made and Chin responded “I’m sorry to hear that”. Not sure if it’s an accurate story but it wouldn’t surprise me. Who would want that life for their son

Last edited by JCrusher; 12/31/23 02:49 PM.
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: JCrusher] #1078597
12/31/23 01:57 PM
12/31/23 01:57 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by RushStreet

The guys I know who are connected still let me hang out at their social clubs even though Im not a mobster. We go out to dinner, talk about normal topics about life in general. They dont look down on me cause Im legit. They actually respect me more to be completely honest.

. Absolutely. A famous quote was when Gotti to,d Chin thst he son was just made and Chin responded “I’m sorry to hear that”. Not sure if it’s an accurate story but it wouldn’t surprise me. Who would want that life for their son

Yes, I remember reading that also.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078739
01/01/24 03:49 PM
01/01/24 03:49 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Can anyone think of any more names of "incompetent sons" of mob guys?

Whether they were street guys themselves, or just regular sons who fall into the category of ne'er'-do-wells?...

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078760
01/01/24 07:45 PM
01/01/24 07:45 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Was Bonnanos kid incompetent or just meh as far as a mafioso?

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #1078779
01/01/24 09:01 PM
01/01/24 09:01 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times
Was Bonnanos kid incompetent or just meh as far as a mafioso?

Bill def was incompetent his father was a legend to follow in his footsteps that's tough lol..

Bill Bonanno attended school in Brooklyn , but soon the extensive Bonanno family moved to Long Island . At the age of 10, he suffered a serious ear infection. That happened around the same time that the family was forced to leave New York. The Bonannos built a new life in the state of Arizona. They chose this state, because the dry climate there was conducive to the recovery from little Bill's illness.

Bonanno was often at odds with his parents, who eventually sent him to boarding school. He turned out to be a problem child there and was expelled when he had to accompany his fellow students to a museum, but took them to a bloody film in the cinema. Bill was then allowed to continue attending classes at the boarding school, but he slept in a motel.

After struggling through his boarding school years, he attended the University of Arizona . He was registered there, but hardly attended any lectures. His father's influence ensured that he stopped doing his studies altogether. Joseph Bonanno needed his son for his mafioso activities.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078780
01/01/24 09:15 PM
01/01/24 09:15 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Jimmy Two Times,

Although he was indeed the son of a top boss, Bill Bonanno was basically brought up as a legitimate kid who was neither schooled in the life, or prone to the life, on his own.

And as Hollander pointed out, he had a very coddled and soft upbringing.

His father did both Bill and the Bonanno borgata, at large, a major disservice when he brought the kid into "The Life" and just as quickly elevated him over seasoned men more than twice his age who could run circles around him.

THAT was the beginning of the end of harmony and solidarity within the Bonanno Crime Family.
--
On that note, there were, and are currently, many other sons of mob guys from all Five Families, who, whether "in or out" of the life - whether considered mob guys or just so-called legitimate guys, really don't know which end is up in life, in general, period! LOL.

If you took a good look at some of the idiot sons of members in the Lucchese, Genovese, Bonanno, Colombo or Gambino crews, not to mention some of the prized packages over the bridge in NJ among the DeCavalcante clan, you'd fall down from laugher.

Although some of them may try and put on a good front and a "facade" as educated and "accomplished" guys, many of them are complete losers in life. Especially some of the younger ones who never received the same lessons and instruction from their fathers as they're older brothers did.

Many of them are outright embarrassments to their fathers, but try and "play the part," so to speak.

Its actually comical!

So, comical that REAL knockaround guys just laugh at them.

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/01/24 09:32 PM.
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: Serpiente] #1078792
01/01/24 11:08 PM
01/01/24 11:08 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

I think he sounds like an idiot too, it may be from all the drugs he did years ago. I don't think he had street smarts. He may be one of the top examples of a guy made due to his father. Bonanno would be the the main one.

Last edited by jace; 01/02/24 12:50 AM.
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: Serpiente] #1078795
01/01/24 11:24 PM
01/01/24 11:24 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member

Ruggiero Boiardo didn't go past the third grade.

Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: NYMafia] #1078821
01/02/24 05:51 AM
01/02/24 05:51 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
One of Accardos sons was a hippie during the 60s, something which allegedly made the old man mad

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Incompetent Sons of Mob Guys… [Re: Toodoped] #1078822
01/02/24 06:01 AM
01/02/24 06:01 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Toodoped
One of Accardos sons was a hippie during the 60s, something which allegedly made the old man mad

No doubt. Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull