GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CNote), 116 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,536
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: southshorekid] #1077726
12/22/23 09:50 PM
12/22/23 09:50 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by southshorekid
One last thing because I want that point to be relatable to people who don’t actually know guys involved in organized crime. A lot of them are addicts. Whether gambling, alcohol, drugs, or expensive lifestyle. You might not know an OC guy but I bet you know an addict or two who would rob their own mother. That’s the mentality.

From all you recent posts you are one of those out of whack "I hate the Mafia!" types who makes up stories. You say you had friends who were mobsters, and that you knew many. Well, tell them. Plus, the question was would you be a rat, not "Give us a rant that includes your life story"

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: jace] #1077734
12/22/23 10:06 PM
12/22/23 10:06 PM
B
Brovelli Offline
Made Member
Brovelli  Offline
B
Made Member
Originally Posted by jace
DiLeonardo was shelved cause he was caught stealing from the family, they cold have killed him. I also think it was the second time he had stolen money. They treated him like a baby, which he turned out to be. He was crying in jail, and needed counseling!! A punk, now acting tough on youtube.

I hadn't heard that allegation previously nor do I particularly believe it personally as he had strong mob lineage in both his family as well as people he was around. But he was a gambling fiend and may have got power hungry/cocky so it's possible. Gambino's were a mess at that time. Pete Gotti would've been the one that shelved him?

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077753
12/23/23 12:25 AM
12/23/23 12:25 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
The rat thing is very complicated for me. Look at Gaspipe for instance, one of the most legendary wiseguys ever, threw his street cred away and still died in prison.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: jace] #1077768
12/23/23 08:40 AM
12/23/23 08:40 AM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by southshorekid
One last thing because I want that point to be relatable to people who don’t actually know guys involved in organized crime. A lot of them are addicts. Whether gambling, alcohol, drugs, or expensive lifestyle. You might not know an OC guy but I bet you know an addict or two who would rob their own mother. That’s the mentality.

From all you recent posts you are one of those out of whack "I hate the Mafia!" types who makes up stories. You say you had friends who were mobsters, and that you knew many. Well, tell them. Plus, the question was would you be a rat, not "Give us a rant that includes your life story"

Every couple months I pop over here out of curiosity to see what is being said about people I actually knew. You talk about the same people like they are pro athletes or celebrities or something. Over 3,000 posts. Hundreds of hours. Yeah bro I’m the one who’s “out of whack”. Btw this whole post and the question is weird to begin with. Theres a reason guys who used to post interesting stuff here don’t come around no more. Believe my “rant” or not, I don’t give a shit.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077938
12/25/23 11:41 AM
12/25/23 11:41 AM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
I think there are a lot of variables that go into the decision, things like-
First off- is he afraid of prison ?
2nd- how much time is he facing?

But things like how close is he with his family?
Does he truly love his wife and will miss her terribly?
Does he have children? How old are they and how close is he to them?
Does he have a lot of money hidden for either getting out, his family to live on while he’s away?
What is his rank in the family at that time?
How is he treated by his crime family?

How is his health?
His families health?
Does he regret his crimes?

What kind of deal can he get by cooperating!

We would have to know all these things about ourselves to make an honest decision.

Being honest, if I’m facing life, have money stashed, love my family dearly, am not a senior citizen, get a good deal, I might flip.

If I’m looking at a short stint and I’m respected in the life, and I have enough money that I know my wife and kids will be fine, plus I know doing this short bid will help me rise in the ranks within the family- I’m doing the sentence.

Like many above said though, unless we are actually facing the consequences, you really can’t know what we would do.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077939
12/25/23 12:14 PM
12/25/23 12:14 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
If I'm what could be considered a legend in that life, I'm not selling out my legacy so I can be remembered in the history books as a snitch. If I'm some nobody coffeeboy without much respect, a flunky, I'm flipping and getting the last laugh.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077942
12/25/23 01:20 PM
12/25/23 01:20 PM
H
Havana Offline
Button
Havana  Offline
H
Button
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Please take a moment and absorb this question before answering it. It is very serious and you must be 100% sure before you answer.

Would you, if facing life behind bars (not convicted yet of any crimes, only facing an indictment), become a rat? Would you do it?

Yes or No?

Anybody in that life that says incriminating things over the phone should know he could be talking to a cop.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: RushStreet] #1077976
12/26/23 11:51 AM
12/26/23 11:51 AM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
And Rush street again wins the award for dumbest fucking topic ever.

What's really important is, when a guy flips, is he well dressed? A wise guy shouldn't look like a slob.

Re: Would you become a rat? Be honest please. [Re: alicecooper] #1078020
12/26/23 07:19 PM
12/26/23 07:19 PM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by alicecooper
And Rush street again wins the award for dumbest fucking topic ever.

What's really important is, when a guy flips, is he well dressed? A wise guy shouldn't look like a slob.

I don’t think it’s a dumb topic, I give him credit for posting something new knowing someone’s gonna criticize him for it.

People have to come up with new topics or new questions or we’d all stop coming here.

Do you want to keep hearing the same Sammy and Gotti topics and stories over and over again?

Give the guy a break. It’s a hypothetical question and he didn’t offend anyone.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull