GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 355 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,091
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Russian Mafia in the USA #1076115
12/05/23 02:50 PM
12/05/23 02:50 PM
Former Soviet Union
R
RussianCriminalWorld Offline OP
Wiseguy
RussianCriminalWorld  Offline OP
R
Wiseguy
Former Soviet Union
Hello everyone, I have a question, what is the current status of the Russian Mafia in the USA? And how big and powerful they are now compared to the 90s?

Re: The Russian Mafia in the USA [Re: RussianCriminalWorld] #1076144
12/05/23 09:28 PM
12/05/23 09:28 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Not much left except a few old timers there have been a few cases though in recent years.
The big money is now cybercrime a lot of Russian hackers.

Last edited by Hollander; 12/05/23 09:29 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: The Russian Mafia in the USA [Re: RussianCriminalWorld] #1076167
12/06/23 09:04 AM
12/06/23 09:04 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The Ukrainians, and Georgians are way bigger in the US. On the Russians, as mentioned above they are big in cybercrime, loansharking, drugs, investments in US, autotheft rings, forgeries of all types, they mainly use street level gangs for most of the dirty and blue color work. Right now with the war between Russia and Ukraine, they are making a fortune on just basic commodity items there is some serious money there if you have the time and patience. Areas they operate in are Brooklyn, Queens, Miami, Atlanta, Boston, Newark, Los Angeles, and Seattle. Other areas where they still have activity but are weak compared to the 1990s and early 2000s are Chicago, San Francisco, Tampa, Huston, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Denver, Milwaukee, and Baltimore. Interesting you have the other groups such as the Chechens, Georgians, and Ukrainians who are either just as powerful, or more powerful in areas where the Russians operate, or have become predominantly the power group in such cities as Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia ect. Also keep in mind of those of Jewish ancestry or claim to have jewish ancestry as that group itself is alot more powerful then just nationality and work alot better together than most of course there is the occasional hit of a jewish leader by another jewish leader.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: The Russian Mafia in the USA [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1076169
12/06/23 09:22 AM
12/06/23 09:22 AM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
The Ukrainians, and Georgians are way bigger in the US. On the Russians, as mentioned above they are big in cybercrime, loansharking, drugs, investments in US, autotheft rings, forgeries of all types, they mainly use street level gangs for most of the dirty and blue color work. Right now with the war between Russia and Ukraine, they are making a fortune on just basic commodity items there is some serious money there if you have the time and patience. Areas they operate in are Brooklyn, Queens, Miami, Atlanta, Boston, Newark, Los Angeles, and Seattle. Other areas where they still have activity but are weak compared to the 1990s and early 2000s are Chicago, San Francisco, Tampa, Huston, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Denver, Milwaukee, and Baltimore. Interesting you have the other groups such as the Chechens, Georgians, and Ukrainians who are either just as powerful, or more powerful in areas where the Russians operate, or have become predominantly the power group in such cities as Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia ect. Also keep in mind of those of Jewish ancestry or claim to have jewish ancestry as that group itself is alot more powerful then just nationality and work alot better together than most of course there is the occasional hit of a jewish leader by another jewish leader.

Chicago has the largest ukranian/Polish population outside of Ukraine and Poland. Lots of immigrants moving over there from Ukraine and Poland and starting up businesses. Loan sharking is a big money maker for Ukranian organized crime.

Last edited by RushStreet; 12/06/23 09:24 AM.
Re: The Russian Mafia in the USA [Re: RussianCriminalWorld] #1076188
12/06/23 02:09 PM
12/06/23 02:09 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Yep RushStreet, Ukrainians overshadow the Russians in Chicago. Sacramento and Reno are two other cities where Ukrainians have come up on top, in the case of Nevade, the Russians just relocated to the Las Vegas area as there is more money and better pickings.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: The Russian Mafia in the USA [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1076190
12/06/23 02:51 PM
12/06/23 02:51 PM
Former Soviet Union
R
RussianCriminalWorld Offline OP
Wiseguy
RussianCriminalWorld  Offline OP
R
Wiseguy
Former Soviet Union
Does Ukrainian and Russian worked together before the war? Or they always been separate from each?
There even Chechens criminals in the USA? This is pretty interesting

Re: The Russian Mafia in the USA [Re: RussianCriminalWorld] #1076222
12/07/23 04:14 AM
12/07/23 04:14 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The Vory yes, but by the early 2000s, the younger generation started to form their own groups and not follow the codes, also KGB, Russian and Military officials became criminals thus joining or springing up their own groups. Chechens have people in New York, Miami and Los Angeles, also known to have teamed up with Russians, Ukrainians, and Georgians, but are still a minor group compared to the others. The Boston Marathon Bomber keeps being brought up for some reason as being part of OC, but was just an idiot, a terrorist, but not with one of the terrorist organizations either. The Syria war had Chechens that immigrant to US as Syrian refugees not a flood but a small number as Chechens are majority Sunni Islam. After 9/11 it is still difficult for Chechens to become citizens of the US, hence way only a couple of thousand are here legally and mostly in the North Eastern part of the country.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull