GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 402 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,982
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,101
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: CNote] #1072159
10/15/23 04:57 AM
10/15/23 04:57 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by CNote
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by CNote
Larry Gallo and Sammy Gravano both changed families after being made.

CNote, thats not completely correct. Gravano was on-record as an "associate" with the Colombo crew (he was never inducted as a member with them.) After getting released to the Gambino crew, he was later inducted with them.

And I think you mean "Albert Gallo," not his old brother Larry. As far as I know, Larry was always with the old Profaci/Colombo crew. His kid brother Albert (Blast) was an "associate" of that crew too. But after Larry died of cancer and their brother Joey got whacked out, Chin Gigante was able to convince the Colombo crew to release Albert to him. Thereafter, the Genovese crew inducted Albert and another former Colombo affiliate, Albert's close friend Frank (Punchy) Illiano.

I stand corrected NYM, I should know better than to post here without fact checking my hunches, Thanks.

CNote, like they say, "no harm, no foul." At one time or another, we all make mistakes. Thats why we're on this forum, to support and learn from one another.

But the more important thing is we always act gentlemanly and civil with one another. And thats something you always do. So thank you for that. It's always my pleasure to interact with a gentleman like you.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072179
10/15/23 03:34 PM
10/15/23 03:34 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Ally persico senior - when he got out of jail was made into patriarca family (due to NY books being closed) then “transferred “ immediately back to Colombos to join the administration effectively. He was given a “time served button” and with Carmine being the force that he was no-one was going to say anything about that!

Another example of the close ties throughout the years between Boston and colombos.

Oh yeah don’t forget Nicky bianco was a Colombo associate who swapped to patriarcas and got his button there

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072190
10/15/23 05:08 PM
10/15/23 05:08 PM
I
irishkaos Offline
Made Member
irishkaos  Offline
I
Made Member
Jackie DiNorscio transferred from Philly to the Lucchese.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Giacalone] #1072191
10/15/23 05:14 PM
10/15/23 05:14 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Giacalone
Within the five families, it almost never happens. It can happen between cities, but it's also rare

I believe several Cleveland members transferred to Los Angeles family.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: streetbossliborio] #1072247
10/15/23 10:55 PM
10/15/23 10:55 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Ally persico senior - when he got out of jail was made into patriarca family (due to NY books being closed) then “transferred “ immediately back to Colombos to join the administration effectively. He was given a “time served button” and with Carmine being the force that he was no-one was going to say anything about that!

Another example of the close ties throughout the years between Boston and colombos.

Oh yeah don’t forget Nicky bianco was a Colombo associate who swapped to patriarcas and got his button there

It was the Bufalino Family Persico was made into and then transfered to the Colombo Family.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072252
10/16/23 03:52 AM
10/16/23 03:52 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Im not sure but i think there was one Mike Moro (?) who started in Chicago (Cicero?) but later ended up in Buffalo or something like that.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072253
10/16/23 05:15 AM
10/16/23 05:15 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Some of the greatest examples of these types of "transfers" or "re-affiliations" can be seen between the east coast and west coast (California families,) namely San Jose, San Francisco and L.A.

For example; Dominick Anzalone and Vito Adragna were both originally card-carrying members of the Pittsburgh, PA Family, until they later relocated out to California and transferred their Cosa Nostra memberships to the San Jose crew. Capo Angelo Marino was another former Pittsburgh member. Stefano Zoccoli was another.

Another was soldier Salvatore Cerrito, and even his brother, Joe Cerrito (who later actually became boss of the S.J. Family) were originally soldiers of Brooklyn's Profaci Family. Soldier Frank Buffa was another one who relocated from the Brooklyn crew out to San Jose.

The California families are replete with examples of fellas who transferred their memberships to those crews after moving out west.

But there are many other inducted members who fit the same exact profiles sprinkled throughout other borgatas across the country.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: NYMafia] #1072257
10/16/23 05:53 AM
10/16/23 05:53 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Some of the greatest examples of these types of "transfers" or "re-affiliations" can be seen between the east coast and west coast (California families,) namely San Jose, San Francisco and L.A.

For example; Dominick Anzalone and Vito Adragna were both originally card-carrying members of the Pittsburgh, PA Family, until they later relocated out to California and transferred their Cosa Nostra memberships to the San Jose crew. Capo Angelo Marino was another former Pittsburgh member. Stefano Zoccoli was another.

Another was soldier Salvatore Cerrito, and even his brother, Joe Cerrito (who later actually became boss of the S.J. Family) were originally soldiers of Brooklyn's Profaci Family. Soldier Frank Buffa was another one who relocated from the Brooklyn crew out to San Jose.

The California families are replete with examples of fellas who transferred their memberships to those crews after moving out west.

But there are many other inducted members who fit the same exact profiles sprinkled throughout other borgatas across the country.

For what its worth, back during the late 1910s one alleged old Chicago Mafia member Tommy Petrotta relocated to Sacramento, California and possibly sooner or later transferred his membership. Petrotta wasn’t the only alleged Chicago member who relocated out west since in 1917 he was followed by another alleged member Tony D’Acunto and also one Vincenzo Roselli, who in turn relocated few years later, and they mainly operated around West Market St. in Los Angeles, California; meaning they also probably switched membership.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Toodoped] #1072258
10/16/23 06:19 AM
10/16/23 06:19 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Toodoped

For what its worth, back during the late 1910s one alleged old Chicago Mafia member Tommy Petrotta relocated to Sacramento, California and possibly sooner or later transferred his membership. Petrotta wasn’t the only alleged Chicago member who relocated out west since in 1917 he was followed by another alleged member Tony D’Acunto and also one Vincenzo Roselli, who in turn relocated few years later, and they mainly operated around West Market St. in Los Angeles, California; meaning they also probably switched membership.

No doubt. And there are other Chicago examples, such as Johnny Roselli (who I think you mentioned in an earlier post.) The Detroit crew for that matter also had guys relocate out to CA.

"Transfers" between families in other states was actually quite common back in the day.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072265
10/16/23 08:08 AM
10/16/23 08:08 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Mike Rizzittello tried to be better: asked to NY the ok to start his own family in L.A. but NY said no,at the end he runned a semi-indepent crew in L.A. family.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 10/16/23 08:09 AM.
Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: NYMafia] #1072266
10/16/23 08:15 AM
10/16/23 08:15 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

No doubt. And there are other Chicago examples, such as Johnny Roselli (who I think you mentioned in an earlier post.) The Detroit crew for that matter also had guys relocate out to CA.

"Transfers" between families in other states was actually quite common back in the day.

One of the still most "mysterious" crews for me is the old Indiana crew. It seems there was a crew there even before Capone, and was either connected to one of Chicagos old or former families, or was independent. Big Jim Colosimo had interests in that area but I think there was also either a Sicilian decina over there or some small Sicilian fam, and years later that same faction fell under the old Chicago Mafia and later under the Chicago Outfit, especially under the Chi Heights group.

Im saying this because theres a great possibility that some old Indinana members later joined the Chicago family or switched membership. By the 1952/53 the "new" Indiana crew was mainly created by old time Mafia members from the old North Side group, something which might confirm my theory. One of the Indiana capos was former member of the old North Side mafia Tony Pinelli who I previously mentioned regarding switching his membership to the LA fam sometime around the mid 1960s.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Mafia101] #1072301
10/16/23 07:33 PM
10/16/23 07:33 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK

Originally Posted by Mafia101

It was the Bufalino Family Persico was made into and then transfered to the Colombo Family.

Oh was it them, good spot TD. Must’ve mixed them up. Russell buffalino was everywhere in that life man, how was he so well connected

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072309
10/17/23 12:05 AM
10/17/23 12:05 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Don’t forget about Larry Bianco. Got made while the books were closed and seemed to have spent a ton of time with the Colombo’s and of course New England

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: streetbossliborio] #1072310
10/17/23 02:10 AM
10/17/23 02:10 AM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline OP
Capo
Malavita  Offline OP
M
Capo
Paris

Oh was it them, good spot TD. Must’ve mixed them up. Russell buffalino was everywhere in that life man, how was he so well connected

Speaking about Russel Baffalino i've started reading Billy D'Elia's book and the first quote is by Buffalino :

"The impossible, we could fix right away. Miracles take a day or two"

I love that quote. It tells you everything about how much power these guys had at the time and how confident they felt.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: dixiemafia] #1072312
10/17/23 02:25 AM
10/17/23 02:25 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Don’t forget about Larry Bianco. Got made while the books were closed and seemed to have spent a ton of time with the Colombo’s and of course New England

I think you meant to say Nicky Bianco.

Yes, Bianco "switched" several times. He originally started out with Ray Patriarca in NE. Ray sent him down to NYC as an emissary and potential peacemaker during the first Gallo-Profaci War.

Nicky ended up staying with the Colombo for decades, and eventually got inducted there. After the second internal war - The Gallo-Colombo War - he moved away from Brooklyn, back up to NE and got himself transferred permanently to the NE crew, where he eventually rose to a position of prominence.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Toodoped] #1072331
10/17/23 11:44 AM
10/17/23 11:44 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Im not sure but i think there was one Mike Moro (?) who started in Chicago (Cicero?) but later ended up in Buffalo or something like that.

Some additional info regarding Moro and it seems he was also one of Rosellis mentors...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072333
10/17/23 12:40 PM
10/17/23 12:40 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
......so which family this guy belonged to?

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Toodoped] #1072336
10/17/23 01:21 PM
10/17/23 01:21 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Thats a very good question, TD. Truthfully, I've never heard of any of these guys.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: NYMafia] #1072447
10/18/23 06:25 AM
10/18/23 06:25 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

Thats a very good question, TD. Truthfully, I've never heard of any of these guys.

It seems Moro was first in Buffalo and later in LA,. Later he ended up in Chicago and to become a "big man" in Chicago during the 1930s means that Moro probably had big connections in the Outfit and his connection to Roselli makes me think that Moro was directly connected to Ricca. Also it seems he later went to Canada....one quite mysterious individual lol

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072453
10/18/23 09:24 AM
10/18/23 09:24 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
It might be the same guy, I have a Michele Moro who was associated with Red Hook, Frankie Yale pre 1920s who was also associated with the Camorra, who went to Rochester NY. It could be the same guy, mid 20s before 1920?

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1072506
10/19/23 02:12 AM
10/19/23 02:12 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
It might be the same guy, I have a Michele Moro who was associated with Red Hook, Frankie Yale pre 1920s who was also associated with the Camorra, who went to Rochester NY. It could be the same guy, mid 20s before 1920?

Might be the same guy.

The reports say that Moro owned a joint in Buffalo pre and post Prohibition. It also says that in 1923 Moro was in NYC and so he probably arrived in Chicago sometime during the mid 1920s and probably stayed there intil 1932 or by the end of Prohibition, and later went to LA where he operated a new joint and also operated a joint in AZ, meaning the guy was all around the country lol. Interesting to note is that the late 1920s and early 30s was the time period when many mobsters fled Chicago because of the bloody conflict at the time. Im not saying that Moro was one of those guys but who knows?! Maybe he was the "Roselli" type of member who had membership in another family but also had close ties to Chicago and NY/Buffalo?

Interesting to note is that two of Moro's brothers Albert and Harry possibly remained in Berwyn which is an area next to Cicero, something which confirms Moro's old bootlegging ops in that same territory. Moro also had a sister and her husband worked in Chicago's City Hall until the early 1950s.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072881
10/22/23 08:30 AM
10/22/23 08:30 AM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
Pittsburgh back in the day had made guys switch to California and of course Frank Valenti went to Rochester to be Boss.

Re: Swapping made guys between families [Re: Malavita] #1072883
10/22/23 09:09 AM
10/22/23 09:09 AM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
In addition, heres the file regarding Outfit capo Tony Pinelli..

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull