GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Malavita), 362 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,428
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? #1070151
09/25/23 05:16 PM
09/25/23 05:16 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
What would happen if a YouTube rat or a mob Podcaster got whacked? Besides the obvious and eventual prison time for murder, would it shake the other rats up and make them close up shop and crawl under a rock somewhere? Would it bring back the necessity for the Witness Protection Program? Would it stop rats from going back to their old neighborhoods and giving interviews with big smirks on their face?

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070156
09/25/23 05:41 PM
09/25/23 05:41 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Liggio
What would happen if a YouTube rat or a mob Podcaster got whacked? Besides the obvious and eventual prison time for murder, would it shake the other rats up and make them close up shop and crawl under a rock somewhere? Would it bring back the necessity for the Witness Protection Program? Would it stop rats from going back to their old neighborhoods and giving interviews with big smirks on their face?

No.Simply would pay some private guards to watch their back.

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070159
09/25/23 05:45 PM
09/25/23 05:45 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
Not all rats have that kind of money, from what I hear John Alite doesn't.

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070162
09/25/23 06:16 PM
09/25/23 06:16 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
A few youtubers not mafia related necessarily from california have gotten killed talking about prison politics and being dropouts and insulting people. One for example his channel was savagstudios he got at work

https://youtu.be/VF4mSs_S2co?si=pWwFBalS5TRn3DK_

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070171
09/25/23 07:40 PM
09/25/23 07:40 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
Thanks Primo, I'll definitely check it out.

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070173
09/25/23 08:05 PM
09/25/23 08:05 PM
Dixie,ofcourse
M
MemphisMafia Offline
Made Member
MemphisMafia  Offline
M
Made Member
Dixie,ofcourse
Yeah, there is another Cali convict who was a suspect in a double murder where a couple youtube guys came to his home I believe.California prison is serious as it gets.

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070178
09/25/23 09:24 PM
09/25/23 09:24 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss

I guarantee you if any cartel soldier went on you tube running their mouth they would send a hit squad after him and make him disappear.

Last edited by RushStreet; 09/25/23 09:24 PM.
Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070199
09/26/23 07:13 AM
09/26/23 07:13 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
More than likely. People don't realize that even if you're not harming anyone legally or only talking about past events, you're still humiliating the organization. It's embarrassing for people still in that life. I do like Joey Merlino talking shit about the rats though because it's refreshing. Everyone seems to praise rats nowadays so for someone to finally push back it's refreshing.

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070205
09/26/23 10:39 AM
09/26/23 10:39 AM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Allowing that behavior is the reason they are weak in many aspects.

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: RushStreet] #1070206
09/26/23 10:50 AM
09/26/23 10:50 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by RushStreet

I guarantee you if any cartel soldier went on you tube running their mouth they would send a hit squad after him and make him disappear.

If a cartel member started running his mouth on YouTube, the next video he's gonna feature in will be one on BestGore.

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1070208
09/26/23 11:09 AM
09/26/23 11:09 AM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

If a cartel member started running his mouth on YouTube, the next video he's gonna feature in will be one on BestGore.

Which makes me ask the question... Why won't the mob do something similar to someone in this situation? Why are the Cartels so willing to act with violence? It has to go deeper than just "Oh the Mexican authorities will allow us to do this type of shit without any consequences."

What I see is that the Mexican mafia or cartels, whatever you want to call them, are just not afraid to use Violence. It seems like the Italian American mafia is not willing to use that same type of violence.

Which doesn't make any sense to me to be completely honest with you.

Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: RushStreet] #1070211
09/26/23 11:36 AM
09/26/23 11:36 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

Which makes me ask the question... Why won't the mob do something similar to someone in this situation? Why are the Cartels so willing to act with violence? It has to go deeper than just "Oh the Mexican authorities will allow us to do this type of shit without any consequences."

What I see is that the Mexican mafia or cartels, whatever you want to call them, are just not afraid to use Violence. It seems like the Italian American mafia is not willing to use that same type of violence.

Which doesn't make any sense to me to be completely honest with you.

Honestly, the reason is really just as simple as being able to get away with it. Mexican law enforcement is in shambles. US law enforcement - in spite of all its problems and defects - is not.

Another reason is numbers. Mexico has a population of 126 million people of which 44% live below the poverty line. Of course the vast majority of poor people are not criminals and just do their best to get by, but combine such a high poverty rate with a well-established presence of organized crime and it's safe to say criminal organizations certainly won't run out of potential recruits any time soon.
Full blooded Italian-Americans on the other hand are about 2% of the US population (close to 6 million people) of which the majority by now are at least middle class. The American mafia simply doesn't have the inexhaustive well of potential recruits the Mexican cartels have. When you take a look at Calabria, Sicily and Campania in Italy you can see that all of those regions have a poverty rate of about 20%. Seeing there's also the presence of a huge underworld you can bet the Ndrangheta, the Mafia or the Camorra clans aren't going to run out of recruits either. The vast majority of Italian Americans these days just aren't in that situation.
The American mafia families are and have to be picky about who they make and they need every single member and preferably on the streets to earn. In Mexico a cartel can just pick any doped up whacked out moron to decapitate someone on camera because they have an endless list of expendable members.

A third reason is also the "cultural" difference between a mafia-type association and a drug cartel. A mafia-type association was always meant to be a secret society. A drug cartel on the other hand thrives on all-out terror.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 09/26/23 11:43 AM.
Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070212
09/26/23 11:48 AM
09/26/23 11:48 AM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
I agree with your points, but lets just say they did want to make a point........

Why would it have to be an Italian American who did the job? The mob has hired african american gang members for years to carry out hits.

You are telling me there would be an issue finding some young gang bangers who want to make a name for themselves and get off on taking care of a mob member who ran his mouth on you tube? Doesn't have to be recorded on film.

Last edited by RushStreet; 09/26/23 11:49 AM.
Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070216
09/26/23 12:08 PM
09/26/23 12:08 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
We can make all sorts of excuses, but the fact is that it's a big sign of weakness. It's one thing to not try to track guys down in the Witness Protection Program who are trying their damnest to hide, it's completely different when you allow people to broadcast their rat statuses on YouTube and whatnot, and even go back to their old neighborhoods and rub it all in your face. But it's not like it hasn't happened or won't ever happen. Patriarca turncoat Joe Barboza was killed in 1976, Lucchese rat Frank Lagano was killed in 2007, and I think Mario Riccobene was killed. But it's extremely rare, and none of those rats were out in public rubbing their noses in it like John Alite and Bingy Arilotta.

Last edited by Liggio; 09/26/23 12:09 PM.
Re: What would happen if a YouTube rat got killed? [Re: Liggio] #1070237
09/26/23 04:56 PM
09/26/23 04:56 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
The fact that so many stoolies are running their mouth on YouTube is not a good look for the Mob, that much I agree. I don't see how you can survive in the underworld without getting respect and when it comes to getting respect, violence comes with that territory. That's just a fact.
The fact that some of the podcast rats - like for instance Alite, Borrello and Arillotta - are some of the worst garbage people around makes it all the more painful. These are guys who absolutely relished in hurting others, but when push came to shove and it was time to pay up for their sins it was clear that they're able to dish it out but that they're completely unable to take it. If you're someone in the life it must really sting to see vermin like that running their mouth online.

But I do think it's extremely difficult to take them out now. Say one of the YouTube rats gets whacked; even if the person they catch for the shooting isn't Italian, who do you think LE is going to look into? Yup, the Mob. And you can bet your left nut they're going to go hard in trying to do the Mob some serious damage.
Getting gangbangers to do the hit? Sure there's plenty of gangbangers around, but what about the quality control? No doubt there's capable and competent hitters around in street gangs, but those guys tend to take care of themselves and already make plenty of money on their own. They don't need the Mob, no matter how deep some wiseguys' pockets may be. So are they gonna outsource a hit that will draw a lot of heat to some third-rate idiot? I doubt it's worth the risk.
The Zottola hit wasn't a Mob hit, but when you take it as an example in outsourcing a hit to your average gangbanger...it's not a good look. How many times did they mess up an attempted hit? And how quick did the gangbanger in case flip? Exactly.

In theory it's not impossible to whack some podcast stoolie, but it's gonna have to come with a sacrifice. And if that sacrifice is worth it...that's a question you gotta ask yourself.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull