GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 133 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,489
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The NYC festival that starts today? #1069160
09/14/23 06:50 PM
09/14/23 06:50 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline OP
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline OP
Underboss
North Jersey
Have only been to it 1 time in late 90’s but always heard how LCN had involvement in it (I don’t believe they do now or if so, it is minimal)
They said it has been going for 97 years and wondered if any of the early bosses had anything to do with its inception?

Re: The NYC festival that starts today? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #1069186
09/15/23 06:46 AM
09/15/23 06:46 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Are you speaking of the San Gennaro Feast, along Mulberry Street in NYC's Little Italy?

If so, I can tell you that almost since day one of its inception, All of NYC's Italian "festas" regardless of which borough they were in, but especially in Manhattan, have been "mobbed up."

San Gennaro Feast (Little Italy)
St. Anthony Feast (Greenwich Village)
Mount Carmel Feast (East Harlem)

...plus, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, etc. They have all had their fair share of "friends" involved.

Re: The NYC festival that starts today? [Re: NYMafia] #1069404
09/17/23 11:56 PM
09/17/23 11:56 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
So.. during the festivities , If I wanted 2 sell.... say...sausage & peppers on a long roll..I would in this day & age have 2 answer 2 a higher being????

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: The NYC festival that starts today? [Re: hoodlum] #1069412
09/18/23 05:00 AM
09/18/23 05:00 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by hoodlum
So.. during the festivities , If I wanted 2 sell.... say...sausage & peppers on a long roll..I would in this day & age have 2 answer 2 a higher being????

Well, technically, you have to make an application to the San Gennaro Society, a little storefront that was always located on Mulberry Street. They organize and head the feast (similar church societies operate the same way for other feasts throughout the city.)

But, understand, that aside from being affiliated with the church and having the designated "authority" from them to operate the feast, there are people who are "behind" this entity who are generally connected guys (or at least thats how its always been for over a century already.)

These are the actual men who controls the companies that will provide the lighting, construct the wooden "stands" and stalls, supply the foods, bread, vegetables, provisions, utensils, games of chance, etc., etc, to the people who "rent" the curb stands/locations along Mulberry and adjoining streets of the feast.

The connected guys are also the ones who actually dole out which strategic locations will be awarded to which vendors. And you pay "rent" to them and buy all your supplies from them.

It was/is a potentially lucrative 10 days for everyone, especially mob guys.

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/18/23 05:02 AM.
Re: The NYC festival that starts today? [Re: NYMafia] #1069947
09/24/23 04:32 AM
09/24/23 04:32 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by NYMafia

Well, technically, you have to make an application to the San Gennaro Society, a little storefront that was always located on Mulberry Street. They organize and head the feast (similar church societies operate the same way for other feasts throughout the city.)

But, understand, that aside from being affiliated with the church and having the designated "authority" from them to operate the feast, there are people who are "behind" this entity who are generally connected guys (or at least thats how its always been for over a century already.)

These are the actual men who controls the companies that will provide the lighting, construct the wooden "stands" and stalls, supply the foods, bread, vegetables, provisions, utensils, games of chance, etc., etc, to the people who "rent" the curb stands/locations along Mulberry and adjoining streets of the feast.

The connected guys are also the ones who actually dole out which strategic locations will be awarded to which vendors. And you pay "rent" to them and buy all your supplies from them.

Well, thanx 4 that info NYM..even though u & I both know that I am not going 2 that xtent here in Philly..just always wondered how it worked & u simplified it 4 me in laymens terms..much obliged .

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: The NYC festival that starts today? [Re: hoodlum] #1069954
09/24/23 06:49 AM
09/24/23 06:49 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by NYMafia

Well, thanx 4 that info NYM..even though u & I both know that I am not going 2 that xtent here in Philly..just always wondered how it worked & u simplified it 4 me in laymens terms..much obliged .

My pleasure Hoodlum

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull