GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Mafia101, Havana), 50 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,432
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Charles Panarella & C. Persico #1068995
09/12/23 08:41 PM
09/12/23 08:41 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
I have a question; Why didn’t Carmine Persico have Charles Panarella whacked after his crew (Panarella’s) said he was too violent and abusive.

I’ve heard tales that Persico was afraid of Panarella and black-listed him to Vegas because he (Persico) didn’t want to whack him (Panarella) because of repercussions that could have ensured.

I’ve read that all 5 families feared Panarella and he was not a guy to trifle with or you would’ve of ended up dead….

Anyways my question is; Was Persico afraid to whack Panarella??

Also is it true that Persico thought Sonny Franzese and Panarella was going to take over the family at some point???

Story says… Those two were the only guys that Persico “feared”

Last edited by Zavattoni; 09/12/23 08:46 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069024
09/13/23 12:58 PM
09/13/23 12:58 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Bump; I don’t want this topic to end up down the list of the forums where it’s never answered.

Was Carmine Persico afraid to whack Charles Panarella? Panarella was a violent guy and his crew was one of the most powerful and vicious in the Colombo family.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069026
09/13/23 01:44 PM
09/13/23 01:44 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

I doubt it. Persico was the baddest guy out there. I doubt he felt threatened by Panarella, otherwise he would have clipped him.

Charlie Moose was just another guy among 150 guys. He was tough. He was capable. But he was nobody special....no more so than dozens upon dozens upon dozens of other "capable" guys they had.

He even stepped up into an "acting" role in the early 1970s. But when he was told to step down, he stepped down. Otherwise they would have stepped him down. Understand?

Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069035
09/13/23 03:21 PM
09/13/23 03:21 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@NYMafia.

Why did Persico have Panarella migrate to Vegas? It’s been stated that it’s because Panarella’s crew thought he was “abusive”…. and too violent…

Why couldn’t Panarella just be demoted or just stay on as a captain in NYC??

I believe Persico was afraid to have Panarella whacked… but I respect your knowledge of the situation….

Also can you answer why Persico was afraid of a Panarella/Franzese take over?

Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069038
09/13/23 04:25 PM
09/13/23 04:25 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

There is a lot of gibberish that gets started, and is later bandied around, by guys who start bullshit rumors, or guys who don't know what the fuck they're really talking about who just talk for the sake of talking. Follow what I'm trying to say here?

So a lot of what you may have heard is false.

A good example of this might be the fact that Panarella moved out to Vegas. First of all, truth be told, Charlie loved to gamble. So him later choosing to move out to LV, is, for me at least, no great leap.

And as far as him being demoted? That may or may not have been the case. I cannot speak to that because I don't have any real direct knowledge of that situation.

If he abused his men, Junior might have "broke" him down from capo to soldier. And if Charlie balked at that, Junior may have gone further and decided to "shelve" him too! Who really knows?

But also keep in mind, his offense, if there even was an "offense" to begin with, may not have been that serious that he deserved to get whacked out, understand? Because not every violation of the rules dictates that a guy's gotta go. Theres' gotta be sufficient reason for it.

But, regardless of whether he was a soldier in good standing, or not, he was getting older, he had done a lot of time, and he was hot. A member has a right to relocate where he likes (with the permission of the boss, of course.)

So, it may be he just requested permission to move out west. After all, he wouldn't be the first guy to do that. right?

Maybe he knew a few guys out there who he went into business with, or had action with. Maybe he had a few friends out there (I know he did.) Maybe he wanted to semi-retire. It could be a lot of things, or all of those things.
-
Lastly, as far as the "alleged" conspiracy between Panarella/Franzese and their alliance to overthrow the Persico administration?

I think it's laughable. Downright comical. And I suggest that you don't believe any of that nonsense.

Sonny was NEVER gonna go against Junior in a million years. No less with a guy like a Panarella. Sonny was way too loyal and shrewd for a bonehead move like that.

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/13/23 04:28 PM.
Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069041
09/13/23 05:23 PM
09/13/23 05:23 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Franzese was always on parole for 1967 sentence of 50 years.
If he would try something he would be arrest and serve the whole sentence in prison,not a good idea

Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: furio_from_naples] #1069045
09/13/23 05:30 PM
09/13/23 05:30 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Franzese was always on parole for 1967 sentence of 50 years.
If he would try something he would be arrest and serve the whole sentence in prison,not a good idea

Thats another good point Furio. He always had that half-century hanging over his head like a guillotine.

Not that even if he was off parole would he ever collaborate with a guy like Panarella against Persico. I just don't see it.

Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069051
09/13/23 06:19 PM
09/13/23 06:19 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@NYMafia.

Why did Persico have Panarella migrate to Vegas? It’s been stated that it’s because Panarella’s crew thought he was “abusive”…. and too violent…

Why couldn’t Panarella just be demoted or just stay on as a captain in NYC??

I believe Persico was afraid to have Panarella whacked… but I respect your knowledge of the situation….

Also can you answer why Persico was afraid of a Panarella/Franzese take over?

Zavattoni, I hope that I was able to address some of your questions with my post above.

Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069058
09/13/23 07:26 PM
09/13/23 07:26 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@NYMafia

You got to me a bit; You’re not the type to be blunt towards me lol.

Anyways…(I’m kidding btw) I get what you’re saying…

Where did the Panarella/Franzese rumor come from??

But you do have to admit…. Panarella had a violent crew…..,.. Wasn’t he Greg Scarpa’s “Captain/Capo”?

Last edited by Zavattoni; 09/13/23 07:32 PM.

Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069086
09/13/23 07:51 PM
09/13/23 07:51 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@NYMafia

You got to me a bit; You’re not the type to be blunt towards me lol.

Anyways…(I’m kidding btw) I get what you’re saying…

Where did the Panarella/Franzese rumor come from??

But you do have to admit…. Panarella had a violent crew…..,.. Wasn’t he Greg Scarpa’s “Captain/Capo”?

Lol. I'm not trying to be contrary or argumentative, at all. So please don't take it that way. I'm just trying to make you understand my viewpoints and "mob" logic.

And I have no idea whatsoever where a rumor such as the Panarella/Franzese alliance would have started. Truth be told, I'm not sure I've ever even really read or heard about such a thing (I may have, but I don't recall it.)

And Panarella did have a violent and capable crew. But even with that, you gotta understand, that men are "assigned" to you by the administration, and, likewise, men are "pulled" from you and assigned elsewhere.

So many of those so-called soldiers of his, may not have really been "his" own personal men to begin with, understand? And in that case, they may not have necessarily been loyal to Charlie Moose.

In fact, thats an "age old" tactic in the mob used by the bosses to keep everybody in line and always have their ears to the ground in every single crew. It's a good way to prevent insurrection.

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/13/23 07:52 PM.
Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069577
09/19/23 09:07 PM
09/19/23 09:07 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Oscar goodman represented Charlie moose out in vegas.

To the point - During the last Colombo war I believe Charlie moose threw his support behind vic orena which indicates he wasn’t loyal to Persico for whatever reason.

Charlie moose was feared and was widely known as behind the mimi scialo hit and the subsequent hits on scialos crew members who were pissed about it.

Moose was said to have been banished but like NYM has suggested who knows. What we do know is that he was known as a heavyweight and that he had no love lost for persico

Re: Charles Panarella & C. Persico [Re: Zavattoni] #1069578
09/19/23 09:14 PM
09/19/23 09:14 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Truth be told after sonny got that 50 year sentence, and then got out I doubt persico saw him as a credible threat considering the heat on sonny as well as his constant returning to jail. With moose out in vegas also I don’t see it stacking up. That life is full of a healthy amount of paranoia to keep on top but I don’t see it. Both moose and sonny were bonafide heavyweights in the Colombo family though with a lot of hits behind them:

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull