GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 130 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,542
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted #1066907
08/16/23 05:57 PM
08/16/23 05:57 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing NYC Mafia Buster Rudy Giuliani Indicted on Trump RICO Charge
'They're f--- thrilled,' veteran mob lawyer Murray Richman said of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations rap out of Georgia tied to 2020 election

https://themessenger.com/news/wiseg...source=onsite&utm_medium=latest_news

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066915
08/16/23 06:48 PM
08/16/23 06:48 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Thats a thousand percent correct, Hollander....No, I have to retract that statement. Make that one-million percent!

Because wiseguys all over the place, buy especially NY wise guys old enough to know his history, or to have been burned by him, are celebrating now that Rudy got it stuck to him (with the same type of RICO laws he tortured many of them with.)

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066917
08/16/23 06:52 PM
08/16/23 06:52 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander

Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing NYC Mafia Buster Rudy Giuliani Indicted on Trump RICO Charge
'They're f--- thrilled,' veteran mob lawyer Murray Richman said of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations rap out of Georgia tied to 2020 election

https://themessenger.com/news/wiseg...source=onsite&utm_medium=latest_news

As they say, "What goes around, comes around."

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066918
08/16/23 07:04 PM
08/16/23 07:04 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Maybe he'll go "on the lam" and get a Wanted Poster put out on him....lol.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066930
08/16/23 08:12 PM
08/16/23 08:12 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

LOL

But I do think it is a bit of a stretch to use RICO, no threats, violence, extortion etc...a criminal organization IDK..

Last edited by Hollander; 08/16/23 08:13 PM.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066931
08/16/23 08:27 PM
08/16/23 08:27 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Many of those indicted are lawyers btw.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066938
08/16/23 09:12 PM
08/16/23 09:12 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
They don’t give a flying fuck !

If it’s not costing them money right this minute then they have no clue.

Possibly 10% remember anything about it , only what the boys tell them that were around .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066939
08/16/23 09:13 PM
08/16/23 09:13 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
I'd caution against rushing to his defense, H. It's largely because of Giuliani that many good people have had no chance of a defense. Merely because they happened to shake hands with the wrong guy or sit on the wrong couch. The RICO Act deems one culpable even in the absence of direct involvement. How is that not unconstitutional? The fact that Giuliani is finally experiencing his own medicine is so wonderfully beautiful that articulating it adequately becomes difficult.

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Serpiente] #1066941
08/16/23 09:29 PM
08/16/23 09:29 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Serpiente

Possibly 10% remember anything about it , only what the boys tell them that were around .

I believe many people fail to grasp the true peril posed by the RICO act. The current situation involving Trump and Giuliani serves as a vivid illustration. None of us wish to witness such occurrences within our great nation. This dangerous legislation can essentially be wielded to bring charges against anyone for virtually any reason! I've witnessed its application against realtors and individuals with no discernible ties to organized crime whatsoever.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066942
08/16/23 09:32 PM
08/16/23 09:32 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
These politicians are far worse than all those mob bosses brought down by RICO. They are RICO.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066943
08/16/23 09:59 PM
08/16/23 09:59 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Rudy may look around, get scared, and rat! He'll lie, as many rats do. I can imagine him saying in his first interview: " I realized that the life wasn't what I thought it was. In The Republican Party they are all out for themselves, and Trump and others were setting me up to take the rap. It was all their fault.....if Donald ashy listened to me and been more low key we would have been fine.. it was all his fault...."

In a few years him and Gravano will share a podcast. smile

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Giacalone] #1066945
08/16/23 10:33 PM
08/16/23 10:33 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacalone

I believe many people fail to grasp the true peril posed by the RICO act. The current situation involving Trump and Giuliani serves as a vivid illustration. None of us wish to witness such occurrences within our great nation. This dangerous legislation can essentially be wielded to bring charges against anyone for virtually any reason! I've witnessed its application against realtors and individuals with no discernible ties to organized crime whatsoever.

I don't really think Blakely understood what it was going to become. In another article, which I can't find right now, he said something to the effect that RICO is being used in ways it was never intended (civil cases, etc. ) But that's what happens when lawmakers create a totally ridiculous law like RICO for one specific group of people. A law which is "virtually impossible to defend." The one in this case, of course, is Georgia's version, but the sentiment is the same.

Attached Files RICO-ImpossibletoDefend.JPG
Last edited by MafiaStudent; 08/16/23 10:34 PM.
Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066946
08/16/23 11:01 PM
08/16/23 11:01 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
A lot of guys are happy. But an indictment is not a conviction. If convicted hopefully he gets a strong sentence like the ones who didn't deserve those harsh sentences.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1066947
08/17/23 12:32 AM
08/17/23 12:32 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
A lot of guys are happy. But an indictment is not a conviction. If convicted hopefully he gets a strong sentence like the ones who didn't deserve those harsh sentences.

And this is not G. Robert Blakey's "federal" version of RICO, but a "state" version crafted by the State of Georgia. But most states do follow the general format crafted by Blakey and their RICO Law pretty much mirrors the fed's version.

I know that NYS's RICO Law can be extremely difficult to shake loose from and that some of its penalties upon conviction are sometimes even harsher than the Federal version.

I also read that under Georgia's RICO Law, conviction on ANY of the various counts Trump, Giuliani and the others are charged with calls for a "mandatory minimum" of 5 years imprisonment.

So Giuliani and the others are truly facing an uphill battle.

Welcome to RICO fellas! Lol. Now they're gonna get a taste of the draconian "destroy em at all costs" law the government allowed to be enacted years back.

I wonder how good ole' Rudy's feeling about now?

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/17/23 04:28 AM.
Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: MafiaStudent] #1066950
08/17/23 03:04 AM
08/17/23 03:04 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by MafiaStudent

I don't really think Blakely understood what it was going to become. In another article, which I can't find right now, he said something to the effect that RICO is being used in ways it was never intended (civil cases, etc. ) But that's what happens when lawmakers create a totally ridiculous law like RICO for one specific group of people. A law which is "virtually impossible to defend." The one in this case, of course, is Georgia's version, but the sentiment is the same.

100%

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066983
08/17/23 05:27 PM
08/17/23 05:27 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Giuliani getting charged with RICO is almost hysterically funny. In some way it's the "reap what you sow" saying come to life.
Though whatever punishment he may or may not receive of it...I doubt it's gonna be adequate enough to compensate for all the shit he pulled or for all those years he walked around with that smug smirk on his face.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1066984
08/17/23 05:36 PM
08/17/23 05:36 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Giuliani getting charged with RICO is almost hysterically funny. In some way it's the "reap what you sow" saying come to life.
Though whatever punishment he may or may not receive of it...I doubt it's gonna be adequate enough to compensate for all the shit he pulled or for all those years he walked around with that smug smirk on his face.

He destroyed a lot of guys...while the cameras shined on his stupid face. Lol.

And I'm not talkin' just about mob guys either (although he tortured many "good" guys over shit charges,) but lots of relatives of innocent of guys, friends, and fellas on the rim because it made him look like the ultimate " Racket Buster."

So, as far as I'm concerned? This present "problem" he's now facing, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Lol

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: NYMafia] #1066990
08/17/23 06:18 PM
08/17/23 06:18 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia

And I'm not talkin' just about mob guys either (although he tortured many "good" guys over shit charges,) but lots of relatives of innocent of guys, friends, and fellas on the rim because it made him look like the ultimate " Racket Buster."

So, as far as I'm concerned? This present "problem" he's now facing, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Lol

Couldn't have said it better myself. The amount of innocent people who've been railroaded by RICO is astronomical. Fuck this guy! Lol

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Giacalone] #1066991
08/17/23 06:19 PM
08/17/23 06:19 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

I'd caution against rushing to his defense, H. It's largely because of Giuliani that many good people have had no chance of a defense. Merely because they happened to shake hands with the wrong guy or sit on the wrong couch. The RICO Act deems one culpable even in the absence of direct involvement. How is that not unconstitutional? The fact that Giuliani is finally experiencing his own medicine is so wonderfully beautiful that articulating it adequately becomes difficult.

True, he was even granted an award by the Italian government. Later, as New York City mayor, he turned his use of the anti-racketeering law into a vote-getter, presenting himself as the hero of Rico.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Giacalone] #1066997
08/17/23 06:40 PM
08/17/23 06:40 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Couldn't have said it better myself. The amount of innocent people who've been railroaded by RICO is astronomical. Fuck this guy! Lol

1000% Bo, 1000%!...It seems we're simpatico on this issue. And as you so aptly put it, ""Fuck this guy!"" LOL

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1066998
08/17/23 06:41 PM
08/17/23 06:41 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
How much difference is there between fed and state rico?

My husband is currently facing 11 state rico charges in NJ. NJ seems pretty harsh with their rico penalties. The judge has said if my husband were to be found guilty on all 11 charges and given max sentences, it would be 113 years for those 11 charges, which is ridiculous, but that's by the book.

The others that are facing charges along with my husband (the enterprise, as they are referred to), are all going to be on trial at the same time, together, like they want to do with Trump's case.
Also, the way the NJ prosecutor wrote up her one plea offer that they each got, it's contingent on all defendants taking their plea or nobody can. I don't know if that's part of rico or not, or if that will change at any point, but that's how she wrote it up.

Before this, I hadn't even realized rico can be on a state level. "Little RICO" it's sometimes referred to as.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1067024
08/17/23 08:51 PM
08/17/23 08:51 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Hollander

True, he was even granted an award by the Italian government. Later, as New York City mayor, he turned his use of the anti-racketeering law into a vote-getter, presenting himself as the hero of Rico.

He was, and is, a complete phony.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: carmela] #1067031
08/17/23 09:03 PM
08/17/23 09:03 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by carmela

My husband is currently facing 11 state rico charges in NJ. NJ seems pretty harsh with their rico penalties. The judge has said if my husband were to be found guilty on all 11 charges and given max sentences, it would be 113 years for those 11 charges, which is ridiculous, but that's by the book.

The others that are facing charges along with my husband (the enterprise, as they are referred to), are all going to be on trial at the same time, together, like they want to do with Trump's case.
Also, the way the NJ prosecutor wrote up her one plea offer that they each got, it's contingent on all defendants taking their plea or nobody can. I don't know if that's part of rico or not, or if that will change at any point, but that's how she wrote it up.

Before this, I hadn't even realized rico can be on a state level. "Little RICO" it's sometimes referred to as.

The particulars of "State" RICO laws can, and do, vary from state to state. I'm not sure about the nuances of NJ's RICO law, but, as I've said earlier, the RICO law in some states can actually be harsher for some convictions than the Feds.

As far as facing 113 years in jail. Thats all BS, and just law enforcement's attempt to scare defendants into pleading out. Technically, if the judge went back to back on all counts and "ran em wild" then a guy could get that. (But that never happens Carmela, so don't worry about that.)

And lastly, as to the matter of ALL defendants having to cop a plea, or nobody gets to plea? Thats called a "global plea deal."

The reason why prosecutors will sometimes try and pull that is because they wanna try and quickly "wrap up" the entire case and get done with it. So they pressure defendants who wanna play ball, to pressure their fellow codefendants to cop out also. It's a relatively common government tactic.

Sometimes that sticks. Sometimes the prosecutors soften their position about that....time will tell.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: NYMafia] #1067033
08/17/23 09:28 PM
08/17/23 09:28 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: MafiaStudent] #1067039
08/17/23 11:35 PM
08/17/23 11:35 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted by MafiaStudent

The federal RICO Act, written by Blakey, was on the books for more than a decade but never used because US Attorneys weren't sure how to apply it. Giuliani, as US Attorney for the Southern District of NY, read in Joe Bonanno's autobiograhy, "A Man of Honor" (yeah, right) a description of the Commission a classic example of a "Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization." He called in Blakey to coach his team and him for the Commission case. Law is a competitive business, and witht that success, US Attorneys all over the country were falling over each other to bring RICO cases against OC. States got into the act with their own RICO legislation for the same reason--and not onlly against OC, just anything that'd make headlines and earn promotions.

One of the big reasons RICO appeals to prosecutors is the ease of convicting or coercing defendants as being part of a "conspiracy." In a conspiracy case, the prosecution doesn't have to prove that you committed a crime--only that you were conspiring with others to commit a crime or crimes. And, if the case goes to trial, the judge will allow 'uncorroborated testimony from unindicted co-conspirators." That's a fancy way of saying that if you're the chief defendant, and the prosecution thinks I was in it with you, they'll pull me in, threaten to indict me for the same double-digit-sentence crime--and then offer to not indict me in return for my cooperation with them. In other words, they can ocerce me into testifying against you. And when I do, they won't have to produce a corroborating withness who'll back up my testimony, as they'd have to in a standard felong.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1067041
08/18/23 01:02 AM
08/18/23 01:02 AM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
You guys...are aware that you're cheering for the government, right?

You're bitching about RICO, yet cheering for a case, that if the G wins, will empower State Government beyond anything we've ever imagined.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: alicecooper] #1067046
08/18/23 02:55 AM
08/18/23 02:55 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by alicecooper

You're bitching about RICO, yet cheering for a case, that if the G wins, will empower State Government beyond anything we've ever imagined.

With these comments I don't think most people are focused on whether the G wins or not, per se. But I do think all these rants, which are specifically directed against Giuliani, just go to show how truly despised and disliked this man really is.

Not only by organized crime figures, but by politicians, business people, and the general public also.

This prick hurt an awful lot of people on his way up...so, now, all those same people are clapping and smiling as he falls like a rock.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: NYMafia] #1067059
08/18/23 08:50 AM
08/18/23 08:50 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted by carmela

The particulars of "State" RICO laws can, and do, vary from state to state. I'm not sure about the nuances of NJ's RICO law, but, as I've said earlier, the RICO law in some states can actually be harsher for some convictions than the Feds.

As far as facing 113 years in jail. Thats all BS, and just law enforcement's attempt to scare defendants into pleading out. Technically, if the judge went back to back on all counts and "ran em wild" then a guy could get that. (But that never happens Carmela, so don't worry about that.)

And lastly, as to the matter of ALL defendants having to cop a plea, or nobody gets to plea? Thats called a "global plea deal."

The reason why prosecutors will sometimes try and pull that is because they wanna try and quickly "wrap up" the entire case and get done with it. So they pressure defendants who wanna play ball, to pressure their fellow codefendants to cop out also. It's a relatively common government tactic.

Sometimes that sticks. Sometimes the prosecutors soften their position about that....time will tell.

Thank you, NYMafia for your insight. I do understand the all-or-nothing plea deals, especially if there is one defendant in particular they'd like to try and squeeze out to take a plea, and have the co-defendants put pressure on that one. My husband couldn't take his anyway, bc as she has his offer written, if he accepted, he'd be deported. He's a legal resident, perm green card, but not US citizen, and any sentence over one year, would be grounds for deportation. I'm hoping between now and trial date she comes up with something he can take without affecting his status in the US. I think she's hell bent on going to trial though, but as you say, time will tell.

As for Giuliani, my father was the court clerk for the Southern District of NY for 35 years, and the Commission case was his trial. His judge (judge Owen) had a real personal beef with mobsters and no tolerance. That's why he never granted any bail, and sentenced them all as severely as he did.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: Hollander] #1067061
08/18/23 09:00 AM
08/18/23 09:00 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

It's called "judge shopping." And the G does it all the time to throw off the playing field in their favor. It often becomes a "kangaroo court" because of that.

Re: Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing Rudy Giuliani Indicted [Re: alicecooper] #1067100
08/18/23 10:01 PM
08/18/23 10:01 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Originally Posted by alicecooper

In this case I don't mind it the man of "Law and Order" turns out to be a crook himself lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull