GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 170 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,347
Posts1,058,989
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe #1066114
08/06/23 07:34 PM
08/06/23 07:34 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The King of The Night: The Shadowy Santo Volpe - Pittston's "Representante"

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/santo-volpe-pittston-representante/

Story Sections:

AN INAUSPICIOUS BEGINNING
SEEDS OF THE MAFIA
HE WAS GOOD TO HIS FAMILY
THE PROHIBITION YEARS
A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY
DINNER WAS OK, BUT DESSERT WAS TO DIE FOR!
DROPPING BODIES ALONG THE ROAD TO SUCCESS
A MINIMAL, BUT SERIOUS POLICE RECORD
THE VOLPE CRIME FAMILY
MORE CLAN LEADERS
THE APALACHIN MESS
THE KILLERS
THE MONEYMAKERS
PITTSTON’S GARMENT RACKETS
OTHER NEFARIOUS PASTIMES
A DEEP THINKER AND DOER
KING OF THE ANTHRACITE REGION
HONORED AND REVERED BY THE ‘PEZZO NOVANTA’
MORE PUBLIC HONORS
A ‘GODFATHER’ STYLE WEDDING
THE BANK DIRECTOR
SIMPLY UNSTOPPABLE
THE KING IS DEAD!
A LARGE INHERITENCE
THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL (epilogue)

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/07/23 08:19 AM.
Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066126
08/07/23 04:24 AM
08/07/23 04:24 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
A true traditional Mafioso. Thanks, it was a great read.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: Toodoped] #1066129
08/07/23 07:16 AM
08/07/23 07:16 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Toodoped
A true Mafioso. Thanks, it was a great read.

Thanks TD. I'm glad you enjoyed Volpe's story.

This was a mafioso that many people, mob aficionados and so-called mob researchers alike, may have heard about or read his name in a book through the years. Yet, really knew nothing else about him. Certainly nothing substantial. They may have heard he came from Pennsylvania. Maybe they read he was a mob boss in the Pittston area. But thats about it.

Why no mob researcher or writer ever took it upon themselves to really research and explore his life and underworld career is beyond me. It really is. Because, for me, Santo Volpe was amazing!

This man was arguably one of the most powerful (and successful) mafiosi in the history of the United States of America. There is no doubt about that. He enjoyed one of the most illustrious and unique criminal careers of any mafioso (let alone a Cosa Nostra boss), ever!

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066130
08/07/23 07:18 AM
08/07/23 07:18 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by NYMafia

This was a mafioso that many people, mob aficionados and so-called mob researchers alike, may have heard about or read his name in a book through the years. Yet, really knew nothing else about him. Certainly nothing substantial. They may have heard he came from Pennsylvania. Maybe they read he was a mob boss in the Pittston area. But thats about it.

Why no mob researcher or writer ever took it upon themselves to really research and explore his life and underworld career is beyond me. It really is. Because, for me, Santo Volpe was amazing!

This man was arguably one of the most powerful (and successful) mafiosi in the history of the United States of America. There is no doubt about that. He enjoyed one of the most illustrious and unique criminal careers of any mafioso (let alone a Cosa Nostra boss), ever!

I agree and he was also very traditional, especially because of his numerous semi-legit ops.

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: Toodoped] #1066134
08/07/23 08:58 AM
08/07/23 08:58 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I agree and he was also very traditional, especially because of his numerous semi-legit ops.

What was especially amazing to me was how he elevated himself into the "upper world" and made sure to keep his children away from all things Mafia. He had the good sense, even as an old-time devout mafioso himself, to want better for his offspring. And how he accomplished that, was, for me, truly unique.

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066145
08/07/23 11:03 AM
08/07/23 11:03 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

For those readers interested in this particular borgata and section of the country (Pennsylvania and Upstate NY), ButtonGuys has written at least 7-8 in-depth bios about key members of the Volpe (Bufalino) Family, not to mention at least another half dozen exposes about their Family per se, racket operations, and their infiltration of business.

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066175
08/07/23 10:05 PM
08/07/23 10:05 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
This guy had a really interesting life. You have to wonder how things would have turned out had he gone the "legit" path from the beginning. I think there are a lot of examples of guys who could have been very successful without the headache of law enforcement had they gone that route from the beginning. But I also think it speaks to the "mentality," I guess, of that way of "life" and being brought up and around that type of environment and maybe seeing it as no other choice. Just my opinion.

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: MafiaStudent] #1066182
08/08/23 01:36 AM
08/08/23 01:36 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by MafiaStudent
But I also think it speaks to the "mentality," I guess, of that way of "life" and being brought up and around that type of environment and maybe seeing it as no other choice. Just my opinion.

Nicely said.

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: Toodoped] #1066193
08/08/23 06:08 AM
08/08/23 06:08 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

But I also think it speaks to the "mentality," I guess, of that way of "life" and being brought up and around that type of environment and maybe seeing it as no other choice. Just my opinion.

Nicely said.

Ditto, I agree. (I think what you said has a lot of merit to it)

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: MafiaStudent] #1066226
08/08/23 01:13 PM
08/08/23 01:13 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

This guy had a really interesting life. You have to wonder how things would have turned out had he gone the "legit" path from the beginning. I think there are a lot of examples of guys who could have been very successful without the headache of law enforcement had they gone that route from the beginning. But I also think it speaks to the "mentality," I guess, of that way of "life" and being brought up and around that type of environment and maybe seeing it as no other choice. Just my opinion.

For sure there were a lot of sharp mob guys out there...especially in the old days. And for sure, there were, and are, a lot of dummies too. Lol

But the Carlo Gambinos and Frank Costellos of the world, those types of guys IMO, could have easily been very successful in the legit world also, from the get go, had they gone in that direction from day one.

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066236
08/08/23 03:43 PM
08/08/23 03:43 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss

For sure there were a lot of sharp mob guys out there...especially in the old days. And for sure, there were, and are, a lot of dummies too. Lol

But the Carlo Gambinos and Frank Costellos of the world, those types of guys IMO, could have easily been very successful in the legit world also, from the get go, had they gone in that direction from day one.

Profaci and Bufalino are two other examples. And those are just bosses....I think many in the "rank-and-file", per se, could also fit on the list.

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 08/08/23 03:45 PM.
Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: MafiaStudent] #1066244
08/08/23 04:18 PM
08/08/23 04:18 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Profaci and Bufalino are two other examples. And those are just bosses....I think many in the "rank-and-file", per se, could also fit on the list.

Absolutely MS. In fact, most people typically only highlight and talk about the big names (the bosses) because these are the ones most known to the public.

But, truth be told, there were many guys among the lower ranks, the "rank-and-file" soldiers and associates, per se, who were very sharp guys, who, although they may not have been formally educated or have ever gone to college, were, nonetheless, so sharp and business savvy that they were worthy of "business degrees."

These are the so-called "unsung" goodfellas you never here about, guys who stayed in the shadows doing their thing, or got lost in the underworld woodwork, while they made a fortune.

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066329
08/09/23 06:02 AM
08/09/23 06:02 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I'm glad to see the biography is so well received by our subscribers. As I mentioned earlier, I really enjoyed researching and learning about this iconic mafioso and felt his story was worth sharing with our fans. So I'm gratified to see the big turnout.

Grazie mille!

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066384
08/09/23 04:51 PM
08/09/23 04:51 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

And although we’ve said it in the past, I also wanted to reiterate that Lisa and I really do appreciate the support everyone has given us these past four years. And I think the Santo Volpe story, in particular, is a reflection of that support. Since we released the article only four days ago, it’s already gotten thousands of views and I’m sure the new subscribers this week are a direct result of that.

So once again, we are humbled, and we wanted to say thank you to everyone!

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066390
08/09/23 05:59 PM
08/09/23 05:59 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Proud of you guys!

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: BarrettM] #1066416
08/09/23 09:13 PM
08/09/23 09:13 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by BarrettM
Proud of you guys!

Thank you so much for that Barrett. You're a gentleman. Grazie!

Re: Brand New BG Exclusive: The Shadowy Santo Volpe [Re: NYMafia] #1066420
08/10/23 02:00 AM
08/10/23 02:00 AM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
+1

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull