GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, RushStreet), 140 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,560
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Capo squadrone #1064634
07/22/23 08:00 AM
07/22/23 08:00 AM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline OP
S
Made Member
Thought it would be good to start a thread talking about this. Heres the doc TD posted

Attached Files capo squadrone.jpg
Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064640
07/22/23 09:06 AM
07/22/23 09:06 AM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
S
Made Member
as i already mentioned, Nicola Gentile said he was a sostituto for Mangano and he headed two Agregentini capidecina.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064668
07/22/23 02:40 PM
07/22/23 02:40 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Im going to say only this ok?!

More than 6 or7 years ago, I was the first guy (ever, and im not trying to sound narcissistic) who noticed something "strange" within the Outfit's hierarchy, while researching the Chicago mob. The so-called "strange" situation was that some (older or more powerful) capos had other "capos" or crew leaders beneath them, who in turn belonged to the same crew or group.

I was often mocked and laughed at by those same "credible" researchers from across the street (you know all of them since you are all close) for coming up with such an idea with statements like "You and your fantasy charts hahaha with capo above another capo hahahah villain hahaha" or something like that, BUT it seems that as time passed by, I was right.

-----------

So you can check out the Joe Costello situation with his caporegime and Frank LaPorte who in turn was above them. You can also check out the 1976/77 example in which DiVarco was labelled as capo for the north side crew, but the problem was that Solano was the top representative for the "northsiders". DiVarco talks to one informant regarding the books being opened and about membership. Or Battaglia being labelled as "boss of the west side" while he was a capo under Giancana and Ferraro, but we have info regarding other west side capos like Daddono "paying respects" to Battaglia at the time.

So back in the days me and one of my accomplices who went by the name of "Confederate" decided to use the term "territorial boss" which was taken from one senate hearings from the 80s (regarding the Outfit and unions i think) during which one agent labelled Solano as "territorial boss", including Pilotto who in turn was LaPortes successor, meaning the agent used the same two crews as example.

I never knew about the Gentile info and in fact, I found the "capo squadrone" file few years later after creating my theory, but everyone still kept quiet.

To be honest I really dont care, since I obviously wont get any credit about it, as always.

Thats why stay tuned at the Button Guys Site for further info, and please dont be stingy wink cool

Have a good day.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064675
07/22/23 04:44 PM
07/22/23 04:44 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
S
Made Member
Personally, I'm not convinced it was an actual position, it could just be a reference to a person who was a very powerful capodecina. I know nothing about Chicago so cant comment on them. Also was the informant Sam Mannarino?

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064700
07/22/23 08:39 PM
07/22/23 08:39 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
S
Made Member
Didn't want to dilute the other thread with non-Rochester stuff, but @FOH did you literally hear the term, "capo squadrone" or are you just agreeing with the fact that there were men more powerful than capodecina, but called capodecina?

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064704
07/22/23 10:40 PM
07/22/23 10:40 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Specific "term" no but for sure there were men more powerful. Jo Jo and Charlie come to mind.
Now I'm curious. Exactly who did you know from Pittsburgh?

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064715
07/23/23 03:52 AM
07/23/23 03:52 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Online content
furio_from_naples  Online Content

naples,italy
Capo squadrone or Flight Lieutenant is a rank of Royal Air Force and was also a rank in the old Regia Aeronautica Italian (Italian Royal Air Force).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_lieutenant

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1064717
07/23/23 04:04 AM
07/23/23 04:04 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
Specific "term" no but for sure there were men more powerful. Jo Jo and Charlie come to mind.

Thanks again for this @FOH and pls stick around since your priceless info is going to be needed in near future.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1064723
07/23/23 09:00 AM
07/23/23 09:00 AM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
S
Made Member

I dont know anybody, i messaged you on BHF about the only person i met. It was a substitute teacher at my school. I'd like to keep his name private though. The guy was pinched with bobby I in the most recent case.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064725
07/23/23 09:29 AM
07/23/23 09:29 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Sullycantwell

I dont know anybody, i messaged you on BHF about the only person i met. It was a substitute teacher at my school. I'd like to keep his name private though. The guy was pinched with bobby I in the most recent case.

Got it - Fair enough. I need to check out BHF and reread your message.
I'm certainly no researcher and I only know what I know from my personal experiences with these guys. That being said; I totally enjoy what good research can add to what I already know.
BTW: Add Gabriel Mannarino to the the list of most powerful in Pittsburgh - Gabriel Mannarino.
I only met Gab didn't really didn't know him like I knew the others.

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 07/23/23 09:31 AM.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064768
07/24/23 01:52 AM
07/24/23 01:52 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Gab Mannarino is also labelled by the informant as "capo squadrone", meaning he also had a higher stature than the caporegimes and decina, among others like Ripepi and Regino. The informant also uses the word "position" which means it was probably official within Pittsburgh's hierarchy.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064777
07/24/23 08:48 AM
07/24/23 08:48 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Every boss had one or more capos that he talked to regular, they usually were in power or had influence in certain fields, or they ran their crew as if it were their own family. Great find. The Genovese and Gambinos had something similar. Joe Valachi mentioned 15 crews, but named 4 capos that had tremendous power during Vito Genovese Reign, Anthony Strollo, Richard Boiardo, Rocco Pelligrino, and Mike Coppola.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1064781
07/24/23 09:57 AM
07/24/23 09:57 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
or they ran their crew as if it were their own family. Great find.

Nicely said @GV and thanks. Thats why I always say that the old Chicago Outfit was divided on four groups aka "families", with usually four representatives on the Outfit's Board of Directors (depending on the time period), under one top administration with one top boss or "boss of all Chicago bosses". Thats the real definition of Chicago's monolithic organization.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Toodoped] #1064783
07/24/23 11:07 AM
07/24/23 11:07 AM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Gab Mannarino is also labelled by the informant as "capo squadrone", meaning he also had a higher stature than the caporegimes and decina, among others like Ripepi and Regino. The informant also uses the word "position" which means it was probably official within Pittsburgh's hierarchy.

No it doesnt mean it was official. You are extremely knowledgeable, but jumping to such conclusions based on one informant is ridiculous. Unless we have a member source saying it, we wont have confirmation.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064784
07/24/23 11:15 AM
07/24/23 11:15 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Sullycantwell aka. Eric across the street; Toodoped isn't a member saying it?
Unless you mean an original Pittsburgh LCN member that can't happen as they're all dead.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1064785
07/24/23 11:27 AM
07/24/23 11:27 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Unless you mean an original Pittsburgh LCN member that can't happen as they're all dead.

clap I bow down to you Sir for stating that cool

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064788
07/24/23 12:33 PM
07/24/23 12:33 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
........its sad to see on how one alleged "credible" researcher use another handle on a different forum and denies that he is the same individual. Thats somehow morbid, dont you think?!

Anyways, for those who dont know who Eric is....well, he is known as B. aka Eric "Stoner-Field" aka "Eric the Junkie" aka "Elvis Presley"?! lol

This type of "credible" researcher tried (or is probably still trying) to convince us that the Mafia or Cosa Nostra isnt a criminal organization, meaning he tried multiple times to place the Mafia in the same pot with the free masons, meaning according to him, the Mafia can be just some type of brotherhood with boss and underboss and everything else down the line, without doing nothing. Just seat there and play cards and the boss usually wins. Who knows, maybe Eric is a reincarnation of J Edgar Hoover and for him the Mafia still doesnt exist?! I mean thats one quite "incredible" theory and he even tried to justify the Mafia and now I'll show you his "source" for it.

You see, as I already said that some of those fellas do not have the strenght to go through one page of an FBI file without being high. One member from that same place who was known as Phatmattress died from an overdose (God rest his soul) but he also belonged to that same group of people. There was one fella known as JBell and this guy was a straight up meth-head who ended up in jail or something like that.

For example, now Im going to show you one screenshot from that crack shop from across the street which was given to me awhile ago by one of my former associates from that same place, and it shows us on how some of these same "credible researchers" are developing their "incredible" theories. First lets look at the screenshot which includes our main "actor" B. aka Eric....

[Linked Image]

So, this guy aka researcher needs to smoke some narcotic (whether its crack or weed, i dunno), so he can achieve his so-called "ZEN" and to start creating "theories" while reading FBI files.

I personally never heard of Prof. John Binder saying that he shoots heroin while researching the old Capone mob, or legendary author Matthew Luzi doing LSD or meth while writing on the Chicago Mob.

--------------------------

I want to apologize to all members on this forum for declaring such horrors (especially to the younger generation) and I also want to say sorry, personally.

But, I would also like to add that we are not here to create music, or to talk about UFO's, or regarding the creation of sci-fi movies....but instead we are here to show people the real picture, backed by evidences and reliable theories, which again, are backed by real evidences. We are here to show that there's nothing romantic about the mob and that you can end up with your own dick in your mouth. We are not here to romanticize these fellas and to justify their actions, while being under the influence of drugs. We are against those who try to justify the mafia and we are also here to show you that Don Corleone from the "Godfather" movie is not 100% real. And so Ill say this to those "credible" researchers...stop poisoning the younger generation with your foolish ideas and theories. Research with a clear mind. Its not that hard.

Salut'

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1064790
07/24/23 01:12 PM
07/24/23 01:12 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
S
Made Member

What are you even talking about? I obviously wasn't saying TD isn't a member of this forum, i was saying the informant doesn't appear to be made, making his word less than that of a member source.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Toodoped] #1064791
07/24/23 01:21 PM
07/24/23 01:21 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Toodoped

But, I would also like to add that we are not here to create music, or to talk about UFO's, or regarding the creation of sci-fi movies....but instead we are here to show people the real picture, backed by evidences and reliable theories, which again, are backed by real evidences. We are here to show that there's nothing romantic about the mob and that you can end up with your own dick in your mouth. We are not here to romanticize these fellas and to justify their actions, while being under the influence of drugs. We are against those who try to justify the mafia and we are also here to show you that Don Corleone from the "Godfather" movie is not 100% real. And so Ill say this to those "credible" researchers...stop poisoning the younger generation with your foolish ideas and theories. Research with a clear mind. Its not that hard.

Salut'

Evidences? plural? Then show me another source that says capo squadrone. The thing about me being B. is not backed up by evidence, so i'll just ignore it.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064793
07/24/23 01:44 PM
07/24/23 01:44 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
It's very obvious Sullycantwell is not b but what's wrong with you toodoped? Sullycantwell creates a post to discuss a topic you want answers for and instead of engaging you throw it off topic again with your delusions and obsession with the other forum you were kicked off of. Someone already told all of us to stop with the personal attacks and here you are again doing it and it's funny since that's exactly what got you kicked off the other forum lol

Sullycantwell there isn't a lot to go off of for this Capo Squadrone title the CI gives certain people. I can agree saying it was a official position is a big jump that is hard to make. Maybe it was used to describe people who were viewed as faction leaders? I haven't heard the term outside of this file but apparently there is a reference to someone in Sicily being referred as Capo Squadrone.

A similar term is Capi dei Capidecina. Neil Dellacroce was described as Capi dei Capidecina and a few others have but I can't recall their names at the moment.

The Bonanno Family had something called the Senior Capo or Top Captain who would help run the Family. Nicky Marangello was described as being this Senior Captain in the very early 1970s. Joe Pistone reported that Lefty Ruggiero told him Sonny Napolitano was upped to the Top Captain. It wasn't a official position but more of a de facto role someone takes on. I haven't seen others named as having the role but Carmine Galante in the 1950s Joe Massino in the 1980s Dom Cicale in the 2000s fit the criteria.

Re: Capo squadrone [Re: Mafia101] #1064797
07/24/23 03:12 PM
07/24/23 03:12 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline OP
Made Member
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Mafia101
It's very obvious Sullycantwell is not b but what's wrong with you toodoped? Sullycantwell creates a post to discuss a topic you want answers for and instead of engaging you throw it off topic again with your delusions and obsession with the other forum you were kicked off of. Someone already told all of us to stop with the personal attacks and here you are again doing it and it's funny since that's exactly what got you kicked off the other forum lol

Sullycantwell there isn't a lot to go off of for this Capo Squadrone title the CI gives certain people. I can agree saying it was a official position is a big jump that is hard to make. Maybe it was used to describe people who were viewed as faction leaders? I haven't heard the term outside of this file but apparently there is a reference to someone in Sicily being referred as Capo Squadrone.

A similar term is Capi dei Capidecina. Neil Dellacroce was described as Capi dei Capidecina and a few others have but I can't recall their names at the moment.

The Bonanno Family had something called the Senior Capo or Top Captain who would help run the Family. Nicky Marangello was described as being this Senior Captain in the very early 1970s. Joe Pistone reported that Lefty Ruggiero told him Sonny Napolitano was upped to the Top Captain. It wasn't a official position but more of a de facto role someone takes on. I haven't seen others named as having the role but Carmine Galante in the 1950s Joe Massino in the 1980s Dom Cicale in the 2000s fit the criteria.

I mentioned in the other thread Magaddino saying "dannarao" controlled 10-12 capidecina too. I agree with you that it was probably a de facto role and there isn't much else to it.

Attached Files Screenshot 2023-07-24 3.06.53 PM.png

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull