GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 370 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
*New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release #1064096
07/17/23 07:01 PM
07/17/23 07:01 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Some here may have seen my original Galante vid which was my first biography but I went back and updated it with video/audio quality enhancements, new information, various footage additions and a few small corrections.

Also, a family member of Galante's offered me some interesting new info about him that I included in the re-release of Part 1 and the upcoming revisions to parts 2 & 3.

Last edited by Iceveins; 07/18/23 11:00 PM.
Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064212
07/18/23 11:36 AM
07/18/23 11:36 AM
B
Brovelli Offline
Made Member
Brovelli  Offline
B
Made Member
Originally Posted by Iceveins
Some here may have seen my original Galante vid which was my first biography but I went back and enhanced it with video/audio quality enhancements, new information, various footage additions and a few small corrections.

Also, a family member of Galante's offered me some interesting new info about him that I included in the re-release of Part 1 and the upcoming revisions to parts 2 & 3.

The videos are great, hope to see some more of them on YouTube. Really enjoyed the dellacroce and galante ones haven’t watched demeo yet

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064215
07/18/23 12:20 PM
07/18/23 12:20 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Just saw this. Great vid and also great production. Cheers

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Brovelli] #1064217
07/18/23 12:59 PM
07/18/23 12:59 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Originally Posted by Brovelli
Some here may have seen my original Galante vid which was my first biography but I went back and enhanced it with video/audio quality enhancements, new information, various footage additions and a few small corrections.

The videos are great, hope to see some more of them on YouTube. Really enjoyed the dellacroce and galante ones haven’t watched demeo yet
Many thanks brother.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Toodoped] #1064221
07/18/23 01:25 PM
07/18/23 01:25 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Appreciate that!

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064230
07/18/23 04:23 PM
07/18/23 04:23 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Great video! Can’t wait to see part 2&3.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Zavattoni] #1064233
07/18/23 04:32 PM
07/18/23 04:32 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Zavattoni

+1

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064236
07/18/23 04:46 PM
07/18/23 04:46 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Appreciate that!

Keep up the good work.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064308
07/18/23 10:06 PM
07/18/23 10:06 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@IceVeins

I’m watching your videos on your channel (I like the one when you were on the boardwalk)

I wish I was there….

I was heavily surprised that guy you interviewed said he liked Paul Castellano as his favorite gangster.. and especially surprised one of your interviewers said Albert Anastasia.

The more I think about it; Paul was actually a good boss… He just screwed up with Roy DeMeo and the Bergen Hunt crew…

Anyways if I was on the boardwalk that day; I would have mentioned Anthony Scotto….

(Sorry for being so off topic).. but anyways; I can’t wait for your next Carmine Galante video

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/18/23 10:09 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Zavattoni] #1064309
07/18/23 10:57 PM
07/18/23 10:57 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Another good one, IV! I like the streets of Brooklyn backdrops--my hometown.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Zavattoni] #1064310
07/18/23 11:00 PM
07/18/23 11:00 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Appreciate the feedback, part 2 will be up in 2 weeks.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Zavattoni] #1064338
07/19/23 11:24 AM
07/19/23 11:24 AM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
@IceVeins

I’m watching your videos on your channel (I like the one when you were on the boardwalk)

I wish I was there….

I was heavily surprised that guy you interviewed said he liked Paul Castellano as his favorite gangster.. and especially surprised one of your interviewers said Albert Anastasia.

The more I think about it; Paul was actually a good boss… He just screwed up with Roy DeMeo and the Bergen Hunt crew…

Anyways if I was on the boardwalk that day; I would have mentioned Anthony Scotto….

(Sorry for being so off topic).. but anyways; I can’t wait for your next Carmine Galante video
It was definitely interesting to find out what the average New Yorker knew about the mob. And the hit rate of knowledgeable people was quite high, almost everyone I asked knew something on the mob. Also some didn't want to be on camera but spoke with me on the side

Last edited by Iceveins; 07/19/23 12:24 PM.
Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064341
07/19/23 11:56 AM
07/19/23 11:56 AM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@IceVeins

I was quite surprised at the amount of knowledge too…

You’re doing a good job; I’m rooting for you!

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Zavattoni] #1064346
07/19/23 01:21 PM
07/19/23 01:21 PM
B
Brovelli Offline
Made Member
Brovelli  Offline
B
Made Member
@IceVeins

I agree. You see some shitty videos out there where I'm watching and hear wrong names and they give the same basic info that sounds like it's pulled from wikipedia. These videos are well researched and provide details you don't usually hear about or stuff I didn't already know

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Brovelli] #1064355
07/19/23 02:52 PM
07/19/23 02:52 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
@IceVeins

I agree. You see some shitty videos out there where I'm watching and hear wrong names and they give the same basic info that sounds like it's pulled from wikipedia. These videos are well researched and provide details you don't usually hear about or stuff I didn't already know
Appreciate that feedback, it's appreciated when mob fans tell me that they've learned new things. Some information will always be repetitive, as you can't retell a story about a notable figure without repeating some commonly known tales about that person, so it's always a challenge to come up with fresh, new verifiable information to present to the viewers.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064357
07/19/23 03:07 PM
07/19/23 03:07 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@IceVeins…

I know of everything in all your videos but there is is some “fresh information” that even shocked me…. I’m only 30 and I’ve been studying mob stuff since I was 16-17 but you brought out some stuff I didn’t even know.

I do want to ask you some things;

1. Did Carmine Galante actually want to be Consigliere under Joe Bonanno? Also off topic; They say that Galante was underboss under Joe Bonanno; but what “year??” I don’t believe it tbh
2. I saw in the Aniello Dellacroce video; Who was Consolvo who shot at Aniello Dellacroce?? What was the beef about?? He tried to killed a underboss which is a “no/no”
3rd: I thought you would mention Carmine Persico when it came to your Joe Colombo video; Persico had something to do with that. (Some people agree and disagree)

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/19/23 03:08 PM.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064360
07/19/23 03:52 PM
07/19/23 03:52 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
@IceVeins…
I do want to ask you some things;

1. Did Carmine Galante actually want to be Consigliere under Joe Bonanno? Also off topic; They say that Galante was underboss under Joe Bonanno; but what “year??” I don’t believe it tbh
From what I've ascertained from the incredibly ambitious Galante, I would guess that he'd revel in a promotion to Consligere. Galante did succeed Frank Garofalo as Bonanno's underboss, I have a reputable source on that somewhere, I believe the year was 1953.

2. I saw in the Aniello Dellacroce video; Who was Consolvo who shot at Aniello Dellacroce?? What was the beef about?? He tried to killed a underboss which is a “no/no”
The reasons behind the madman Carlo Lombardi's storming of The Ravenite are still unclear but he was involved in narcotics dealings and so was Consalvo, so that would lead to the presumption that it was drug related.

: I thought you would mention Carmine Persico when it came to your Joe Colombo video; Persico had something to do with that. (Some people agree and disagree)
There were a few more theories I didn't include, it seemed like offering so many alternative theories was pulling the viewer in too many directions and felt that I got the point across regarding the mysteriousness of shooting by providing the 4 theories I did.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064362
07/19/23 03:56 PM
07/19/23 03:56 PM
B
Brovelli Offline
Made Member
Brovelli  Offline
B
Made Member
@IceVeins

Appreciate that feedback, it's appreciated when mob fans tell me that they've learned new things. Some information will always be repetitive, as you can't retell a story about a notable figure without repeating some commonly known tales about that person, so it's always a challenge to come up with fresh, new verifiable information to present to the viewers.

Agreed though I like the approach videos like OC Shortz takes where a lot is taken from FBI files, census records, recorded conversations etc rather than just the tales that get told and passed around (which are sometimes inaccurate). You seem to also do more thorough research along those lines be it with locations, addresses, conversations etc eg I liked how you mapped Galante's early years and how he ended up in Brooklyn, I had only ever really read that he was from Harlem.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064364
07/19/23 04:11 PM
07/19/23 04:11 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@IceVeins

It’s been said that Galante was underboss but never found the source; I thought he was just the fore-most captain in the family who had the most power and influence.

You made a good Joe Colombo video and I just thought about it; There’s more theories that’s probably going to throw viewers in all directions….

I do think Carmine Persico knew Joe Colombo was gunna get whacked….. Once Colombo was gone; Persico literally got everything…but then again; Persico and Colombo were friends.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/19/23 04:12 PM.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Brovelli] #1064365
07/19/23 04:13 PM
07/19/23 04:13 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
@IceVeins

Agreed though I like the approach videos like OC Shortz takes where a lot is taken from FBI files, census records, recorded conversations etc rather than just the tales that get told and passed around (which are sometimes inaccurate). You seem to also do more thorough research along those lines be it with locations, addresses, conversations etc eg I liked how you mapped Galante's early years and how he ended up in Brooklyn, I had only ever really read that he was from Harlem.

Yea OC Shortz' format is rather different than mine, he generally addresses those who already have a basis on the subject and expands on it with fine details but it would be rather irresponsible on my part to create a documentary and skip over the salient details on that subject, whether repeated 100x or not. My solution to that is to try and add some new flare to the way repeat info is told, whether it be footage reenactments or visiting locations etc.

And as for Galante, yea several people challenged me on my vid about him being from LES but he was, I have numerous official records to show he was born and raised in The Lower Eastside and only lived in East Harlem later in his life.

Last edited by Iceveins; 07/19/23 04:45 PM.
Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Zavattoni] #1064448
07/20/23 05:26 PM
07/20/23 05:26 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
@IceVeins

It’s been said that Galante was underboss but never found the source; I thought he was just the fore-most captain in the family who had the most power and influence.
I'll try to go back to find the exact source which mentions his promotion to underboss.

Prior to Joe Pistone, law enforcement actually had much less information on The Bonanno family than they had on the other 4.

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064459
07/20/23 07:15 PM
07/20/23 07:15 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@IceVeins

Definitely let me know the source! I do believe he was underboss at some point under Joe Bonanno but I want to know when. (You say around 1953 and tbh; That sounds about right)

Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Iceveins] #1064462
07/20/23 07:47 PM
07/20/23 07:47 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Good work. Yep he was raised LES, that is where his connections to the Genovese and Lucchese crime families actually started.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: *New* Carmine Galante Bio, Revised Re-release [Re: Zavattoni] #1064464
07/20/23 08:15 PM
07/20/23 08:15 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
@IceVeins

Definitely let me know the source! I do believe he was underboss at some point under Joe Bonanno but I want to know when. (You say around 1953 and tbh; That sounds about right)

I found one of the things that shows as of 1963 Galante was in fact the underboss of The Bonanno Family but I'd have to look back through some pretty deep documents to find the mention of what year he took that title.

Last edited by Iceveins; 07/20/23 08:17 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull