GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 308 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,827
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There #1063859
07/15/23 08:46 PM
07/15/23 08:46 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
Too many people on this blog give Philip Leonetti, aka Crazy Phil, former underboss of the Philadelphia Mafia, a pass as one of the more "honorable" rats. This couldn't be further from the truth. Dude loved being a gangster, killed people left and right, and only flipped after being convicted for murder. Yeah, his uncle sucked but he was his right hand man. I saw an interview where he said he hoped his uncle was suffering in prison. Yo my man, you are no better. Perhaps even worse.

On a side note, I was shocked to have just found out that Skinny Joey Merlino's uncle Lawrence Merlino was a rat. I don't know how that one slipped past me.

Last edited by Liggio; 07/15/23 08:47 PM.
Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1063861
07/16/23 12:30 AM
07/16/23 12:30 AM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
I actually do agree - somewhat - with your analysis here, Liggio. I think Phil gets way too much of a pass when as you point out, the guy only offered to co-operate once he had no more cards left to play. He rolled the dice on trial and had he been acquitted, it's highly doubtful he would have felt the same change of heart. I've watched his interview a few times and I cringe when he describes calling the FBI and saying "I don't know how I found the strength to do it"... yeah, sure.

With that being said, I think in the minds of many, Phil has earned a better reputation versus the Gravanos, Franzses, Pennisis, diLeonardos and others of the world because he's not dropping a new YouTube video every day, desperately trying to come up with content relevant to today with stories that are 30+ years old. And in that sense, I agree - the man isn't continually pimping himself.

But there's no denying that he is a rat. I'm reminded of a quote from The Gulag Archipelago when Solzhenitsyn describes the female prison being divided into the thieves and the prostitues, who, apparently, would shout at each other: "At least we don't sell our bodies!" to be replied with "At least what we sell belongs to us!"

At the end of the day Phil is a rat like all rats.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1063872
07/16/23 07:04 AM
07/16/23 07:04 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I don’t think he gets a pass. I think we’re in agreement that he loved being a gangster. There’s no doubt he rarely takes any blame, I mean yes Scarfo was a psychopath but at the end of the day Phil had his own free will but still went along with his uncle. I mean look at Chris Scarfo he wanted nothing to do with the mob life and even changed his name. Phil could’ve done the same thing but didn’t. I guess the only difference between Phil and other guys like Sammy is that he’s stayed out of trouble since turning. He’s done a few interviews and wrote the book but besides that have stayed off the grid for the most part

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1063878
07/16/23 07:44 AM
07/16/23 07:44 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I think that Leonetti is sincere,after flipping he lived in the shadow for raise his child.
He is rat but at least a honest rat that doesnt turn to be a criminal like Gravano and the others.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1063884
07/16/23 08:39 AM
07/16/23 08:39 AM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
Cicale is the newest and i actually think he is brain damaged. Ruggiano jr to me, is the best out of all of them.

Last edited by Lenox; 07/16/23 08:40 AM.
Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: furio_from_naples] #1064017
07/16/23 08:57 PM
07/16/23 08:57 PM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
I think that Leonetti is sincere,after flipping he lived in the shadow for raise his child.
He is rat but at least a honest rat that doesnt turn to be a criminal like Gravano and the others.

Fuck that. Respectful, I disagree Furio.

Government: phil, you're going to prison where even the guys in PC will dress your pretty little five foot nothing ass up like a barbie doll and break their own hips digging a tunnel in that cute Italian asshole.

Phil: I'm cooperating for my son.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1064054
07/17/23 01:25 PM
07/17/23 01:25 PM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
Leonetti is not on YouTube sharing his stories, talking shit on the families of his murder victims, or peddling other items for sale.
So maybe when comparing him to the other rats,he is more humble, and sincere and apologetic for his past. His actions eem to show he is not proud of what he did both in the life and when becoming a rat.

Although I would love to hear his stories straight from his mouth LOL

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Millspgh] #1064108
07/17/23 07:36 PM
07/17/23 07:36 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Millspgh
Leonetti is not on YouTube sharing his stories, talking shit on the families of his murder victims, or peddling other items for sale.
So maybe when comparing him to the other rats,he is more humble, and sincere and apologetic for his past. His actions eem to show he is not proud of what he did both in the life and when becoming a rat.

I knew him since we were boys , in the life and before . Now days people don’t understand you are who you are . Now days everything is completely different all but a few small pockets in North East .

He tells truth about coming up around his uncle . But as an adult he was one hundred percent in . But there is that fine line when your boss is a true killer and you were taught to kill for the rules or what the boss says .

He was always half in and half out , but when the hits were on the up & up it is different . When the hits become personal or worse and the boss is the boss you do what you’re told .

Phil was just a kid raised in a neighborhood that was in the life … we all did what were were told since we were babies.

Guys now have not a clue … grownup with a device in their face is completely different from what we grew up in .

He has his head on straight and is getting old .

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/17/23 07:44 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1064124
07/17/23 08:26 PM
07/17/23 08:26 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
Serpiente, I have to somewhat agree with you. Though I personally don't agree with his decision to flip, I still don't think that he's honorable but you do make some valid points.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Serpiente] #1064179
07/18/23 07:38 AM
07/18/23 07:38 AM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Serpiente

I knew him since we were boys , in the life and before . Now days people don’t understand you are who you are . Now days everything is completely different all but a few small pockets in North East .

He tells truth about coming up around his uncle . But as an adult he was one hundred percent in . But there is that fine line when your boss is a true killer and you were taught to kill for the rules or what the boss says .

He was always half in and half out , but when the hits were on the up & up it is different . When the hits become personal or worse and the boss is the boss you do what you’re told .

Phil was just a kid raised in a neighborhood that was in the life … we all did what were were told since we were babies.

Guys now have not a clue … grownup with a device in their face is completely different from what we grew up in .

Thank you for this, this is exactly how I picture Phil and his life then and now, especially growing up in that family.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: furio_from_naples] #1064181
07/18/23 07:40 AM
07/18/23 07:40 AM
D
DetroitPartnership Offline
Made Member
DetroitPartnership  Offline
D
Made Member
Cicale is "slow" in the sense that you have to speak to him like a child. But, once you make a point to him, he gets it; Jimmy's not far behind. OC Shortz is actually the best. He researches Mary Farrell's archive and does solid research.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1064182
07/18/23 07:42 AM
07/18/23 07:42 AM
D
DetroitPartnership Offline
Made Member
DetroitPartnership  Offline
D
Made Member
Leonetti received the best deal. He planned all along, if convicted to flip. Leonetti offered almost zero value related to Philly as it was all known at that time. What he offered were stories of personality and one meeting in N.Y. Leonetti was given a deal in order to further demoralize the borgata and get more informants.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1064192
07/18/23 08:23 AM
07/18/23 08:23 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
I absolutely agree with you, that he planned it all along. In other words, a very calculating scumbag.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1065122
07/28/23 11:34 AM
07/28/23 11:34 AM
T
thekidfromthesouth Offline
Suspended
thekidfromthesouth  Offline
Suspended
T
Made Member
Itheres no dougbt he was more than glad to kill falcone to keep his girl,,also waa envious of sal testa getting all the attencion sal was taller than phil a real killer ,and phil bare 5 ' 7 pure jealosly but also has styed out of trouble ill give him that...but all this bullshit him saying i would done life all bullshit he fliphe count do the time plain and simple

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Serpiente] #1066047
08/06/23 05:03 AM
08/06/23 05:03 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Serpiente

Nice to know ur still in tune Serp.. happy 2 hear ur inputs as u were a firsthand account in A.C....

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1066066
08/06/23 12:32 PM
08/06/23 12:32 PM
T
thekidfromthesouth Offline
Suspended
thekidfromthesouth  Offline
Suspended
T
Made Member
I heard he was for a while in San Diego dint too well $$ a mexican gang member who was a bodyguard for his uncle in texas ?econize phillip from the party his uncle nick threw for killing testa..he moved had to leave the business and the main reason he wrote the book and did a few more inteviews for the mobey

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1066067
08/06/23 12:41 PM
08/06/23 12:41 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
Work on that grammar there buddy, because I have no idea what you're saying.

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1066128
08/07/23 07:16 AM
08/07/23 07:16 AM
L
LittleAl2021 Offline
Wiseguy
LittleAl2021  Offline
L
Wiseguy
Great book. Really enjoyed his book

Re: Phil Leonetti, One of the Lowest Rats Out There [Re: Liggio] #1066158
08/07/23 04:59 PM
08/07/23 04:59 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Liggio
Work on that grammar there buddy, because I have no idea what you're saying.

Liggio......leave him be.. we all know what he's trying 2 say...it's no flam that Scarfo had mex buddies in La Tuna..as 4 Phillip .....leave him alone as well.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull