GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 300 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,161
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063102
07/06/23 10:26 AM
07/06/23 10:26 AM
East Coast
TommyIrish Offline
No School Like Old School
TommyIrish  Offline
No School Like Old School
Made Member
East Coast
This family's membership size seems to be a hotly contested topic, I find it very hard to believe that the men in charge let it dwindle down to 12 buttons, however some knowledgeable researchers seem pretty convinced that the family is on its last legs. If there really is only 12 made guys left, than whoevers running that family must of never been schooled that "You gotta keep recruiting guys or this thing dies". Interestingly it was only a few years ago that most people believed that Buffalo was on its last legs as well, and it turns out that family is thriving, so i wouldnt be surprised if its the same situation in Chicago

Last edited by TommyIrish; 07/06/23 09:53 PM.

"You must learn to skim the cream off the top without disturbing the milk"
Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: TommyIrish] #1063104
07/06/23 10:35 AM
07/06/23 10:35 AM
C
ChiCubs Offline
Wiseguy
ChiCubs  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by TommyIrish
This family's membership size seems to be a hotly contested issue, I find it very hard to believe that the men in charge of the borgata let it dwindle down to 12 buttons, they didnt induct no new members over the last 30 years? However some knowledgeable researchers seem pretty convinced that the family is on its last legs. If there really is only 12 made guys left, than whoevers running that family must of never been schooled that "You gotta keep recruiting guys or this thing dies"

"It's just an outfit of gamblers. If it was any other business, we'd be the Chamber of Commerce."

-Solly D Laurentis

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: TommyIrish] #1063105
07/06/23 10:43 AM
07/06/23 10:43 AM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
This family's membership size seems to be a hotly contested issue, I find it very hard to believe that the men in charge of the borgata let it dwindle down to 12 buttons, they didnt induct no new members over the last 30 years? However some knowledgeable researchers seem pretty convinced that the family is on its last legs. If there really is only 12 made guys left, than whoevers running that family must of never been schooled that "You gotta keep recruiting guys or this thing dies"

That number of 12 is only the confirmed members. If you add in all the probable members you're looking at more like 20-25 and like every Family there's some unknowns. The Family is probably sitting somewhere around 30 on the low end and 45 on the high end. The Family was never that large to begin with compared to NYC having only 50-75 members.

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: TommyIrish] #1063106
07/06/23 10:47 AM
07/06/23 10:47 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

You're right to an extent. Back during the 70's and 80's lots and lots of members were either killed or died of natural causes, including old timers from the Capone days, and so before their deaths the organization was huge but as I already said, the number went down out of various reasons. The Outfit bosses rarely had their own family members inducted in the family, but instead they made them legit. We have evidences regarding the Outfit making people during the 80's and possibly 90s, but still most of the old members thought about going legit, which they really did. Starting from the garbage and food businesses, to traffic signs and real estate. Yes, they probably still have some loan sharking, gambling, prostitution and extortion rackets here and there, and probably even some burglaries here and there, but thats just a "drop in the whole ocean" compared to the old days. But the main thing is...I think they NEVER relinquished their political and police contacts. I mean, with the help of constant donations to various politicians around Melrose Park or any other area, their companies still receive most of the legit and quite lucrative contracts, or even working positions. The Chicago Outfit infiltrated all of Chicago's politics like no other family in the whole country, and thats why even today we still have some "known" surnames involved in Chicago's political agenda and also within the legit world. Who knows, maybe they are also still making guys but for what purpose?!

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: Toodoped] #1063107
07/06/23 11:29 AM
07/06/23 11:29 AM
C
ChiCubs Offline
Wiseguy
ChiCubs  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by Toodoped

You're right to an extent. Back during the 70's and 80's lots and lots of members were either killed or died of natural causes, including old timers from the Capone days, and so before their deaths the organization was huge but as I already said, the number went down out of various reasons. The Outfit bosses rarely had their own family members inducted in the family, but instead they made them legit. We have evidences regarding the Outfit making people during the 80's and possibly 90s, but still most of the old members thought about going legit, which they really did. Starting from the garbage and food businesses, to traffic signs and real estate. Yes, they probably still have some loan sharking, gambling, prostitution and extortion rackets here and there, and probably even some burglaries here and there, but thats just a "drop in the whole ocean" compared to the old days. But the main thing is...I think they NEVER relinquished their political and police contacts. I mean, with the help of constant donations to various politicians around Melrose Park or any other area, their companies still receive most of the legit and quite lucrative contracts, or even working positions. The Chicago Outfit infiltrated all of Chicago's politics like no other family in the whole country, and thats why even today we still have some "known" surnames involved in Chicago's political agenda and also within the legit world. Who knows, maybe they are also still making guys but for what purpose?!

Your knowledge of all things Outfit is unmatched, but I'm going to disagree with your last point here regarding the current Outfit in politics. While yes, there are still some suburban mayors (Skip Saviano, Brad Stephens come to mind) who may have some Outfit connections, their political influence these days is pretty much nothing. Having spent the last decade in government and politics in the state capital and Washington D.C., they are pretty much a nonfactor over the last decade plus I've been involved. And trust me, I've dug and dug.

The recent corruption indictments in Chicago and Springfield haven't even had a mention of the Outfit, minus some of the red light camera bribery cases, and that was only minimal connections. Changing demographics in the Chicago city council and among the Chicago/suburban delegation in Springfield probably has a lot do with that as well. Greylord and GAMBIT pretty much put an end to their decades of controlling the courts and the old First Ward was literally eliminated.

Someone may point out the picture of Toots Caruso sitting with the Comptroller and Congressmen Davis, but that was completely random and if they knew who he actually was, they wouldn't have been sitting there.

That being said, I have no idea their ties to the police in 2023.

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: ChiCubs] #1063109
07/06/23 11:56 AM
07/06/23 11:56 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by ChiCubs

Your knowledge of all things Outfit is unmatched, but I'm going to disagree with your last point here regarding the current Outfit in politics. While yes, there are still some suburban mayors (Skip Saviano, Brad Stephens come to mind) who may have some Outfit connections, their political influence these days is pretty much nothing. Having spent the last decade in government and politics in the state capital and Washington D.C., they are pretty much a nonfactor over the last decade plus I've been involved. And trust me, I've dug and dug.

The recent corruption indictments in Chicago and Springfield haven't even had a mention of the Outfit, minus some of the red light camera bribery cases, and that was only minimal connections. Changing demographics in the Chicago city council and among the Chicago/suburban delegation in Springfield probably has a lot do with that as well. Greylord and GAMBIT pretty much put an end to their decades of controlling the courts and the old First Ward was literally eliminated.

Someone may point out the picture of Toots Caruso sitting with the Comptroller and Congressmen Davis, but that was completely random and if they knew who he actually was, they wouldn't have been sitting there.

That being said, I have no idea their ties to the police in 2023.

Thanks for the kind words but believe me I like these type of discussions, since I trust you because it seems that Chicago might be your local area and you obviously know some of these stuff. I also agree that most of the recent gambling indictments were somehow "independent", although its still tough to say because of the numerous past connections.

Also I agree that Gerylord and GAMBIT gave a good slap in the face of the Outfit's corruption but dont forget that in 2004, Daddano Jr. (still alive I think) was quite criticized by Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and according to her, Jr. was described as "reputed member of organized crime" and the allegations came from Jr.’s connection to Rosemont Mayor Donald E. Stephens, allegedly through Mob associates Nick Boscarino and Joseph Salamone and state documents show one local firm, with alleged organized crime connections and with campaign funds linked to Mayor Stephens. On top of that, Boscarino was a partner with the mayor’s son in different cleaning company which had contracts for the Rosemont convention center and the Allstate Arena.Thats what I was previously talking about.

Also, in 2012 Daddano Jr.’s previous partner Richard Simon was the owner of a cleaning company known as the United Maintenance Co. and with the help of Mayor Rahm Emanuel, the company was awarded a $99.4 million O’Hare Airport janitorial contract. After that, Daddano Jr.’s name popped up in every news article around the country and so many union airport workers were holding a prayer vigil outside the Mayor’s house, while asking him to reconsider the decision to hand custodial work at O’Hare International Airport to a new company.

Eight years ago Daddano Jr. was still receiving all kinds of contracts in different places, especially around MP, mainly through his sister's name.

I also agree, meaning I also dont have any idea on whats going on from 2020 onward.

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063112
07/06/23 12:17 PM
07/06/23 12:17 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Great comments on this subject.

Let me tell you, getting in legit businesses is exactly what these mob guys got into and yeah they do a little illegal activity for pretty much a hobby. Look at Gigi Rovito for a perfect example. Owns a very very successful restaurant full time, sets up some extortion and loan sharking shit on the side when necessary to help pay for his Land Rover.

Last edited by RushStreet; 07/06/23 12:21 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: RushStreet] #1063113
07/06/23 12:35 PM
07/06/23 12:35 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Great comments on this subject.

Let me tell you, getting in legit businesses is exactly what these mob guys got into and yeah they do a little illegal activity for pretty much a hobby. Look at Gigi Rovito for a perfect example. Owns a very very successful restaurant full time, sets up some extortion and loan sharking shit on the side when necessary to help pay for his Land Rover.

It really surprised me the recent Gagliano case...

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063123
07/06/23 05:23 PM
07/06/23 05:23 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Next up, will be another racketeer from the State of Illinois. But to change it up a bit, this next fella hailed from the City of Springfield. In fact, he was considered to be a 'soldier' in the Frank Zito Family.

And although documented many times by both local and federal authorities as a racketeer and mafioso, his life and career largely remained a mystery during his years in the mob. He also had a tragic ending...

Coming next week...only at ButtonGuys of The New York Mafia.

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/06/23 06:28 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063125
07/06/23 05:29 PM
07/06/23 05:29 PM
B
Big_Tuna93 Offline
Capo
Big_Tuna93  Offline
B
Capo
My old man and wife are from Springfield, and my old man (owned a construction company) knew Frank and his brother, Tony very well way back when. The town of Springfield has unfortunately become quite a dump!

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: Big_Tuna93] #1063128
07/06/23 06:29 PM
07/06/23 06:29 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93
My old man and wife are from Springfield, and my old man (owned a construction company) knew Frank and his brother, Tony very well way back when. The town of Springfield has unfortunately become quite a dump!

I heard that BT. But years back, it seemed like a pretty solid little city. And Zito and company seemed to have a very good thing going for themselves for many years.

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063130
07/06/23 06:41 PM
07/06/23 06:41 PM
C
ChiCubs Offline
Wiseguy
ChiCubs  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Next up, will be another racketeer from the State of Illinois. But to change it up a bit, this next fella hailed from the City of Springfield. In fact, he was considered to be a 'soldier' in the Frank Zito Family.

And although documented many times by both local and federal authorities as a racketeer and mafioso, his life and career largely remained a mystery during his years in the mob. He also had a tragic ending...

My hometown! I drive by Franks old house on Illini Road almost daily.

Looking forward to it.

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: ChiCubs] #1063131
07/06/23 06:48 PM
07/06/23 06:48 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Looking forward to it.

Good ChiCubs. I'll do my best not to disappoint you. Lol....But I think you'll like this one. Not too much, if anything at all, has ever been written about this mafioso. At least nothing I've ever read.

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063200
07/07/23 03:20 PM
07/07/23 03:20 PM
C
ChiCubs Offline
Wiseguy
ChiCubs  Offline
C
Wiseguy

Looking forward to it.

Good ChiCubs. I'll do my best not to disappoint you. Lol....But I think you'll like this one. Not too much, if anything at all, has ever been written about this mafioso. At least nothing I've ever read.

This was written by a local historical website. Some good stuff.

https://sangamoncountyhistory.org/wp/?p=6456

Born and raised in Springfield and I think I know someone related to every name I've ever read associated with the Springfield LCN family. And most of them are upstanding families, business owners, elected officials, etc.

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063201
07/07/23 04:50 PM
07/07/23 04:50 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

This was a good article Chicubs.

https://sangamoncountyhistory.org/wp/?p=6456

A bit of trivia for you. Several years back we (ButtonGuys of TNYM) were contacted by the Sangamon County Library because of an expose I had written about the life and times of Frank Zito and the Springfield Mafia Family he headed.

They had seen it, loved it, and wanted to know if we'd please consider providing them a designed hard copy of the article so they could offer it on display in the library's historical section about the City.

We were flattered, of course, and ended up sending them a copy for the records.

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/07/23 04:50 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: ChiCubs] #1063202
07/07/23 05:02 PM
07/07/23 05:02 PM
B
Big_Tuna93 Offline
Capo
Big_Tuna93  Offline
B
Capo

Looking forward to it.

ChiCubs, if you wouldn't mind, send me a DM. I know a ton of people from Springfield.

Last edited by Big_Tuna93; 07/07/23 05:10 PM.
Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063213
07/08/23 06:21 AM
07/08/23 06:21 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Next up, will be another racketeer from the State of Illinois. This next fella hailed from the City of Springfield and was considered a 'soldier' in the Frank Zito Family. Although documented many times as a mafioso, his life and career largely remained a mystery. He also had a tragic ending...Coming next week.

UPDATE:

Keep your peepers peeled folks! It looks like we'll be releasing this tomorrow, instead of next week.

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063224
07/08/23 10:29 AM
07/08/23 10:29 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I don't like giving surprises away. But I will reveal this one clue about the subject of tomorrow's bio, ok? For those who like these types of challenges, it might be fun.

His initials are B.B.B.

At first it may seem like an far-flung innocuous clue at best. But for those familiar with the Springfield, Illinois Family, it may very well be enough to identify him. Lol. We'll see

Have at it fellas!

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/08/23 11:17 AM.
Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063248
07/08/23 04:41 PM
07/08/23 04:41 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

No guesses?

Come on guys...I know you can do better than that. Lol

Take a shot at the brass ring

Re: ButtonGuys Exclusive: The Chicago 'Outfit' Chart [Re: NYMafia] #1063313
07/09/23 12:55 PM
07/09/23 12:55 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The new biography about that 'soldier' for the Frank Zito Crime Family of Springfield, IL. will be up in a few minutes. We'll start a separate thread for him. Enjoy!

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/09/23 12:57 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull