https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/06...g-sophisticated-heist-federal-hill-bank/

I have no idea whether this is related to OC or not. But I figured that the phrase 'Federal Hill bank heist' deserved at least a mention on here. In years past, I would assume that these type of capers would have to have been approved by The Man, Raymond Sr.

Yet, Providence is also home of one of the biggest heists of all time, of a secret bank used by La Cosa Nostra.

In August 1975, eight thieves forced their way inside a drab building advertised as the Hudson Fur Storage facility, and raided 148 safety deposit boxes used by Rhode Island gangsters to store their cash, jewelry, gold and silver. They found so much that they couldn’t carry all the loot. The value is estimated at about $30 million, or approximately $120 million today.

According to the 2016 book about the incredible robbery, “The Last Good Heist: The Inside Story of the Biggest Single Payday in the Criminal History of the Northeast,” WPRI-TV investigative reporter Tim White, and former Providence Journal reporters Randall Richard and Wayne Worcester wrote that the scheme was approved by New England mob boss Raymond L.S. Patriarca.

Last edited by mike68; 06/29/23 01:40 PM.