GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 228 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,852
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055978
04/09/23 05:05 AM
04/09/23 05:05 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Never Argue With A Fool
From A Distance You Can’t Tell Who is Who… .

Last edited by BensonHURST; 04/09/23 05:06 AM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1055987
04/09/23 09:11 AM
04/09/23 09:11 AM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
How are you going to say it doesn't matter if Andrea Svoppa was vindictive or not? It completely matters because it goes to his credibility. It's not cherry picking. It's very obvious he wasn't a member of any organization so when he says traditions mean nothing it doesn't hold any water. What non made guy had held power over guy we know was made for sure. What does Dominick Cicale have to do with anything? He was vindictive when it came to guys like Michael Mancuso and Vinny Basciano but the little he said about Montreal about them still being apart of the Bonanno Family and sending drug shipments to Vinny Basciano and Sal Montagna being the one to collect tribute is supported by other info.

You're just rambling at this point you're arguing against things that weren't even said.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056024
04/10/23 01:48 AM
04/10/23 01:48 AM
M
mike89 Offline
Made Member
mike89  Offline
M
Made Member
Fuck me

Its proper kicked off this thread

You love to see it.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1056135
04/11/23 03:53 AM
04/11/23 03:53 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Originally Posted by Mafia101
How are you going to say it doesn't matter if Andrea Svoppa was vindictive or not? It completely matters because it goes to his credibility. It's not cherry picking. It's very obvious he wasn't a member of any organization so when he says traditions mean nothing it doesn't hold any water. What non made guy had held power over guy we know was made for sure. What does Dominick Cicale have to do with anything? He was vindictive when it came to guys like Michael Mancuso and Vinny Basciano but the little he said about Montreal about them still being apart of the Bonanno Family and sending drug shipments to Vinny Basciano and Sal Montagna being the one to collect tribute is supported by other info.

You're just rambling at this point you're arguing against things that weren't even said.

It doesn't matter because they found multiple sources of corroboration, as opposed to simply relying on whatever Scoppa said. You think the authors didnt KNOW he was vindictive? They said as much, lol, multiple times throughout the book. Did you READ it? Same with Cicale. What does Cicale have to do with anything? If you just gonna whine and not read, and deflect, i got no time for that lawyer- type nonsense debating style. It was an example of a rat whom i dont believe EVERYTHING he says, but dont discount it either out of some stupid personal bias. A lot of serious researchers really respect Pennisi. Half that guys post are vindictive and petty. What rat isn't vindictive and petty? I saw a video where DiLeonardo insinuated Gravano was gay. Petty. I just did an eyeroll...

I write all that and you say I didn't say nothing. Buddy, your argument is basic as fuck and TIRED. It's the Montreal reciprocal of the Buffalo argument. The Buffalo detractors argue no matter what semblance of structure there is, there isn't enough ACTIVITY to constitute a viable LCN borgata. The Montreal argument is that whatever the level of criminal activity, there is no STRUCTURE OR FORMAL RECOGNITION OF SUCH, that this " organized crime entity" could be called an LCN borgata. Completely fine. But you weirdos act like thats the end of the conversation.

Let it come out the Bonnanos and Domenico Violi are making a play and watch how the tune changes...

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056150
04/11/23 08:47 AM
04/11/23 08:47 AM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
There's a lot in the book that isn't confirmed by other sources. Cabrini you're rambling on about things that aren't related to what was asked in this post. It's not whining or deflecting it's being uninterested in getting into anything other than the topic at hand. I'm not dismissing anything Andrea Scoppa said just because I don't believe it. I dismiss what he said about traditions and and Omerta having no meaning because he wasn't a member. We have over 100 years of history that have shown a bunch of non members have shared this opinion but has later on been disproven by actual members. The authors offered no type of corroboration with Andrea Scoppa's statement.

You accuse me of not reading and yet you still think I'm claiming Montreal has no structure or recognition in a organization. I never claimed that. I'm not sure if I need to cap lock it like you do so you see it or what but here you go I NEVER CLAIMED THAT.

Without any information saying they are apart of any organization and or they have recognition as their own Family it kinda is the end of the conversation. Any claims of that without the evidence to back it up is called speculation and that's all fine and dandy but when people are speaking in absolutes saying this is how it is because Vito Rizzuto told the Bonannos to fuck off in 1999 but can't offer any type of evidence when asked to do so multiple times that's where the line is drawn.

The tune always changes when new information comes out Cabrini that is how it works. When we don't know what exactly is going on but then we get info that explains it it changes.

I'll post this again so maybe you actually read it

Montreal has had dozens of if not more Mafia members from many different Families working in the city. They have had American Mafia Family members there and Sicilian Mafia members there. Montreal has had Ndrangheta members and Camorra members there. The only Family that has had a official Mafia crew there is the Bonanno Family. The Bonanno Family is the Mafia Family that most Montreal names we know have belonged to. There has never been a official Mafia Family in Montreal that is known. Whatever the fuck Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito and Vittorio Mirarchi and others are running in Montreal today has never been identified as a Official Mafia Family. None of them have never been identified as official members of any Mafia organization.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/11/23 08:50 AM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056159
04/11/23 10:55 AM
04/11/23 10:55 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Bonanno underboss Carmine Galante in Montreal (Quebec, Canada)
In 1953 Carmine Galante arrived in Montreal and Pretula and Ship start to work for him, Galante also got the former thief Earl Carluzzi to Montreal to control labour. The Cotroni and Violi brothers worked for Bonanno and his underboss Galante. Bonanno's cousin Stefano Maggadino didn't like that because Canada belonged to his territory because he rules Hamilton via his capo Luppino and Toronto via his capo Volpe. Volpe had been sponsored by Jimmy Luppino. In Hamilton are the most important families Papalia, Luppino, Scibetta, Bordonaro, Cippolla and Musitano. Also there is the Restivo family.

Last edited by Hollander; 04/11/23 10:56 AM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056169
04/11/23 03:52 PM
04/11/23 03:52 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Hard to read the rest when it starts with Carmine Galante was Joe Bonanno's Underboss.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/11/23 03:52 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056203
04/11/23 06:35 PM
04/11/23 06:35 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
I don't think it's that big of a deal, the Mafia and its structure was poorly understood back then. He was definitely a top captain or soldier at the time.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056204
04/11/23 06:38 PM
04/11/23 06:38 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Puparo's info is just Food for thought Carmine Galante may not been officially boss/underboss he was a huge player.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Hollander] #1056305
04/13/23 07:36 AM
04/13/23 07:36 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
It has never been clear. The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) considers the family a faction of the Bonanno crime family, while Canadian and most other international law enforcement agencies recognize it as an independent crime family.

Hollander- I believe that the U.S.intel in Canada is outdated.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056319
04/13/23 01:18 PM
04/13/23 01:18 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
US intell on US families is probably outdated.
-FBI member estimates never fluctuated in number from a report in 1984 to a report in 2002. we r to believe that all families remained at same numbers for 20 years?a statistical impossibility considering all factors that go into running and maintaining a crime family. perhaps for another thread.

-have been really digging into past reports about current structure of OC in MTL not just MAFIA, from la presse, journal de mtl and tva and it really is a stand alone city as far as who is in control. HELLS ANGELS/MAFIA ALLIANCE. no other city in canada, even toronto, or the US has this kind of alliance for control of a major organized crime city that still has a functioning mafia family.
i should state and this is important to note this alliance does not encompass all HA /MAFIA. the MTL CHAPTER OF HA seems to be the only chapter that is known to be part of this new alliance. HA MTL chapter works with some of remaining MAFIA CELLS but not all.

-i will post other info on this to another thread so as to not derail topic.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: BensonHURST] #1056330
04/13/23 06:17 PM
04/13/23 06:17 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Originally Posted by Hollander
It has never been clear. The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) considers the family a faction of the Bonanno crime family, while Canadian and most other international law enforcement agencies recognize it as an independent crime family.

Hollander- I believe that the U.S.intel in Canada is outdated.

Yes after Vito got locked up they never had the intel.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056426
04/14/23 07:21 PM
04/14/23 07:21 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
So if they're not part of the Mafia, what organization do they belong to then? They're just a group of guys with no common thread binding them together operating in a city with many other criminal organizations, crime groups that have actual names, rituals, and affiliations? Makes very little sense to me.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056442
04/14/23 08:45 PM
04/14/23 08:45 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Liggio
So if they're not part of the Mafia, what organization do they belong to then? They're just a group of guys with no common thread binding them together operating in a city with many other criminal organizations, crime groups that have actual names, rituals, and affiliations? Makes very little sense to me.

Cosa Nostra and 'Ndrangheta both love Canada it is the promised land.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056443
04/14/23 08:56 PM
04/14/23 08:56 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA

It could be just that. Look at cities with Families that have died out they all half Italian criminals there committing crimes and they might of had connections to LCN or whatever organization in the past but if they weren't formally apart of the organization they're just Italian criminals committing crimes now.

I'm not saying this is is what Montreal is but it could be. We just don't know.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/14/23 08:56 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056446
04/14/23 09:01 PM
04/14/23 09:01 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline OP
Underboss
Liggio  Offline OP
L
Underboss
Houston
With so many other organized crime groups and gangs operating in Montreal, it just seems to me that a group of Italian freelancers with no official bond or organizational belonging would get ran over and treated with no respect, yet these guys are treated like royalty in the underworld, with the exception of their rivals and traitors of course. They're still called the Mafia by the media and more than likely recognized as such by other groups in the underworld. In other cities where we've seen Italian criminals pop up running illegal gambling or whatever, the media doesn't refer to them as the mob, unlike in Montreal. That's the main difference here.

Last edited by Liggio; 04/14/23 09:25 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056456
04/14/23 10:17 PM
04/14/23 10:17 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
much to dissect here.

-there are indeed multiple crime groups operating in montreal that is correct. but which one of these said groups aside from HA and MAFIA has same level of power and influence. the street gangs cannot even go a month without shooting at each other over a diss in a youtube video. the blue and red affiliated gangs not only shoot at each other but often commit crimes against there own clics. blue vs. blue, blue vs.red, red vs. whoever. there is no comparison there. who else to look to then? west end gang? in the historical sense of the WEG they do not exist anymore. the WEG were only ever a very loose group of organized criminals who sometimes worked together on certain crimes. not all WEG were involved in mass imports of drugs through the port of MTL. very few infact. bank robbers, safe crackers, loan collectors for hire etc you name it. however the WEG does not exist anymore in this context.

-what would be a better bond than surviving years of mob war a la L. RIZZUTO AND S.SOLLECITO? and you could toss in many more names to that list of survivors. i think we have to look at the MTL MAFIA very differently than any other city as i have already said previous. after VITO RIZZUTOS death there was no longer a BOSS in the sense that most think. it is alleged that after 2005 death of VINCENT GIGANTE that the genovese DID NOT HAVE AN OFFICIAL BOSS. daniel leo was only ever indicted as acting boss. there is proof of acting panels put in place after leos 2006/2007 indictment to run the family. these panels are alleged to have existed up to 2010 death and then release of liborio bellomo. so for 5 years the possibility exists that the oft glossed "ivy league of the mafia" had no official boss. the genovese leaders or gigante before his death appointed a small influential group of senior capos to run family a very similar situation took place in MTL MAFIA after death of V.R. a major difference of course being that MTL MAFIA also teamed up with MTL HA chapter and street gangs allied to gregory wooley to maintain total control.

-and why do all mafia families in north america have to operate in the exact same way from top to bottom? there is no commission rules stating this and i am of the belief the commission if it exists means ZERO to MTL MAFIA members.

how can anyone say we dont know? has anyone read any of articles written by journalists from the journal de mtl, la presse, tva ? they are full of information spelling out the current structure. it may not be accepted by some or the proper formal structure but it is what it is.

this is info from la presse article dated sept.23 2019 by daniel renaud. renauds knowledge on oc affairs in mtl is beyond reproach.
some key quotes and statements from said article. i will add unlike burnsteins rather dubious "reporting" lately renaud gives names of law enforcement for quotes. i know what an odd thing to do as a journalist. also these are pulled direct from article (with some paraphrasing) they ARE NOT MY HYPOTHETICALS OR GUESSES. i will post links to these after go ahead and re check.

-the mafia and HA are the 2 most powerful groups in city with other groups gravitating mostly towards them.
-structure= HA/MAFIA with 20 individuals, groups and clans working with 6 decision makers.
-the HA it is clear has a hierarchy, not all members have same influence.
-structure of MTL OC/MAFIA IS NO LONGER PYRAMIDAL, SINCE THE END OF THE SICILIANS, BUT CELLULAR. MAFIA NO LONGER HAS A GODFATHER OR A LEADERSHIP TABLE.
-the police no longer systemically speak of traditional italian oc, but now of italian oc. the traditional word has been evacuated.
-the concept of men of honor no longer exists. today the lure of profit is proof of everything.
-NO BELIEF THAT MAFIA WILL CHOOSE A NEW GODFATHER IN SHORT TO MID TERM. one reason being they make money anyway.
-belief that mafia is still in a period of transition, that one of its groups could in the future assert itself.

decision makers
1.mario brouillette
2.martin robert
3.stephan plouffe
4.salvatore cazzetta
5.salvatore brunetti
(my question here as article fails to give 6th name)

other important names:
giuseppe focarazzo-alleged to be direct link between HA MTL chapter and SICILIAN CLAN (name ref'd to old vito rizzuto led family)

THE SICILIAN CLAN
-composed of members of 2nd and 3rd generation of eastablished mafia families. clan is still most influential of the MTL MAFIA.
leaders
1.leonardo rizzuto
2.stefano sollecito
3.liborio cuntrera
4.vito salvaggio
5.nicola spagnolo
(my note the above description fits 4 of 5 leaders to a tee aside from the enigma vito salvaggio)

-rizzuto/sollecito considered acting bosses (2015). the police no longer affix this label to them.

davide barberio
-believed should the need arise be able to contact vittorio mirarchi.

vittorio mirarchi
-in control of some illegal sports betting in mtl. mirarchi clan is currently independent of other mafia clans and bikers, but has strong support from a mafia family in ontario.
(my question? who is this mafia family from ontario. often repeated without any proof or evidence and long a bone of contention on here amongst many as to the origins of mirarchis power and influence)

west end gang
-no longer exists according to police.

calabrian cell
-former members of cotroni clan who rallied to rizzutos after the latter came to power in the early 1980's has steadily diminished. some have retired or sold off businesses to emerging clans. last members of cell would be protected by salvatore brunetti. if there is any succession within this clan it would no longer have any affinity with the SICILIANS.
(my note this part about calabrians is very important and should put to rest finally any question about remaining cotroni,dimaulo,gallo, volpato influence in city. the last 2 being protected are presumably antonio mucci and carmine antonio vanelli)

antonio pietrantonio
-protected now by martin robert.

agostino-albanese clan
-tobacco smuggling, paying tax to VIOLI clan to whom they are loyal.
(my note..an overlooked mention to a cell of the buffalo mafia operating in montreal. if dom violi is UB and these guys are paying a tax thats the ball game no?)

annunziata family
-sons would be very close to liborio cuntrera and salvatore cazzetta.
(my note...another puzzler here. i scoured the deep dark recesses of google and can find one annunziata in montreal or quebec for that matter and nothing points to luigi annunziata being aa associate of mafia or anything close.)

alot to take in i get it but the info is there to read. at first myself in 2019 it was not the picture of the MAFIA that i had in my head but if taken for the value of information that it is and applied to figuring out goings on in montreal it makes it easier and clearer to understand. it may not be yer grandads mafia or even yer dads but it is a mafia top to bottom structure or not.

more to follow and link.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056457
04/14/23 10:19 PM
04/14/23 10:19 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056458
04/14/23 10:38 PM
04/14/23 10:38 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
i will add further the strategy if it is that, by HA/MAFIA to completely blur the lines and mesh the 2 organizations to some extent is genius.
i realize that the very idea of bikers having to protect mafia member is anathema to some but it is the case. and for those in the MAFIA that want to continue to live and make money there really is no choice but to allie with HA. the mafia is completely outnumbered province wide by HA it is not even close.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: VitoCahill] #1056459
04/15/23 12:41 AM
04/15/23 12:41 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by VitoCahill
i will add further the strategy if it is that, by HA/MAFIA to completely blur the lines and mesh the 2 organizations to some extent is genius.
i realize that the very idea of bikers having to protect mafia member is anathema to some but it is the case. and for those in the MAFIA that want to continue to live and make money there really is no choice but to allie with HA. the mafia is completely outnumbered province wide by HA it is not even close.

The concept is nothing new it has been going on in certain areas, for many many years.
LCN has traditionally always been way more under surveillance, than other O.C. groups combined.

With that said in Amercian, LCN it makes perfect sense to farm out those brain dead, crash dummy activities, to gang members, or whoever that will assault people, burn people's cars etc.

I.E. look at Peter Pan, he burnt a car and got a dime piece.

A way smarter move would be to pay a gang member $1,000,00 or $1,500.00 to burn that car.

If you have a valued member in your LCN, crew that is bringing in Big Money, do you risk getting him taken off the streets for 10 years by sending him out to burn a car.

Vito Rizzuto formed these alliances many years ago, that was what made him the BOSS OF BOSSES was his ability to be able to form these alliances and get these different groups to work together and split the profits in relative peace.

So, providing muscle for the racket never meant anything derogatory.

1) We Cosa Nostra will be putting up the cash and bringing the drugs into this country, dealing with the mother land and the cartels.
2) Hells Angels will be wholesaling them to gangbangers and providing muscle on the street.
3) Gangbangers will be serving the FEINS, and also providing muscle.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056471
04/15/23 07:08 AM
04/15/23 07:08 AM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
very good points as always bensonhurst.
i may add though that HA in quebec have there own direct connect to cocaine and have for decades. it is not just MAFIA cells who have these. from days of mom boucher and nomads in midst of quebec biker war they were able to see that they could not just rely on mafias connects for cocaine. HA from have established chapters in ecuador and dominican republic. the d.r. chapter was founded by members from trois rivieres chapter and those connections remain to this day. the d.r. is a jumping off transit point for cocaine imports. the quito chapter (i think it is based in quito) was founded by michel lajoie smith an ex full patch HA who has long held connections to cocaine sources.

also the HA have a lock on production and distribution of meth in province. never a traditional mafia racket the meth business but this generates huge profits for the angels and there support clubs.

the only other thing i will add is that appears from articles written in 2021 by daniel renaud and others that gregory woolley and his allies are no longer part of this alliance. the same setup that was put in place from 2012-2015 ended with magot/mastiff arrests. this new alliance would be led by HA AND MAFIA with woolley not having as big or any say. probably a result of woolley being incarcerated until 2020/2021. but in same article it does state that leadership of HA has no interest in past feuds amongst mafia or street gangs and is only interested in making money.

so both HA/MAFIA do still continue to farm out hits, arson,beatings etc to some sets of street gangs but not all.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056555
04/16/23 05:02 AM
04/16/23 05:02 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
When we talk about OC in Canada, all groups have benefitted and prospered immensely.
With the money comes the power.

As I stated earlier probably the biggest mistake that Rizzutto made (WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING FOR SURE) in my opinion due to the fact that Rizzutto ran his Borgata Moreso like a drug cartel and all that was needed was for someone within or from outside establish a supplier and they were in business for themselves.

Obliviously the Hells Angels picked up on this and after Vito's arrest and the subsequent 3-way war that ensued Cosa nostra was weakened. to the point where the H.A. stepped in.

As always, the Italians the Italian Mafia garners the most attention from L.E. even in Canada, while some H.A. were pinched it was nothing compared to what happened to the Italians.

Let's see how the H.A. fair when the bosses are constantly targeted and taken off the streets and they are weakened by RCMP, and then they started fighting among each other.
I mean the H.A. traditionally are not known for sophistication.

Let time tell that story next.

Cosa Nostra Structure has been in place for 100's years it has withheld the test of constant L.E. attacks, constantly having to rebuild, restructure etc.

The crazy part is that he seen this all-coming Vito Rizzutto, what I mean is in the book the 6th family, right after he was arrested and he was in the car with RCMP he told them "WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NOW THAT YOU ARRESTED ME" there is going to bodies everywhere, something to that nature.

If they never fought from within this probably would have never happened.
Like the "HOUSE OF DRAGONS" could only be defeated from within.

LOL

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056726
04/17/23 02:25 PM
04/17/23 02:25 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
at one time i would have agreed about HA sophistication. but in last few years they have become very sophisticated in some of there rackets. andre chartrand and jonathan ranger 2 men recently arrested were operating a cocaine processing lab mere hours outside montreal proper. and not processing from powder into crack or re packaging from import to the street best evidence shows it was from paste to powder. this is not an easy process with my lack of chemistry knowledge aside. furthermore the HA in quebec have a lock on production of meth in province for distribution across quebec and into eastern ontario and the east coast provinces. and this is not 1970's biker crank this meth rivals that produced by the cartels in mexico.

also important to remember the HA were wiped out after 2009 operation sharq arrests. there was 1 full patch member on the street. out of 120 + - in province. if any mafia crime family with similar numbers were taken off street in such a way that would have been the ball game for that family. lets pretend the entirety of the bonannos were arrested in such a fashion with lets say only john spirito sr. left on the street. the bonannos would be done or in such a state of confusion and panic that remaining ny families would swallow up there territory and rackets. i use the bonannos as a example but insert colombos or lucchese as an apt comparison.

however the HA IN QC were able to maintain some territory and through some very good lawyers and the HA have the best they were able to get out of all those charges for the most part. now i will add it takes very little sophistication to outsmart the canadian judicial system but it takes a whole lot of money to drag out a trial for 6 years.

and for the last 2 years the authoities in province have been going hard at HA. there structure of how they operate is making it hard to make those big arrests. the HA operate with the same cellular way as MAFIA.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056736
04/17/23 04:12 PM
04/17/23 04:12 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
Mafia families don't take out a franchise agreement with the commission for exclusivity of a certain territory and use of the term "Mafia" (TM)

They're "mafia" by their heritage and actions, not because they're Michael Mancuso-approved.

...although the way things are going with all the YouTube content, etc. these days that may be the new low that is stooped to next!

With so many other organized crime groups and gangs operating in Montreal, it just seems to me that a group of Italian freelancers with no official bond or organizational belonging would get ran over and treated with no respect, yet these guys are treated like royalty in the underworld, with the exception of their rivals and traitors of course. They're still called the Mafia by the media and more than likely recognized as such by other groups in the underworld. In other cities where we've seen Italian criminals pop up running illegal gambling or whatever, the media doesn't refer to them as the mob, unlike in Montreal. That's the main difference here.

Last edited by eastsideofvan; 04/17/23 04:13 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: VitoCahill] #1056739
04/17/23 05:31 PM
04/17/23 05:31 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Vito thanks for reminding or more likely informing Benny that Quebec arrested nearly every Hells Angels in the province in the 2000s and are arrested more commonly than any Mafia guys are. Don't boost his ego when he obviously knows very little and just piggy backs off of others posts and regurgitates the same basic takes repeated about Canada.

Originally Posted by VitoCahill
much to dissect here.

-there are indeed multiple crime groups operating in montreal that is correct. but which one of these said groups aside from HA and MAFIA has same level of power and influence. the street gangs cannot even go a month without shooting at each other over a diss in a youtube video. the blue and red affiliated gangs not only shoot at each other but often commit crimes against there own clics. blue vs. blue, blue vs.red, red vs. whoever. there is no comparison there. who else to look to then? west end gang? in the historical sense of the WEG they do not exist anymore. the WEG were only ever a very loose group of organized criminals who sometimes worked together on certain crimes. not all WEG were involved in mass imports of drugs through the port of MTL. very few infact. bank robbers, safe crackers, loan collectors for hire etc you name it. however the WEG does not exist anymore in this context.

2) -what would be a better bond than surviving years of mob war a la L. RIZZUTO AND S.SOLLECITO? and you could toss in many more names to that list of survivors. i think we have to look at the MTL MAFIA very differently than any other city as i have already said previous. after VITO RIZZUTOS death there was no longer a BOSS in the sense that most think. it is alleged that after 2005 death of VINCENT GIGANTE that the genovese DID NOT HAVE AN OFFICIAL BOSS. daniel leo was only ever indicted as acting boss. there is proof of acting panels put in place after leos 2006/2007 indictment to run the family. these panels are alleged to have existed up to 2010 death and then release of liborio bellomo. so for 5 years the possibility exists that the oft glossed "ivy league of the mafia" had no official boss. the genovese leaders or gigante before his death appointed a small influential group of senior capos to run family a very similar situation took place in MTL MAFIA after death of V.R. a major difference of course being that MTL MAFIA also teamed up with MTL HA chapter and street gangs allied to gregory wooley to maintain total control.

3) -and why do all mafia families in north america have to operate in the exact same way from top to bottom? there is no commission rules stating this and i am of the belief the commission if it exists means ZERO to MTL MAFIA members.

4) how can anyone say we dont know? has anyone read any of articles written by journalists from the journal de mtl, la presse, tva ? they are full of information spelling out the current structure. it may not be accepted by some or the proper formal structure but it is what it is.

5) this is info from la presse article dated sept.23 2019 by daniel renaud. renauds knowledge on oc affairs in mtl is beyond reproach.
some key quotes and statements from said article. i will add unlike burnsteins rather dubious "reporting" lately renaud gives names of law enforcement for quotes. i know what an odd thing to do as a journalist. also these are pulled direct from article (with some paraphrasing) they ARE NOT MY HYPOTHETICALS OR GUESSES. i will post links to these after go ahead and re check.

-the mafia and HA are the 2 most powerful groups in city with other groups gravitating mostly towards them.
-structure= HA/MAFIA with 20 individuals, groups and clans working with 6 decision makers.
-the HA it is clear has a hierarchy, not all members have same influence.
-structure of MTL OC/MAFIA IS NO LONGER PYRAMIDAL, SINCE THE END OF THE SICILIANS, BUT CELLULAR. MAFIA NO LONGER HAS A GODFATHER OR A LEADERSHIP TABLE.
-the police no longer systemically speak of traditional italian oc, but now of italian oc. the traditional word has been evacuated.
-the concept of men of honor no longer exists. today the lure of profit is proof of everything.
-NO BELIEF THAT MAFIA WILL CHOOSE A NEW GODFATHER IN SHORT TO MID TERM. one reason being they make money anyway.
-belief that mafia is still in a period of transition, that one of its groups could in the future assert itself.

decision makers
1.mario brouillette
2.martin robert
3.stephan plouffe
4.salvatore cazzetta
5.salvatore brunetti
(my question here as article fails to give 6th name)

other important names:
giuseppe focarazzo-alleged to be direct link between HA MTL chapter and SICILIAN CLAN (name ref'd to old vito rizzuto led family)

THE SICILIAN CLAN
-composed of members of 2nd and 3rd generation of eastablished mafia families. clan is still most influential of the MTL MAFIA.
leaders
1.leonardo rizzuto
2.stefano sollecito
3.liborio cuntrera
4.vito salvaggio
5.nicola spagnolo
(my note the above description fits 4 of 5 leaders to a tee aside from the enigma vito salvaggio)

-rizzuto/sollecito considered acting bosses (2015). the police no longer affix this label to them.

davide barberio
-believed should the need arise be able to contact vittorio mirarchi.

vittorio mirarchi
-in control of some illegal sports betting in mtl. mirarchi clan is currently independent of other mafia clans and bikers, but has strong support from a mafia family in ontario.
(my question? who is this mafia family from ontario. often repeated without any proof or evidence and long a bone of contention on here amongst many as to the origins of mirarchis power and influence)

west end gang
-no longer exists according to police.

calabrian cell
-former members of cotroni clan who rallied to rizzutos after the latter came to power in the early 1980's has steadily diminished. some have retired or sold off businesses to emerging clans. last members of cell would be protected by salvatore brunetti. if there is any succession within this clan it would no longer have any affinity with the SICILIANS.
(my note this part about calabrians is very important and should put to rest finally any question about remaining cotroni,dimaulo,gallo, volpato influence in city. the last 2 being protected are presumably antonio mucci and carmine antonio vanelli)

antonio pietrantonio
-protected now by martin robert.

agostino-albanese clan
-tobacco smuggling, paying tax to VIOLI clan to whom they are loyal.
(my note..an overlooked mention to a cell of the buffalo mafia operating in montreal. if dom violi is UB and these guys are paying a tax thats the ball game no?)

annunziata family
-sons would be very close to liborio cuntrera and salvatore cazzetta.
(my note...another puzzler here. i scoured the deep dark recesses of google and can find one annunziata in montreal or quebec for that matter and nothing points to luigi annunziata being aa associate of mafia or anything close.)

alot to take in i get it but the info is there to read. at first myself in 2019 it was not the picture of the MAFIA that i had in my head but if taken for the value of information that it is and applied to figuring out goings on in montreal it makes it easier and clearer to understand. it may not be yer grandads mafia or even yer dads but it is a mafia top to bottom structure or not.

more to follow and link.

2) We do have to look at it differently as other cities with Mafia Families because Montreal never had one. It was a Bonanno crew that was a nexus between other independent or semi independent Italian crime groups. Part of this Bonanno crew might have broken off from the Bonanno Family at some point but it's clear at least some part of it came into conflict with the Bonanno Family.

There is no evidence Vito Rizzuto was ever considered a official Boss/CapoMafia/Rappresentante or that any of the people you named and are commonly called Capo/Captain/Capodecina/Caporegime ever held those positions. We can debate it back and forth but the fact of the matter is no public information has shown this and if by chance I have missed it so have all you since no one has shown it. There's no recordings testimony or anything of the sort.

Mafia Families have a history of not electing or confirming a Boss as soon as the previous one steps down or passes away.

3) It's the how the structure has been for 100+ years. The Commission could mean zero to the Montreal Mafia if they are no longer LCN.

4) This has never been about what the structure is. No one has said we don't know who the leaders are and aren't able to identify other cells. All I ever said is we don't know what organization any of them belong to or if they are just Italian criminals.

The leaders and people who have more clout than others are known but we don't know the exact structure of these cells and none of these articles have provided it. The question of what these guys are hasn't been answered.

5) If the police no long speak of traditional italian organized crime but now of just Italian organized crime that sounds a lot like they don't belong to any organization so couldn't be a official Mafia Family. I won't say the statement ends the debate because they don't say what that actually means but it sounds like it's just Italian criminals. It also gets confusing when Daniel Renaud in later articles has used traditional Italian organized crime to refer to the present day. There's a lot of contradictions in the coverage of organized crime in Montreal that aren't always the authors fault as it comes from the police but it happens often.

You also misread about the Agostino-Albanese clan being loyal to Dom Violi. It said to which they were loyal at the time of the domination of the Calabrians in Montreal. This is talking about when Vic Cotroni was Captain and Paolo Violi was Acting Captain of the Bonanno crew not current days. Domenico Agostino and his cousin Franco Albanese could of been paying a tax for their tobacco smuggling ring because it was coming through the Buffalo border or some other arrangement. This doesn't make them a cell of the Buffalo Mafia. Pat Musitano in the late 2000s and 2010s was collecting tax on all drug dealers operating in the Hamilton and Niagara region. It didn't make anyone paying that tax a cell of the Buffalo Mafia too.

The Annunziata cell refers to what I think are brothers Michel and Luigi Annunziata. They appear on the chart of different cells that Furio From Naples shared here with all the names written out that someone did on the other forum. There isn't much on them and they don't have criminal records. They are close to Salvatore Cazzetta and came up in Project Machine.

The article you shared is dated the most recent articles we have that give a outline of the structure and alliances are from 2021 and they're dated themselves. They still highlight a Mafia and biker alliance but with some different names.

The first was July 11 2021 Daniel Renaud wrote about the Montreal Hells Angels taking up more space and Martin Robert and Stephane Plouffe being in the center of this network between the various cells. Also says the Sicilians are losing power.
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...e-la-garde-au-sein-du-crime-organise.php

The second came on October 27 2021 and Felix Seguin wrote about the Rizzutos AKA Sicilians becoming the most powerful group again in Quebec. He names Stefano Sollecito Leonardo Rizzuto Vito Salvaggio and Liborio Cuntrera as co leaders and Francesco Del Balso as a financer. Martin Robert Stephane Plouffe Salvatore Cazzetta and Giles Lambert are labeled as associates of them.
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/10/08/le-clan-mafieux-rizzuto-est-de-retour-en-force

The third article was written on December 27 2021 and Daniel Renaud writes the new Mafia and Biker table is made up of Martin Robert Stéphane Plouffe Marco Pizzi Davide Barberio and Erasmo Crivello. But another source says other people sit at the table depending on the situation. This one looks to be much more fluid then any of the others. Daniel Renaud also writes Gregory Wooley has returned to the fold with the Hells Angels
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...se-montrealais/la-nouvelle-normalite.php

All of this is very different today. Davide Barberio was shot in October 2021 and I don't know if this has changed his standing in the current power structure. Francesco Del Balso was targeted in October 2022 and possibly in January 2023. Leonardo Rizzuto was shot in March 2023. Stefano Sollecito is sick and reportedly stepped back. Salvatore Cazzetta is no longer a member of the Montreal Hells Angels first reports said he was expelled from the club but a separate report said he wasn't allowed to wear his cutte for a few months and then made to join the South chapter.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/17/23 05:33 PM.
Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: eastsideofvan] #1056740
04/17/23 05:46 PM
04/17/23 05:46 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
Mafia families don't take out a franchise agreement with the commission for exclusivity of a certain territory and use of the term "Mafia" (TM)

They're "mafia" by their heritage and actions, not because they're Michael Mancuso-approved.

...although the way things are going with all the YouTube content, etc. these days that may be the new low that is stooped to next!

If me and Italian friends start committing illegal gambling and loansharking we aren't automatically Mafia. Unless you're using it in the catch all way like they do with Russian Greek Chinese Moroccan and other organized crime. When talking about the Montreal Mafia and specifically the Rizzutos you're talking about the organization that is LCN. To be Mafia in this context you need more than heritage and actions. You need recognition from the organization or as you put it Michael Mancuso approved. If the organization doesn't recognize you you aren't Mafia you're Italian criminals.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Mafia101] #1056746
04/17/23 06:19 PM
04/17/23 06:19 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
I would disagree - IF - you and your Italian friends are all the sons of guys made over in Sicily, and if you are using violence to enforce your extremely profitable rackets. You've then established your own family. Particularly if, to make a further point, you and your friends have racked up a higher body count than all 5 families combined in the last 20 years. If anything, maybe you and your friends are the ones now in a position to decide who's "Mafia" and who isn't.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056765
04/17/23 07:48 PM
04/17/23 07:48 PM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
But that isn't how it works. Take the Purple Gang as an example there was lots of Italians in it that were making a lot of money and were violent but they weren't recognized as their own Family and no one is calling them one. Being Italian and committing crimes isn't the only prerequisites to be considered the Mafia. Being Italian committing crimes and partnering with Mafia members in those crimes doesn't make you Mafia.

This is Mafia basics here and I'm losing my mind that this even has to be talked about.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056766
04/17/23 07:54 PM
04/17/23 07:54 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
i will start off by saying i am not boosting someones ego. i do not know bensonhurst from a hole in the ground. i enjoy the posts he brings to these forums. and if we are going to talk about regurgitated posts and takes i appreciate the work that went into finding the links to those french media articles it must have been a lot of work considering i posted them previous. i dont know what history u and bh have but it would be nice to be able to share on these threads without it all coming derailed by petty arguing...my minor jab aside. we could all be wrong about all of this info. there is nothing wrong with defending a point but to what end? anyhoo on to some of mafia 101 points.

this one being very important. VITO RIZZUTO and his crime family, crew, cell, group of un affiliated non official associates whatever anyone wants to call them had by 1999 eclipsed the bonanno family in power and strength. did they still send an envelope south after 1999 very possible. we will never know. and it doesnt matter. if yer choice as a smart internationally respected mob boss which VITO obviously was depended on sending what i can only imagine was a meager amount of money by comparison to ny if only to placate them or stop and possibly risk a souring of relations...what would you do?

and since when do families wait around to elect a new boss? because it takes law enforcement a while to figure out who the new guy is doesnt mean they take along time to elect a new one. how long did it take for cammarano jr to whip votes to become new boss while mancuso the sitting boss was in jail? not too long. i used the genovese as an example because best evidence cant tell us who if anyone was indeed put in place after gigantes death.

and the question as to who these guys are leading organized crime in montreal and its structure has kinda been answered it may not be the answer some on here want or were expecting but this is what law enforcement is telling us. do LE know everything about every cell or chapter operating? f no. and if they did there going to put it on the front page of the journal de mtl for all to see. i think not.

the musitano 'ndrine was never a part of the buffalo mafia. they were an 'ndrangheta group operating in hamilton.

the comment about the annunziatas gets us no closer to who they are and i wouldnt put much weight behind that name carrying any influence in montreal.

and a very good point east side.

Re: Is There Still a Mafia Family in Montreal? [Re: Liggio] #1056770
04/17/23 07:58 PM
04/17/23 07:58 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
the bonannos were still somehow connected to the montreal crew as recently as 2006.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull