GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Millspgh, Irishman12, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,341
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. #1050309
02/02/23 12:42 PM
02/02/23 12:42 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Nick Calabrese testified to the Feds that Frank Calabrese Sr. made the silencer and that Angelo disposed of the gun that was found. This would point to LaPietra being the guy who pulled the trigger.

Giancana and Angelo knew eachother during this time since Angelo was working as a soldier, assassin, and enforcer under Giancana's right hand man Fiore "FiFi" Buccieri and Joey Aiuppa who would succeed Giancana, as boss of the outfit. This created trust between Angelo and Giancana. Shortly after Giancana was killed, Angelo is appointed Capo of the Chinatown/26th street regime. What better way to reward a loyal and dependable soldier for what he had done by making him Capo of his own crew. A similar situation happened with John Gotti out in New York when he killed Castellano.

Thoughts?

Last edited by RushStreet; 02/02/23 01:12 PM.
Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1050310
02/02/23 01:12 PM
02/02/23 01:12 PM
B
Big_Tuna93 Offline
Capo
Big_Tuna93  Offline
B
Capo
I believe it to be almost certain that Blasi pulled the trigger.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: Big_Tuna93] #1050311
02/02/23 01:31 PM
02/02/23 01:31 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93

Thats the prevailing theory.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: NYMafia] #1050318
02/02/23 04:03 PM
02/02/23 04:03 PM
R
RushStreet Offline OP
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia

Thats the prevailing theory.

Explain who Blasi is please. It is quite possible LaPietra whacked Giancana no matter what other theories are out there.

Last edited by RushStreet; 02/02/23 04:04 PM.
Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1050323
02/02/23 04:21 PM
02/02/23 04:21 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Dominic (Butch) Blasi was an inducted member of the Chicago Outfit, a soldier, who happened to be one of the most trusted aides, chauffeur-bodyguard, and daily companion to Sam Giancana.

In fact, toward Giancana's last days, Blasi was said to be one of the few, very few, men who could get close enough to Sam (and was trusted enough by him), to whack him!

[which is exactly what Blasi is very, very strongly suspected of having done]...as per direct orders from Accardo and Ricca.

Last edited by NYMafia; 02/02/23 04:22 PM.
Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1050331
02/02/23 04:59 PM
02/02/23 04:59 PM
B
Big_Tuna93 Offline
Capo
Big_Tuna93  Offline
B
Capo
There are a lot of credible sources that back ^^^ that claim.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: Big_Tuna93] #1050340
02/02/23 05:45 PM
02/02/23 05:45 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

There are a lot of credible sources that back ^^^ that claim.

Absolutely BT

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1051470
02/18/23 12:59 PM
02/18/23 12:59 PM
P
PalJoey Offline
Associate
PalJoey  Offline
P
Associate
Calabrese said Accardo himself killed Mooney. Makes sense, I think it was John Roselli or Accardo that killed Sam.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1051471
02/18/23 01:35 PM
02/18/23 01:35 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Oh please, a boss of Tony Accardo's caliber actually killing someone himself? Bullshit!

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: PalJoey] #1051556
02/19/23 02:16 PM
02/19/23 02:16 PM
sonnyc Offline
Wiseguy
sonnyc  Offline
Wiseguy
Frank Jr isn't what I'd call a credible source.

Could Angelo have killed Giancana? Sure, but as others have stated most evidence and/or sources point to Blasi.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1051591
02/20/23 12:02 AM
02/20/23 12:02 AM
A
AJK Offline
Wiseguy
AJK  Offline
A
Wiseguy
Blasi was also the last person seen by the Feds who were staking out Giancana's home, leaving Giancana's neighborhood right before he was discovered dead. And as it was previously stated, Blasi at the time was Giancana's driver and the only person who could get that close to him.

Last edited by AJK; 02/20/23 12:04 AM.
Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: PalJoey] #1051601
02/20/23 06:52 AM
02/20/23 06:52 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by PalJoey
Calabrese said Accardo himself killed Mooney. Makes sense, I think it was John Roselli or Accardo that killed Sam.

It's possible that it was Accardo, but it's a little hard to imagine someone that high up would want to take that risk. It also seems out of character. Maybe he figured it was the only way because Giancana didn't want to meet with anyone. Blasi was always going to be the main suspect, so it doesn't really make sense to give him the contract.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1051739
02/21/23 11:02 AM
02/21/23 11:02 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Angelo LaPietra and Joe Ferriola were two people that Aiuppa brought into the hit. LaPietra supplied the gun, Ferriola did a dry run around Sam's house to make sure Blasi had other ways in to not be detected. Ferriola was Giancana enforcer once he only served 3 years, but was actually taking orders from Aiuppa, but Sam kept Ferriola at arms length cause he spent alot of time with Joey Doves, and Alfred Pilotto.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1051754
02/21/23 04:01 PM
02/21/23 04:01 PM
B
Big_Tuna93 Offline
Capo
Big_Tuna93  Offline
B
Capo
Accardo certainly gave the go ahead on the hit, but I sincerely doubt he did it himself.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: Big_Tuna93] #1068913
09/11/23 10:00 PM
09/11/23 10:00 PM
P
PalJoey Offline
Associate
PalJoey  Offline
P
Associate
Accardo certainly gave the go ahead on the hit, but I sincerely doubt he did it himself.

It had to be a high ranking mustache to just be able to get into the house

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1068926
09/12/23 03:41 AM
09/12/23 03:41 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
When he was brought back from Mexico, in 1974 Giancana allegedly had meetings with top level members such as Cerone, Alex and Spilotro, which means he was either still active or wanted to get back in the game. I think its the second one mainly because Giancana didnt have any money at the time and even owed cash to his caretaker. Also, I personally cannot find any close connection or a meeting between Giancana and Accardo at the time, or even between Giancana and Aiuppa, which throws suspicion on the relationship between Giancana and the Outfits top boss.

According to numerous FBI reports, Giancana’s closest people at the time were obviously his family members, his caretaker, but also two of his old confidants such as Charles Inglesia a.k.a. English and Dominic Blasi. These fellas were always direct with him when he was the boss of the Outfit and allegedly remained like that even during his stay out of the country, but I personally believe that now their main job was to closely watch the former boss and report back to their current top administration.

According to Giancana’s caretaker, both fellas were instructed by their former boss to visit him during day time so the feds can notice them and that nothing was really going on, but if they wanted to talk business, during night time Giancana would’ve slipped through the back door of his basement kitchen and go wherever he wished.

Also, by looking at Giancana’s situation at the time, I believe that it was easier to kill the president of the United States rather than the retired Mob boss, since he, meaning Giancana, had more media and federal coverage than any other high level government official. Even though he was previously granted for the feds to stop following his every step, still his house was on constant surveillance from a close distance and the newspaper men followed him every where he went. So if someone wanted to get near Giancana and to execute the job, he had to be his loyal and trusted companion, and the Mafia was excellent in providing that kind people or forcing them to make such a move.

As I already said, Giancana’s caretaker stated that his boss owed him money for seven months and one time when he asked about it, which was one day before Giancana’s demise or June 18, 1975, and so the old boss assured him that he was going to have the money in few days and that he was going to get much more than that. So this means obviously that someone was filling Giancana’s mind with wishful thoughts, and I believe that those individuals were either Alex and Cerone, or Giancanas messengers English and Blasi.

Giancana also recently returned from a serious operation and so he couldn’t move much, which allegedly was the main reason for Blasi’s night visit at 11 PM on June 19, 1975. After arriving, Blasi was very nervous and immediately ordered for Giancana’s caretaker to bring him a bottle of scotch, which according to the caretaker, was something very rare for Blasi to do in Giancana’s house. This means that something was bothering Blasi and he needed to calm his nerves, since it wasn’t easy for him to kill his old boss, but above all, his old friend. And as for Giancana, it was his second day out of hospital and on top of that, he was getting old and possibly failed to recognize the signs.

Again according to the caretaker, Blasi began drinking heavily and didn’t say a word, while the caretaker and Giancana were looking at some broken water pipe. After that, or at 11:20 PM, the caretaker went upstairs and left the two men to talk and after watching TV for almost an hour, the caretaker looked from his window and noticed that Blasi’s car was gone from the driveway which means that he took off. So the caretaker decided to visit his boss downstairs and when he opened the kitchen door, he was stunned by the situation since Giancana was lying on the floor with his face up and a huge pool of blood under his head and neck.

At first the investigators found six .22 caliber pistol casings and later a seventh one, which means that Giancana was shot one time at the back of his right ear, which was the shot that brought him down on the ground and possibly killed him, but his assassin had to make sure that the old boss was dead by placing the gun in the area under the chin and close to the neck and fired six more rounds. Many people say that the six shots were in fact a Mafia “message” but that’s completely false since that’s the area where the bullets can easily penetrate the skull and enter the brain. Whoever did the job had to make sure that the boss was dead but the confusing thing was that Giancana’s wallet was out of his pockets and laid beside him.

So we can obviously rule out that somebody went for the money since they found $1400 in his pockets, but the question remains on what was in Giancana’s wallet which made the assassin to search for. According to Giancana’s caretaker and also closest family friends, the late boss almost never took out his wallet in front of other people since he always carried his money in his pockets instead of his wallet, which in turn he always used it only for credit cards and important paper slips. Allegedly Giancana had some paper sheet in it, possibly with some kind of unknown and dangerous information which was later missing from that same wallet. The Chicago Outfit allegedly ordered and also executed the contract killing on Giancana, with Blasi in the role as hitman.

There was also a huge corruption involved in the case, since nobody ever saw or heard anything that night, while the whole world was watching over Giancan’s Oak Park home that same evening when the murder occurred. The cops knew it was Blasi because later they found the gun, which was allegedly provided by Angelo LaPietra or Calabrese Sr, on the same road or path which Blasi drove his car that same night after he left Giancanas residence. Blasi was a professional killer and throwing the gun on the side of road like that, means that Blasi was probably in panic and wasnt thinking straight because of the amount of booze in his blood. Thats why I dont believe in the testimony that LaPietra allegedly disposed the gun in such a foolish way.

As for Accardo personally killing Giancana....lol i find that quite funny and please dont believe Calabrese Jr.s every word. Imagine a 70 year old man hiding under the table and "BANG" Lol lol Theres no way that Accardo wouldve jeopartized his life and security over a "simple" hit.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1068960
09/12/23 04:08 PM
09/12/23 04:08 PM
C
ChiCubs Offline
Wiseguy
ChiCubs  Offline
C
Wiseguy
The idea that a 70 year old Tony Accado went over to Giancana's home and killed him himself is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard.

Of course it would come from a stunad like Calabrese Jr.

It was Blasi.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: ChiCubs] #1068999
09/12/23 09:45 PM
09/12/23 09:45 PM
P
PalJoey Offline
Associate
PalJoey  Offline
P
Associate
Originally Posted by ChiCubs
The idea that a 70 year old Tony Accado went over to Giancana's home and killed him himself is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard.

Of course it would come from a stunad like Calabrese Jr.

It was Blasi.

The person that told Calabrese that was his brother who was told by his uncle Nick. You doubt Nicks legitimacy? I don’t

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1069001
09/13/23 12:05 AM
09/13/23 12:05 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Yeah, everyday Junior think of something "new" that his uncle allegedly told him but previously never told the government....bullshit lol

I personally agree with @ChiCubs and also doubt Juniors legitimacy....so what?!

If Frank Sr told this to Nick who in turn told Jr, while being under investigation, then they are holding information which is against the law. Whats next?! Accardo personally killed RFK while being masked as a muslim?! Lol lol

Im not 100% sure but i think Accardo was either out of town or in hospital when the Giancana hit occurred, something which every smart boss wouldve done it.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: Toodoped] #1070239
09/26/23 05:20 PM
09/26/23 05:20 PM
P
PalJoey Offline
Associate
PalJoey  Offline
P
Associate
I’ve always thought it was roselli. I base this on the cia thing, Charlie hagars book, even though i don’t believe the part about bob duff killing mooney, and James Sutton said he saw roselli at the airport coming into town the day Mooney was killed.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: Toodoped] #1070304
09/26/23 09:32 PM
09/26/23 09:32 PM
R
RationalObserver Offline
Wiseguy
RationalObserver  Offline
R
Wiseguy
I believe I read somewhere that Giancana's family do not think that Blasi did it. Is there a reason for that? Why wouldn't they suspect him? Also, was Blasi at the funeral, carrying Giancana's coffin? How balsy if he did it?

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: Toodoped] #1070308
09/26/23 11:20 PM
09/26/23 11:20 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Yeah, everyday Junior think of something "new" that his uncle allegedly told him but previously never told the government....bullshit lol

I personally agree with @ChiCubs and also doubt Juniors legitimacy....so what?!

If Frank Sr told this to Nick who in turn told Jr, while being under investigation, then they are holding information which is against the law. Whats next?! Accardo personally killed RFK while being masked as a muslim?! Lol lol

Im not 100% sure but i think Accardo was either out of town or in hospital when the Giancana hit occurred, something which every smart boss wouldve done it.

I actually think its somewhat realistic that Joe B did this hit too - if you have hard evidence to prove otherwise, I'd love to hear it. I know its nuts and that asshat Frank Jr. Calabrese says that on his sideshow tours, but that's honestly what I think happened. I believe Torello and LaPietra were the ones who coordinated the hit through Aiuppa and Blasi was the one who set the trap and was threatened to keep his mouth shut - but I would not be surprised if the shooter was Joe B.

That said, you are right - it would make more sense for him to be out of town. You would think newspaper reports would say otherwise but I haven't seen them.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1070322
09/27/23 05:11 AM
09/27/23 05:11 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by PalJoey
I’ve always thought it was roselli. I base this on the cia thing, Charlie hagars book, even though i don’t believe the part about bob duff killing mooney, and James Sutton said he saw roselli at the airport coming into town the day Mooney was killed.

Thats another version regarding Rosellis alleged involvement but during those days he was "almost" shelved by the organization and wasnt respected at all. In fact, Rosellis downfall began since the late 60s or early 70s.

Originally Posted by RationalObserver
I believe I read somewhere that Giancana's family do not think that Blasi did it. Is there a reason for that? Why wouldn't they suspect him? Also, was Blasi at the funeral, carrying Giancana's coffin? How balsy if he did it?

Giancana's brother Chuck believed it was the CIA that killed Sam.

Originally Posted by ChiTown

I actually think its somewhat realistic that Joe B did this hit too - if you have hard evidence to prove otherwise, I'd love to hear it. I know its nuts and that asshat Frank Jr. Calabrese says that on his sideshow tours, but that's honestly what I think happened. I believe Torello and LaPietra were the ones who coordinated the hit through Aiuppa and Blasi was the one who set the trap and was threatened to keep his mouth shut - but I would not be surprised if the shooter was Joe B.

That said, you are right - it would make more sense for him to be out of town. You would think newspaper reports would say otherwise but I haven't seen them.

In May 1975 (just one month before Giancanas demise) Accardo began having health issues and also had problems with his son who in turn made false statements on a loan application. This means the old man was watched and I dont think he had the energy and strength to pull out such a professional hit.

Also dont forget that Blasi first started as "secretary" for Accardo, meaning he and the old man went way back. Later when Giancana replaced Accardo, Blasi became errand boy for the new boss. It seems that by the 1970s Blasi was almost broke and so he probably had to "work out" his debts.

Seventeen days before the hit, one of the top three bosses Gus Alex had a meeting with Accardo. Two days before the hit, Alex went to Miami.

Heres some files...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1070370
09/27/23 12:11 PM
09/27/23 12:11 PM
C
ChiCubs Offline
Wiseguy
ChiCubs  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Toodoped- correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blasi go back to driving Accardo after the Giancana hit and into the 80's?

I think it's pretty well known that Blasi was Accardo's driver in 1976 and was the person who took the infamous "Last Supper" photo.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: ChiCubs] #1070375
09/27/23 01:03 PM
09/27/23 01:03 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
On the GIancana hit, whoever did it clearly walked through that forest preserve where they found the gun. I also trust TD's view here too - maybe it was Blasi. I expect there may be 1-3 people left alive who really know.

Toodoped- correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blasi go back to driving Accardo after the Giancana hit and into the 80's?

I think it's pretty well known that Blasi was Accardo's driver in 1976 and was the person who took the infamous "Last Supper" photo.

Did Blasi really take that photo? I always thought it was the restaurant owner - we used to think it was at Como Inn (Joe Marchetti) but learned it was the Old Sorrento's on Harlem - that is Joe DiMarca.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: ChiTown] #1070411
09/28/23 02:57 AM
09/28/23 02:57 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

To be honest I personally dont remember if Blasi went back as Accardos assisstant, and Im not saying that you're wrong. If you see some of Accardos pics from the 70s and 80s, you can see that he was either accompanied by Nick Palermo and that other guy (dont remember his name) or Accardo simply drove his car by himself and acted as elderly citizen. Back in the 60s he was often assissted by Cerone and later, there are some pics from the 80s of Accardo and Carlisi being assissted by John DiFronzo who in turn was the underboss at the time.

As @ChiTown already said, the pic was allegedly taken by the owner of the restaurant.

By the way did you guys know that there was a contract on Blasi sometime during the 60s and was later nixed?

Originally Posted by ChiTown
On the GIancana hit, whoever did it clearly walked through that forest preserve where they found the gun. I also trust TD's view here too - maybe it was Blasi. I expect there may be 1-3 people left alive who really know.

I also have suspicion that Spilotro mightve executed the hit. During 1974/75 Giancana had meetings with both Cerone and Spilotro and everyone in the Outfit knew that Giancana was banging Spilotros wife. Also dont forget that the Giancana hit involved huge corruption which means they probably planned the hit for almost a year.

Maybe this is a clue...

[Linked Image]

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1070522
09/29/23 12:36 PM
09/29/23 12:36 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Johnny Rosselli was in Florida and came into Chicago on the morning of Giancana getting hit. I believe Giancana had called his allies to town that day. We know Blasi, Rosselli, English, Spilotro, Ferriola, Eboli, Carlisi both did not stay long and most likely just delivering a message from one of the Joe's, Corina, Aloisio, DiVarco, Caruso, pretty much many members from the Former 42nd gang. Many of these guys were notorious hitters.

Rosselli was kept at arms length by Chicago but kept doing business with other families in Florida, mainly the Trafficante, Gambino and Genovese families while socializing with members of New Jersey and Philadelphia, but by late 1975 he was upsetting many of these members. His mouth was most likely the cause, not ratting but saying things that should not he said to other families. Fratianno gave a good description of Rosselli at this time, and Johnny was saying things that should of have not been said.

Giancana was banging Spilotro wife and someone else's wife around this time, but he also slept with other members wives in the past so you could put 15 to 20 guys on a list of suspects just on that detail alone.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1070556
09/29/23 09:05 PM
09/29/23 09:05 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Johnny Rosselli was in Florida and came into Chicago on the morning of Giancana getting hit. I believe Giancana had called his allies to town that day. We know Blasi, Rosselli, English, Spilotro, Ferriola, Eboli, Carlisi both did not stay long and most likely just delivering a message from one of the Joe's, Corina, Aloisio, DiVarco, Caruso, pretty much many members from the Former 42nd gang. Many of these guys were notorious hitters.

Rosselli was kept at arms length by Chicago but kept doing business with other families in Florida, mainly the Trafficante, Gambino and Genovese families while socializing with members of New Jersey and Philadelphia, but by late 1975 he was upsetting many of these members. His mouth was most likely the cause, not ratting but saying things that should not he said to other families. Fratianno gave a good description of Rosselli at this time, and Johnny was saying things that should of have not been said.

Giancana was banging Spilotro wife and someone else's wife around this time, but he also slept with other members wives in the past so you could put 15 to 20 guys on a list of suspects just on that detail alone.

What was it that Roselli was saying exactly?

If I'm not mistaken, he was originally from Boston's North End and went back with the old Patriarca family prior to Chicago where he worked for major heroin dealers - so he had his roots on East Coast to begin with.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1070581
09/30/23 04:23 AM
09/30/23 04:23 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Some files say that during the late 60s and early 70s Roselli was facing jail and deportation charges and on top of that the government also wanted answers regarding the CIA/Mafia plots, meaning Roselli had three huge problems at the same time. By February 1971 Roselli was in the Federal Penitentiary in Seattle, Washington. The feds allegedly pressured Roselli for information but one official said that he had been sworn to silence by the CIA. Thats why the CIA allegedly approached the immigration department regarding Rosellis problem and so the whole situation went on halt and by 1973 he was paroled. The CIA allegedly played the card that there wasnt any country that would accept Roselli.

But there was a problem, this time in the eyes of the whole government, that in 1975 Roselli wasnt satisfied from the outcome and filed a suit against the secretary of the US army and later he even sued the feds. This means Roselli was creating too many enemies and was bringing too much attention. Roselli apperared before the senate hearings regarding the CIA/Mafia stuff, including the JFK hit, and story goes that the agency was allegedly aware that Roselli intended to expose his participation in the plots. Roselli allegedly told the senate that Giancana was only a "back-up" man who in turn was murdered 4 days before Roselli made that statement.

Sources say that word came down among Rosellis mob associates that he was talking and as I already said in some of my previous posts, thats why during the early or mid 70s Roselli lost his stature and respect within the Outfit. I mean the bosses werent sure if the rumor was true but why take a chance?! Who knows, maybe the CIA also approached some of the top bosses regarding the same problem?! In June 1976 Fratianno met with Roselli and almost a month later, Rosellis body was found in an oil drum.

Re: Theory : Angelo LaPietra whacked Giancana. [Re: RushStreet] #1070806
10/02/23 04:45 PM
10/02/23 04:45 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Just stumbled upon this old vid and i thought it was deleted....btw the book is great...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull