GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 241 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8638
05/16/04 07:30 PM
05/16/04 07:30 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline OP
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline OP
Underboss
Desolation Row
I understand GF3!(Warning This may contain spoilers) For at least 5 months I was in the fog about GF3.There were a lot of old men trying to kill Mike for various reasons.I could never tell which old guy was his friend, or which was his enemy. At the end, a bunch of the old guys got whacked. confused And then there was that horrible Immobliere/Vatican deal.
I figured as a fan of the trilogy, I would at least have to figure of GF3.So this weekend I watched it again, paying close attention to names, and I figured it out!Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is my take on it.
Altobello made a deal w/ Joey Zasa, which is why he left before the hellicopter, and why Connie(I still hate that part)killed him. Archbishop Guilday and Kenzing were in together to scam Mike oput of the 6 million, or however much it was, because they knew the pope was gravely ill.Kenzing then turned around and scammed Guilday.But at the head of the whole thing was Lucchesi(I'm wondering if he has any basis on Tommy Lucchese)Who for some reason did not want Mike to get in on Immobliere. I thought it might be because the other NY Dons wanted a cut, but Mike wanted it legit, so they took thier complaints to Altobello, who in turn took them to Lucchesi, but I'm not sure on that part of the plot.
Ahgain, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can walk higher tongue knowing that I understand GF3 grin

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8639
05/17/04 03:55 AM
05/17/04 03:55 AM
Cambridge, UK
Turridu Offline
Associate
Turridu  Offline
Associate
Cambridge, UK
FFC's commentary track on the DVD seems to hint strongly that Lucchesi was based on the former Italian Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti.

Like Lucchesi, Andreotti wore distinctive thick-rimmed glasses, and was known for the phrase 'Power wears out those who don't have it'.

Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8640
05/17/04 10:38 AM
05/17/04 10:38 AM
california
Robo Offline
Made Member
Robo  Offline
Made Member
california
i think the archbishop knew all along the money was never going to get used for what michael intended it for. the archbishop,keinzig, and lucchese have been taking money from the church for a long time, which is where i think there debt came from. when the archbishop asked michael to pay off this debt, i dont think the archbishop had any intention on putting it back into the church, just more money for them. which is where the whole controversey is, michael was asuured that after he paid off the debt he would get the vatican's vote for full control of immobliare. though, the pope has the final say.
the pope suddenly is ill and it looked like michael, who had given the church millions of dollars to buy his vote from the vatican, had lost all his money.

robert

In my home! In my bedroom, where my wife sleeps! Where my children come and play with their toys. In my home.
Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8641
05/17/04 02:08 PM
05/17/04 02:08 PM
Rhode Island
AllAboutTheFamily Offline
Made Member
AllAboutTheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Rhode Island
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am obsessed with the godfather trilogy and I learn new things every time I watch the movies but I could never really understand GF4 too much. Too many new people and the names got confusing. But thanks you cleared it all up for me DCC!

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun."-Billy Joel
Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8642
05/21/04 11:23 PM
05/21/04 11:23 PM
al neri 701 Offline
Wiseguy
al neri 701  Offline
Wiseguy
your summary of it, made me understand it a little better. grazie! smile

Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8643
05/22/04 11:28 AM
05/22/04 11:28 AM
Connecticut
Don Lights Offline
Underboss
Don Lights  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut
good job Don Sonny Corleone, I understood the plot before, but it's the most simple story to follow. We should have created a topic long ago to summarize The Godfather Part III.

Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8644
05/22/04 02:35 PM
05/22/04 02:35 PM
al neri 701 Offline
Wiseguy
al neri 701  Offline
Wiseguy
now its easy to understand why Archbishop Gilday wanted Cardinal Lamberto dead, (had him killed anyway) because Lamberto sided with Michael and had Gilday cleaned out as soon as Lamberto got named Pope John Paul I.

now the only question still remaining is if Vincent, with shades of his dad Santino, is fit to run in Michael's reign?

Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8645
05/26/04 01:57 AM
05/26/04 01:57 AM
Jakarta
Bimo Offline
Associate
Bimo  Offline
Associate
Jakarta
So, who killed Cardinal Lamberto (after he become the Pope)? And which interest?

Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8646
05/26/04 09:27 AM
05/26/04 09:27 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by Bimo:
So, who killed Cardinal Lamberto (after he become the Pope)? And which interest?
I agree with the previous post. I think it was Gilday - notice how he looks down into his own tea before the shot of the tea being delivered to the Pope. If Gilday didn't poison the Pope, he still knew about it. If not Gilday, it was a button man from Don Lucchessi.

Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8647
05/27/04 05:49 PM
05/27/04 05:49 PM
Rhode Island
AllAboutTheFamily Offline
Made Member
AllAboutTheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Rhode Island
Originally posted by goombah:
[b] So, who killed Cardinal Lamberto (after he become the Pope)? And which interest?
I agree with the previous post. I think it was Gilday - notice how he looks down into his own tea before the shot of the tea being delivered to the Pope. If Gilday didn't poison the Pope, he still knew about it. If not Gilday, it was a button man from Don Lucchessi. [/b]
Technically, its supposed to be unknown-FFC doesn't even know considering that it was based on the actual mysterious death of Pope John Paul I.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun."-Billy Joel
Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8648
09/24/04 12:40 PM
09/24/04 12:40 PM
Gothenburg, Sweden
Don Arvido Offline
Button
Don Arvido  Offline
Button
Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally posted by Turridu:
FFC's commentary track on the DVD seems to hint strongly that Lucchesi was based on the former Italian Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti.

Like Lucchesi, Andreotti wore distinctive thick-rimmed glasses, and was known for the phrase 'Power wears out those who don't have it'.
FFC's commentary track mentions that Lucchesi is based on a powerful real-life character, but refrains from mentioning his name.

I have assumed that Lucchesi was based on Michele Sindona, who was a Sicilian banker that handled the finances of The Vatican, P2 and the Cosa Nostra.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Gravy, gravy, you know... tomato sauce
Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8649
09/25/04 01:12 PM
09/25/04 01:12 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It is such a compliment to FFC that, as the Trilogy progresses, he bases more and more of it on historical events. Like GF II and the Kefauver Hearings, and Cuba and Castro, GFIII uses the Vatican banking scandal as the fodder for the storyline.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8650
09/29/04 06:34 PM
09/29/04 06:34 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

i wonder if there is a godfather 4 what story lines there will be

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: I UNDERSTAND!!!!! #8651
10/05/04 11:47 PM
10/05/04 11:47 PM
the matresses Offline
Made Member
the matresses  Offline
Made Member
Originally posted by AllAboutTheFamily:
Originally posted by goombah:
[b]
[b] So, who killed Cardinal Lamberto (after he become the Pope)? And which interest?
I agree with the previous post. I think it was Gilday - notice how he looks down into his own tea before the shot of the tea being delivered to the Pope. If Gilday didn't poison the Pope, he still knew about it. If not Gilday, it was a button man from Don Lucchessi. [/b]
Technically, its supposed to be unknown-FFC doesn't even know considering that it was based on the actual mysterious death of Pope John Paul I. [/b]
Gilday definetly knew about the pope being poisoned, although I believe it was Luchessi's idea. However, my personal opinion is that when Gilday looks at his tea he is actually fearing for his own safety, considering how much double and triple crossing is going on in the deal and wondering if perhaps Luchessi will try and kill him . But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran molasses into Canada -- made a fortune -- you father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Green -- and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man -- a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull