GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CleanBandit), 258 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,898
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carlo's lack of vision #1043581
11/12/22 02:37 PM
11/12/22 02:37 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Did Carlo really think he wouldn't have to "answer for Santino"? Was he, like Fredo, blinded by his desire for power to really think that the family wouldn't put together the pieces of the puzzle resulting in the assassination of Sonny? Resulting in all roads leading back to him!

Attached Files 49456bff03852096a20da8a5af123b96.jpg

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Carlo's lack of vision [Re: johnny ola] #1043584
11/12/22 04:24 PM
11/12/22 04:24 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
The book is pretty obscure when Carlo is talking to Hagen: "The tension in Hagen's voice seemed to have finally alerted him that the news coming up was going to be really important," doesn't seem like Carlo knows all. It's always seemed unlikely to me that Carlo would have a girl call the apartment, it just adds his philandering to everything else. Maybe all Carlo did was tell them Sonny took the Causeway, and all the rest of the plan was a surprise to him, too.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Carlo's lack of vision [Re: mustachepete] #1043598
11/12/22 06:10 PM
11/12/22 06:10 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Originally Posted by mustachepete
The book is pretty obscure when Carlo is talking to Hagen: "The tension in Hagen's voice seemed to have finally alerted him that the news coming up was going to be really important," doesn't seem like Carlo knows all. It's always seemed unlikely to me that Carlo would have a girl call the apartment, it just adds his philandering to everything else. Maybe all Carlo did was tell them Sonny took the Causeway, and all the rest of the plan was a surprise to him, too.

Sort of like Fredo saying:

Attached Files 70jjmw.jpg

Re: Carlo's lack of vision [Re: johnny ola] #1043621
11/12/22 10:05 PM
11/12/22 10:05 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
The novel and the movies make the case that men are blinded by greed and/or lust for revenge, and/or ambition. Rationally, Carlo could never have gotten away with beating Connie twice--the last resulting in Sonny's assassination. But he was blinded by lust for revenge after Sonny beat him up in public. And, he may have been paid off by Barzini, although I I doubt Barzini would have had to promise him anything more than just the opportunity to trigger Sonny's assassination.

For that matter, could Paulie have rationally believed he could get away with "calling in sick" on the day Vito was shot?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Carlo's lack of vision [Re: Turnbull] #1043641
11/13/22 01:51 PM
11/13/22 01:51 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Originally Posted by Turnbull
The novel and the movies make the case that men are blinded by greed and/or lust for revenge, and/or ambition. Rationally, Carlo could never have gotten away with beating Connie twice--the last resulting in Sonny's assassination. But he was blinded by lust for revenge after Sonny beat him up in public. And, he may have been paid off by Barzini, although I I doubt Barzini would have had to promise him anything more than just the opportunity to trigger Sonny's assassination.

For that matter, could Paulie have rationally believed he could get away with "calling in sick" on the day Vito was shot?

Good point. Thirst for power caused the downfall of Carlo, Fredo, and Paulie.

Attached Files 70m6fu.jpg

Re: Carlo's lack of vision [Re: johnny ola] #1044382
11/25/22 01:02 AM
11/25/22 01:02 AM
Australia
L
Lana Offline
The Hunted One
Lana  Offline
The Hunted One
L
Underboss
Australia
Originally Posted by mustachepete

Coppola and Puzo Godfather III
Originally Posted by Lou_Para
Extract:
I think it would have been funny if,when they were strangling Carlo in the car,Clemenza said "Sonny Corleone says Hello"
Originally Posted by Lana
"Sonny Corleone says Hello" would have been a nice touch indeed and poetic justice....
Originally Posted by Evita
True it would have been a nice touch indeed and poetic justice....

I reckon, Carlo blinded by his burning desire for revenge for Sonny's public beating humiliation of him, probably didn't think it through that he was setting him up, for his murder
Originally Posted by Lana
Sure thing as obvious as it was....but Carlo blinded by all-consuming revenge for "Sonny's public beating humiliation of him"

The woman [Mrs. Barzini?!] calling Carlo and Connie's home and Carlo refusing to eat the dinner Connie had cooked, among others, was setting the scene -
1. to provoke Connie
2. Carlo to hit Connie
3. Connie to phone Sonny

and gambling on hot-headed Sonny even more enraged that Carlo dared to hit Connie again even after Sonny's ominous warning, rushing out like Sonny did....
Originally Posted by Capri
obvious You blamed him for Sonny -- you always did. Everybody did
Originally Posted by Evita
Also he wouldn't have needed much persuasion if any at all either and would have done it without something in it for him unlike Fredo
Carlo thinks he can lure Sonny to his murder and somehow end up as Michael's right hand man in Nevada, smirking and smug he had fooled the Corleones

Re: Carlo's lack of vision [Re: johnny ola] #1044409
11/26/22 01:11 AM
11/26/22 01:11 AM
G
Gudfadern Offline
Button
Gudfadern  Offline
G
Button
Yes if there is anything to go in question to whether Carlo was aware it's the smirk in the car I'd say.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull