GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 250 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,032
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,348
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming #1042722
10/29/22 04:27 PM
10/29/22 04:27 PM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Offline OP
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Offline OP
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
Soft Paywall

Get ready for the first U.S. railroad strike in three decades: Analysis

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-rev...railroad-strike-in-two-decades-analysis/

By Bill Stephens | October 27, 2022

Two unions' rejection of tentative contract deals make it more likely that engineers' and conductors' unions will vote no, too, increasing the prospect of a strike

A U.S. railroad strike now seems inevitable.

The Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen overwhelmingly rejected their tentative contract agreement with the railroads this week, following in the footsteps of the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees, who turned down their deal earlier this month.

This makes it almost certain that the rank-and-file members of the two largest rail unions — the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen and the SMART-TD union that represents conductors — will vote down their proposed contracts as well. They’re now due to release the results of their ballots on Nov. 21.

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1042741
10/29/22 06:55 PM
10/29/22 06:55 PM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
A second railroad union votes down labor deal needed to avoid nationwide strike

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/26/second-railroad-union-votes-down-deal-needed-to-avert-strike.html

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1043934
11/17/22 11:57 AM
11/17/22 11:57 AM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
As holidays near, a nationwide rail strike is still on the table

Like many rail workers, he expected better, in part because of what he'd been hearing from the White House. President Biden has repeatedly talked of being the most pro-union administration in American history. He appointed former union leader Marty Walsh as Secretary of Labor. If anyone would go to bat for rail workers, it would be this president and this labor secretary, Murtagh believed.

"It was like, this is our time," he says.

He was stunned when Biden's Presidential Emergency Board released its recommendations, which became the framework for the tentative agreement. The unions had requested 15 paid sick days, up from zero. The board responded by recommending just one additional personal day.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/17/1136459343/railroads-rail-workers-strike-negotiations-labor-union

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1044156
11/21/22 07:26 PM
11/21/22 07:26 PM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
The nation's largest rail union on Monday voted down a tentative contract brokered by the White House, raising the possibility of a nationwide strike next month that could cripple the U.S. economy.

The SMART Transportation Division, or SMART-TD, which represents about 28,000 conductors, rejected the contract in a vote that garnered record turnout, the union said Monday. The contract was nixed by a slim margin, as just 50.8% of workers voted against it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/big...possibility-nationwide/story?id=93721167

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1044176
11/21/22 09:24 PM
11/21/22 09:24 PM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
One of the largest railway workers unions voted to reject a contract deal brokered by the Biden administration in September. Seven unions have agreed, but all 12 need to approve it to avoid a potentially economically devastating strike. Richard Edelman, attorney for BMWED, a union that voted against the contract, joins CBS News to discuss the contract and what workers say its missing

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1044751
11/29/22 12:14 AM
11/29/22 12:14 AM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
Biden calls on Congress to head off potential rail strike

https://apnews.com/article/business...olitics-44c88740ed57ba96a20c4fc6fffb230b

Pelosi said the House would not change the terms of the September agreement, which would challenge the Senate to approve the House bill without changes.

Statement from President Joe Biden on Averting a Rail Shutdown

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...t-joe-biden-on-averting-a-rail-shutdown/

Why Biden's Call on Congress to Block Rail Strikes Is off the Rails

https://redstate.com/brutalbrittany...ck-rail-strikes-is-off-the-rails-n665631

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1044813
11/30/22 03:14 AM
11/30/22 03:14 AM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
The reasons that Biden gave for not allowing the strike and insisting that Congress "force" the lame agreement the Union reps agreed to, was the damage to the economy, and national security concerns, etc....

Well, then, RR workers must actually be Federal Workers (without the Federal Benefits) and not know it, because practically speaking RR workers do not have a real option to actually go on strike, EVER.... because economy and national security, etc...

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1044817
11/30/22 11:16 AM
11/30/22 11:16 AM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
"A letter from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to Democratic colleagues promised two votes, reflecting the consternation she was hearing from members. The first vote will be on adopting the tentative labor agreement. The second will be on a measure to add seven days of paid sick leave for railroaders to the agreement."

https://apnews.com/article/business...olitics-055609b54cfd5d21de0f42fccddff22b

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1044827
11/30/22 03:24 PM
11/30/22 03:24 PM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
This explains the procedure of what it will take to get both of the House Resolutions passed through the US Senate, and what roadblocks and delays there could be as the strike date approaches...

"Both House-passed resolutions—with resolutions having the same effect as legislation, and each applying to most Class I railroads and their 12 labor unions—now proceed to the Senate where passage will be trickier, owing to that chamber’s unique parliamentary rules."

https://www.railwayage.com/regulatory/strike-averting-legislation-now-under-way/

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1044921
12/01/22 12:17 AM
12/01/22 12:17 AM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
“Unless Congress wants to become the de facto endgame for future negotiations, any effort to put its thumb on the bargaining scale to artificially advantage either party, or otherwise obstruct a swift resolution, would be wholly irresponsible,” said Ian Jefferies, head of the AAR.

On the other hand, the Transportation Trades Department labor coalition that includes all the rail unions praised the vote to add sick time and told lawmakers who voted against it they had “abandoned your working class constituents.”

The focus now turns to the Senate where the timing for a vote is unclear. Labor Secretary Marty Walsh and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg will meet with Democratic senators Thursday to discuss the rail negotiations.

https://apnews.com/article/business...olitics-055609b54cfd5d21de0f42fccddff22b

Re: Get ready for the U.S. railroad strike coming [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1045010
12/02/22 03:47 PM
12/02/22 03:47 PM
Over Here < < in TX
Shiny Brass
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
The agreement that the great and almighty Biden. Admin. brokered and forced through was shitty to the rank and file RR workers. It was a display of the raw and uncaring power of the RR companies. The rank and file RR worker does *not* have a friend in the White House.

Only Fox, and not the two-faced liberal MSM outlets, spoke at length about this forced agreement is not what most the RR workers wanted, as the 4 of 12 RR unions that voted against form the bulk of all RR workers. The liberal two-faced MSM outlets all Happily regurgitated the Biden WH talking points, over and over and over, and over again.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull