GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ciment, joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 350 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,309
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo #1041253
10/05/22 07:01 AM
10/05/22 07:01 AM
Geekboy145 Offline OP
Associate
Geekboy145  Offline OP
Associate
It seems she found out way later. Obviously she came straight back from Vegas for Carlo’s funeral. Then who knows how much longer after the funeral they are packing up the house to move to Nevada when Connie comes storming in accusing Michael of Carlo’s murder.

Surely they had some kind of story cooked up to tell Connie that either Carlo died by an accident or was murdered by other mobsters, etc. How did she just suddenly know it was Micheal?
Does the book go into further explanation about this?

Last edited by Geekboy145; 10/05/22 07:02 AM.
Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Geekboy145] #1041262
10/05/22 08:48 AM
10/05/22 08:48 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that they just messed up the continuity. I think the altercation is supposed to occur within a few days of the hits. The hits on the dons make the newspapers, then Carlo doesn't show up in Vegas and before too long Connie figures things out (she's a Corleone, too) and flies back home. The moving van and packing up the house seems out of sync, and in the novel that actually does occur later.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Geekboy145] #1041272
10/05/22 11:58 AM
10/05/22 11:58 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
According to the movie,the hit on Carlo occurred on the same day as the killing of the other Bosses.
After he tells Carlo that Barzini, Tattaglia ,Cuneo, Stracchi, and Greene are dead, he says "Today I settled all Family business"..

Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Geekboy145] #1041276
10/05/22 12:39 PM
10/05/22 12:39 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
The Last Woltz Offline
Underboss
The Last Woltz  Offline
Underboss
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree with Pete that the altercation happened very soon after the hits.

Remember, Connie picks up a newspaper and tells Kay "Read the papers. Read the papers." I'm sure she was referring to the coverage of the killings of the other Bosses (although probably not Carlo, who I'm sure was never found).

That wouldn't have made sense had there been a long time between the killings and Connie's confrontation with Michael.

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"
Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Geekboy145] #1041285
10/05/22 06:14 PM
10/05/22 06:14 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
The altercation with Carlo,followed by Carlo's murder, took place on the very day of the hits.

Last edited by Lou_Para; 10/05/22 06:15 PM.
Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Geekboy145] #1041290
10/05/22 07:26 PM
10/05/22 07:26 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted by Geekboy145
It seems she found out way later. Obviously she came straight back from Vegas for Carlo’s funeral. Then who knows how much longer after the funeral they are packing up the house to move to Nevada when Connie comes storming in accusing Michael of Carlo’s murder.

Connie was with Carlo, not in Vegas, after the baptism, when Michael told him he couldn't go to Vegas. There was no way Carlo could have had a funeral, after being murdered by garotte, with a big red circle around his dead neck. His body would have disappeared, as do most Mob victims' bodies in important hits. Carlo was killed the same day as the Dons but the moving vans would have started arriving arriving very soon after that.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Turnbull] #1041322
10/05/22 10:07 PM
10/05/22 10:07 PM
E
Evita Offline
Underboss
Evita  Offline
E
Underboss
Don't know he told Carlo There's a car waiting for you outside to take you to the airport. I'll call your wife, to tell her what flight you're on like she had gone ahead and was already in Vegas

I reckon Connie's return and confrontation with Michael, happened within a couple of days after the hits

no rocket science! Michael! You lousy bastard -- you killed my husband! You waited until Papa died so nobody could stop you, and then you killed him. You blamed him for Sonny -- you always did. Everybody did.

I too reckon, the moving van and packing up the house would have already been arranged as they knew they were leaving

Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Geekboy145] #1041324
10/06/22 12:08 AM
10/06/22 12:08 AM
Australia
L
Lana Offline
The Hunted One
Lana  Offline
The Hunted One
L
Underboss
Australia
Outside the Church after the baptism
Michael: Carlo -- can't go to Vegas Something's come up Everybody's going to leave without us
Connie: Oh, Mike -- it's our first vacation together
Carlo: Hey Connie, please [Note: not! “Hey shut up, Connie, when Sonny's [Michael] talking...”

Doesn't Kay “Read the papers -- read the papers!” That Newspaper must be at least a couple of days old!!

Connie to Kay: Why do you think he kept Carlo at the mall? All the time he knew he was gonna kill him
Maybe I am misunderstanding but it seems to me, too that "she [Connie] had gone ahead and was already in Vegas"
ie: Connie was not with Carlo in New York

Besides Michael's right hand man in Nevada! - wasn't Carlo phoning his mistress? when Michael walked in

Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Lana] #1041328
10/06/22 01:43 AM
10/06/22 01:43 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted by Lana
Maybe I am misunderstanding but it seems to me, too that "she [Connie] had gone ahead and was already in Vegas"
ie: Connie was not with Carlo in New York.

Yes, you are misunderstanding: Connie was not "already in Vegas ie: Connie was not with Carlo in New York."
Connie was in the church with Carlo, Michael and Kay. Connie was right behind Carlo immediately after the baptism:. Carlo was killed the same day as the baptism, There is no way she and her children and their household could have gotten to Vegas before Carlo was killed. Most likely, she would have waited at the Mall until Carlo was "released" to go to Vegas.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: Turnbull] #1041334
10/06/22 08:31 AM
10/06/22 08:31 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Originally Posted by Turnbull
[quote=Lana]Yes, you are misunderstanding: Connie was not "already in Vegas ie: Connie was not with Carlo in New York."
Connie was in the church with Carlo, Michael and Kay. Connie was right behind Carlo immediately after the baptism:. Carlo was killed the same day as the baptism, There is no way she and her children and their household could have gotten to Vegas before Carlo was killed. Most likely, she would have waited at the Mall until Carlo was "released" to go to Vegas.

I don't think that this is right, TB. Michael gives Carlo a ticket and a car to the airport, and says he'll call Connie and tell her what flight Carlo is on. That all implies that Connie has gone on ahead.

The way I see it is that "the first vacation together" Connie mentions is the first time everybody - Michael and Kay, Connie and Carlo, Mama - are traveling together. It's a big deal for Connie because she thinks the baptism has lifted the cloud of suspicion over Carlo. Apparently they're all leaving direct from the church, but Michael holds back himself and Carlo and sends the others ahead. He has to clear the mall because Tessio and Carlo will be dealt with there.

Again, none of what I'm saying makes sense with the moving van and Kay standing there packing when Connie runs in. In the novel, those are distinct events months apart, and I don't think Coppola merged them rationally.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: How did Connie know Michael killed Carlo [Re: mustachepete] #1041344
10/06/22 07:30 PM
10/06/22 07:30 PM
E
Evita Offline
Underboss
Evita  Offline
E
Underboss
I too don't think that TB is right, in this instance
That was no misunderstanding: "she [Connie] had gone ahead and was already in Vegas" as per Michael's plan all along

No doubt Connie was in the church She is the mother of the baby being baptized!
She was holding the baby outside the church and even got the baby's new Godfather Michael to kiss him certainly thinking and hoping the baptism has lifted the cloud of suspicion over Carlo.

Exactly Pete he sent Mama and Connie ahead, on "the first vacation together" because He has to clear the mall, to settle all Family business That was his strategy all along He played this one beautifully

Michael: Carlo -- can't go to Vegas Something's come up Everybody's going to leave without us

If Most likely, she would have waited at the Mall until Carlo was "released" to go to Vegas where was she
1. when Michael walked in
2. Carlo was answering for Santino
3. he was getting into the car, to take him to the airport
4. also why would she come to confront Michael, in the car instead of just walking over?

As regards the moving van and Kay standing there packing when Connie runs in, I reckon a couple of days have passed after the hits, so it makes sense in the movie that the relocation was progressing full swing

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull