GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 312 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,336
Posts1,058,841
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter #1041219
10/04/22 12:57 PM
10/04/22 12:57 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
As some of you might know, I have a new YouTube venture of original mob /underworld related videos that I shoot here in New York and narrate/edit myself. My first documentary was a 3 part piece on Carmine Galante and the third part is now up.

If you could like/comment/subscribe it would be appreciated to help my channel grow. I have many more original vids completed and coming soon.

Parts 1 and 2 below if you haven't seen and are interested in catching up first:

Part 2

Last edited by Iceveins; 10/04/22 12:59 PM.
Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: Iceveins] #1041235
10/04/22 08:37 PM
10/04/22 08:37 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
It's good content and you have a lot of factual information but it's hard to keep track of the amount information you're providing in the short duration of the episode. You may want to consider making them a little longer and/or slowing the pace down, in my humble opinion.

Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: Iceveins] #1041246
10/04/22 11:27 PM
10/04/22 11:27 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I like the fast pace (Sorry C-Note) and enjoyed it. You get to the point, some who do these spend more time on themselves or just playing to the camera. You stayed on topic. I never believed that he wanted his daughter to get made, though it was put out there back then by the either FBI or another law group, or the media. Galanto going to he local YMCA in that area is funny, I never knew of that, but can imagine the reactions of people who later found out who he was.

Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: CNote] #1041247
10/04/22 11:41 PM
10/04/22 11:41 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Originally Posted by CNote
It's good content and you have a lot of factual information but it's hard to keep track of the amount information you're providing in the short duration of the episode. You may want to consider making them a little longer and/or slowing the pace down, in my humble opinion.
Thanks and I respect your opinion, some like the slower pace videos but me personally, I prefer a slightly faster paced story that hits the salient details and can keep my attention, so I model my videos the same way. YouTube also recommends that style and to keep them a certain length so I'm trying to optimize for max exposure, feel me?

Last edited by Iceveins; 10/04/22 11:52 PM.
Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: jace] #1041248
10/04/22 11:48 PM
10/04/22 11:48 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
Originally Posted by jace
I like the fast pace (Sorry C-Note) and enjoyed it. You get to the point, some who do these spend more time on themselves or just playing to the camera. You stayed on topic. I never believed that he wanted his daughter to get made, though it was put out there back then by the either FBI or another law group, or the media. Galanto going to he local YMCA in that area is funny, I never knew of that, but can imagine the reactions of people who later found out who he was.
Thanks bro, appreciate it.

There's some interesting things about Galante that I left out of this series because I wanted to hit the most relevant things but I might make a few shorts about it in the future. He may have been a psychopathic killer but he was one interesting mofo!

Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: Iceveins] #1041269
10/05/22 11:30 AM
10/05/22 11:30 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
There was some great footage I never saw before in there. I wish news footage of the time with the area residents talking was available. One problem: I'm told at the time of Galante's killing the area had changed to a Hispanic majority. The news reporters wanted to keep the Mafia vibe going in the story, so they sought out Italian looking people to interview. Was anyone here around back in those days?

One more thing about the video: It is one of the better ones done on him. Most repeat the same stories.

Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: jace] #1041277
10/05/22 03:42 PM
10/05/22 03:42 PM
I
Iceveins Offline OP
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline OP
I
Made Member
There was some great footage I never saw before in there. I wish news footage of the time with the area residents talking was available. One problem: I'm told at the time of Galante's killing the area had changed to a Hispanic majority. The news reporters wanted to keep the Mafia vibe going in the story, so they sought out Italian looking people to interview. Was anyone here around back in those days?

One more thing about the video: It is one of the better ones done on him. Most repeat the same stories.
There actually is some footage of local Hispanics in Bushwick being interviewed at the time of his murder. I have the footage but couldn't work something out with the network that owns the rights so I didn't use it in my video.

Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: Iceveins] #1041284
10/05/22 05:53 PM
10/05/22 05:53 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by Iceveins
Thanks and I respect your opinion, some like the slower pace videos but me personally, I prefer a slightly faster paced story that hits the salient details and can keep my attention, so I model my videos the same way. YouTube also recommends that style and to keep them a certain length so I'm trying to optimize for max exposure, feel me?

100%, All I can do is offer my perspective for your review, what you do with it, is, as it should be, your prerogative my friend. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more episodes.

Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: CNote] #1041543
10/09/22 11:10 AM
10/09/22 11:10 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Iceveins

100%, All I can do is offer my perspective for your review, what you do with it, is, as it should be, your prerogative my friend. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more episodes.

Isecond that motion...Iceveins..I love ur work & look forward 2 all ur surprises...U give life 2 this dying bb.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Carmine Galante, Part 3 - The Final Chapter [Re: jace] #1041600
10/09/22 10:21 PM
10/09/22 10:21 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey

Totally agree with releasing more videos we know they have (GOV)
What are they saving them for?
If they release some, why not release them all.....I understand current possible indictments play a role but older videos should, in my opinion but what do I know

Not trying to hack the thread with boosting someones Youtube subscriptions but, that”Mobfax”
Channel has so many news footage for many mobsters. Good channel for that stuff.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull