GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (DanteMoltisanti), 236 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,970
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,350
Posts1,059,059
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: jace] #1040764
09/24/22 06:12 PM
09/24/22 06:12 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by CNote

These are the theories promoted by Anthony Colombo and the Colombo Family in order to portray Joe Colombo in the most favorable light. It is based on anecdotal accounts and is the weakest factually.

Well, if you say what you put up are facts, and anything opposing is only speculation or anecdotal accounts, others could turn it around and say the same. All sources are anecdotal accounts when you think of it.

The difference is that the anecdotal evidence from the Colombo Family is obviously going to be slanted towards portraying Joe Colombo in the most favorable light. Are you seriously stating Anthony Colombo is going to admit his father was a gangster and racketeer, profiting from the misery of others? They deny that the Mafia ever existed and that Joe Colombo was head of the Colombo family.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: jace] #1040767
09/24/22 06:30 PM
09/24/22 06:30 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

Nice story about Murphy but it only scrapes the surface.
Murphy had been born in Manhattan's Greenwich Village to Italian and Irish parents. Much of Murphy's youth was spent in the robbing of Dentist's offices for the bounty to be found in the gold that was used to make gold teeth. When Murphy was finally caught, he spent 10 years in prison. Once free, Murphy accelerated the body building habit he had acquired in prison by using anabolic steroids to bulk up. This allowed Murphy, still a young man, to enter the world of "professional wrestling." Such a "sport" existed on the fringes of the American Mafia. Although steroids were not illegal at that time, the drugs were an integral part of operations run by three syndicates in New York that would later be called the Colombo, Gambino, and Genovese families. These families would provide steroids to young body builders, and such men could then be exploited into a number of sidelines; work as bodyguards for mobsters, bouncers at bars, the world of professional wrestling, professional prostitution, both gay and straight, and the production of X-rated films. The Colombo Family were masters of these rackets, and would eventually change the adult entertainment business forever with their production of the movie "Deep Throat," which would rake in millions of dollars for the Family.
That's from another article by J. R. de Szigethy
https://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_477.html

C-Note, that last link you put up the same story I posted earlier, it isn't another one.

Ok you're correct it is the same article, however, it still doesn't provide any facts to support your position.
I actually meant to cite this other article by the same author J. R. de Szigethy

PART TWO: ED �SKULL� MURPHY AND THE FBI

The FBI's protection of Ed Murphy began many years before their protection of James �Whitey� Bulger and Jeffrey Epstein, but it is essentially the same story. Murphy was also a pedophile who preyed upon vulnerable youths whom were teenagers. His victims were young boys.
First, he sexually assaulted these boys, plying them with illegal drugs. Once under his sexual and financial control, Murphy then pimped these boys out to rich and prominent closeted gay men, many of whom he then extorted from significant amounts of cash and commodities as blackmail.
Like Whitey Bulger, Murphy was sent to prison for several years as a young man and when he got out he vowed to never go back, even though he was committed to his profession; that of a career criminal. Like Bulger after him, Murphy found that he could be protected from Prosecution by serving the FBI as their Informant. Also, like Bulger, Murphy would perpetuate the false narrative that he was some sort of �folk hero� within his own community. The investigations of Ed Murphy by the Media and law enforcement escalated regarding a notorious American Mafia crime committed in broad daylight in Manhattan in 1971. The man who committed this crime had organized crime connections that led investigators to Ed Murphy and his associates, who were also involved with the American Mafia. The date was June 28, 1971; the location, Columbus Circle in Manhattan. It was Colombo's Second �Italian Unity Day� celebration for his �Italian-American Civil Rights League,� an organization he had created the year previous that perpetuated the false narrative that there was no such thing as the American Mafia. As preposterous as that narrative was, it had actually for many years been championed by the Founding Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover was forced to drop this false narrative when Bobby Kennedy became his �Boss� as Attorney General of the United States. attendance were numerous members of the Media, some armed with cameras, members of the New York City Police Department, Agents of the FBI, members of several New York Mafia Families, and other criminals. One such was Jerome A. Johnson, a young African-American from New Jersey, accompanied by a young African-American female. Adorned with fake Press credentials, nothing seemed out of the ordinary as Johnson followed Godfather Colombo around with his film camera, along with his assistant. Then, the young woman, as if on cue, called out a greeting to the Godfather. Colombo turned to face her. Johnson now held in his hands both a camera and a gun, which may have been secreted to him by his female accomplice. He then opened fire on Colombo at close rang. Several Mafia members then jumped upon Johnson, one of them pumping three bullets into the assassin's back. Despite the presence of dozens of cops, both Johnson's accomplice and the man who killed Johnson managed to get away. (4) Somehow, in the presence of dozens of reporters, not a single photograph emerged publicly of the young female accomplice of Johnson as she fled the scene, nor the Mafia Associate who killed her accomplice.
https://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_574.html

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: jace] #1040770
09/24/22 06:41 PM
09/24/22 06:41 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Albert Seedman WAS a good cop, the accusation that he was a sadist because he mushed someone's face on a perp walk, is tempered by the fact that the perp, Tony Dellernia, was a lowlife scumbag cop-killer.

Tony Dellernia was acquitted, retried on a technicality, and acquitted again.

Uggh, I can't believe you're trying to defend this lowlife Skel. Dellernia walked on the charge but he was the driver of the getaway car for two convicted cop killers, so he beat the rap but everyone knows he's a cop killer, straight up. I just talked to a friend on mine from Queens, who worked for the DOJ on the Organized Crime Task Force, he ran into Seedman a few times and told me Seedman was a no bullshit cop who wasn't afraid to break protocol. He always respectful and always chomped on an unlit cigar, this is only 2 degrees of separation from Chief Seedman, you can't get much closer than that. If you want I'll post the chat thread for your review.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: CNote] #1040789
09/25/22 12:02 AM
09/25/22 12:02 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Albert Seedman WAS a good cop, the accusation that he was a sadist because he mushed someone's face on a perp walk, is tempered by the fact that the perp, Tony Dellernia, was a lowlife scumbag cop-killer.

Uggh, I can't believe you're trying to defend this lowlife Skel. Dellernia walked on the charge but he was the driver of the getaway car for two convicted cop killers, so he beat the rap but everyone knows he's a cop killer, straight up. I just talked to a friend on mine from Queens, who worked for the DOJ on the Organized Crime Task Force, he ran into Seedman a few times and told me Seedman was a no bullshit cop who wasn't afraid to break protocol. He always respectful and always chomped on an unlit cigar, this is only 2 degrees of separation from Chief Seedman, you can't get much closer than that. If you want I'll post the chat thread for your review.

He was acquitted of being the driver or having anything to do with it. How is he a lowlife? Seedman had no business doing what he did. Seedman was also a suspect in corruption scandals, but like a lot of other cops he was protected by the department. The Knapp Commission almost had him.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: NYMafia] #1040790
09/25/22 12:05 AM
09/25/22 12:05 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Organized crime, the Italian mob, had absolutely, positively, nothing to do with the attempted assassination of Joe Colombo that fateful day in Manhattan's Columbus Circle. Nothing! Nada! Zero!

Did they hate him? Did they want him dead? Would they have killed him if they had the chance to? Definitely! But that doesn't mean they did it, or had a hand in it in any way, shape, or form.

That is a fiction created by the media, local law enforcement, the FBI, the U.S. Justice Department, certain uninformed segments of the mob itself, and the general public who were (and still are) clueless to what happened that day.

And the follow up killing of Crazy Joe Gallo at Umberto's Clam House that next year was more of the same. A "still confused" mob, still reeling from Colombo's shooting, and still assuming Gallo was behind that shooting, sent in a hit team to finish off Gallo, who had been a "thorn in their side" for many years to begin with, regardless of his "assumed" involvement in the Colombo incident.

I'm not going to go into the semantics and particulars of Joe Colombo's shootings. But for those of you interested in learning the what really happened, against the backdrop, tempo, and atmosphere back in the early 1970s, I wrote a pretty extensive biography about Joe Colombo's life, career, and the causes for his shooting where I debunk lots of these myths, which is available on the ButtonGuys of The New York Mafia website.

PS: The more knowledgeable wiseguys within the mob itself damn well "knew" they had nothing to do with the shooting, and after the smoke cleared came to realize WHO was behind the attempted assassination. Bosses, skippers, and key wiseguys understood or were told in "whispered confidence" where things stood...No more need one said!

So who in your opinion was it?

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: CNote] #1040796
09/25/22 06:08 AM
09/25/22 06:08 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

. Yup Seedman was definitely a no nonsense cop but I think he had to be during that tumultuous time dealing with a lot of criminals/killers. Definitely paved the way for the younger generation of cops coming up.

Last edited by JCrusher; 09/25/22 06:19 AM.
Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1040803
09/25/22 11:13 AM
09/25/22 11:13 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Tony Dellernia beat two trial for the same case, not guilty twice, how can anyone call him guilty? As for Seedman breaking protocol that means beating suspects and other wrong things. Sorry, but to me a great cop was Frank Serpico, s people's cop, not a cop's cop.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: CNote] #1040807
09/25/22 12:00 PM
09/25/22 12:00 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

. Have you had a chance to read Seedman’s book Chief? It’s a good one!

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: Millspgh] #1041017
09/30/22 03:58 AM
09/30/22 03:58 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by Millspgh
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
I’m going to weigh in;

I believe Carmine Persico was involved (directly/and indirectly if that makes sense) Most people never include him in the Joe Colombo hit because (Persico and Colombo were friends) but think about it;

Carmine Persico had a lot to gain after Colombo’s death. He became boss and had some support from other bosses; some of the family and his crew… He was able to install Tom DiBella as a front…; etc…

I honestly think this was a internal and commission approved hit. (Mostly Carlo Gambino scheming)

Persico was involved in some way with this hit….

I don’t know why people never mention this much.

What’s everyone thought?

Definitely an interesting take, a a real possibility if you ask Me. because Carlo would not take out Columbo until he had his own man taking over in my opinion, someone who was in his corner.
He would not ok a hit on a Boss without knowing and approving who was going to take over, and he sure wasn't going to support Joe Gallo, in my opinion.
I don't know if you are right Z, but its a good theory that is a legit possibility in my eyes.

Def would make sense to have the likely successor/Capo with the strongest crew in the know and in his corner to avoid a possible war.

At that point in time he was the undisputed “BOSS OF BOSSES” so I would imagine he was more tElling than asking….

Give Persico the “KNOD” and let him know that he will support his ascension to the top, so Persico knows he has the backing of the commission if anyone in the family or outside tried to intervien.

Gambino gets rid of a (“DIS-RESPECTFUL HEAD-ACHE).
Persico gets the “CROWN”
Colombo takes a “DIRT-KNAP”

Just another “DAY IN THE LIFE” in “THIS THING OF OURS”

Last edited by BensonHURST; 09/30/22 03:59 AM.
Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1041079
09/30/22 10:43 PM
09/30/22 10:43 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Colombo was shot in June '71 and Crazy Joe Gallo in April '72 somehow these hits were related.

Last edited by Hollander; 09/30/22 10:50 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: Hollander] #1041095
10/01/22 12:06 PM
10/01/22 12:06 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
Colombo was shot in June '71 and Crazy Joe Gallo in April '72 somehow these hits were related.

I think they had been looking to kill Gallo since the 1960's. He got overconfident and went to Little Italy. He had been hanging out with celebrities for a few years so they could not touch him. They say the nickname "Crazy" came from LE, but he was really a nut.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1041134
10/03/22 12:07 AM
10/03/22 12:07 AM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@Bensonhurst.

Carmine Persico was a captain with the biggest crew and he had the backing of the commission; but I have to tell you…: He had something to do with Joe Colombo’s death….

How could he not??

Why do people overlook this?

A captain becoming a boss out of no where?? He was in prison also.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 10/03/22 12:08 AM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: Zavattoni] #1041136
10/03/22 12:12 AM
10/03/22 12:12 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
@Bensonhurst.

Carmine Persico was a captain with the biggest crew and he had the backing of the commission; but I have to tell you…: He had something to do with Joe Colombo’s death….

How could he not??

I think he was just the logical choice. It is the smallest family, and Persico was one of the few on top. If he was in prison at the time he may not have become boss right away. Imagine if Scarpa had become boss? He was an undercover informer working with the FBI, as much damage as he did, as boss it would have been worse.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: Zavattoni] #1041141
10/03/22 08:02 AM
10/03/22 08:02 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
@Bensonhurst.

How could he not??

Let us not forget that Persico was part the Gallo crew whom Gambino incited to rebel against Profaci originally. Then, after Colombo was shot, Chubby Rossillo shoots and kills Jerome Johnson, who had ties to the Gambino Family, Persico takes Rossillo under his wing and gives him a button and places him under a good Capo. Clearly, the connection between Persico and Gambinos becomes stronger after reviewing the history between them.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1041147
10/03/22 11:02 AM
10/03/22 11:02 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Was it ever proven that Rossilio shot Johnson, I thought they did not know who killed him after he shot Columbo.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1041168
10/03/22 07:46 PM
10/03/22 07:46 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: jace] #1041349
10/06/22 09:14 PM
10/06/22 09:14 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss

then after shooting Columbo was shot dead, yet not a single FBI or Detective there saw who did it!! Yeah, sure. Columbo's own son even said it was not the Mafia before he passed away.

I think probably the cops and/or FBI shot Johnson, and letting the Mob take credit for it was easier than investigating themselves. As to whether they put Johnson up to the job, that's more difficult to know. But it's certainly possible.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: Fleming_Ave] #1041366
10/07/22 12:28 PM
10/07/22 12:28 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave

then after shooting Columbo was shot dead, yet not a single FBI or Detective there saw who did it!! Yeah, sure. Columbo's own son even said it was not the Mafia before he passed away.

I think probably the cops and/or FBI shot Johnson, and letting the Mob take credit for it was easier than investigating themselves. As to whether they put Johnson up to the job, that's more difficult to know. But it's certainly possible.

Agree, plus they let the media run with any story any way they wanted to create several myths.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: Zavattoni] #1041368
10/07/22 01:16 PM
10/07/22 01:16 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
@Bensonhurst.

How could he not??

Makes sense to me.
One thing for sure this was NOT a random event.

Just really look at who had motive, who stood to gain the most and out of this and that is the most logical answer.

Last edited by BensonHURST; 10/07/22 01:16 PM.
Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1041371
10/07/22 03:25 PM
10/07/22 03:25 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Not for the sake of simply being contrary, (but in my opinion, my gut, and in the gut of those who were in a position to know at the time), I strongly strongly disagree with the theory that Junior had anything at all to do with Joe's shooting. And for that matter, nor did Carlo Gambino or any other wiseguy or connected guy have a hand in his shooting. The mob was simply NOT involved at all, but was thrown out there to the gullible public and even to many other crime figures, who were not in the know, as a "red herring" so to speak!

And IMO, that is the bottomline truth to Colombo's Columbus Day shooting!

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1041410
10/07/22 07:44 PM
10/07/22 07:44 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there is nothing wrong with trying to persuade another person to your point of view. This topic is never going to get resolved and has been beat like a dead horse.
Here's the last thread about it, that resulted in like three bannings..
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1004708&page=1

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: NYMafia] #1041433
10/07/22 09:11 PM
10/07/22 09:11 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Not for the sake of simply being contrary, (but in my opinion, my gut, and in the gut of those who were in a position to know at the time), I strongly strongly disagree with the theory that Junior had anything at all to do with Joe's shooting. And for that matter, nor did Carlo Gambino or any other wiseguy or connected guy have a hand in his shooting. The mob was simply NOT involved at all, but was thrown out there to the gullible public and even to many other crime figures, who were not in the know, as a "red herring" so to speak!

I agree with you and Colombo's son that the feds did it...Who would take a contract job in front of 100,000 people unless they thought they had the ultimate protection behind them ?? Then when he does the job, he's killed, and confirmed as the shooter but nobody saw the guy who killed him ??

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: CNote] #1041442
10/07/22 09:30 PM
10/07/22 09:30 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there is nothing wrong with trying to persuade another person to your point of view. This topic is never going to get resolved and has been beat like a dead horse.
Here's the last thread about it, that resulted in like three bannings..
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1004708&page=1

It was discussed before, but the banning of those people were not over that topic. They were all having other disputes here that led to the banning on separate occasions for each one. You're right about it being like beating a dead horse. I thought the book should have persuaded some people to see it from a different perspective, but it did only little.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1042009
10/16/22 10:46 PM
10/16/22 10:46 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
NONE ABOVE

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: DiLorenzo] #1042058
10/18/22 01:47 PM
10/18/22 01:47 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo

I agree with you and Colombo's son that the feds did it...Who would take a contract job in front of 100,000 people unless they thought they had the ultimate protection behind them ?? Then when he does the job, he's killed, and confirmed as the shooter but nobody saw the guy who killed him ??

Not that no one seen it.
No one would talk back then.

It was a different world.

If you were Italian from Bensonhurst or you were not Italian and from Bensonhurst
And you talked you opened yourself and your family to a whole world of bad possibilities.

One of them the Label that you talk to the cops feds etc.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: NYMafia] #1042059
10/18/22 02:00 PM
10/18/22 02:00 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss

I respect your work and can tell that we’re around the “LIFE”.

Colombo was killed by the FBI.

I have heard this before never paid attention to it mostly because the son who told the story was a real “FINOCCHIO”

The story about Colombo spitting in in Gambino’s face is not true?
If it is true, are you telling me that Spitting in the “BOSS OF BOSSES” face is NOT a death sentence.

You also telling me that it was ok for the “BOSS” of one of the 5 families, it was ok for him to bring the attention that he brought?

On T.V. Radio and Print….

Back then that was NOT a death sentence?

You still had all the old school bosses at the helm.

For what reason would the FBI want to kill Colombo?

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: dsd] #1042061
10/18/22 02:32 PM
10/18/22 02:32 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The FBI had no reason to kill Colombo. The IACRL was actually a good thing for the FBI. No a majority were not with the families, but it allowed the FBI to take notice of members who joined to be looked into and be put on the radar. The Colombo family had many members, followed by the Gambinos, and Lucchese. The Bonannos and Genovese also had a few of their members identified from it. The extortion was ludacris and allowed the FBI to take a closer look. What I mean is, is that families would tell Italian store and shopkeepers to put the sticker on their window and pay a fee or else. No, not all the stores were extorted or theated as most shopkeepers had no problem as they felt the organization was making a difference.

I already gave my answer on who I believe was responsible and there is a trail. Lots of trails actually. One thing is this, the Commission did not give the Ok, and did their investigation, which pointed to within the Colombo family. They automatically suspected the Gallos, although Joe was already their number two suspect, the number one suspect is probably lost to history.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1042888
10/30/22 10:38 PM
10/30/22 10:38 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
The FBI had no reason to kill Colombo. The IACRL was actually a good thing for the FBI. No a majority were not with the families, but it allowed the FBI to take notice of members who joined to be looked into and be put on the radar. The Colombo family had many members, followed by the Gambinos, and Lucchese. The Bonannos and Genovese also had a few of their members identified from it. The extortion was ludacris and allowed the FBI to take a closer look. What I mean is, is that families would tell Italian store and shopkeepers to put the sticker on their window and pay a fee or else. No, not all the stores were extorted or theated as most shopkeepers had no problem as they felt the organization was making a difference.

I already gave my answer on who I believe was responsible and there is a trail. Lots of trails actually. One thing is this, the Commission did not give the Ok, and did their investigation, which pointed to within the Colombo family. They automatically suspected the Gallos, although Joe was already their number two suspect, the number one suspect is probably lost to history.

The FBI had every reason to do it, he was standing up to them with success and drawing attention to their tactics.

Re: J. COLOMBOS DEATH [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1042946
11/01/22 01:43 PM
11/01/22 01:43 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Anthony Abbatemarco.