GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 272 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,852
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI #1038838
08/16/22 02:14 PM
08/16/22 02:14 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The Feds for the Eastern District of New York just indicted 9 men who they say are members and close associates of the Genovese and Bonanno Families earlier today on illegal gambling charges. Included in the indictment was a Nassau County Detective named Hector Rosario who was also arrested and specifically accused of organizing police raids against gambling operations in competition with this group of mob figures.

The "alleged" mobsters were accused of operating a string of gambling dens in Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk Counties from behind the facades of private social clubs, a soccer club, a coffee bar, and a shoe repair shop located in the towns of Lynbrook, Valley Stream, Hempstead, and West Babylon on Long Island, and in Maspeth, Queens.

The defendants were charged with racketeering, conspiracy, illegal gambling, money laundering, attempted extortion, and obstruction of justice. Those named included a "reputed" captain, acting capo, several soldiers, and mob associates.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/16/22 04:00 PM.
Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038839
08/16/22 02:23 PM
08/16/22 02:23 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Interesting to see a cop organizing police raids against competitors. Such a rat move though. This is what Whitey did

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038840
08/16/22 03:00 PM
08/16/22 03:00 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
If I'm not mistaken this is definitely not the first American LCN bust this year. They are definitely making noise in one way or another.
If this kind of smoke is a sign of being alive and operating, I'd say LCN even in its current state is WAY more viable than the supposedly all powerful "Russian mafia" in the USA. When was the last time you heard about an above average Soviet crime bust? 2017?

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038841
08/16/22 03:06 PM
08/16/22 03:06 PM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
If anyone is interested to know who got arrested. I know Bonanno capo Anthony Pipitone was one and his brother Vito. Carmine Polito from the west side. I believe he's acting capo currently

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038842
08/16/22 03:18 PM
08/16/22 03:18 PM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss
“I’m going to put him under the fucking bridge” – Nine mobsters of Genovese and Bonanno families busted https://gangstersinc.org/blog/i-m-going-to-put-him-under-the-fucking-bridge-nine-mobsters-of-ge

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038846
08/16/22 04:39 PM
08/16/22 04:39 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

This particular criminal investigation seems to date back to at least 2019, maybe longer. So there are probably a few other such "deep probe" investigations going on at this very moment...time will tell. It always does.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038857
08/16/22 08:01 PM
08/16/22 08:01 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
What a waste of resources. I could leave my house at noon and come back by 5pm and legally buy some bud, go play table games, bet on my Bucs, play my numbers, hang out with naked women while being served alcohol, and go get a cash advance and it's all legal! The feds need to go tackle real problems. They're still cracking down on gambling? The Fuck?

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: blueracing347] #1038858
08/16/22 08:12 PM
08/16/22 08:12 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by blueracing347
What a waste of resources. I could leave my house at noon and come back by 5pm and legally buy some bud, go play table games, bet on my Bucs, play my numbers, hang out with naked women while being served alcohol, and go get a cash advance and it's all legal! The feds need to go tackle real problems. They're still cracking down on gambling? The Fuck?

I agree 1,000,000%...but a lot of the government is lazy and know its easier (and makes bigger headlines) to bust a bunch of middle-aged and elderly Italian guys with funny nicknames who don't attack police or shoot at them as they make arrests, than it is to investigate and go after REAL dangerous criminals like armed robbers, rapists, muggers, wanton murderers, terrorists, and nut jobs.

The cops and feds like it nice and easy. Smooth and silk, and they look like hero's for taking down bookies, gamblers, and shylocks. It's a very fucked up judicial system to say the least....but thats nothing new. It's been that way since the alleged "Mafia" came on the scene.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/17/22 11:02 AM.
Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038864
08/17/22 12:04 AM
08/17/22 12:04 AM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia

I agree 1,000,000%...but the government are a bunch of lazy jerk-offs who know its easier (and makes bigger headlines) to bust a bunch of middle-aged and elderly Italian guys with funny nicknames who don't attack police or shoot at them as they make arrests, than it is to investigate and go after REAL dangerous criminals like armed robbers, rapists, muggers, wanton murderers, terrorists, and nut jobs.

The cops and feds like it nice and easy. Smooth and silk, and they look like hero's for taking down bookies, gamblers, and shylocks. It's a very fucked up judicial system to say the least....but thats nothing new. It's been that way since the alleged "Mafia" came on the scene.

You are so amazingly full of shit on so many levels it's crazy.

If you think gambling should be OK (like me) then call these RATS just what they are. THEY were the ones ratting on people and setting up busts. They are not victims. They're Snitches. Total scumbag assholes.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038865
08/17/22 01:22 AM
08/17/22 01:22 AM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
When I was a kid, the city police made these small pinches...The feds looked for major crimes...

To call the media and have perp walks for gamblers is pathetic...

Did they also go through their wives pantie draw like they did Melania's ??

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038869
08/17/22 02:49 AM
08/17/22 02:49 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
This year 2022, 26 innocent children have been shot by stray bullets in NYC alone.
Over the july 4th weekend 50 people were shot.

And the list goes on and on.

That’s not even including Long Island or the rest of the state on NY.

So if they would pull the resources they are spending getting gambling clubs off the streets.
Especially because gambling is legal just about every where these days.

Maybe just maybe one of those innocent children that were shot and/or killed might not have been.

Gambling dens are a victimless crime and anyone who walks into to one is a willing participant and not a victim.

THERE ARE NO INNOCENT VICTIMS when it comes gambling dens.

That’s the best the feds can do is say they are helping to protect the innocent people gambling and losing their money.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: alicecooper] #1038870
08/17/22 05:11 AM
08/17/22 05:11 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by alicecooper
Originally Posted by NYMafia

I agree 1,000,000%...but the government are a bunch of lazy jerk-offs who know its easier (and makes bigger headlines) to bust a bunch of middle-aged and elderly Italian guys with funny nicknames who don't attack police or shoot at them as they make arrests, than it is to investigate and go after REAL dangerous criminals like armed robbers, rapists, muggers, wanton murderers, terrorists, and nut jobs.

You are so amazingly full of shit on so many levels it's crazy.

If you think gambling should be OK (like me) then call these RATS just what they are. THEY were the ones ratting on people and setting up busts. They are not victims. They're Snitches. Total scumbag assholes.

I don't "think" gambling "SHOULD" be legal. It "IS" legal, in nearly every town and city in America nowadays as Bensonhurst pointed out in his post. The fact that there was a corrupt policemen who worked hand-in-glove with these guys warning them about impending police investigations while targeting their competitors for arrest doesn't take away from that fact.

The New York City Police Department, the FBI, Nassau and Suffolk County Police Departments, and so many other law enforcement agencies across America spend WAY TOO MUCH time and energy, investigative resources, and taxpayer dollars essentially going after "gamblers" instead of targeting dangerous violent crimes (again as Bensonhurst so succinctly pointed out).

Why is that you ask? The answer is twofold. #1: Law enforcement does that because it is "sexy" to go after the Italian Mob and it garners them major newspaper headlines and greatly helps to boost their careers for higher promotions within the department (all self-serving bullshit). #2: Now that the government is "in the same business," our good-ole "Uncle Sam" doesn't want the competition that they view Cosa Nostra to be. So why not "knock out" the competition so the government can better control the "playing field" so to speak. And what better way to do that than to arrest and imprison competing gamblers under the guise that so-called "ILLEGAL" gambling is bad, while "LEGAL" gambling is good? Lol

It's a very classic case of "Do as I say, don't do as I do!"

PS: On another note, the utilizing of policemen to do their "dirty deeds" of knocking out the competition by "ratting" out their competitors is nothing new. All across America since the Prohibition Era of the 1920s there have been certain gangsters who would use this tactic.

Is it right? Do I agree with it? Definitely not! But it's nothing new thats for shit sure. History is replete with instances of mob guys bribing cops to knock out rival alcohol stills and gambling joints, while those same hoods enjoyed a certain indemnity from arrest and prosecution. Chicago, NYC, Philadelphia, etc., all had "illegal alliances with corrupt cops and law enforcement."

Classically New York's "Irish Mob," certain elements of the so-called "Arsenal Gang" were known for that. Under the auspices of Hugh Mulligan (who I just did an extensive bio on only weeks ago), they had tight-alliances with half of NYC's Police Force back in the 1940s-1960s era. Mulligan ran a huge bribery "pad" that paid off dozens of corrupt policemen monthly for decades to protect his gambling operations while asking them to "raid" the gambling establishments of his competitors. Thats another well known documented fact.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/17/22 06:18 AM.
Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: BensonHURST] #1038871
08/17/22 05:12 AM
08/17/22 05:12 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
This year 2022, 26 innocent children have been shot by stray bullets in NYC alone.

So if they would pull the resources they are spending getting gambling clubs off the streets.

Maybe just maybe one of those innocent children that were shot and/or killed might not have been.

Gambling dens are a victimless crime and anyone who walks into to one is a willing participant and not a victim.

That’s the best the feds can do is say they are helping to protect the innocent people gambling and losing their money.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I completely agree with you on this subject.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: DiLorenzo] #1038873
08/17/22 06:17 AM
08/17/22 06:17 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
When I was a kid, the city police made these small pinches...The feds looked for major crimes...

To call the media and have perp walks for gamblers is pathetic...

Did they also go through their wives pantie draw like they did Melania's ??

You are correct. The "local" police usually handled gambling and usury cases unless there was a major extortion connected to it, in which case the feds would then sometimes jump in.

But with the advent of the draconian Rico Law in 1970 the government soon realized that it was better to prosecute these types of cases in Federal Court because of the heavier penalties potentially meted out in jail time and fines. So the FBI started taking over jurisdiction of these types of investigations. The locals usually acquiesce to the feds nowadays because of that fact.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038880
08/17/22 11:13 AM
08/17/22 11:13 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
The main reason for the indictment is according to Breon Peace, is they were gambling in the back of restaurants and social clubs. Well, that takes place in most of America, form small towns to big cites. It covers every demographic too. The cop closing other games is serious, but why would they need to do that? Plus we never heard of this arrests. If this cop was leading raids on other clubs, multiple times, how come it never made the news? A protected demographic perhaps.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038886
08/17/22 12:54 PM
08/17/22 12:54 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
They didn’t arrest these guys because they were Italian, they arrested them because they are white.
Had they been black, they would had made every excuse in the book. Violent crimes committed by blacks are tolerable, some gambling by some white guys gets the Rico laws thrown at them.
Call me a racist for stating facts.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038887
08/17/22 01:11 PM
08/17/22 01:11 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
I think it’s an Italian thing, if you were white Greek or Jewish and you have some gambling spots
The feds aren’t coming for you.

They would not even pick up the investigation.
It’s just not worth their time and effort.

As I stated in the past the Greeks don’t Gamble? Jews don’t Gamble?
Chinese,
Russians? They have spots all over Brighton beach and Coney Island.

When is the last time you seen any of these other nationalities get pinched for something like this?
You do NOT for the most part.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: BensonHURST] #1038889
08/17/22 01:58 PM
08/17/22 01:58 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I think it’s an Italian thing, if you were white Greek or Jewish and you have some gambling spots
The feds aren’t coming for you.

They would not even pick up the investigation.
It’s just not worth their time and effort.

As I stated in the past the Greeks don’t Gamble? Jews don’t Gamble?
Chinese,
Russians? They have spots all over Brighton beach and Coney Island.

When is the last time you seen any of these other nationalities get pinched for something like this?
You do NOT for the most part.

Bingo!

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038891
08/17/22 02:50 PM
08/17/22 02:50 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
I was at a social club recently and we gambled. Oh boy such a bad thing to do, the FBI is a joke.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038904
08/17/22 06:35 PM
08/17/22 06:35 PM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
Ok, so it's Italian discrimination. Got it. Has nothing to do with those particular Italians being members of the Italian mafia.

Couple of you guys could made a lot of money being screen writers for the Sopranos.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038923
08/17/22 09:30 PM
08/17/22 09:30 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
Dude shut up, it's pretty obvious that at least in certain cities only the Italians are targeted. I'm as fucking white as Garth Brooks and cornbread, and even I can see that. On another note though, what's up with all these pente ante busts, I'm still waiting for some shit like Michael Franzese’s gasoline scam or Richard Martino's internet porn scam, something really big to brag about.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: Lenox] #1038924
08/17/22 09:38 PM
08/17/22 09:38 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Lenox
They didn’t arrest these guys because they were Italian, they arrested them because they are white.
Had they been black, they would had made every excuse in the book. Violent crimes committed by blacks are tolerable, some gambling by some white guys gets the Rico laws thrown at them.
Call me a racist for stating facts.

I'll call you a name, you're a fact stater. You spoke the truth, crime is up in Long Island and Queens, places like Elmont have social clubs that are Latin or Caribbean all over, and street crime that drives out businesses. So LE goes after card games in the back of clubs.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: alicecooper] #1038925
08/17/22 09:40 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Ok, so it's Italian discrimination. Got it. Has nothing to do with those particular Italians being members of the Italian mafia.

Couple of you guys could made a lot of money being screen writers for the Sopranos.

The Sopranos was a pro LE show, and the writers would love this raid. Most of those arrested were associates, and I don't care if a few were members. If this is what they do, it is of no harm to anyone, especially compared to all the murders and human trafficking taking place in areas like the ones raided.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038926
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Isn't gambling legal in a private social club?

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: BensonHURST] #1038933
08/18/22 12:08 AM
08/18/22 12:08 AM
The US of Frickin A!!!
Tru_Bizelli Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Tru_Bizelli  Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Made Member
The US of Frickin A!!!

You've got a good point. Who was really hurt? Big Brother not getting their taxes?

~ Woke Up This Morning And Bought Myself A Gun ~
~ Curtis "Ray Biselliano" Bizelli ~
Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: Tru_Bizelli] #1038934
08/18/22 05:07 AM
08/18/22 05:07 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Tru_Bizelli

You've got a good point. Who was really hurt? Big Brother not getting their taxes?

Good point

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: jace] #1038941
08/18/22 12:19 PM
08/18/22 12:19 PM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace

The Sopranos was a pro LE show, and the writers would love this raid. Most of those arrested were associates, and I don't care if a few were members. If this is what they do, it is of no harm to anyone, especially compared to all the murders and human trafficking taking place in areas like the ones raided.

I'm not talking about the raid I'm talking the groupies on here crying for mafia RATS as if they're victims of some giant conspiracy not against the Mafia, but against Italians.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: RushStreet] #1038942
08/18/22 12:20 PM
08/18/22 12:20 PM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted by RushStreet
I was at a social club recently and we gambled. Oh boy such a bad thing to do, the FBI is a joke.

Lucky you weren't at the wrong one, you could've taken a pinch courtesy of the mob and it's cop.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: alicecooper] #1038943
08/18/22 01:01 PM
08/18/22 01:01 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by RushStreet

Lucky you weren't at the wrong one, you could've taken a pinch courtesy of the mob and it's cop.

Or he could have wound up in that perp walk yesterday, and gotten listed as an associate.

Re: Breaking News - 9 mob members indicted on LI [Re: NYMafia] #1038945
08/18/22 01:31 PM
08/18/22 01:31 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I'm not Italian, but is I was I'd be angry over a few things. This link is an example, look at the site's headline ( A derogatory term for Italians) and check out a few of the comments:
( By the way, the site below is a site for fisherman)

https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/853209-they-busted-some-greaseball-joggers/

Last edited by jace; 08/18/22 01:33 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull