GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 87 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,816
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GALANTE DEATH PHOTO #1034727
05/18/22 10:37 PM
05/18/22 10:37 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK
Personally, I've always thought that the Galante cigar in mouth photo was staged . Probably by the cops. I've read that Coffey cop was the guy who put the cigar there.

That's probably the most iconic image of lcn.
Who thinks it's true/ false?

Staged or Real?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 05/18/22 10:30 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: dsd] #1034730
05/19/22 07:49 AM
05/19/22 07:49 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Agree with you totally.

Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: dsd] #1034736
05/19/22 11:26 AM
05/19/22 11:26 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
There was a story that Joe Coffey put the cigar there for the photo. Considering Coffey's love of publicity, he may have been the one to start that rumor.

Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: dsd] #1034738
05/19/22 11:48 AM
05/19/22 11:48 AM
T
thekidfromthesouth Offline
Suspended
thekidfromthesouth  Offline
Suspended
T
Made Member
100 percent staged. what are the chances of man getting shot like that.dont if Joe Coffey himself put the cigar he was a lil of a ego maniac,,woulnt surprise me if he did ,,,Coffey great detective,,,became a DIVA in nypd

Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: thekidfromthesouth] #1035105
05/27/22 01:27 PM
05/27/22 01:27 PM
I
Iceveins Offline
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline
I
Made Member
He died with the cigar in his mouth. You can see he's actually biting down on it and it's in his teeth pretty firmly. He also had a zippo lighter in his hand, he may have been trying to light it when he was shot. Remember, his bodyguards also blasted him because the police found casings from 5 different weapons when only 3 gunmen entered. Bonventre probably ambushed him at close range as soon as he saw the other guys enter.

Joseph Coffey has repeatedly stated they he let people think he placed it there but that he actually didn't, in fact you can find him speaking about that at the end of this video about Galante (made by me actually): https://youtu.be/1PVPPZ8RIwE

Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: Iceveins] #1035106
05/27/22 01:29 PM
05/27/22 01:29 PM
I
Iceveins Offline
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline
I
Made Member
Originally Posted by thekidfromthesouth
100 percent staged. what are the chances of man getting shot like that.dont if Joe Coffey himself put the cigar he was a lil of a ego maniac,,woulnt surprise me if he did ,,,Coffey great detective,,,became a DIVA in nypd

Nope. Coffey denies it. I think one of his bodyguards was the first to blind side him while he was lighting the cigar, hence why he didn't have a chance to react, it was most likely Bonventre who was a stone cold killer in his own right.

Last edited by Iceveins; 05/27/22 01:30 PM.
Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: dsd] #1035142
05/27/22 11:12 PM
05/27/22 11:12 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Coffey was a known liar, I would not go by his version of things.

Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: jace] #1035195
05/29/22 04:33 PM
05/29/22 04:33 PM
I
Iceveins Offline
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline
I
Made Member
Originally Posted by jace
Can you givean example of him lying? He's always seemed pretty straight up and matter of fact to me.

I also don't know why he would lie about NOT putting the cigar in his mouth? If anything he would want to accept that to get credit for it. It's very plausible for Galante to have died with it in his mouth, I'm convinced the masked gunmen were more of a ploy to take attention away from the bodyguards. I think the bodyguards had a cue to take Galante out as soon as the gunmen entered, Bonventre probably blasted him while he was lighting the cigar because the lighter was still in his hand.

Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: Iceveins] #1035204
05/29/22 11:15 PM
05/29/22 11:15 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Iceveins
Can you givean example of him lying? He's always seemed pretty straight up and matter of fact to me.

I also don't know why he would lie about NOT putting the cigar in his mouth? If anything he would want to accept that to get credit for it. It's very plausible for Galante to have died with it in his mouth, I'm convinced the masked gunmen were more of a ploy to take attention away from the bodyguards. I think the bodyguards had a cue to take Galante out as soon as the gunmen entered, Bonventre probably blasted him while he was lighting the cigar because the lighter was still in his hand.

He took credit for solving crimes he did not solve, such as the Son of Sam case. Other cops or detectives would do the work and make arrests in high profile cases, but he would step in to do the perp walk and handle interviews, always taking credit he did not deserve. He was close friends with reporters and would leak stories to them, and they would write favorably of him. Look him up, research him a bit.

Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: jace] #1035207
05/30/22 02:41 AM
05/30/22 02:41 AM
I
Iceveins Offline
Made Member
Iceveins  Offline
I
Made Member

He took credit for solving crimes he did not solve, such as the Son of Sam case. Other cops or detectives would do the work and make arrests in high profile cases, but he would step in to do the perp walk and handle interviews, always taking credit he did not deserve. He was close friends with reporters and would leak stories to them, and they would write favorably of him. Look him up, research him a bit.

Well I already knew he was a media diva, that's painfully obvious. As for taking credit for cases, he was a high level investigator since the 70s, it's always the higher ups who feed off of the work of lower level people, and that's at every job. I mean you can't mention a single detective by name who solved any big case in history can you? All you know is that a person was arrested, you see the perp walk then see the appointed spokesperson speak about it.

Re: GALANTE DEATH PHOTO [Re: Iceveins] #1035239
05/31/22 02:01 PM
05/31/22 02:01 PM
T
thekidfromthesouth Offline
Suspended
thekidfromthesouth  Offline
Suspended
T
Made Member

Well I already knew he was a media diva, that's painfully obvious. As for taking credit for cases, he was a high level investigator since the 70s, it's always the higher ups who feed off of the work of lower level people, and that's at every job. I mean you can't mention a single detective by name who solved any big case in history can you? All you know is that a person was arrested, you see the perp walk then see the appointed spokesperson speak about it.

not only that he gave on an interview on bill bonnano interview saying that there was never no attempt on to wack bill life or his son,he was wrong there was a shoout in Brooklyn where his men where outgunn and ultimately were force to leave NY,,,,Coffey good detective later on he just became too phony self rigious republican

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull