GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (U talkin' da me ??, Ciment, 1 invisible), 341 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,065
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,366
Posts1,059,446
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco #1034647
05/17/22 02:55 PM
05/17/22 02:55 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
San Francisco's former Mayor, Joseph "Joe" Alioto famously sued and won a libel suit against Look Magazine for publishing a 1969 story about his many ties to known mobsters, especially to acting boss of Los Angeles, and top hitman of California, Jimmy “The Weasle” Fratianno. Later, Fratianno published a book which revealed more about his close relationship with Alioto. The Weasle was not sued for libel.

Joe Alioto was elected mayor in 1968 and served until 1976. His uncle Giovanni "John" Alioto, the former Milwaukee Mafia boss, attended the swearing in ceremony. One of John's brothers, Mariano “Mario” Alioto was an early San Francisco gangster, gunned down by Black Hand rivals in North Beach not long after his father-in-law Gaetano Ingrassia, another gangster, was killed on the same spot a year prior. Another brother, Joe Alioto's father Guiseppe Alioto, served as underboss to Frank Lanza while Joe grew up to be a mob lawyer, representing Frank Lanza’s son, James “Jimmy the Hat” Lanza after he took over control of mafia operations in 1961.

Mayor Joseph Alioto was married to Angelina Genaro, the daughter of Lorenzo Genaro, a soldier in the Dallas Crime Family who was killed in 1932. Her uncle John Genaro was also a soldier with much influence, but not as much influence as her grandfather, Michael Angelo Genaro who was Caporegime under Carlo Piranio, the first boss of the Dallas Crime Family. Angelina’s grandmother, Angelina Ardizzone Caito was a cousin of the first crime boss of the Los Angeles Crime Family, Joseph “Iron Man” Ardizzone, who was the brother-in-law of Joe Cerrito, notorious crime boss of San Jose.

Former mob boss John Alioto hosted a dinner at Alioto’s restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf in honor of his nephew, Mayor Joe on Thursday, March 30, 1972. The mayor spoke to approximately 80 of his cousins. Introducing him was his cousin, attorney Joseph Balistrieri, son of mob boss Frank "Mad Bomber" Balistrieri. Eight months later, a testimonial dinner was held for San Francisco Mayor Joe Alioto on November 11, 1972 at the Marc Plaza Hotel in Milwaukee. It was organized by the Italian-American Men’s Club of Milwaukee. Four hundred people attended the event, including Frank Balistrieri and underboss Steve DiSalvo.

I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.
- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034654
05/17/22 06:46 PM
05/17/22 06:46 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
The Look Magazine trials:

"The first trial ended in a hung jury. At the second trial the jury returned a special verdict finding the article false in one or more particulars and defamatory, but reached no agreement on the issue of actual malice. The trial judge granted defendant's motion for judgment n.o.v., but the Court of Appeals reversed and remanded "for a new trial on the sole issue of actual malice." The third trial which followed again ended in a hung jury. The action came on for a fourth trial before this Court commencing March 21, 1977, both parties having waived the jury.

The Court, after considering all of the evidence and the arguments of counsel, finds and concludes, for the reasons hereafter discussed, that plaintiff has sustained the burden of proving by clear and convincing evidence that defendant published the defamatory statements contained in the article with actual malice, that is, with reckless disregard for whether they were true or not, and is entitled to judgment in the sum of $350,000.00, plus costs."

https://casetext.com/case/alioto-v-cowles-communications-inc-3

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034655
05/17/22 06:50 PM
05/17/22 06:50 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Yes, the Alioto's was extremely hooked-up at one time in their early history.

Compliments jtsterling. This is a very interesting story and topic you've brought up.

Bravo!

Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034657
05/17/22 07:23 PM
05/17/22 07:23 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
The Aliotos were cousins of Vito Guardalabene, the first recognized boss of the Milwaukee Mob.

https://milwaukeemafia.com/wiki/vito-guardalabene/

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034662
05/17/22 08:12 PM
05/17/22 08:12 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by jtsterling
The Aliotos were cousins of Vito Guardalabene, the first recognized boss of the Milwaukee Mob.

https://milwaukeemafia.com/wiki/vito-guardalabene/

very interesting. I have yet to research and write about the Milwaukee family. It's the only family across America that I haven't delved into yet.

By all means please post up any and all research and data you may have about them. I'd love to read it.

Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: NYMafia] #1034664
05/17/22 08:34 PM
05/17/22 08:34 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Originally Posted by NYMafia

By all means please post up any and all research and data you may have about them. I'd love to read it.

There's a wealth of information available on Milwaukee, I'm knee-deep in it.

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034918
05/22/22 10:33 PM
05/22/22 10:33 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Sad. There are some others here who know a lot about S.F. but not commenting. Don't worry, the family is DEFUNCT!

lol

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034920
05/23/22 03:25 AM
05/23/22 03:25 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Sad. There are some others here who know a lot about S.F. but not commenting. Don't worry, the family is DEFUNCT!

lol

Thats an old story here. Most members don't contribute. It's always the same old members who continually and reliably post new threads. Without those few contributors this particular section would be barren of stories and info. I really don't know why that is, but it's a fact.

Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034922
05/23/22 03:55 AM
05/23/22 03:55 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Joe Alioto had many connections, he is always credited with helping Jimmy Lanza, but he also helped other members in the Bay Area and from other crime families. He helped out the LaRoccas in the Bay Area, Salvatore Marino with the cheese factory, helped John Profaci Sr son of Joe Profaci who actually was legit but did use his dad's contracts to help his business, sidestep a legal problem. Overall Joe Alioto helped the San Francisco and Milwaukee families the most.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034928
05/23/22 09:15 AM
05/23/22 09:15 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
In addition to the LaRocca family, Alioto was very friendly with a friend from my hometown.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034935
05/23/22 01:30 PM
05/23/22 01:30 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Dating to the earliest days of the Milwaukee family, Giovanni (John) Alioto, born in the late 1800s, had been a boss over that borgata. If I'm not mistaken Mayor Joe Alioto was a direct descendant of that family line. It may have been Joe's great uncle if memory serves me. Future Milwaukee boss Frank Balistrieri had married John Alioto's daughter, fast tracking his ascension into the family hierarchy.

Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1034991
05/25/22 12:35 AM
05/25/22 12:35 AM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Joe Alioto had many connections, he is always credited with helping Jimmy Lanza, but he also helped other members in the Bay Area and from other crime families. He helped out the LaRoccas in the Bay Area, Salvatore Marino with the cheese factory, helped John Profaci Sr son of Joe Profaci who actually was legit but did use his dad's contracts to help his business, sidestep a legal problem. Overall Joe Alioto helped the San Francisco and Milwaukee families the most.

Al LaRocca owned a couple fish companies, do you know if one of them was the Starfish Company?

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1034997
05/25/22 05:23 AM
05/25/22 05:23 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
His brother Pat and cousin Leo were silent partners in Starfish Company. Alphonse and Pasquale LaRocca owned LaRocca & Sons.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1035002
05/25/22 08:37 AM
05/25/22 08:37 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Alphonse J. (Al) LaRocca, aka Alphonse Charles LaRocca. He was born in 1912 in the City of San Francisco. He was a lifelong resident of that city who lived for many years with his wife Vera and son Leo at 260 Cayuga Avenue.

He stood over 6'-1" tall and weighed a solid 225 pounds. LaRocca had dark brown eyes, thick jet-black hair, and a dark olive complexion.

Together with his father Accursio (Leo), and his brother Pasquale (Pat), the family owned and operated LaRocca & Sons Wholesale-Retail Fish & Seafood Inc., a company originally based at 2350 Taylor Street in San Francisco that supplied area restaurants and the public with fresh seafood. He also reportedly held an interest in several commercial fishing vessels that supplied their business. In later years the LaRocca's involved themselves with several other fish companies as well.

Al LaRocca had a very limited police record with only one arrest dating back to 1939 for criminal investigation. Although both the SFPD and the FBN long suspected that he operated as an important narcotics smuggler who utilized fishing boats to bring narcotics into the Bay Area.

Federal investigators reported LaRocca as being closely associated with San Francisco Family boss Jimmy (The Hat) Lanza, and several top members of that family.

To this very day LaRocca's descendants operate related LaRocca family seafood companies that are among the better known brands in the Bay Area with consumers.

Last edited by NYMafia; 05/25/22 09:51 AM.
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1035046
05/25/22 11:13 PM
05/25/22 11:13 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
His brother Pat and cousin Leo were silent partners in Starfish Company. Alphonse and Pasquale LaRocca owned LaRocca & Sons.

Thanks Giacomo. I thought there was a connection!

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1035048
05/26/22 12:45 AM
05/26/22 12:45 AM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
All of those San Francisco mobsters had very limited police records, especially if they didn't get out of the city of San Francisco often. SFPD was not interested in locking them up for some reason.

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1035050
05/26/22 04:08 AM
05/26/22 04:08 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

All of those San Francisco mobsters had very limited police records, especially if they didn't get out of the city of San Francisco often. SFPD was not interested in locking them up for some reason.

And by the same token SF never had the pervasive variety of illegal rackets available to run like guys did in other cities. Originally bootlegging, some gambling and some drug distribution, etc. That was mostly it. So because of less racket activity there were less arrests on their records. A second reason I think is also because many of them were already older (very similar to what happened in San Jose) and by the late 1940s into the 1950s and later many were no longer interested in 'street rackets' per se. They were either semi-retired or operated small legal businesses they had started.

So with few exceptions you just didn't have the same type mentality or member as guys in other states.

Last edited by NYMafia; 05/26/22 04:10 AM.
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1035103
05/27/22 11:40 AM
05/27/22 11:40 AM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
I think there were less arrests because they compromised the SFPD. The FBI complained for decades about the SFPD frustrating their investigations of Lanza and his crew. Even in the 1990s the FBI went on record saying as much during the big cocaine busts that went down at that time, when they busted Balistrieri and sons and Sergio Maranghi. They weren't able to get to the main target, G. Toracca, because elements of the SFPD protected him.

The history of the San Francisco Police Department is intertwined with the history of organized crime in S.F. from the very beginning. The Atherton Report of 1937 sheds some light on it.

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1046568
12/24/22 03:06 AM
12/24/22 03:06 AM
Bay Area, CA
matteogalante38 Offline
Associate
matteogalante38  Offline
Associate
Bay Area, CA
Joe Alioto was elected mayor in 1968 and served until 1976. His uncle Giovanni "John" Alioto, the former Milwaukee Mafia boss, attended the swearing in ceremony. One of John's brothers, Mariano “Mario” Alioto was an early San Francisco gangster, gunned down by Black Hand rivals in North Beach not long after his father-in-law Gaetano Ingrassia, another gangster, was killed on the same spot a year prior. Another brother, Joe Alioto's father Guiseppe Alioto, served as underboss to Frank Lanza while Joe grew up to be a mob lawyer, representing Frank Lanza’s son, James “Jimmy the Hat” Lanza after he took over control of mafia operations in 1961..

Where did you hear that Giuseppe Alioto served as underboss to Frank Lanza? I had not heard that claim before, and it’s a pretty big one. And about Ingrassia being a gangster? I haven’t even been able to verify that Alioto was made… According to Tony Lima and Nicola Gentile, the first recognized underboss was Joseph Piazza, around 1919. Also, Giuseppe Alioto and Giovanni Alioto were not brothers but cousins. Giuseppe had six brothers, all in SF, one of which was Mariano.

Here’s a little blurb I put together on Piazza based on the info provided by Lima and Gentile: Joseph Piazza was the first recognized underboss of the San Francisco family. A mysterious character, Piazza was referred to as the number two man under Francesco “Don Cicciu” Lanza as early as 1919. He was active with his own group of black handers who opposed Lanza’s leadership. Piazza plotted to extort Giuseppe Alioto, a pioneer in the fishing industry and Lanza’s partner in the Exposition Fish Grotto, one of the first restaurants on Fisherman’s Wharf. When consigliere Salvatore “Sam” Lima disagreed with the extortion plot, Piazza attempted to kill him. In response to his behavior, Joseph Piazza was murdered in the early 1930s in Lodi, CA. Sam Lima’s nephew, Antonio “Tony” Lima, took credit for the hit.

Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1046654
12/26/22 03:47 AM
12/26/22 03:47 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
GREAT info
Thanks, for posting…

Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: matteogalante38] #1046985
12/30/22 10:13 PM
12/30/22 10:13 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Originally Posted by matteogalante38
Joe Alioto was elected mayor in 1968 and served until 1976. His uncle Giovanni "John" Alioto, the former Milwaukee Mafia boss, attended the swearing in ceremony. One of John's brothers, Mariano “Mario” Alioto was an early San Francisco gangster, gunned down by Black Hand rivals in North Beach not long after his father-in-law Gaetano Ingrassia, another gangster, was killed on the same spot a year prior. Another brother, Joe Alioto's father Guiseppe Alioto, served as underboss to Frank Lanza while Joe grew up to be a mob lawyer, representing Frank Lanza’s son, James “Jimmy the Hat” Lanza after he took over control of mafia operations in 1961..

Where did you hear that Giuseppe Alioto served as underboss to Frank Lanza? I had not heard that claim before, and it’s a pretty big one. And about Ingrassia being a gangster? I haven’t even been able to verify that Alioto was made… According to Tony Lima and Nicola Gentile, the first recognized underboss was Joseph Piazza, around 1919. Also, Giuseppe Alioto and Giovanni Alioto were not brothers but cousins. Giuseppe had six brothers, all in SF, one of which was Mariano.

Here’s a little blurb I put together on Piazza based on the info provided by Lima and Gentile: Joseph Piazza was the first recognized underboss of the San Francisco family. A mysterious character, Piazza was referred to as the number two man under Francesco “Don Cicciu” Lanza as early as 1919. He was active with his own group of black handers who opposed Lanza’s leadership. Piazza plotted to extort Giuseppe Alioto, a pioneer in the fishing industry and Lanza’s partner in the Exposition Fish Grotto, one of the first restaurants on Fisherman’s Wharf. When consigliere Salvatore “Sam” Lima disagreed with the extortion plot, Piazza attempted to kill him. In response to his behavior, Joseph Piazza was murdered in the early 1930s in Lodi, CA. Sam Lima’s nephew, Antonio “Tony” Lima, took credit for the hit.

Thanks, you are correct about Giuseppe and Giovanni being cousins, not brothers. I'm slowly getting the facts straightened out. And also, thanks for the info you shared.

Giuseppe Alioto has shown up as an underboss on a couple charts I've seen. The bottom chart on this page shows it (as well as Ingrassia): http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.com/search/label/San%20Francisco I am still looking for solid evidence of this (as solid as it can be, I mean, no one was supposed to know any of this info and a lot of effort went into keeping it all secret).

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1047247
01/04/23 12:38 PM
01/04/23 12:38 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Frank Lanza immigrated to New York City and was with Nick Schiro. Early 1920s he lived in Southern Colorado and then moved to San Francisco. By 1926 he was the head of a local gang in San Francisco, before that he had influence in the bay area. A few that were with him were Gaetano Lazio, Frank LaRusso, Emilio Giorgetti, and Dominic Pagano to name a few.
Gaetano Ingrassia was the second in command when he was killed in 1916. 1920-1925, the top guys were Vincenzo LaRocca, Salvatore Lima Sr, Filippo Maita, Luciano Sabella, Nunzio Mannina, Antonio Sciortino, Joseph Lintini, Jerry Feri, Al Scariso, Girolamo Piazza, and Luigi Malvese.
By 1928 to 1930 Filippo Maita, Vincenzo LaRocca, Antonio Sciortino, Salvatore Lima Sr, and Joseph Lintno would join Frank Lanza. Lanza would also have the backing of Giuseppe Vicari of Santa Clara, Onofrio Sciortino of San Jose, Nick Schiro and Gaetano Riina of New York City, Rosario DeSimone, Jack Dragna, and Giuseppe Aleccia of Los Angeles, Peter Carlino, John Pricco and the Collettis of Colorado, as well as Milwaukee, notably John Alioto, Joe Vallone and Carmelo Zarcone.

Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1047345
01/05/23 01:00 PM
01/05/23 01:00 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Frank Lanza immigrated to New York City and was with Nick Schiro. Early 1920s he lived in Southern Colorado and then moved to San Francisco. By 1926 he was the head of a local gang in San Francisco, before that he had influence in the bay area. A few that were with him were Gaetano Lazio, Frank LaRusso, Emilio Giorgetti, and Dominic Pagano to name a few.
Gaetano Ingrassia was the second in command when he was killed in 1916. 1920-1925, the top guys were Vincenzo LaRocca, Salvatore Lima Sr, Filippo Maita, Luciano Sabella, Nunzio Mannina, Antonio Sciortino, Joseph Lintini, Jerry Feri, Al Scariso, Girolamo Piazza, and Luigi Malvese.
By 1928 to 1930 Filippo Maita, Vincenzo LaRocca, Antonio Sciortino, Salvatore Lima Sr, and Joseph Lintno would join Frank Lanza. Lanza would also have the backing of Giuseppe Vicari of Santa Clara, Onofrio Sciortino of San Jose, Nick Schiro and Gaetano Riina of New York City, Rosario DeSimone, Jack Dragna, and Giuseppe Aleccia of Los Angeles, Peter Carlino, John Pricco and the Collettis of Colorado, as well as Milwaukee, notably John Alioto, Joe Vallone and Carmelo Zarcone.

Thanks again, Giacomo. Always appreciate your input.

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1047433
01/06/23 01:29 AM
01/06/23 01:29 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
On the SFPD, a few things to mention, all three factions had cops on the payroll in 1920s. By 1928 to 1930, Frank Lanza and Jerry Feri had caused so much trouble that many officers did not go by the guidelines and were extremely rough with outside mobsters, notably the Italians, Jewish, and Irish. Dominic Lonardo is one of the route causes of this, along with a Jewish mobster from Massachusetts, and Irish mobster who was making trouble in the dogpatch. The cops had enough. Also guys that had worked with Frank McManus and Jack Welch, ended up joining the police force. When Frank Lanza side won, an old member of Luigi Malvese crew gave up the pad and paper to Lanza side, and they had a couple of detectives on the pad, plus a captain. It wouldn't be until around 1950 that a marriage took place to where SFPD would look the other way for the crime family. Not to mention that associates kids and relatives would also join the SFPD and would help shield the family as much as they could.

Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1047447
01/06/23 12:53 PM
01/06/23 12:53 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
San Francisco history is fascinating, especially the early days. So many characters!

- John Gotti
Re: Joe Alioto, former Mayor of San Francisco [Re: jtsterling] #1047448
01/06/23 01:00 PM
01/06/23 01:00 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Lots of corruption in the SFPD through the years. It seems that vice cop, Lester Garnier, who was found shot execution-style in his blue Corvette in 1988, was done in by crooked vice cops.

- John Gotti

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull