GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 219 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,970
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,350
Posts1,059,059
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Question about the Paul Castellano murder? #1032863
04/15/22 05:47 AM
04/15/22 05:47 AM
J
JackieAprile Offline OP
Capo
JackieAprile  Offline OP
J
Capo
Which crews/Capos besides Nino Gaggi, Tommy Gambino, and Tommy Bilotti weren’t aware of Paul’s murder before it happened?

Meaning which were kept out of the loop by Gotti/Gravano/DeCicco/Gallo/Armone?

And were there any besides Tommy Gambino and Tommy B who in 1985 would’ve been considered “Paul people”? Meaning people who would’ve gotten word to the Boss had they heard what Gotti was planning?

We know who Gotti’s guys were in the hit and in general. Who were Castellano’s?

And why was there no reprisal by Nino Gaggi, Paul’s sons, or any of the Cherry Hill Gambinos? Even if the latter didn’t care for Paul, that was their cousin. Similarly Paul’s sons were involved to degrees. Tommy Gambino had a crew. Nino still had a crew after Roy.

Why no interfamily reprisal?

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: JackieAprile] #1032868
04/15/22 08:18 AM
04/15/22 08:18 AM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
James Failla wasn't in on it and later conspired with the Genovese and Lucchese families to kill Gotti. He tipped them off to the meeting where they blew up DeCicco with the car bomb

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: JackieAprile] #1032869
04/15/22 08:31 AM
04/15/22 08:31 AM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@Jackie Aprile

I don’t understand why the Cherry Hill Gambino’s didn’t avenge their cousin”s death or Atleast “try”… It’s a question I brought up a few weeks ago…

With Nino Gaggi; He could have sought revenge but he was only on the streets while Gotti was boss for 3 months or so…. He was also in deep legal trouble; There wasn’t much he could do…

He did however refuse to meet John Gotti when he (Gaggi) was called to meetings….Gaggi flat out refused to meet Gotti…

Surprised Gotti didn’t do anything about it..

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: Zavattoni] #1032872
04/15/22 09:48 AM
04/15/22 09:48 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@Jackie Aprile

I don’t understand why the Cherry Hill Gambino’s didn’t avenge their cousin”s death or Atleast “try”… It’s a question I brought up a few weeks ago…

With Nino Gaggi; He could have sought revenge but he was only on the streets while Gotti was boss for 3 months or so…. He was also in deep legal trouble; There wasn’t much he could do…

He did however refuse to meet John Gotti when he (Gaggi) was called to meetings….Gaggi flat out refused to meet Gotti…

Surprised Gotti didn’t do anything about it..

. There were certain guys Gotti would steer clear of. Obviously we know Demeo was one of them as well as Casso. Gaggi was a pretty serious customer. On top of being a powerful capo he was also still going on hits even after he be some a captain

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: JackieAprile] #1032874
04/15/22 11:04 AM
04/15/22 11:04 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
IMHO, Joseph "Piney" Armone was 2 sides of a very interesting coin.
On the one hand,he was an old school, live and breathe,Cosa Nostra kind of guy,yet on the other hand,he went along with the hit on a sitting Boss.

From what I've read,he had ambitions beyond being a mere Capo.
He also didn't respect Castellano as a "real" gangster.

He was a great asset to Gotti in the sense that he could help smooth things over with the other old school,(and new school as well) Family members after the hit.
Piney was a well respected man,and lent some legitimacy to the new regime.
Armone wasn't going anywhere under Paul,and saw Gotti as a path to move up,as he eventually did.

Gotti needed Joe,and Joe needed Gotti.

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: JackieAprile] #1032978
04/17/22 03:32 AM
04/17/22 03:32 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
The family was in two separate factions at the time.

The Blue Collar felt that Paul should have never been boss
That Neil should have been BOSS.

They were right.

Neil was better boss material than Paul.

Paul would have been a perfect # 2 underboss.

He would have rounded the family out instead of splitting it apart.

The truth is that even the guys that were opposed to it the begining
I think started making more money

Thats all they needed.

Never heard anyone say that GOTTI was GREEDY or taking too much.

NOT ONCE

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: BensonHURST] #1032981
04/17/22 04:03 AM
04/17/22 04:03 AM
J
JackieAprile Offline OP
Capo
JackieAprile  Offline OP
J
Capo
Originally Posted by BensonHURST

They were right.

Thats all they needed.

NOT ONCE

Neil was constantly in and out of prison for most of the 70s. When Carlo died, he was in prison awaiting release for fucking tax evasion, of all things. He would not have lasted all that long as Boss. Not only that, but Neil didn’t have a head for white collar crime, which time has proven is the direction the Mafia should’ve went in (and has gone in).

The most respected guy in the Family in 1976 was actually Joe N. Gallo. Just before Carlo’s death, there was talk of replacing Carlo with Joe. That however was thrown out the window and it was decided that Carlo would die as Boss

After Carlo died, Paul and Joe N. Gallo ran the Family while they awaited Neil’s release from prison. There was a question of his legal issues and his own health however.

The Family’s Capos had a six hour meeting in November 1976 where an election between Paul and Joe N. Gallo was held. Paul won by acclimation from the Capos.

At a meeting on December 11th 1976, Paul’s reign as Boss was made official, and it was also made official that he was keeping Neil as Underboss and Gallo as Consigliere

All the above was furnished to the FBI by a high level informer.

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: JackieAprile] #1032990
04/17/22 06:59 AM
04/17/22 06:59 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by JackieAprile

They were right.

Thats all they needed.

NOT ONCE

Neil was constantly in and out of prison for most of the 70s. When Carlo died, he was in prison awaiting release for fucking tax evasion, of all things. He would not have lasted all that long as Boss. Not only that, but Neil didn’t have a head for white collar crime, which time has proven is the direction the Mafia should’ve went in (and has gone in).

The most respected guy in the Family in 1976 was actually Joe N. Gallo. Just before Carlo’s death, there was talk of replacing Carlo with Joe. That however was thrown out the window and it was decided that Carlo would die as Boss

After Carlo died, Paul and Joe N. Gallo ran the Family while they awaited Neil’s release from prison. There was a question of his legal issues and his own health however.

The Family’s Capos had a six hour meeting in November 1976 where an election between Paul and Joe N. Gallo was held. Paul won by acclimation from the Capos.

At a meeting on December 11th 1976, Paul’s reign as Boss was made official, and it was also made official that he was keeping Neil as Underboss and Gallo as Consigliere

. Exactly. Neil was well respected but he wouldn’t have been a better boss. Like you said he was constantly under indictment, in and out of jail, didn’t know much about white collar crimes, etc.

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: JCrusher] #1033010
04/17/22 03:57 PM
04/17/22 03:57 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher

They were right.

Thats all they needed.

NOT ONCE

. Exactly. Neil was well respected but he wouldn’t have been a better boss. Like you said he was constantly under indictment, in and out of jail, didn’t know much about white collar crimes, etc.

Maybe not a better boss but a better choice of boss.
What I mean by that is that if he was chosen maybe the family wouldn’t have been split into factions the way it was.

Meaning maybe the whole collar faction would have agreed with the choice.

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: BensonHURST] #1033013
04/17/22 04:08 PM
04/17/22 04:08 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher

They were right.

Thats all they needed.

NOT ONCE

Maybe not a better boss but a better choice of boss.
What I mean by that is that if he was chosen maybe the family wouldn’t have been split into factions the way it was.

Meaning maybe the whole collar faction would have agreed with the choice.

. I doubt it. Plus look at it this way if Neil became boss then Gotti would have been o e step closer yo becoming boss earlier and we saw how well that worked out for the Gambinos. Honestly I think Carlo made the smart choice and for a while it worked but Paul made his share of mistakes in the end. Also you have to take into account how the 1983 Bergin crew drug indictment ultimately led to what happened with Paul

Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: JackieAprile] #1033019
04/17/22 06:44 PM
04/17/22 06:44 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
I don’t care what anyone says;

Paul or Jimmy “Brown” Failla were the two best candidates…

Neil wouldn’t have been a good boss…

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Question about the Paul Castellano murder? [Re: Zavattoni] #1033021
04/17/22 08:18 PM
04/17/22 08:18 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
I don’t care what anyone says;

Paul or Jimmy “Brown” Failla were the two best candidates…

Neil wouldn’t have been a good boss…

I’m not sure about Jimmy Brown but otherwise I agree. Like I said Neil was a respected street guy but they doesn’t mean he was boss material. Let’s not forget he practically helped Gotti in the organization which ultimately caused Tremendous damage to that family

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull