GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 289 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The best and worst reason to flip #1030416
02/22/22 06:17 PM
02/22/22 06:17 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
BEST

Pete Chiodo: ok to shoot me but menace to kill my wife is enought!
Phil Leonetti: my uncle was a psycho,killed Sal Testa and promised to his father to take care of him,I dont want that my son grew up in such maniera.

WORST

Gravano: John [Gotti] will blame it all on me.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030422
02/22/22 07:05 PM
02/22/22 07:05 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
Hi Furio - love your posts! For sake of discussion, I honestly think Leonetti was more self-serving in his motives than he lets on, but that's just my opinion perhaps. He certainly seems like a solid witness who has told the truth consistently about his time in the life and who hasn't turned it into a money making venture the way many former mobsters have. He's one of my favourite rats but he's still a rat! Chiodo probably is the best choice in my opinion, but for sake of discussion I'll pick someone else:

BEST

D'Arco: Like Chiodo, he hadn't done anything wrong and the family was going to kill him anyway because they were being run by two delusional, paranoid psychopaths. Why sit around waiting to be clipped? If there were three bosses who *earned* people ratting on them by their own stupid behaviour, they were Scarfo, Amuso and Casso. However, they weren't the worst bosses of all time, that dubious honour must surely belong to my next choice....

WORST

Massino: After a highly successful, lucrative, fairytale run at the top, he throws away his legacy and goes down as the biggest pussy in the history of the Mafia. Willing to take a piece of everybody's action, happy to boss his family around for 20 years, but not willing to take the fall when the law comes knocking. Wanted the big seat but couldn't take the responsibility the way a Tony Ducks or Carmine Persico could. He just wasn't of that quality.

He could have been truly one of the last legends in the American LCN but instead his entire legacy is a joke.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030454
02/23/22 09:54 AM
02/23/22 09:54 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
BEST

Pete Chiodo: ok to shoot me but menace to kill my wife is enought!
Phil Leonetti: my uncle was a psycho,killed Sal Testa and promised to his father to take care of him,I dont want that my son grew up in such maniera.

WORST

Gravano: John [Gotti] will blame it all on me.

. The whole Pete Chiodo fiasco was really dumb on Gaspipe’s part. Not only trying to kill a guy who was loyal to you but then trying to kill an innocent women who is his family member so he won’t testify. Shows how psychotic Gaspipe was

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: eastsideofvan] #1030455
02/23/22 10:22 AM
02/23/22 10:22 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
Hi Furio - love your posts! For sake of discussion, I honestly think Leonetti was more self-serving in his motives than he lets on, but that's just my opinion perhaps. He certainly seems like a solid witness who has told the truth consistently about his time in the life and who hasn't turned it into a money making venture the way many former mobsters have. He's one of my favourite rats but he's still a rat! Chiodo probably is the best choice in my opinion, but for sake of discussion I'll pick someone else:

BEST

D'Arco: Like Chiodo, he hadn't done anything wrong and the family was going to kill him anyway because they were being run by two delusional, paranoid psychopaths. Why sit around waiting to be clipped? If there were three bosses who *earned* people ratting on them by their own stupid behaviour, they were Scarfo, Amuso and Casso. However, they weren't the worst bosses of all time, that dubious honour must surely belong to my next choice....

WORST

Massino: After a highly successful, lucrative, fairytale run at the top, he throws away his legacy and goes down as the biggest pussy in the history of the Mafia. Willing to take a piece of everybody's action, happy to boss his family around for 20 years, but not willing to take the fall when the law comes knocking. Wanted the big seat but couldn't take the responsibility the way a Tony Ducks or Carmine Persico could. He just wasn't of that quality.

He could have been truly one of the last legends in the American LCN but instead his entire legacy is a joke.

-
Gotta tell ya, THAT was a great breakdown and explanation for each of their situations, and I completely agree with what you wrote. 100%....make that 1000%

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030462
02/23/22 01:10 PM
02/23/22 01:10 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy

BEST

WORST

eastsideofvan,in my opinion Leonetti is sincere. He should easly made his time and after out return as a powerful made man but decided of change life for his son and apart Mafia Prince wasnt egocentric like the other mobsters.
Pete Chiodo is another thing: he get 12 bullets but refused to cooperate until this psycho dont menaced his wife.
Now even for avoid 5 years in prison there are something that flipped.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030464
02/23/22 03:12 PM
02/23/22 03:12 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline
Capo
dsd  Offline
D
Capo
UK
Don't know why posters are defending Leonetti. His book is self serving, of course he's going to lay all the blame on his uncle. He's, to me, the worst kind of rat. The one who waits until he's guilty and then rats.

Massino is my worst rat. Boss for 20 years, I'm sure he had people put to death for ALLEGED informing and then rats himself. Even becomes a jailhouse snitch regarding VB. At least VB took it like a man and much younger.

Chiodo probably was guy with best reason.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: dsd] #1030465
02/23/22 04:15 PM
02/23/22 04:15 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by dsd
Don't know why posters are defending Leonetti. His book is self serving, of course he's going to lay all the blame on his uncle. He's, to me, the worst kind of rat. The one who waits until he's guilty and then rats.

Massino is my worst rat. Boss for 20 years, I'm sure he had people put to death for ALLEGED informing and then rats himself. Even becomes a jailhouse snitch regarding VB. At least VB took it like a man and much younger.

Chiodo probably was guy with best reason.

Leonetti was a remorseless stone killer who was riding high and loving it. He later baled out on his uncle and blamed Scarfo for Leonetti's own behavior. He was a heartless punk, plain and simple. Chiodo? I agree. He seemed loyal and was mislabeled a rat by those two maniacs. They shot him 12 times, then later shot his sister, killed his uncle. WTF did you want the guy to do? He had nowhere to go, and nothing to lose at that point.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030467
02/23/22 04:19 PM
02/23/22 04:19 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Chiodo: He had a reason to rat….

Worst rat: Massino… He’s such a hypocrite…. **** him… excuse my language…

Last edited by Zavattoni; 02/23/22 04:20 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: Zavattoni] #1030470
02/23/22 05:57 PM
02/23/22 05:57 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Chiodo: He had a reason to rat….

Worst rat: Massino… He’s such a hypocrite…. **** him… excuse my language…

Agreed. Joey Massino was a phony fat fuck who sunk all his guys! A complete blowjob!

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030471
02/23/22 06:31 PM
02/23/22 06:31 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss

Massino is the worst. I could give a pass to a rat (as an outsider) but a Mafia Boss. A Cosa Nostra Boss of the Bonannos, no less. And he wanted to change the name, thats would've been terrible. Say what you want about Jonhn Gotti and Carmine Persico as bosses but they did what they were supposed to do. Stand up.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030476
02/23/22 08:32 PM
02/23/22 08:32 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
By far Massino....

Everyone with a brain cell knows he'd never get the death penalty for his crimes, and yet Law Enforcement and Joe Pistone insists that's the reason..

He didn't become boss because he was stupid...Killers with no money spend decades on death row...He knew that

He got a great deal, he got to keep a lot of his money, and that's the reason...Simple as that

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030478
02/23/22 09:47 PM
02/23/22 09:47 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Chiodo had the best reason AFTER RATTING for doing so. HIs sister's shooting was one of the worst moves ever by the mob, maybe the worst. However he was shot, and as mobster should have excepted it as part of the life he chose. Once they shot his sister, he was justified.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: dsd] #1030525
02/24/22 08:41 PM
02/24/22 08:41 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by dsd

Chiodo probably was guy with best reason

. That’s very fair. I never totally bought Leonettis story either. Chiodo was actually loyal yet they still tried to kill him. Shows how devious that life can be

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/24/22 08:46 PM.
Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: JCrusher] #1030527
02/24/22 09:22 PM
02/24/22 09:22 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by dsd

. That’s very fair. I never totally bought Leonettis story either. Chiodo was actually loyal yet they still tried to kill him. Shows how devious that life can be

RE: JCrusher..."never totally bought".....I dont think anyone has..BUT..alot of his story & reasoning has fair validiction...who would not be disgusted by the way he was led by a leash by a psycopath ..who started killing everyone and best friends @ the slightest provocation or non thereof..he could of been next 4 sure...& Scarfo's mocking his own son when learning of his hanging thereafter...besides the book..Leonetti is not or have been heard from since...although I would'nt be suprised if now that Nicky Sr. is gone , Phil might have some REAL tell all something in the works (b it a book or a movie)...our old friend here @ GGB ..SERP (who knew or still) knows Phil..hinted @ this a ways back on this here forum..Peace , Hoodlum.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: hoodlum] #1030529
02/24/22 09:26 PM
02/24/22 09:26 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by dsd

RE: JCrusher..."never totally bought".....I dont think anyone has..BUT..alot of his story & reasoning has fair validiction...who would not be disgusted by the way he was led by a leash by a psycopath ..who started killing everyone and best friends @ the slightest provocation or non thereof..he could of been next 4 sure...& Scarfo's mocking his own son when learning of his hanging thereafter...besides the book..Leonetti is not or have been heard from since...although I would'nt be suprised if now that Nicky Sr. is gone , Phil might have some REAL tell all something in the works (b it a book or a movie)...our old friend here @ GGB ..SERP (who knew or still) knows Phil..hinted @ this a ways back on this here forum..Peace , Hoodlum

. Absolutely. I think there are truths to what he says. Scarfo was nuts so I can understand Phil having enough of him. His cousin Mark did hand himself so I dint doubt that had a big impact on him to flip as well

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030532
02/24/22 09:41 PM
02/24/22 09:41 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
Further to the Leonetti debate (I think it's an interesting one) I think his story is very credible for the most part. How he has retold the events that took place, and the events he was involved in, strike me as very genuine. And he could have done way more to self aggrandize himself in the 30 years or so he's had to do it than just write Mafia Prince. He's clearly not all that interested in his own fame in the way a Gravano or a Franzese or even a Pennisi is.

BUT....I don't buy that he went to prison and then had this great epiphany that he needed to play for team USA because he just realized his Uncle was a delusional paranoid psychopath. Leonetti had gone along with that ride the entire time - rolled the dice on trial and lost - got 45 years - then sat in his cell for a couple of days before he decided "fuck this". That's when he "got the courage" as he described it in his A&E interview to call the FBI and tell them he wanted to talk. That's the part I take umbrage with - he just can't own the fact that he couldn't handle the idea of doing the time. That was the reason he flipped, not anything else. Not his son. He had no interest in quitting the life when his son was born and growing up - not until he was sitting in that cell. It was the 45 years that did it and nothing else.

I hate it when guys pussy out and then turn around and give some BS justification. It's the second part that really gets me. I'd respect it more if they just said "yeah I pussied out."

It's just like that ridiculous William Cutolo Jr. interview where he says he was about to burst in and kill Jackie DeRoss and the guys involved in his dad's death when at the last minute the light hit a photo of his son and he realized he couldn't get sent away and abandon his son. What complete bullshit! He may well have gone there with a gun but in that moment where the light supposedly hit the photo what really happened is he realized he was about to do something which would cause the entire Colombo family to rain down fury on him until he was tortured, killed and dismembered. That's why he didn't do it. No bullshit about a photo of his son. So of course he had to co-operate... it was his only choice. cry

Oh, please! lol lol lol

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: eastsideofvan] #1030534
02/24/22 10:18 PM
02/24/22 10:18 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Further to the Leonetti debate (I think it's an interesting one) I think his story is very credible for the most part. How he has retold the events that took place, and the events he was involved in, strike me as very genuine. And he could have done way more to self aggrandize himself in the 30 years or so he's had to do it than just write Mafia Prince. He's clearly not all that interested in his own fame in the way a Gravano or a Franzese or even a Pennisi is.

BUT....I don't buy that he went to prison and then had this great epiphany that he needed to play for team USA because he just realized his Uncle was a delusional paranoid psychopath. Leonetti had gone along with that ride the entire time - rolled the dice on trial and lost - got 45 years - then sat in his cell for a couple of days before he decided "fuck this". That's when he "got the courage" as he described it in his A&E interview to call the FBI and tell them he wanted to talk. That's the part I take umbrage with - he just can't own the fact that he couldn't handle the idea of doing the time. That was the reason he flipped, not anything else. Not his son. He had no interest in quitting the life when his son was born and growing up - not until he was sitting in that cell. It was the 45 years that did it and nothing else.

I hate it when guys pussy out and then turn around and give some BS justification. It's the second part that really gets me. I'd respect it more if they just said "yeah I pussied out."

It's just like that ridiculous William Cutolo Jr. interview where he says he was about to burst in and kill Jackie DeRoss and the guys involved in his dad's death when at the last minute the light hit a photo of his son and he realized he couldn't get sent away and abandon his son. What complete bullshit! He may well have gone there with a gun but in that moment where the light supposedly hit the photo what really happened is he realized he was about to do something which would cause the entire Colombo family to rain down fury on him until he was tortured, killed and dismembered. That's why he didn't do it. No bullshit about a photo of his son. So of course he had to co-operate... it was his only choice. cry

Oh, please! lol lol lol

RE; EASTSIDEOVAN..."He had no interest in quittin' the life while his son was growing up"......that's the part I or anybody dont understand..why I said JCRUSHER was right in nobody TOTATTLY believes his story..well said my friend.

Last edited by hoodlum; 02/24/22 10:21 PM.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030549
02/25/22 02:11 AM
02/25/22 02:11 AM
T
The_Hook Offline
Banned
The_Hook  Offline
Banned
T
Button
when i was in the life i would have flipped in a moment to save my ass i just never had to and i was brutal believe me

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: The_Hook] #1030620
02/25/22 10:12 PM
02/25/22 10:12 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by The_Hook
when i was in the life i would have flipped in a moment to save my ass i just never had to and i was brutal believe me

U were never in the life , nor have ever been near anyone in the life , & if u had been in the life..u would not brag about something so sensitive as "would have flipped" so shut the fuck up & stop trolling me asswipe.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: hoodlum] #1030621
02/25/22 10:31 PM
02/25/22 10:31 PM
T
The_Hook Offline
Banned
The_Hook  Offline
Banned
T
Button
Arent you the guy aleays pretending he was connected? Old fart dont get involved

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: The_Hook] #1030627
02/25/22 10:59 PM
02/25/22 10:59 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Arent you the guy aleays pretending he was connected? Old fart dont get involved

Like I said ..earlier ..Karma's a bitch..can u read that u (cant spell) fuckin' moron.??

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030631
02/26/22 12:24 AM
02/26/22 12:24 AM
T
The_Hook Offline
Banned
The_Hook  Offline
Banned
T
Button
Im terrified i guess i better call the cops

Last edited by The_Hook; 02/26/22 12:24 AM.
Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: The_Hook] #1030632
02/26/22 12:26 AM
02/26/22 12:26 AM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
Im terrified i guess i better call the cops

Well you already called them once tonight on me. Somehow they haven't shown up yet.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: alicecooper] #1030633
02/26/22 12:27 AM
02/26/22 12:27 AM
T
The_Hook Offline
Banned
The_Hook  Offline
Banned
T
Button
Dont worry theyll be there and youll end up a felon. Fag

Last edited by The_Hook; 02/26/22 12:27 AM.
Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1030635
02/26/22 12:31 AM
02/26/22 12:31 AM
T
The_Hook Offline
Banned
The_Hook  Offline
Banned
T
Button
Rat

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1031559
03/19/22 07:06 AM
03/19/22 07:06 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Camorrista Salvatore Tamburrino became a high level turncoat after he was arrested for the murder of his wife in 2019.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1031563
03/19/22 07:41 AM
03/19/22 07:41 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Massino's disgusting. The fact that his fat treacherous ass is still alive at 79 annoys the hell out of me.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: furio_from_naples] #1031677
03/21/22 07:37 PM
03/21/22 07:37 PM
T
TonyBombassolo Offline
Banned
TonyBombassolo  Offline
Banned
T
Made Member
From the mafia standpoint:

Best: Kevin Weeks - "The guys I am testifying against have been Federal Informers for 30+ years"

From a person standpoint:

Best: Anyone who said "This shit is wrong and I need to stop doing it and its not suddenly because I have pending charges and by telling I will not be charged"

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: hoodlum] #1031678
03/21/22 07:39 PM
03/21/22 07:39 PM
T
TonyBombassolo Offline
Banned
TonyBombassolo  Offline
Banned
T
Made Member

U were never in the life , nor have ever been near anyone in the life , & if u had been in the life..u would not brag about something so sensitive as "would have flipped" so shut the fuck up & stop trolling me asswipe.

Its not often I agree with Hoodlum but this is one of those cases.

Re: The best and worst reason to flip [Re: TonyBombassolo] #1032377
04/01/22 09:39 PM
04/01/22 09:39 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by TonyBombassolo

Its not often I agree with Hoodlum but this is one of those cases.

Thanx TonyB...I know we have our differences..alas..I know u doubt my associations..but that was a long time ago....I had trouble w/ some old school dudes..but only 'cause of my pops..the only person I knew "somewhat" well was Nicky Crow..but other than that I am a NOBODY...thanx 4 ur agreement on that other "dude"..Hook..good night .

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull