GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (GaryH, Malavita), 386 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,982
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,105
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80773
11/22/04 02:54 AM
11/22/04 02:54 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Try that in West Hollywood. You'll get a "Yeah, actually. And I like those jeans on you. Do you, uh, wanna go get a Starbucks or something?"

I totally agree with the other question stuff you said, though.
If I got a SERIOUS response like that it would result in my right hand going forward against his face and then placing both hands behind my back lol

One other thing that annoys me: guys who talk about being with every woman on the planet, yet you've never seen them even talk to a girl in front of you.

I don't know if I need to say this one but people who smoke and then blow the smoke in your face. That will result in the same response as above

This has only happened with one person but it pissed me off enough to list it: This guy wears some $10 button down "dress shirt" with jeans- I on the other hand had on a Van Heusen Dress Shirt with dress slacks and dress shoes (yes its what I always wear lol, I don't own a pair of jeans) and he tells me "me and you dress the same way"

He is the teaching assistant for a class, so I haven't said anything but once I get a grade for the course- he is in for it!

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80774
11/22/04 03:44 AM
11/22/04 03:44 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
[b]- People who don't look at you when you talk. Oh my God, I can't tell you how much that annoys and upsets me. What really angers me is that it's sometimes people who I am always willing to listen to long stories from, yet they can't lend an ear and an EYE to me. It just makes me feel like what I'm saying isn't even worthy of being said.
I'm kind of that way where I cannot look into a person's eyes for very long. First I feel that I'm starring & that is rude. But I can't just continue to stare into their eyes as they're talking. I can still listen to them without looking directly at them, but I just CAN'T stare at someone in their eyes for very long. It gets on my nerves. [/b][/quote]When I made this particular "peeve post," I actually considered mentioning the same thing about myself, but I figured it would contradict the whole point of my rant! I have the same trouble with eye contact myself where I can't really look a person straight in the eye, especially for very long. I think my peeve is mainly with people who actually look away from me when I'm talking. My brother and my guy cousin are the main ones who do it, and I'll be telling a story or something, and they'll literally turn around and look a completely different direction. I wouldn't have a problem if they just sort of looked around me, because that's what I often do to people...leading back to the eye contact anxiety, I suppose. It's weird, because it seems I've never been that way until lately. I'm not as shy as I used to be, so I guess I've wanted to develop better social skills by directing my full attention to people when they talk, (since that's what I would appreciate) but I find myself completely tuning out what they're saying because I'm so worried about how long I should keep eye contact, what they're thinking about it, where I could possibly look instead, etc. I'm just happy to hear that some of y'all feel the same way about that. So, what is the BB's hourly charge for therapy, again?

~Gina

(P.S. The wet feet thing sounds interesting. I think the only way that would bother me is if dirt/sand also got on my feet and stuck to the water...ew.)

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80776
11/22/04 09:54 AM
11/22/04 09:54 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Another one pertaining to "driving". Nowhere is the law "pedestrians have the right of way" more taken advantage of as in California. I'm talking about turning on a green arrow, for instance. You know the ones that allow for 2 cars to turn then the light changes. :rolleyes: Pedestrians start crossing and take their sweet old time, and you must wait out another light.

It doesn't matter, they can cross whenever they want, and of course you can't run them down, but it seems no traffic signals apply to them. That also goes for bicycle riders, who for some reason unbelieveable to me, can ride in the traffic lanes. I have to wait, at times, to make that left turn, because there is a guy on a bicycle in front of me, pedaling away making a left turn right with the traffic.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80777
11/22/04 07:43 PM
11/22/04 07:43 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
TIS, I hate that!!! Sometimes I just wanna make it like a video game and see how many I can knock down... 5 points if they're walking, 10 points if they're on a bike, etc. I wish!!

In other countries, YOU have to watch for cars if you wanna cross the street. No driver is gonna be careful and slow down for you. The most they'll do is honk as they speed by. That's a good system, I think we should adopt it.

Not that I hate pedestrians. I walk sometimes too, if I'm going somewhere close, or if you're shopping on a street as opposed to a mall, there's a lot of street-crossing to do, etc. But they just have to be a little more considerate of drivers, is all.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80778
11/22/04 09:02 PM
11/22/04 09:02 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
If I could drive i'd be in jail.
1)i hate people who read the books to movies
2)i hate online smartasses
3)i hate stupid people

"Well at first like everybody else I, I was a soldier."
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80779
11/24/04 11:02 AM
11/24/04 11:02 AM
Melbourne
Liz_85 Offline
Capo
Liz_85  Offline
Capo
Melbourne
I have a thing about people jiggling their legs when I'm sitting beside them. Drives me crazy.

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80780
11/24/04 11:08 AM
11/24/04 11:08 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

As far as the eye thing goes, I agree with Partagas - I try to look into peoples eyes, but not "stare..." although there is one specific girl who's eyes are just so wonderful to gaze in all day long...err...umm...never mind.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80781
11/24/04 02:38 PM
11/24/04 02:38 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:
This eye thing is interesting. I interact with many others while sitting or standing "face-to-face" with them. (interviews, solicitations for contributions, business deals, etc....) It amazes me how different everyone is with the "looking into the eyes" bit. Some will never look at you, some act like there having a stare down contest, some look over your head, etc.... I conciously practice looking at them in the eye but not staring at them (kind of hard to explain, I know) I think I have the ability to be looking into their eyes while actually looking through them.

I also have a lot of public speaking experience and can usually look right through my audience -- I have been told that it appears as if I am looking at each individual. this has taken many years of practice and I am always trying to improve on this style. Initially, I would always look over their heads when speaking. I became aware of this and them began to conciously look at the individuals in the audience until eventually it became a habbit.

All in all though, I am fascinated with the one on one and speaker to audience dynamics.

OK must admit, there are some with gorgeous eyes that mnay have me a little more captivated. The eyes will make me melt and sometimes I have to turn away (as subtlely as possible)
Part, I think that's great that you're so talented in this eye business! Seriously, I wish I could figure out whatever trick it is that you use. Maybe you can give us lessons?

The funny thing is, I actually love "eye stuff." While I may not be good with eye contact during conversations, I love how you can catch a quick glance from a stranger or someone...I like that kind of eye contact because it makes you sort of wonder what the other person is thinking...but not in a weird way, just sort of sweet and romantic. Ah, too many chick flicks for me. As some of y'all have said, there are some people who have just beautiful eyes. It's interesting to see people with the unique colors, like hazel or green, but I also love brown eyes. Dark is really mysterious, and light brown just seems sweet to me. (Speaking of guys' eyes...lol But I get jealous of girls who have pretty eyes because I'd like to have their color.) I just got back from an eye appointment, so this is about all I can think about. My eyes are dilated, still, and they gave me about five sets of drops...to dilate, to un-dilate, check the pressure (?), and God knows what else. :rolleyes:

~Gina

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80782
11/24/04 02:45 PM
11/24/04 02:45 PM

Quote:
although there is one specific girl who's eyes are just so wonderful to gaze in all day long..
HEY you said the same thing about MY eyes......

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80783
11/24/04 08:36 PM
11/24/04 08:36 PM

I have another one to add.

People who make "all time greatest lists" and then THE WHOLE list is of things 2-3 years old.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80784
11/24/04 09:55 PM
11/24/04 09:55 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz_85:
I have a thing about people jiggling their legs when I'm sitting beside them. Drives me crazy.
That's always me. Sorry. I can't sit still... I always move my leg, so then I cross my legs so I'll stop. But we all know that doesn't help, because then it's even easier to just swing the top leg. I never do a full-on swinging my legs thing (like some airhead or a low-class ditz), it's always a slight movement. But still, it's there. So anyway, good thing you'll probably never be sitting next to me.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80785
11/24/04 11:26 PM
11/24/04 11:26 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[quote] although there is one specific girl who's eyes are just so wonderful to gaze in all day long..
HEY you said the same thing about MY eyes...... [/quote]I don't think I've ever seen you in person.

Don't be a playa hater.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80786
11/28/04 10:56 PM
11/28/04 10:56 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz_85:
I do this and my mom always tells me to stop. It's just something that I have to do. I don't know if I just can't sit still or what, but I need to be moving.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80787
11/28/04 11:09 PM
11/28/04 11:09 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
When someone is sitting or standing next to me, and they hit my arm or my leg right before they start to talk!!
It drive me nuts!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80788
11/29/04 12:37 AM
11/29/04 12:37 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
When someone is sitting or standing next to me, and they hit my arm or my leg right before they start to talk!!
It drive me nuts!

Don Cardi
Good one, Don Cardi. I've had people do that to me in a joking manner, so it's not as bad, but I can see how that could get annoying. I seem to remember a character on a TV show that did that. I think it was Friends? I think there was an episode where a guest character kept hitting people when she talked to them...

~Gina

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80789
11/29/04 12:49 AM
11/29/04 12:49 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
When a third person butts in on the private conversation between 2 people.

It happened to me back on the 4th of july. I was having a private conversation with one of my cousins, then all of a sudden her step-brothers wife butted her nose in. I just lost it right there. man did I ever unload on her.

Plus anti-gun people

And religious people who try and shove their religious beliefs on me.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80791
12/06/04 04:15 PM
12/06/04 04:15 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I just got another one about 15-20 minutes ago. When you see a car well down the road & you start walking across the street. Then they brake until their tires screech & look at you like your the biggest a**hole!I was there first, you didn't have to speed & then try to stare me down jerk!

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80792
12/06/04 04:17 PM
12/06/04 04:17 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I hate when a person takes up more then one seat on the bus. They just sit on the outside seat or plop their bookbag or something on the next seat. They give you a dirty look if you ask them kindly to move over. You should legally be able to shoot at least one person on a bus a week.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80793
12/06/04 06:40 PM
12/06/04 06:40 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
You should legally be able to shoot at least one person on a bus a week.
Or, in lieu thereof, a crowded college hallway.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80795
12/07/04 11:52 AM
12/07/04 11:52 AM
Indiana
Neri Offline
Capo
Neri  Offline
Capo
Indiana
A few things:

When you ask someone(friend, date, anyone) where they want to eat or what movie they want to go see and they reply, I dont know, what about you? I think everyone has experienced this.

When you have to keep telling people the same thing over and over again because they seemingly forgot. Either that or they're stupid.

When people make terrible calls in poker and end up lucking out on the river by hitting their inside straight or flush draw.

When people say that if they ever took steroids, they did so unknowingly.

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster." - Henry Hill
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80796
12/07/04 03:46 PM
12/07/04 03:46 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Neri:

When you ask someone(friend, date, anyone) where they want to eat or what movie they want to go see and they reply, I dont know, what about you? I think everyone has experienced this.
Grr! Yes! I remember trying to go out with an old friend from high school once, and I got this answer repeatedly fuck off! I date girls who are decisive. :p

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80797
02/07/05 09:56 PM
02/07/05 09:56 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I can prolly think of a few, seeing as I work in the restaurant business...:

Every now and then, my boss will pull me from the cooking area, and ask me to greet and seat people, as well as help out the bus boys and waiters and waitresses. This leads to some interesting confrontations:

-When two people decide to stop right in front of where I'm walking, and decide to have a f*cking conversation. This happens ALL the time.

-When I cook someone a steak, and they eat all but a bite of it, then send my boss back to tell me it was awful. Gee buddy, you seemed to enjoy it enough to eat the whole f*cking steak.

-When my boss tells me to put a bag of wings down, and then 30 more people tell me to put a bag of wings down, only to find out that they were talking about that same bag my boss told me.

Everyday Pet Peeves
- When my little sister decides to rearrange all my movies. I have obsessive compulsive qualities, and my movies fall under that category. I got em in a specific order. I flip out when I go to grab one, and can't find it.

- When I'm driving down a two way street, and the person I'm behind knows the person driving the car going the opposite way, and they stop in the middle of the f*cking road and start talking. I beep the horn, and they look at me like I'M the asshole.

- When I tell my girlfriend something that someone said, and she asks in all seriousness "Why would they say that?" HOW SHOULD I KNOW?!?!

There's more, but 24 is about to come on. That's another of my obsessions.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80798
02/07/05 10:51 PM
02/07/05 10:51 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[b]Everyday Pet Peeves
- When my little sister decides to rearrange all my movies. I am obsessive compulsive qualities, and my movies fall under that category. I got em in a specific order. I flip out when I go to grab one, and can't find it.[/b]
Right on man, I HEAR that! I also hate it when someone borrows a DVD of mine and I don't see it again for like 3 weeks. Plus add in the fact that I usually buy at least 1 DVD a week and having to rearrange them with that gap! I have a reputation of borrowing someone's movie and getting back to them in a day or 2. That's what I wish people would respect me in the same way but I can't really say something or I'll look like an a**hole. Although, there's this 1 person that this really happens with and as of late he's been saying "No, I won't have the time, etc." Which makes me happy. I offered and I guess I got to him enough that he's not going to continue to borrow. Literally, he'd just take a DVD without telling anyone or he'd keep them for weeks on end. It doesn't take that long to watch a movie!

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80799
02/07/05 11:19 PM
02/07/05 11:19 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
It's gotten to the point now where I'll stop just short of giving someone a polygraph test before I let them borrow one of my DVDs. The past few times I've lended one to somebody, it's either come back scratched up to the point where it won't play, or I just won't get it back period. Same with my PS2 games, CDs, etc. People, compact discs have been around since the mid-80s, if you don't know how to take care of them, you don't need to be using 'em. (That's to no one specific, BTW.)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80800
02/07/05 11:54 PM
02/07/05 11:54 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I'm with you on that man. It's all about respect. I hate it went people borrow my DVD's and the cases are all f*cked up. I take GREAT care of my DVD's and I hate it when people don't show me the respect of taking as good of care of them as I did.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80801
02/08/05 01:03 AM
02/08/05 01:03 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
With the resurrection of this thread, I thought of a new one. It's not really a pet peeve, but it gets on my nerves.
I love going to Laker games, but I cannot stand the Laker Girls. There are like two or three who are okay, but in general, these girls couldn't dance to save their lives. Okay, that's an exaggeration... but they make it look more like an aerobics video than a dance. Whoever their choreographer is, he/she should be fired. And their synchronization is always off. It's like watching a train wreck happen over and over again. :rolleyes:

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80802
02/08/05 01:04 AM
02/08/05 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
With the resurrection of this thread, I thought of a new one. It's not really a pet peeve, but it gets on my nerves.
I love going to Laker games, but I cannot stand the Laker Girls. There are like two or three who are okay, but in general, these girls couldn't dance to save their lives. Okay, that's an exaggeration... but they make it look more like an aerobics video than a dance. Whoever their choreographer is, he/she should be fired. And their synchronization is always off. It's like watching a train wreck happen over and over again. :rolleyes:
ummmmmmmm people don't watch them for their dancing ability

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull