GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 289 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Where The Real Italian G's At? #1028944
01/26/22 10:23 PM
01/26/22 10:23 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline OP
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline OP
D
Underboss
What happened to the real Italian gangsters? How come it took a non-Italian (Fotios Geas) to stick it to Whitey Bulger? Not to mention that he stood up while his made man representative (Bingy Arilotta) folded like a bi*ch. And then recently another rat (Alpo Martinez) was whacked, but by the blacks. This isn't a post about Italians in general, but only the criminal gangster element. I'd be embarrassed as a wiseguy in the underworld right now, just saying. The streets are talking, and it's nothing nice.

Last edited by DillyDolly; 01/26/22 10:26 PM.
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028946
01/26/22 10:31 PM
01/26/22 10:31 PM
K
Kese Offline
Capo
Kese  Offline
K
Capo
They sure as hell arnt respected by other OC groups as they once were. Heres an interesting story & event that occurred recently… a half dozen wise guys got their ass handed to them on their own turf by 3 biker gang members

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: Kese] #1028947
01/26/22 10:43 PM
01/26/22 10:43 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Kese
They sure as hell arnt respected by other OC groups as they once were. Heres an interesting story & event that occurred recently… a half dozen wise guys got their ass handed to them on their own turf by 3 biker gang members

Calandra is so full of crap. His story may have happened, but he is unhappy he's a punk instead of a gangster, so he looks to put down mob guys who are still in that life, IN fact he was never in it, he was just a kid in a neighborhood with wiseguys. Now he is promoting journals and a book.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028948
01/26/22 10:47 PM
01/26/22 10:47 PM
D
DillyDolly Offline OP
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline OP
D
Underboss
For the record, I'm not saying that there's no more real wiseguys out there, I'm just explaining it the way it appears. I'm sure there's plenty of real ones left, but just from a general consensus a lot of people are looking down on the mob now.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: jace] #1028949
01/26/22 10:52 PM
01/26/22 10:52 PM
K
Kese Offline
Capo
Kese  Offline
K
Capo
Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by Kese

Calandra is so full of crap. His story may have happened, but he is unhappy he's a punk instead of a gangster, so he looks to put down mob guys who are still in that life, IN fact he was never in it, he was just a kid in a neighborhood with wiseguys. Now he is promoting journals and a book.
Im with you on that one. Also his stories are getting old, i doubt his book will be nothing more than rehashed stories he already told once on youtube… Now this particular story is interesting, give it a watch

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028957
01/27/22 04:27 AM
01/27/22 04:27 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by DillyDolly
What happened to the real Italian gangsters? How come it took a non-Italian (Fotios Geas) to stick it to Whitey Bulger? Not to mention that he stood up while his made man representative (Bingy Arilotta) folded like a bi*ch. And then recently another rat (Alpo Martinez) was whacked, but by the blacks. This isn't a post about Italians in general, but only the criminal gangster element. I'd be embarrassed as a wiseguy in the underworld right now, just saying. The streets are talking, and it's nothing nice.

Because the mob fears all the media attention that the murder of a rat can create. Bulger was killed in prison by a lifer and Alpo by blacks who don't care about the media.Also for many, killing a rat when it has already flipped is considered useless.
The last made man killed because was a rat is Mario Riccobene in 1993 in philly.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028964
01/27/22 08:04 AM
01/27/22 08:04 AM
D
DillyDolly Offline OP
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline OP
D
Underboss
With all due respect Furio, I don't think you understand the streets. The criminal world doesn't wanna hear "I'm afraid of prison so I'm gonna let that slide." Reputation is everything in that life and everyone's watching. Yes Fotios Geas is a lifer but he proved what he was made of before he became a lifer, when he stood with a backbone while his Mafia captain folded like an accordion facing murder and racketeering charges. That's beyond embarrassing. And if I'm not mistaken Bingy Arilotta moved back to his old neighborhood. It's ridiculous.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028968
01/27/22 09:54 AM
01/27/22 09:54 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
The streets are talking...and they're saying to pick up after your dog!

In all seriousness now: top-tier Italians couldn't care less about some street code.

Looking down on the mob because they don't kill rats is being short-sighted.

The only thing that is truly respected is money. Reputations is based on how much you earn, not on your kill count.

Arrillotta is alive because it's not financially beneficial to get the FBI on your tail over a loser rat that poses no threat to your operations.

Low-brow gang culture is emotionally volatile and that's why there are so many murders and so many people in jail over dumb feuds and snitching allegations.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028969
01/27/22 10:53 AM
01/27/22 10:53 AM
D
DillyDolly Offline OP
Underboss
DillyDolly  Offline OP
D
Underboss
I get what you're saying, but please explain this: where's the deterrent to stem the tide of 2 out of every 5 wiseguys being wired up? Where's the discipline? I know you can't stop everyone from flipping, but seems to me like they could at least slow it down.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028970
01/27/22 11:15 AM
01/27/22 11:15 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Jimmy Calandra has to be the most miserable man in all of rat land. Don't believe his lies. This is a man who was an utter NOBODY in the street. He wasn't made. He wasn't with anybody. All he does is talk and none of it has to do with anything he did. A true rat and a lowlife.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028971
01/27/22 11:22 AM
01/27/22 11:22 AM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss
Well people most understand that the mafia in north america don’t have the street muscle like before, because the situation of the italo-americans or even the italo-canadians as changed alot.
Criminal organizations have a bucket of hitters from the low income places. Before, you had italians that were from low income families and tough neighborhoods, so those young guys had a way of thinking.
But, now many italo-american are fromthe middle or high classes of society.
Don’t get me wrong, there is low income italians families or criminal from middle/high classes.
But the criminal world of the italian community as change.
I guess most young members of the italian mafia are more like racketeers than gangsters now. They will kill you or hire someone to do the job. But with all the legit buisness they have and there background who is different from a guy like al capone, john gotti or sammy the bull, they will not think like the old mob guys.

The mafia is like the jewish organized crime of before. They are criminals from mostly a « good background of the criminal world ». By good background im saying they are not from the gutter or places where as a kid youn had to fight to go to school etc.

You can see the difference with criminal groups of italy, where you have many young italians who are ready to shoot, like the bikers, gangs or other criminal groups

Last edited by Blackmobs; 01/27/22 11:28 AM.
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #1028972
01/27/22 11:36 AM
01/27/22 11:36 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Jimmy Calandra has to be the most miserable man in all of rat land. Don't believe his lies. This is a man who was an utter NOBODY in the street. He wasn't made. He wasn't with anybody. All he does is talk and none of it has to do with anything he did. A true rat and a lowlife.

100% dead on! Calandra was even lower on the mob scale than (I hate to say this) John Alite. Now that is low down the ladder!

Last edited by jace; 01/27/22 11:38 AM.
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028976
01/27/22 11:41 AM
01/27/22 11:41 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by LuanKuci
The streets are talking...and they're saying to pick up after your dog!

In all seriousness now: top-tier Italians couldn't care less about some street code.

The only thing that is truly respected is money. Reputations is based on how much you earn, not on your kill count.

Arrillotta is alive because it's not financially beneficial to get the FBI on your tail over a loser rat that poses no threat to your operations.

Low-brow gang culture is emotionally volatile and that's why there are so many murders and so many people in jail over dumb feuds and snitching allegations.

Agree with Luankuci. The mafia is different from the street gangs and from the prison,Geas is in Coleman,one of the worst prison and must show his ruthless to the youngest inmates.
The mob is all about money,you can be a killer and a brokester or rich without never pulled the trigger.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 01/27/22 11:42 AM.
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: LuanKuci] #1028981
01/27/22 02:31 PM
01/27/22 02:31 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by LuanKuci
all seriousness now: top-tier Italians couldn't care less about some street code.

Very accurate. Killing rats probably isn’t the deterrent people think it would be. It just leads to false accusations (over jealousy or so somebody can take your earn) and leads to more rats because everybody is paranoid. Violence is the last resort and obviously the smarter wise guys figured out better ways to keep their operations more safe without it. Too risky in the modern age. It’s about MONEY not who’s the toughest. That doesn’t mean guys deep in the life aren’t capable though.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1028995
01/27/22 09:32 PM
01/27/22 09:32 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Rats are indeed a problem for LCN, but once someone flips there’s really nothing they can do other than do damage control and reorganize, like they’ve been doing for decades. The most harm rats do is when there’s a murder involved. That’s why many cases involving non-violent crimes don’t end up like the feds want despite the use of rats. Defense lawyers can do marvels when there’s no sign of violence.

By not being violent, rats can cause less damage.

By not being violent, authorities and civilians are less likely to antagonize them.

A deterrent would be mocking those rats whose lives are more miserable than before. Despite their egos and dreams of grandeur, most rats don’t do well as legitimate citizens and either go back to crime or whore themselves out on YT or on some podcasts. Still clinging to their mob past for a buck. Pathetic.

Too bad that “career” is shrinking rapidly.

Unless someone like Dom Cefalù flips and starts a podcasts (highly unlikely) how many former low-tier goons and soldiers are going to get everyone’s attention by repeating the same small-time suburban wiseguy tirade we’ve been sold repeatedly for years?

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029007
01/28/22 06:12 AM
01/28/22 06:12 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
After Gravano went out the witsec in the 1990s,the Gambinos send in Arizona Thomas Carbonaro and an another wiseguy to kill Gravano but him was arrested for drug trafficking before this and Carbonaro get 70 years for various ceimes including conspiracy to commit murder (the other mobster flipped).
That is because the mob wouldn't try to kill rats after years.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: Blackmobs] #1029038
01/28/22 03:15 PM
01/28/22 03:15 PM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Blackmobs
Well people most understand that the mafia in north america don’t have the street muscle like before, because the situation of the italo-americans or even the italo-canadians as changed alot.
Criminal organizations have a bucket of hitters from the low income places. Before, you had italians that were from low income families and tough neighborhoods, so those young guys had a way of thinking.
But, now many italo-american are fromthe middle or high classes of society.
Don’t get me wrong, there is low income italians families or criminal from middle/high classes.
But the criminal world of the italian community as change.
I guess most young members of the italian mafia are more like racketeers than gangsters now. They will kill you or hire someone to do the job. But with all the legit buisness they have and there background who is different from a guy like al capone, john gotti or sammy the bull, they will not think like the old mob guys.

The mafia is like the jewish organized crime of before. They are criminals from mostly a « good background of the criminal world ». By good background im saying they are not from the gutter or places where as a kid youn had to fight to go to school etc.

You can see the difference with criminal groups of italy, where you have many young italians who are ready to shoot, like the bikers, gangs or other criminal groups

Agree 100% with this.

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029042
01/28/22 03:34 PM
01/28/22 03:34 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

Attached Files extralarge.jpg
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: CNote] #1029169
01/29/22 10:32 PM
01/29/22 10:32 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by CNote

You are kidding, I hope,

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: jace] #1029173
01/29/22 10:47 PM
01/29/22 10:47 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

You are kidding, I hope,

In what way?

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: CNote] #1029175
01/29/22 11:06 PM
01/29/22 11:06 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

You are kidding, I hope,

In what way?

I thought you were. he is not a mafia member or prospect, that is why I thought you were joking. His grandfather was an associate when he was a baby, maybe before he was born. He is a drug addict, and had no mafia connections to his arrests. He killed a Black friend in a drug dispute, with no mob ties.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029180
01/29/22 11:40 PM
01/29/22 11:40 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

You are kidding, I hope,

In what way?

I thought you were. he is not a mafia member or prospect, that is why I thought you were joking. His grandfather was an associate when he was a baby, maybe before he was born. He is a drug addict, and had no mafia connections to his arrests. He killed a Black friend in a drug dispute, with no mob ties.

I don't why I bother to respond to you when your clearly unreasonable.

Do you read where it states "Not Italians in general but only the criminal gangster element ". Nothing about having to be a made man or mobster or prospect. He might be a drug addict but the murder was about money the victim owed him,.
"After a search, Sasso was found. The heavily tattooed man is an alleged Gambino family associate and is related to numerous mob convicts. His father did three years on gun trafficking charges, and his 79-year-old grandfather was convicted in 1992 of helping Gotti extract payoffs from contractors.
About a year ago, following the shooting of a construction working in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen, Sasso was questioned but not charged.
He was also a suspect in another non-fatal shooting in Queens seven years ago, police sources said.
In total, Sasso has 30 prior arrests, for weapons, assault, and drugs. Judging by that tattoo under his eye, he's spurned the family business to join the street gang Sex Money Murder (also known as Sex Money Murda, S.M.M. and $.M.M.), which operates on the East Coast of the United States. A Bronx-based street organization that originated in the Soundview section of the Bronx, New York, it is affiliated with the United Blood Nation, one of the largest street gangs in New York city.
Oku has 31 arrests for robbery, burglary, and drugs.
“Why’d he shoot you?”
“An old beef.”
Sasso is the grandson of Robert Sasso, a former union leader who pleaded guilty to racketeering in 1994 and was sent to prison for 41 months. He also resigned as president of a powerful Teamsters local in 1992 amid allegations he gave Gotti contractors' payoffs.
Sammy “Bull” Gravano — who flipped on John Gotti — testified in 1993 that Sasso could help the Gambinos reach developer Donald Trump. “Donald Trump obviously does a lot of construction, and if Bobby Sasso, the president of 282, the Teamsters, who was with our family, would reach Donald Trump and tell him that we were interested in a meeting with him — when I say ‘we,’ I don’t mean me or John Gotti — I don’t know if Trump would meet us, but it would open the door for a meeting,” Gravano testified."

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029181
01/29/22 11:58 PM
01/29/22 11:58 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
C-Note, I was rational. Dilly Dolly opened with:
What happened to the real Italian gangsters? How come it took a non-Italian (Fotios Geas) to stick it to Whitey Bulger? Not to mention that he stood up while his made man representative (Bingy Arilotta) folded like a bi*ch. And then recently another rat (Alpo Martinez) was whacked, but by the blacks.

He is not a mobster, and never will get made. He was not an associate, even in the news story they only say he was the grandson of one. Get real!

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029182
01/29/22 11:59 PM
01/29/22 11:59 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Plus C-note, read the topic title.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029185
01/30/22 12:06 AM
01/30/22 12:06 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Plus C-note, read the topic title.

Jace, please read the full topic
This isn't a post about Italians in general, but only the criminal gangster element. I'd be embarrassed as a wiseguy in the underworld right now, just saying. The streets are talking, and it's nothing nice.

The key being "criminal gangster element" not made man and he associated numerous mob convicts. Too bad it doesn't meet your criteria, I'll lose a lot of sleep over it tonight.

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029186
01/30/22 12:09 AM
01/30/22 12:09 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Fine C-note. Try Nyquil for your sleep problem.

Last edited by jace; 01/30/22 12:10 AM.
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029208
01/30/22 06:53 AM
01/30/22 06:53 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Only to me look strange that an italian accepted to joint a black gang? Is the SMM white monkey?

Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029211
01/30/22 08:51 AM
01/30/22 08:51 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

"Cosa Nostra has only changed strategy, choosing immersion, invisibility, as the 'Ndrangheta had done even before. Today the utilitarian reasoning of the mafias is not making noise, moving underground, moving in the legal and illegal sector of the economy ".

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: furio_from_naples] #1029212
01/30/22 09:39 AM
01/30/22 09:39 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Only to me look strange that an italian accepted to joint a black gang? Is the SMM white monkey?

This interesting article might explain their willingness to accept Sasso.
"SMM modelled themselves on the Italian mafia, although you can’t compare their power. Street crews and their petty beefs are very different from major organized crime and the Bloods are nowhere near as powerful as the mafia, although they are more prevalent. But Pistol Pete and the others had a fascination for Italian organized crime. They saw it as being very glamorous, but also a poke in the eye of authority. Yet street crews like SMM were more dangerous than the mafia in a way, because they were so much quicker to shoot. Personal slights would escalate into a murder. If the mafia rubs anyone out, it’s generally about money or business. With SMM it would take nothing"
https://www.vice.com/en/article/mbx48a/who-was-pistol-pete-sex-money-murder-nyc-bronx

Attached Files 1524071540764-Sex-Money-Murder_978-0-393-24448-9.jpg
Re: Where The Real Italian G's At? [Re: DillyDolly] #1029363
02/01/22 08:32 PM
02/01/22 08:32 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
I don't think the mob lacks capable men. I think it's all about money. Just like in "legitimate " business, the guys in charge only care about money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull