GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, m2w, 1 invisible), 228 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,391
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joe "Iron Man" Ardizzone's family ties #1026893
01/01/22 10:23 PM
01/01/22 10:23 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
The Under Boss of the San Francisco crime family (from 1860-1919) Lorenzo Lazio was married to Angelina Ardizzone Caito. She is related somehow to Joseph "Iron Man" Ardizzone, the first Boss of the Los Angeles crime family, but I can't figure out exactly how.

Anyone know?

I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.
- John Gotti
Re: Joe "Iron Man" Ardizzone's family ties [Re: jtsterling] #1026894
01/01/22 10:28 PM
01/01/22 10:28 PM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Joe Ardizzone was also the brother-in-law of Joe Cerrito, Boss of San Jose.

- John Gotti
Re: Joe "Iron Man" Ardizzone's family ties [Re: jtsterling] #1026949
01/02/22 05:49 PM
01/02/22 05:49 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Cousins. Giuseppe Ardizzone father was Antonio Ardizzone, and his Grandfather was Stefano Ardizzone. On Joe Ardizzone grandmother side he is related to Stefano and Giovanni Randone, to mobsters in Palermo area back in the day. On his mother side he is related to the Cuccia, Francisco Cuccia being the most well known of them. Giuseppe Cuccia is said to have been the Ardizzones uncle, with Piero Cuccia a cousin, both were active members of the early Los Angeles family, with Pietor going back to Sicily in 1922 after the Vito D hit. Joe Ardizzone brother Steve Ardizzone married a cousin to Sam Matranga, and a cousin to Pietro Matranga which was one of the reasons for the fight, not Romeo and Juliet story, but it didn't help. They are related by marriage to a lot of known mobsters, Nicola Schiro (Bonanno family), Giorgio Niotta (LA member) who married into the Dragna family. Frank and Nick Borgia both Los Angeles members. Giuseppe Piccola of Dallas family. The list goes on with the relationships with marriage.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Joe "Iron Man" Ardizzone's family ties [Re: jtsterling] #1026973
01/02/22 11:32 PM
01/02/22 11:32 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
^why does it say giacomo is banned?? He’s a very knowledgeable guy what did he do?

Re: Joe "Iron Man" Ardizzone's family ties [Re: jtsterling] #1026983
01/03/22 06:15 AM
01/03/22 06:15 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Nothing. It is just a title Moscone.

Steve Ardizzone was also a member who had strong connections with the Sciortino's, Giuseppe Vicari, and others in Northern California. Stefano was the Ardizzone that traveled to New York City for Rosario DeSimone and later his brother Joe. He stayed with Gaetano Matranga while in New York, not sure if that was his wife's brother or a cousin, not sure if his wife died or he got a divorce because later Steve was living with his sister and brother in law as single in Los Angeles. He became friends with Vincenzo Figlia during his stays, and met Joe Cerrito who both would move to San Jose later on. Gaetano Matranga was an early member of the Gambino family and associate of Vincenzo LoCicero and Calogero Deleo two early members of the Gambino family. Although he was in the company of Salvatore D'Aquila and Salvatore DiBella men, he also was in the company of the Reina's, which I suspect is how the Dragnas may have ended up Los Angeles. Steve would pass away in 1941 in Los Angeles and not San Jose.
Another brother Salvatore was involved in the crime family, but never made and after his brother disappeared, he retired from those activities. He already had four kids, only one a son Anthony who would join the Navy or Navy reserves, after Joe disappeared, Salvatore and his wife tried for another son to name Joseph after his brother, but they produced two more daughters and stopped. Salvatore was missing a digit on his right hand from a labor accident and not gang activity. Frank another brother was legit.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Joe "Iron Man" Ardizzone's family ties [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1027440
01/07/22 01:30 AM
01/07/22 01:30 AM
San Francisco
jtsterling Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
jtsterling  Offline OP
'lil Jimmy Two-Guns
Button
San Francisco
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Cousins. Giuseppe Ardizzone father was Antonio Ardizzone, and his Grandfather was Stefano Ardizzone. On Joe Ardizzone grandmother side he is related to Stefano and Giovanni Randone, to mobsters in Palermo area back in the day. On his mother side he is related to the Cuccia, Francisco Cuccia being the most well known of them. Giuseppe Cuccia is said to have been the Ardizzones uncle, with Piero Cuccia a cousin, both were active members of the early Los Angeles family, with Pietor going back to Sicily in 1922 after the Vito D hit. Joe Ardizzone brother Steve Ardizzone married a cousin to Sam Matranga, and a cousin to Pietro Matranga which was one of the reasons for the fight, not Romeo and Juliet story, but it didn't help. They are related by marriage to a lot of known mobsters, Nicola Schiro (Bonanno family), Giorgio Niotta (LA member) who married into the Dragna family. Frank and Nick Borgia both Los Angeles members. Giuseppe Piccola of Dallas family. The list goes on with the relationships with marriage.

Thanks Giacomo, the mystery is solved! wink

- John Gotti
Re: Joe "Iron Man" Ardizzone's family ties [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1032477
04/03/22 10:01 PM
04/03/22 10:01 PM
C
CorrellArdizzone Offline
Associate
CorrellArdizzone  Offline
C
Associate
I am a direct descendant of Joseph Ardizzone, he is my Great Grand Uncle.
Giacomo_Vacari your post is one of the most accurate I have seen. May I ask, do you have a personal connection with my family? I would love to hear more from you. I have photos and true lines family tree information that confirms the names and connections mentioned in your post.
Thanks for Sharing

Last edited by CorrellArdizzone; 04/03/22 10:03 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull