GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke), 362 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,434
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The build up to Carlo’s eventual turn #1025464
12/12/21 11:12 AM
12/12/21 11:12 AM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Before the Sopranos movie came out they ran a marathon of all the Seasons and it was the first time I’ve seen many of them since they first aired. One thing I forgot about was in Season 6 they really built up Carlo’s eventual decision to turn throughout the season. It wasn’t just that his son got nabbed for drugs in the final episode. The Vito being gay thing was kind of the first incident. Carlo and the others wanted him dead but Tony wanted to keep him around only because it would make him more money. Then when Bobby got injured Carlo showed a lot if concern whereas Tony replied “Fuck that honor and loyalty bullshit”. You can tell from the way the camera stayed on Carlo that comment really pissed him off. Then the biggest Incident IMO was when Tony Carlo and Bobby were driving after visiting Hesh. Tony was being pissy for having to pay his debts and he lashed out at Carlo saying “Maybe you should start sucking cock because Vito earned three times what you do and I wouldn’t be in this mess”. That was the final straw fir Carlo and even if his son didn’t get arrested he would have eventually got back at Tony. Just great buildup from a great show!

Re: The build up to Carlo’s eventual turn [Re: JCrusher] #1025588
12/14/21 12:27 PM
12/14/21 12:27 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
Interesting comment.

That scene in the car after they visited Hesh was savage. I have always been wondering what position Bobby had at the time because it would be very inapropriate for Tony to talk like that to a capo in front of another capo. Now if Bobby was the Underboss at the time, it's a different story.

Re: The build up to Carlo’s eventual turn [Re: JCrusher] #1025591
12/14/21 01:02 PM
12/14/21 01:02 PM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
I think in particular the comment about sucking cock was probably the thing that made flipping that much easier when his kid was facing mandatory fed time for dealing X.

There's another scene where they're in the safehouse where Carlo says they're going to meet Paulie at the hospital to visit Sil and asks Tony if he wants to come. He gets up from the table immediately and says he's got shit to do as he goes to lay down upstairs. Benny shakes his head and says "Yesterday it was his gout...." and Carlo is shaking his head disappointingly. I don't think towards the end Carlo got a sense that Tony had a lot of loyalty towards his guys. He obviously doesn't know Tony did in fact go visit Sil in the hospital.

A lot of things there probably made Carlo think "why not?" but ultimately it was his kid getting pinched that led him to flip. I'm sure the Feds leveraged the shit out of that situation in their favor. Ha.

Re: The build up to Carlo’s eventual turn [Re: JCrusher] #1025696
12/16/21 05:48 PM
12/16/21 05:48 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Sure His Sin getting pinched was the final straw but I do think Carlo was fed up with Tony before that. Plus his cousin Burt was murdered as well

Last edited by JCrusher; 12/16/21 05:48 PM.
Re: The build up to Carlo’s eventual turn [Re: JCrusher] #1025796
12/18/21 02:47 AM
12/18/21 02:47 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Apart from being a nuisance what did Carlo actually do , you never saw him do any mafia work. Im not surprised he flipped.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: The build up to Carlo’s eventual turn [Re: JCrusher] #1025811
12/18/21 10:26 AM
12/18/21 10:26 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Carlo was in charge of shipping containers at the docks, I would not say he controlled the docks, otherwise he would be bringing in more money and Tony would not have made that out burst and disrespect in the car. He was given the construction racket later on, and seen as a consultant on a movie, counting recite. We dont see much of what he does really, but some of his actions and references indicate an accountant, possibly a shylock, and hijacking. He is one of the few people in the show where we do not know if he is a widower or has a mistress. Mob work in the show Fat Dom was heavy work, him taking product from shipping containers before they arrived at their final destination, accounting, relaying envelopes, which brings up another motive for turning as he gave Bobbies envelope to Tony who did not show support for Bobby earning even though he was in the hospital. Then you also have his cousin Burt being killed, instead of a sitdown, with Sil acting ahead without notifying Tony first, and Tony just nodding his head. Respect and protocols where not being kept during Tony's reign, and besides the Fat Dom incident which was in the heat of the moment, Carlos character was a stickler for the rules.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull